- Grants to help rural jobs, entrepreneurship in rural Maine Updated: Feb-09-16 4:25 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The U.S. Department of Commerce will send $640,000 to spur job creation in rural Maine.
- Skvarla pitches broadband, crowdfunding, venture capital Updated: Feb-04-16 6:35 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's commerce secretary says rural and small-town economies won't grow without access to high-speed Internet.
- State to invest in small businesses, promote local food Updated: Jan-23-16 11:02 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state is offering grants to small businesses to increase the competitiveness of Rhode Island products and help local farmers and food partners grow their businesses.
- In King's name, group helps ex-inmates re-enter society Updated: Jan-17-16 10:56 am
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - It was from inside a jail cell in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1963 that the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., under arrest for leading a civil-rights march, wrote that "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- Federal government still offering disaster loans for Sandy Updated: Jan-17-16 9:02 am
ALBANY, New York - The federal Small Business Administration is still processing low-interest loans for Superstorm Sandy.
- Loans available to help rebuild from December storms, floods Updated: Jan-15-16 11:50 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley says loans administered through the federal Small Business Administration are available to help victims of late December storms repair damage to their property.
- Small business disaster loans available in 16 Va. localities Updated: Jan-13-16 3:06 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Small businesses and nonprofit organizations in 16 Virginia localities are eligible for federal disaster loans as a result of heavy rain and flooding in late September and early October.