- Hawaiian monk seal gets eye removed in surgery Updated: Mar-07-14 5:37 pm
- Study: Surgery helps some prostate cancer patients Updated: Mar-05-14 5:07 pm
- Rep. Holland returns to Miss. House after surgery Updated: Mar-05-14 12:17 pm
- Corbett says hernia surgery recovery going well Updated: Mar-04-14 11:57 am
- Jury clears Iowa doctors in death after surgery Updated: Mar-02-14 1:52 pm
- Dubuque doctor marks 25,000 surgical procedures Updated: Mar-02-14 11:50 am
- Kuwait's ruler undergoes surgery in United States Updated: Mar-02-14 9:52 am
- DC orders insurers to cover sex-change surgery Updated: Feb-27-14 12:29 pm
- Pa. governor to undergo hernia surgery Thursday Updated: Feb-27-14 2:25 am
- Surgery recovery keeps Dayton from Minn. Capitol Updated: Feb-25-14 4:55 pm
- Ovary removal aids high-risk women but at what age Updated: Feb-24-14 4:08 pm
- Bypass surgery spurs life changes Updated: Feb-23-14 9:25 am
- Child's doctors use 3-D heart copy to aid surgery Updated: Feb-22-14 5:26 pm
- Plushenko to have back surgery in March Updated: Feb-22-14 8:51 am
- Mom: Hopeful signs seen in teen called brain dead Updated: Feb-20-14 9:01 pm
- Alex Ovechkin's father recovering from surgery Updated: Feb-20-14 3:25 pm
- Mom of California teen called 'brain dead' speaks Updated: Feb-19-14 9:16 pm
- Hastings program helps kids understand health care Updated: Feb-16-14 3:10 pm
- Hank Aaron has partial hip replacement surgery Updated: Feb-15-14 11:27 am
- Scar tissue from surgeries threatens woman's life Updated: Feb-15-14 12:01 am
- Arizona congressman has hip-replacement surgery Updated: Feb-14-14 3:59 pm
- Dayton back home after Mayo Clinic hip surgery Updated: Feb-14-14 3:04 pm
- Few eligible patients can get weight loss surgery Updated: Feb-14-14 10:30 am
- Worker hit by bobsled is stable after surgery Updated: Feb-14-14 3:52 am
- Former VP Mondale undergoes heart surgery Updated: Feb-12-14 6:20 pm
HONOLULU - Veterinarians have removed the infected eye of a young, underweight Hawaiian monk seal during surgery at the Honolulu Zoo.
Surgery to remove the prostate saves lives compared to "watchful waiting" for some men whose cancers were found because they were causing symptoms, long-term results from a Scandinavian study suggest.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A longtime Mississippi lawmaker is back at work in the House of Representatives.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he's feeling "great" five days after undergoing surgery to repair an abdominal hernia.
WATERLOO, Iowa - Two Iowa doctors have been cleared in a lawsuit over the death of a University of Northern Iowa professor shortly after he had hernia surgery.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A couple of years ago, Dr. David Field's staff wanted to throw him a party to mark his landmark 20,000th surgical procedure.
KUWAIT CITY - The office of Kuwait's ruling emir says the oil-rich nation's leader has undergone surgery following routine medical tests in the United States.
WASHINGTON - Insurance companies in the District of Columbia have been ordered to stop denying coverage to transgender residents seeking gender-reassignment surgery.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett is turning over the reins of power briefly to undergo hernia surgery in a Pittsburgh hospital.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he'll be working from home for a couple more weeks as he recovers from a recent hip surgery.
WASHINGTON - For women who carry a notorious cancer gene, surgery to remove healthy ovaries is one of the most protective steps they can take. New research suggests some may benefit most from having the operation as young as 35.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A week after Brad Moody considered seeing a doctor for some off-and-on shortness of breath issues, he was in the hospital having quadruple bypass surgery to repair blockages in his heart.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Doctors operating on a 14-month-old child with heart defects studied a 3-D replica of the child's heart to aid the successful surgery.
SOCHI, Russia - Four-time Olympic medalist Evgeni Plushenko will have back surgery on March 2.
SAN FRANCISCO - The mother of a 13-year-old California girl who was declared brain dead after suffering complications from sleep apnea surgery said she has seen changes in her daughter's condition that give her hope.
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Russia's stunning elimination from the Olympic hockey tournament was followed by somber family news for Alex Ovechkin, whose father is recovering from heart surgery after falling ill in Sochi.
OAKLAND, California - The mother of a 13-year-old California girl who was declared brain dead after suffering complications from sleep apnea surgery is speaking out several weeks after taking her daughter out of a hospital.
HASTINGS, Nebraska - She wore a hospital gown. The wrist bracelet had her name and birth date. A blood pressure cuff clung to her arm. A clip on her finger monitored her oxygen intake. Another monitor measured her heart rate.
ATLANTA - Hall of Famer Hank Aaron is recovering from a partial left hip replacement.
MORGANTOWN, Indiana - Even the slightest movement is cause for concern.
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Congressman Paul Gosar has undergone successful hip-replacement surgery.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton has checked out of Mayo Clinic after hip surgery.
WASHINGTON - Like 78 million other Americans, MaryJane Harrison is obese.
SOCHI, Russia - The Russian ice worker struck by a speeding bobsled was conscious and in stable condition Friday after undergoing surgery on two broken legs, Olympic organizers said.
MINNEAPOLIS - Former Vice President Walter Mondale underwent heart surgery Wednesday, his family announced.