- Lawmaker can no longer say he hasn't met transgender person Updated: Oct-09-15 8:55 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Last month, after Rep. Carl Wilson announced he will introduce a bill to ban transgender teenagers from having sex reassignment surgery, the Grants Pass legislator admitted he had not yet knowingly met a transgender person.
- Dogs, like people, need surgery to repair cleft palates Updated: Oct-07-15 1:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dogs, like people, can be born with cleft palates. Some die from pneumonia or malnourishment. Some with the defect, which is basically a hole in the mouth, are euthanized.
- New Jersey top court justice to miss court after eye surgery Updated: Oct-01-15 3:26 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A justice on New Jersey's state Supreme Court is expected to miss oral arguments for the next few months after undergoing eye surgery.
- Burned as baby, woman finally meets nurse who cared for her Updated: Sep-29-15 5:20 pm
ALBANY, New York - For 38 years, a few black-and-white photographs of a nurse cradling a baby provided comfort to a woman who suffered terrible burns and endured years of playground taunts and painful surgeries thereafter. For all that time, until Tuesday, she dreamed of meeting her again.
- Kurt Busch crew chief in New Hampshire after appendectomy Updated: Sep-25-15 3:48 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Tony Gibson started working with Jimmie Johnson's trainer in July to get fit headed into the heart of the NASCAR season.
- A.J. Foyt gets artificial knee after staph infection Updated: Sep-24-15 6:23 pm
WALLER, Texas - A.J. Foyt has had knee replacement surgery in his right leg.
- Minneapolis VA to resume surgeries Friday Updated: Sep-24-15 4:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minneapolis VA Medical Center says it plans to resume surgeries Friday.
- North Carolina lawmaker returns to House after heart surgery Updated: Sep-22-15 1:56 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Charlotte representative is back at work in the North Carolina House nearly seven weeks after heart surgery.
- Sandra Lee says she is cancer free after double mastectomy Updated: Sep-22-15 10:32 am
ALBANY, New York - Celebrity chef Sandra Lee says she is cancer free and feeling good months after a double mastectomy.
- FDA experts to review safety of Essure birth control implant Updated: Sep-21-15 5:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal medical experts will take a closer look at a host of problems reported with the birth control implant called Essure, including chronic pain, bleeding, headaches and allergic reactions.
- Yacolt girl battles brain tumor Updated: Sep-13-15 6:15 am
VANCOUVER, Washington - Macey Bodily is a sweet, easygoing 7-year-old who loves to swim in the family pool and get manicures.
- Jerry Jones has 2nd hip replacement, plans to attend opener Updated: Sep-10-15 10:47 pm
IRVING, Texas - Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has undergone his second hip replacement surgery and expects to attend the season opener at home Sunday against the New York Giants.