- Official: $2M in chemical spill costs reimbursable Updated: Apr-16-14 4:23 pm
- Detroit leaders launch grants for small businesses Updated: Apr-16-14 12:16 pm
- Raimondo unveils plan to help small businesses Updated: Apr-14-14 1:19 pm
- McNeese offers small business seminar Updated: Apr-12-14 9:04 am
- Syracuse University gets $3 million grant from SBA Updated: Apr-10-14 3:06 am
- Small businesses in limbo again on tax breaks Updated: Apr-09-14 11:34 am
- Alabama governor signs crowd funding law Updated: Apr-08-14 6:11 pm
- Hawaii Medical Service Association seeks increase Updated: Apr-08-14 3:22 pm
- Experts: Texas lags in venture capital investment Updated: Apr-03-14 3:34 pm
- Making it big slippery slope for crowd-funded cos. Updated: Apr-02-14 12:21 pm
- Colorado scientists, entrepreneur seek crowd funds Updated: Mar-24-14 7:22 pm
- Much to do when Alabama Legislature returns Updated: Mar-22-14 11:38 am
- Not guilty pleas in Little League theft case Updated: Mar-21-14 7:11 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Public agencies and nonprofits that helped after a Jan. 9 chemical leak into the water supply could receive $2 million in reimbursements for their emergency work, a West Virginia homeland security official said.
DETROIT - Detroit government, development and philanthropic leaders launched a grant program Wednesday intended to help boost small businesses in the city and the two communities it surrounds.
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Gina Raimondo unveiled a plan Monday to help small businesses in Rhode Island that would eliminate what she calls "regulatory rigmarole" and encourage startups.
MOSS BLUFF, Louisiana - A free seminar on starting and financing a small business will be offered April 29 by the Louisiana Small Business Development Center at McNeese State University.
SYRACUSE, New York - The Small Business Administration is giving a $3 million grant to Syracuse University's Institute for Veterans and Military Families.
NEW YORK - Small businesses are in limbo as they wait for Congress to make decisions that could save them a lot of money.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabamians are being given a new way to raise money to start small businesses.
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Medical Service Association is asking the state to approve a 12.8 percent rate hike on its health insurance plans for most small business workers.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas is not getting its share of venture capital investment, but experts disagreed Thursday on how to remedy the problem.
NEW YORK - When Oliver Housknecht gave virtual reality headset maker Oculus VR $25 through crowdfunding website Kickstarter two years ago, he wanted to help a startup grow into a larger, independent company. Instead, Oculus became part of one.
DENVER - An entrepreneur with a "fishy" idea for making beef healthier is turning to crowd-sourcing to pay for research at Colorado State University.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - When Alabama legislators return from spring break on April 1, they will have plenty to do and only three days left to do it.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The former president of a Madison Little League has pleaded not guilty to stealing more than $200,000 from the baseball organization.