- China cuts rates on loans to small businesses Updated: Nov-19-15 5:46 am
BEIJING - China cut interest rates Thursday on loans by small lenders that finance the country's entrepreneurs in a new move to shore up lackluster economic growth.
- Raimondo highlights new grant programs to help businesses Updated: Nov-18-15 1:14 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo says the state is offering three new incentive programs to help businesses as part of her strategy to jumpstart Rhode Island's economy.
- Small business disaster loans available in 8 Va. localities Updated: Nov-10-15 3:00 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Small businesses, agriculture cooperatives and nonprofit organizations in eight Southside Virginia localities are eligible for federal disaster loans as a result of recent flooding.
- Top UN official calls for helping Syria refugees make living Updated: Nov-08-15 2:55 pm
REHAB, Jordan - Aid to Syria's millions of refugees must "go beyond relief" and help them make a living close to home, a top U.N. official said Sunday, as key international decision-makers gathered to find a new approach to the Syria refugee crisis.
- Philadelphia congressman's son convicted of fraud charges Updated: Nov-05-15 2:44 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A veteran Philadelphia congressman's son was found guilty Thursday of federal bank and tax fraud charges.
- SBA offering loans to southwest Virginia storm victims Updated: Nov-03-15 2:31 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Low-interest disaster loans are available to Virginia businesses and residents in southwest Virginia that were drenched by rains in late September and early October.
- Tech tycoon spearheads pot legalization bid in California Updated: Nov-02-15 7:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The push to put California among the states where marijuana can be sold to and legally used by adults for recreation took a major step forward on Monday as ballot language backed by Napster co-founder Sean Parker, other wealthy entrepreneurs who support pot legalization and leading advocacy groups was filed with the state.
- Advocates, businesses at odds over Maine clean elections law Updated: Nov-01-15 10:57 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine voters are getting ready to decide proposed changes to their state's public campaign finance law as business interests disagree over the measure, the governor calls it "a scam" and a U.S. senator praises the effort to "pull back the curtain on secret money."
- SEC opens door to startup investing for all Updated: Oct-30-15 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - A new form of crowdfunding is coming soon that will allow startups to raise money by selling stock to Main Street investors.
- High school senior helps form tutoring organization Updated: Oct-29-15 12:37 pm
MARSHALL, Pennsylvania - Siddarth Narayan never needed tutoring but has seen the difference it makes.
- Small Business Administration offers wildfire disaster loans Updated: Oct-29-15 11:23 am
SEATTLE - The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering low-interest disaster loans to Washington businesses, nonprofits and residents affected by the wildfires.
- Correction: Extra module "Small Business Monitor" Updated: Oct-28-15 1:49 pm
The "Small Business Monitor" module sent for use as part of Money & Markets Extra for Sunday, Oct. 25 gave the incorrect name for the Small Business Administration.
- Shortchanged Sandy victims seeing some cash 3 years later Updated: Oct-28-15 11:53 am
NEW YORK - Many people who complained a federal insurance program shortchanged them after Superstorm Sandy swamped their homes are getting some validation three years later in the form of cash.