- Wichita man ordered to pay back $165,000 to investors Updated: Nov-25-15 5:16 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita man has been ordered to pay back more than $165,000 in funds he took from investors.
- Birmingham man sentenced for pharmacy robberies Updated: Nov-25-15 5:04 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A Birmingham man has been sentenced to nearly 22 years in prison for two armed robberies of pharmacies.
- Rochester man asks judge to throw out murder conviction Updated: Nov-25-15 5:01 am
DOVER, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire man who was found guilty of first-degree murder in the stabbing death of an 18-year-old is asking a judge to throw out his conviction.
- Endangered bat, cacti subjects of new federal lawsuit Updated: Nov-25-15 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Agricultural groups in New Mexico and Texas want two cacti and a rare bat thrown off the federal endangered species list.
- Man who pleaded guilty in fatal crash says car had a defect Updated: Nov-25-15 4:58 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A man who admitted to causing a fatal car crash that killed his girlfriend says a defect in the car was partially responsible.
- Jury convicts Boston man of smuggling drugs into Maine Updated: Nov-25-15 4:56 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Boston man who was caught smuggling heroin and cocaine into Maine last year has been found guilty of a drug charge.
- Woman found guilty of murder in shooting death of girlfriend Updated: Nov-25-15 4:48 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Johnston woman has been found guilty of murder in the shooting death of her girlfriend in Providence.
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed in fireworks factory explosion Updated: Nov-25-15 4:46 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - The family of a woman who was killed in an explosion at the Ultratec pyrotechnics factory has filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Man gets prison time in 2014 crash that killed friend Updated: Nov-25-15 4:43 am
RIVERHEAD, New York - A Long Island man is heading to prison after admitting to being behind the wheel of a speeding car that flipped, killing his friend last year.
- Man gets 16 years for sexually assaulting a woman he knew Updated: Nov-25-15 4:31 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Springfield man will spend 16 years in prison for sexually assaulting a woman three years ago.
- Booneville woman pleads guilty to wire fraud Updated: Nov-25-15 4:05 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - A Booneville woman could spend 20 years in federal prison after admitting she took nearly a quarter million dollars from a Booneville plant.
- Teen arraigned on felony charges in stepmother's death Updated: Nov-25-15 4:02 am
BURLEY, Idaho - A trial has been set for an Idaho teenager charged with felony accessory to murder and concealing or destroying evidence in the death of his stepmother.
- Sentencing delayed for man charged in Hitching Post fire Updated: Nov-25-15 4:02 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The sentencing for a New Jersey man charged in a 2010 arson fire that destroyed the landmark Hitching Post Inn in Cheyenne has been postponed.
- 3 sentenced in synthetic drug scheme Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The U.S. attorney's office in New Hampshire says three men involved in a scheme that distributed more than 1,000 kilograms of illegal synthetic marijuana products have been sentenced to prison.
- Sacaton man sentenced to 12 years in prison for assault Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
PHOENIX - A Sacaton man was sentenced to 12 years in federal prison for his assault conviction for punching another man and slashing his face with a knife during a fight.
- Former church secretary pleads guilty to wire fraud Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - A former secretary at a south-central Kentucky church has pleaded guilty to federal wire fraud charges.
- Suburban Chicago teacher sentenced for child pornography Updated: Nov-25-15 3:31 am
WAUKEGAN, Illinois - A former suburban Chicago substitute teacher has been sentenced to 49 months in prison for possession of child pornography.
- Gambling to feature at New York daily fantasy sports hearing Updated: Nov-25-15 3:04 am
NEW YORK - A judge is expected to hear different interpretations of how the country's two biggest daily fantasy sports companies operate at a hearing Wednesday on whether the businesses should be allowed to continue operating in New York.
- Family sues PETA for $9.7M, says workers euthanized pet Updated: Nov-25-15 3:02 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A family is suing PETA for $9.7 million after they say workers from the organization euthanized their Chihuahua.
- Man from Jamaica pleads guilty to lottery scam in WV court Updated: Nov-25-15 3:01 am
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - A man from Jamaica has pleaded guilty in West Virginia federal court to conspiring to scam U.S. citizens through an international lottery scheme.
- Minnesota man pleads guilty to robbing Fargo bank in April Updated: Nov-25-15 2:31 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A Minnesota man has pleaded guilty in federal court to robbing a Fargo bank in April.
- The Latest: Hundreds remain at Minneapolis protest site Updated: Nov-25-15 12:30 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local):
- Man convicted of 2nd-degree murder for Gillette shooting Updated: Nov-24-15 11:51 pm
GILLETTE, Wyoming - A jury has convicted a man of second-degree murder for a shooting in Gillette on Thanksgiving Day.
- Juror rebels at NY Assembly speaker's trial Updated: Nov-24-15 11:19 pm
NEW YORK - Deliberations in the corruption trial of ex-New York Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver began with drama on Tuesday when a juror wrote a note saying she wanted off the case because she was at odds with other jurors and, after the day ended without a verdict, asked in a second note to meet privately with the judge.
- Cable TV hunting show hosts pleads guilty in poaching case Updated: Nov-24-15 9:52 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The host of a cable TV hunting show has pleaded guilty as part of an investigation into poaching on a remote national preserve in Alaska.