- Former teacher pleads guilty to child rape charges Updated: Sep-02-15 7:01 am
TAUNTON, Massachusetts - A former eighth-grade teacher has pleaded guilty to having sex with two 14-year-old students.
- January trial set for suspect in Minot homicide a year ago Updated: Sep-02-15 6:58 am
MINOT, North Dakota - A man accused in a homicide in Minot a year ago is scheduled to stand trial in January.
- Man pleads guilty in deadly New Brunswick hit-and-run Updated: Sep-02-15 6:46 am
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - A New Brunswick man charged with murder in another case has pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide in a hit-and-run accident that killed a man on a bicycle.
- Bristol attorney receives 4-month sentence for wire fraud Updated: Sep-02-15 6:35 am
ABINGDON, Virginia - A Bristol bankruptcy attorney who pleaded guilty to wire fraud will serve four months in a federal prison.
- Lawsuit filed in Taser death of mentally ill man in Albany Updated: Sep-02-15 6:25 am
ALBANY, New York - The family of a mentally ill man who died after Albany police subdued him with a stun gun has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the city and the three police officers involved in the fatal confrontation last April.
- Wrongly convicted brothers could get $750,000 payout Updated: Sep-02-15 6:16 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two North Carolina brothers could each receive hundreds of thousands of dollars from the state, three decades after wrongful convictions in the killing an 11-year-old girl landed one on death row and the other in prison for a life sentence.
- Jackley joins other AGs in opposing weapons ban in Illinois Updated: Sep-02-15 6:08 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Marty Jackley has joined 23 other attorneys general in petitioning the U.S. Supreme Court to rule against a weapons ban in Illinois.
- Louisiana arguing to keep 'Angola Three' inmate locked up Updated: Sep-02-15 6:05 am
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana attorneys are set to ask a federal appeals court Wednesday to block the release of longtime state inmate Albert Woodfox and allow prosecutors to try him a third time in the 1972 death of a prison guard.
- Topeka man pleads guilty to sexual battery charges Updated: Sep-02-15 5:59 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A 23-year-old Topeka man has pleaded guilty to two counts of attempted aggravated sexual battery and a county of domestic battery.
- Congo warlord Bosco Ntaganda goes on trial at ICC Updated: Sep-02-15 5:59 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A Congo militia leader known as The Terminator pleaded innocent Wednesday to 18 charges, including murder, rape and sexual slavery, as his long-awaited trial started at the International Criminal Court.
- Jury finds Binghamton man guilty in 2013 robbery, murder Updated: Sep-02-15 5:59 am
BINGHAMTON, New York - A 42-year-old man has been convicted in the June 2013 robbery and murder of an alleged Binghamton drug dealer.
- Plano man gets 17 years in prison in fake Disney park case Updated: Sep-02-15 5:53 am
SHERMAN, Texas - A judge in Sherman has sentenced a man to 17 ½ years in prison for swindling investors with a fake story about a Walt Disney theme park in North Texas.
- Grand jury indicts high number as habitual offenders Updated: Sep-02-15 5:43 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - A Harrison County grand jury has indicted a high number of defendants as habitual offenders and recommended others qualify for enhanced penalties if convicted.
- Plea ends former police chief's case in death of black man Updated: Sep-02-15 5:37 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The family of an unarmed black man shot to death by a white former police chief of a small South Carolina town reluctantly accepted a plea deal on a lesser charge that will give him a year of home detention, but no prison time.
- Alaska Supreme Court to hear school funding lawsuit soon Updated: Sep-02-15 5:34 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Attorneys for both the state of Alaska and the Ketchikan Gateway Borough are preparing to make their cases on education funding before the Alaska Supreme Court this month.
- Casper woman sentenced to up to 3 years for knife attack Updated: Sep-02-15 5:32 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Casper woman has been sentenced to up to three years in prison for attacking her boyfriend with a knife in June 2014.
- Woman convicted after falcon's death denied new trial Updated: Sep-02-15 5:25 am
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A Kootenai County District Court judge has ruled that a woman who was found guilty in connection to the death of a hunter's falcon will not have her misdemeanor conviction dismissed, nor will she have to pay restitution.
- Contractor gets 10 years for exploiting vulnerable person Updated: Sep-02-15 5:20 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - An Ocean Springs contractor gets prison time after pleading guilty to felony exploitation of a vulnerable person.
- Parents of man who died at party in Grants sue city police Updated: Sep-02-15 5:05 am
GRANTS, New Mexico - The parents of a man who was fatally beaten at a 2012 house party in Grants have filed a lawsuit against the city's police department.
- Kickapoo in Kansas expands legal complaint Updated: Sep-02-15 5:05 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kickapoo Tribe has expanded a legal complaint against its former chairman to include a former treasurer.
- Man gets 9 years for stabbing at Gila River Indian Community Updated: Sep-02-15 5:04 am
PHOENIX - A man has been sentenced to nine years in federal prison for stabbing a man at a home on the Gila River Indian Community in early 2014.
- Woman to be sentenced in alleged texting-while-driving death Updated: Sep-02-15 5:02 am
ST. GEORGE, Utah - A 52-year-old St. George woman accused of causing a fatal accident by texting and driving is set to be sentenced Wednesday.
- Opening statements near in trial of Alabama officer Updated: Sep-02-15 4:52 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Opening statements are near in the trial of an Alabama police officer accused of manhandling an Indian grandfather earlier this year.
- NYPD officer sues city over career-threatening knee injury Updated: Sep-02-15 4:52 am
NEW YORK - A New York City police officer is suing the city after he suffered a career-threatening knee injury on-duty in a NYPD van last year.
- Woman pleads to defrauding investors of $1.27 million Updated: Sep-02-15 4:19 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A Lafayette woman has pleaded guilty to defrauding investors out of more than $1.27 million.