- Study: Tiny, wireless pacemaker could be surgery-free option Updated: Aug-30-15 7:47 am
LONDON - A tiny, wireless pacemaker could offer some heart patients a surgery-free alternative to the traditional devices, a new study says. Some doctors, however, say there are lingering safety questions and warned patients not to rush to get the new technology.
- New hospital in Jordan treats worst of Mideast's war-wounded Updated: Aug-27-15 4:34 am
AMMAN, Jordan - They are among the most tragically wounded from the Middle East's multiple wars. A 14-year-old Syrian girl whose lower legs were torn off by a shell. A 15-year-old Iraqi boy who was severely burned in a car bomb explosion.
- Former New Hampshire governor recovers from surgery Updated: Aug-24-15 10:35 am
HAMPTON FALLS, New Hampshire - Former New Hampshire Gov. John H. Sununu is recovering after quadruple bypass surgery.
- Injured firefighter undergoes surgery Updated: Aug-21-15 5:22 pm
SEATTLE - One of the firefighters injured while battling a blaze in north-central Washington underwent his first surgery but remains in critical condition.
- Doctor fined for mistaken hysterectomy on pregnant woman Updated: Aug-19-15 8:31 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - A Connecticut gynecologist has been fined $5,000 for mistakenly performing a hysterectomy on a patient he didn't know was pregnant.
- US Sen. Heitkamp recovering from hip replacement surgery Updated: Aug-19-15 2:07 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp is recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- Pence back at governor's residence after follow-up surgery Updated: Aug-18-15 3:49 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence's office says he's resting at the governor's residence after undergoing outpatient surgery to address complications from a hernia repair last week.
- Tucson woman gets prison for liposuction without license Updated: Aug-10-15 8:49 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A Tucson woman has been sentenced to seven years in prison for her role in performing liposuction and other surgical procedures without a medical license.
- Pitt G Josh Newkirk to transfer after knee surgery Updated: Aug-09-15 7:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh guard Josh Newkirk will transfer closer to his home in North Carolina while continuing to rehab from surgery on his left knee.
- Chicago moving to allow coverage of sex change surgery Updated: Aug-06-15 3:17 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced plans on Wednesday to allow sex reassignment surgery for the city's employees as part of their health benefits package.