- Turkish President Erdogan in Beijing amid ethnic tensions Updated: Jul-29-15 9:01 am
BEIJING - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan met with top Chinese officials Wednesday amid tensions over China's treatment of its Uighur minority and sensitive negotiations surrounding the possible purchase of a Chinese missile system.
- Kyrgyz president fumes over award to jailed journalist Updated: Jul-27-15 7:32 am
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - The president of Kyrgyzstan on Monday lambasted the United States for honoring a jailed Kyrgyz journalist.
- Rights group: South Sudan troops committed war crimes Updated: Jul-22-15 9:25 am
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudanese troops committed war crimes and possibly crimes against humanity by killing and raping civilians during an offensive in rebel-held parts of the country's Unity State, an international human rights group said Wednesday.
- 22 die in clashes in Algeria, president orders crackdown Updated: Jul-08-15 4:24 pm
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika issued an emergency plan on Wednesday to crack down on mounting ethnic unrest around the country's southern oasis city of Ghardaia, which has left at least 22 people dead in the past two days.
- South Sudan rebel leader calls on president to resign Updated: Jul-08-15 9:46 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - A South Sudan rebel leader Wednesday called on President Salva Kiir to resign along with all ministers and the parliament or risk sparking a revolution.