- Long Island accused of killing uncle, burying body Updated: Mar-08-14 4:10 pm
- AP Exclusive: Counties undermine prison efforts Updated: Mar-08-14 4:04 pm
- Judge reinstates mayor removed by city council Updated: Mar-08-14 4:04 pm
- Philly judge orders online poster's name revealed Updated: Mar-08-14 3:56 pm
- Martial arts teacher gets 90 years for sex abuse Updated: Mar-08-14 3:41 pm
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested Updated: Mar-08-14 3:21 pm
- Woman sues SMU after alleged rapist is acquitted Updated: Mar-08-14 2:58 pm
- Judge orders sale of convicted evangelist's church Updated: Mar-08-14 2:58 pm
- Kansas woman seeks leniency for fake goods sales Updated: Mar-08-14 2:43 pm
- Ex-Trenton mayor wants his conviction dismissed Updated: Mar-08-14 2:31 pm
- Woman sentenced to 40 years in child abuse case Updated: Mar-08-14 2:23 pm
- 3 lawyers hired to defend Rutherford in lawsuit Updated: Mar-08-14 2:19 pm
- Man pleads guilty to sea cucumber smuggling charge Updated: Mar-08-14 1:49 pm
- At 50, landmark libel case relevant in digital age Updated: Mar-08-14 1:46 pm
- Woman who beat boyfriend with table leg sentenced Updated: Mar-08-14 1:32 pm
- Court: Reprimand 'insufficient' for tardy judge Updated: Mar-08-14 1:25 pm
- Man gets 28-year sentence for raping 2 young girls Updated: Mar-08-14 1:06 pm
- State settles with parents of slain prison officer Updated: Mar-08-14 11:58 am
- Va. developer, state board member sued by US Updated: Mar-08-14 11:40 am
- C. Ind. man gets 40 years in dad's fatal stabbing Updated: Mar-08-14 11:32 am
- Va. council member sued for social media post Updated: Mar-08-14 11:28 am
- Former DeSoto County inmate files federal lawsuit Updated: Mar-08-14 11:17 am
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge Updated: Mar-08-14 10:52 am
- Albany man sentenced for killing estranged wife Updated: Mar-08-14 10:44 am
- Tenn man's trial on murder charge delayed Updated: Mar-08-14 10:41 am
HEMPSTEAD, New York - A Long Island man was arraigned Saturday on charges he strangled his 71-year-old uncle and buried his body in the woods.
SACRAMENTO, California - California counties are confounding the state's court-ordered efforts to sharply reduce its inmate population by sending state prisons far more convicts than anticipated, including a record number of people with second felony convictions.
LANCASTER, Kentucky - The mayor of a central Kentucky city has been reinstated to office by a judge who found the city council lacked evidence of misconduct to justify her removal.
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia judge has ordered the owner of philly.com, The Philadelphia Inquirer and the Philadelphia Daily News to reveal the name of a person who's being sued over a comment posted online.
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - A martial arts instructor from southwestern Illinois has been sentenced to 90 years in prison for sexually abusing three young students.
FRESNO, California - The career criminal whose participation in a notorious murder spurred California's so-called three strikes law has been arrested again.
DALLAS - A Southern Methodist University student who says she was raped in a campus dorm has sued both the school and the man she accused, seeking damages of more than $1 million.
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - A federal judge has again ordered the sale of convicted evangelist Tony Alamo's church and gym in Fort Smith in order to partially satisfy a $30 million civil judgment owed by Alamo.
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita business owner has asked a federal court to spare her from serving prison time for trafficking in counterfeit luxury items, arguing publicity the case has received serves as a deterrent to future criminal conduct.
TRENTON, New Jersey - The former mayor of New Jersey's capital city has asked a federal judge to throw out his conviction on corruption charges and grant him a new trial.
TITUSVILLE, Florida - A Titusville woman has been sentenced to 40 years in prison after being convicted of nearly starving to death a child under her watch.
CHICAGO - The state will pay three attorneys up to $200 per hour to represent Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford (ROOTH'-ur-furd) in a lawsuit filed by a former employee.
SAN DIEGO - Federal prosecutors in San Diego say a man has pleaded guilty to charges he smuggled 100 pounds of dried sea cucumber into the United States from Mexico.
WASHINGTON - Singer Courtney Love hadn't been born and tweeting was reserved for birds when The New York Times won a landmark libel case at the Supreme Court in 1964.
VAIL, Colorado - A 28-year-old Bond woman who acknowledged trying to beat her boyfriend to death with a table leg has been sentenced to 12 years in prison.
DETROIT - The Michigan Supreme Court has rejected a public reprimand as too light a punishment for a Wayne County judge who admits she reported to work after 10 a.m. during an entire week while lawyers and others were waiting in her courtroom.
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A man for who entered an unlocked northern New Jersey home and raped two young girls in their bedrooms has been sentenced to 28 years in state prison.
MONROE, Washington - The state Attorney General's office reports the state has settled a lawsuit with the parents of slain Monroe corrections officer Jayme Biendl.
ROANOKE, Virginia - A Radford real estate developer who is also a member of a state board has been accused by the U.S. Labor Department of diverting funds from his company's pension plan.
GREENCASTLE, Indiana - A 22-year-old central Indiana man who pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in the stabbing death of his father has been sentenced to 35 years in prison.
COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Virginia - A former candidate for Hopewell sheriff has filed a lawsuit against a member of the City Council, claiming she defamed her when she linked her to a hate group.
FORT MYERS, Florida - A Former DeSoto County inmate has filed a $3.5 million federal lawsuit against his former jailers, alleging his civil rights were violated by a series of beatings he endured while in their custody last year.
ORLANDO, Florida - A pregnant South Carolina woman pointed to the ocean, locked the doors and rolled up the windows, telling her three children she was "trying to take them to a better place" as she drove her minivan into the surf, authorities said.
ALBANY, New York - Prosecutors say an Albany man has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for stabbing his estranged wife to death.
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - A Tennessee man facing a charge of first-degree murder in the death of his wife won't face a jury until at least this summer after a judge delayed the proceedings.