- Huntington Bank expands Michigan microlending program by $5M Updated: Jul-29-15 2:46 am
LANSING, Michigan - Huntington Bank says it's expanding its microlending collaboration with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation to provide $5 million in loans to small businesses in 17 counties.
- SBA loan approvals resume after Congress lifts lending limit Updated: Jul-28-15 2:53 pm
NEW YORK - Small businesses are again able to get loans backed by the federal government.
- Disaster loan center opening in Paducah for July flooding Updated: Jul-28-15 4:05 am
PADUCAH, Kentucky - Businesses and residents affected by flash flooding earlier this month in the Paducah area can apply for low-interest Small Business Administration loans.
- Q&A: What happened to government's small business loans? Updated: Jul-23-15 5:50 pm
NEW YORK - The government's biggest small business loan program is on hold after running out of money.
- Costs from regulations pile up, hurt small business profits Updated: Jul-22-15 12:41 pm
NEW YORK - It's getting more expensive to be an employer and small business owners say that's making it harder for them to make money.
- Louisiana Business and Technology Center gets federal grant Updated: Jul-13-15 7:20 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Business & Technology Center at LSU's south campus in Baton Rouge will receive a $150,000 grant for support of research and development and small-business innovation.
- Premier Bank seized, United Fidelity buys Colorado assets Updated: Jul-11-15 12:35 pm
DENVER - State regulators have closed Premier Bank, and the deposits of its two branches, in Denver and Aurora, have been acquired by United Fidelity Bank.
- China's underground banks spread pain as defaults rise Updated: Jul-10-15 2:58 am
BEIJING - Fan Xiaolin, an engineer in Changsha in central China, thought he was safe when he deposited his family's savings of 800,000 yuan ($130,000) in a private finance company he said was recommended by employees of state-owned Bank of China.
- USDA offers funding for farmers markets, local food programs Updated: Jul-05-15 8:34 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The U.S. Department of Agriculture's focus has traditionally been on food production, agriculture and natural resources but under the administration of President Barack Obama the USDA also has taken on a broader rural economic development role.
- Disaster loans offered in Ky., W.Va., Va. for weather damage Updated: Jul-02-15 9:49 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal disaster loans are available in parts of Kentucky, West Virginia and Virginia for weather-related damage in March.