- 'Piles and piles' of bodies in S. Sudan slaughter Updated: Apr-22-14 11:19 pm
- Myanmar rebel leader urges US role in peace talks Updated: Apr-21-14 8:54 pm
- Chinese police begin carrying guns during patrols Updated: Apr-21-14 6:07 am
- Myanmar says 22 dead in Kachin fighting this month Updated: Apr-20-14 11:07 am
- UN says 58 killed in attack on UN base in SSudan Updated: Apr-18-14 8:08 pm
- West slams Russia 'fantasy narrative' on Ukraine Updated: Apr-16-14 8:15 pm
- Rwanda genocide: Man and victim now friends Updated: Apr-06-14 10:47 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - The townsfolk believed the mosque was safe. They crammed inside as rebel forces in South Sudan took control of the town from government troops. But it wasn't safe. Robbers grabbed their cash and mobile phones. Then gunmen came and opened fire on everyone, young and old.
WASHINGTON - A leader of ethnic Kachin rebels fighting Myanmar government forces is urging U.S. involvement in peace talks to quell decades of conflict in the country's lawless border regions.
SHANGHAI - A quarter of the police in Shanghai began carrying guns during routine patrols for the first time this week as part of a China-wide boost in police firepower following a deadly mass knifing blamed on Xinjiang separatists.
YANGON, Myanmar - Fighting between government troops and ethnic rebels in Myanmar's northeastern state of Kachin has left at least 22 people dead this month, state-run media reported Sunday.
UNITED NATIONS - An attack on a U.N. peacekeeping base in South Sudan where some 5,000 members of an ethnic minority had sought shelter killed 58 people and injured about 100 others, a U.N. official said Friday.
UNITED NATIONS - Western countries on the U.N. Security Council on Wednesday slammed what they called Russia's "fantasy narrative" on the crisis in Ukraine after a new report on the human rights situation there.
NYAMATA, Rwanda - She lost her baby daughter and her right hand to a manic killing spree. He wielded the machete that took both.