- Dad: Youngster shot on bicycle recovering after surgery Updated: May-25-15 3:49 pm
BOSTON - The father of a Brockton youngster who was shot while riding his bicycle says his son has undergone surgery and is recovering.
- Controversial change at Wilmington VA hospital reversed Updated: May-23-15 1:42 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A controversial downgrade of surgical capability at the Wilmington Veterans Affairs hospital has been reversed.
- Appeals court delays transgender California inmate's surgery Updated: May-21-15 9:12 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A federal appeals court delayed sex reassignment surgery for a transgender prison inmate in California on Thursday, hours after a state panel recommended that she be paroled.
- Grand Junction VA suspends abdominal surgeries Updated: May-21-15 9:41 am
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - The Grand Junction Veterans Affairs Medical Center has discontinued many surgeries at the facility after some procedures resulted in unwanted outcomes.
- Syracuse surgeon fined $10K for slapping sleeping patients Updated: May-20-15 1:56 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - A prominent orthopedic surgeon has been fined $10,000, placed on probation for three years and ordered to get psychiatric therapy for slapping anesthetized patients on the buttocks and insulting them before surgery.
- New Jersey radio host misses show for 1st time in 56 years Updated: May-20-15 9:20 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A New Jersey radio host has missed his show for the first time in 56 years.
- Jason Chaffetz to undergo gallbladder surgery in Utah Updated: May-19-15 1:38 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A spokeswoman for Congressman Jason Chaffetz says he will return to Utah Tuesday to undergo gallbladder surgery.
- Scottsville woman with cancer believes prayer saved her life Updated: May-16-15 2:36 pm
SCOTTSVILLE, Kentucky - Diane Johnson believes prayer healed her from stage IV throat cancer.
- Cardiologists, veterinarian work together to fix cat's heart Updated: May-15-15 1:53 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A California cat named Vanilla Bean with a congenital heart defect got a rare chance at another life.
- Delaware County Sheriff Scroggins dies week after surgery Updated: May-15-15 12:47 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - A central Indiana sheriff has died a week after having shoulder surgery.
- Rockies manager Weiss has appendectomy Updated: May-14-15 1:38 am
ANAHEIM, California - Colorado Rockies manager Walt Weiss had an appendectomy Wednesday night following two days of stomach discomfort.
- Former Toronto Mayor Ford undergoes surgery to remove tumor Updated: May-11-15 10:13 pm
TORONTO - Doctors have removed a cancerous tumor from former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's abdomen and he has regained consciousness after an intensive surgery that kept him under anesthesia for about 10 hours, his chief of staff said late Monday.
- From 1 crib to 2: Conjoined twin boys separated at 5 months Updated: May-11-15 6:14 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - For the first time in their 5-month-old lives, conjoined twins Carter and Conner squirmed in separate cribs.
- Montana turtle saved from swallowed fishhook in Washington Updated: May-08-15 6:14 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A little turtle had to make a big trip after a fishhook landed him in the Washington State University Veterinary Hospital.
- Ohioan who fell off table amid surgery settles with hospital Updated: May-08-15 3:07 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A southwest Ohio woman who fell off an operating table during surgery will get $50,000 in a settlement with the hospital.
- Brazil hospital says Pele recovering from prostate surgery Updated: May-07-15 10:51 pm
SAO PAULO - Pele is recovering from prostate surgery in a Sao Paulo hospital.
- Serb far-right leader underwent surgery, his party says Updated: May-07-15 8:19 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - A Serbian far-right party says its leader Vojislav Seselj has undergone surgery, defying orders to return to a U.N. war crimes tribunal that released him temporarily for health reasons.
- US sues NY plastic surgery practice, alleging discrimination Updated: May-06-15 6:16 pm
NEW YORK - A federal prosecutor has sued a cosmetic surgery practice with offices in Manhattan and on Long Island, saying it discriminates against prospective customers with HIV.
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer undergoes appendectomy Updated: May-06-15 1:06 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State coach Urban Meyer has been sidelined with an appendectomy.
- Aetna curtails coverage of surgical tool tied to cancer risk Updated: May-05-15 1:49 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The health insurer Aetna is ending most coverage of hysterectomies performed with a once-popular device that has drawn warnings from federal regulators over a risk for spreading cancer.
- Supreme Court rejects inmate's appeal for sex-change surgery Updated: May-04-15 4:05 pm
BOSTON - A nearly two-decade legal fight by a convicted murderer in Massachusetts to get taxpayer-funded sex-reassignment surgery ended in failure Monday when the U.S. Supreme Court rejected her final appeal.
- Amid title joy, Mourinho concerned for dad after surgery Updated: May-03-15 1:09 pm
LONDON - Jose Mourinho's joy over winning the Premier League was tempered by concerns over his father's health.
- Mohave deputies arrest suspect in botched Las Vegas surgery Updated: May-01-15 9:40 am
KINGMAN, Arizona - A Las Vegas man is facing a homicide charge after being arrested in Chloride on a fugitive from justice warrant related to a botched plastic surgery that led to a woman's death.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar briefly examined at LA hospital Updated: Apr-29-15 10:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar briefly returned to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center on Wednesday, two weeks after the 68-year-old NBA career scoring leader had quadruple coronary bypass surgery.