- Denver VA hospital curtails some surgeries for maintenance Updated: Jul-02-15 6:54 pm
DENVER - The Denver VA Medical Center says it will delay some surgeries and send others to outside hospitals while maintenance is performed on operating room equipment next week.
- US Sen. Heitkamp to have hip replacement surgery next month Updated: Jul-02-15 11:38 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp is scheduled for hip replacement surgery next month.
- Mexico president leaves hospital after gallbladder surgery Updated: Jun-28-15 2:29 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto left the hospital on Sunday after undergoing surgery to remove his gallbladder.
- Connecticut boy becomes youngest competitor in NASCAR race Updated: Jun-27-15 1:08 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - After all his painstaking anticipation, it was going to take a lot more than a last-place finish to detract from the exhilaration that North End Middle School eighth-grader Jake "Wild Child" Higginson felt after becoming the youngest competitor ever in a NASCAR-sanctioned race at Stafford Motor Speedway.
- Jail for CEO of that sold surgery tool without FDA OK Updated: Jun-26-15 4:14 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The former chief executive of a medical device company that admitted to distributing knee replacement surgery tools using a marketing plan rejected by the Food and Drug Administration will go to jail.
- 12-year-old girl undergoes surgeries following shark attack Updated: Jun-26-15 4:05 am
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - A 12-year-old girl who was one of two people injured in separate shark attacks in the same North Carolina town has begun a series of surgeries as part of her recovery.
- Connecticut surgery centers worried about tax proposal Updated: Jun-24-15 5:19 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Operators of surgery centers across Connecticut are working to persuade state lawmakers to scrap a new tax in the Democratic budget they claim will prompt some facilities to close.
- Governors who have dealt with illness or serious injury Updated: Jun-23-15 5:33 pm
Below is a list of some governors, like Maryland's Larry Hogan, who experienced illness or injury while in office:
- Nickelback cancels tour, lead singer readies vocal surgery Updated: Jun-23-15 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - Nickelback is canceling its summer tour as lead singer Chad Kroeger has been diagnosed with an operable cyst on his voice box.
- Pontotoc County sheriff recovering after heart surgery Updated: Jun-22-15 12:08 pm
PONTOTOC, Mississippi - Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask is reported in good condition Monday after suffering a heart attack over the weekend.
- Florida surgeon pays $4M to resolve false Medicare billings Updated: Jun-22-15 3:53 am
MIAMI - A Florida surgeon and a plastic surgery clinic will pay $4 million to resolve allegations that Medicare was billed for procedures that were unnecessary or never occurred.
- Doctor accused of operating on wrong part of patient's brain Updated: Jun-19-15 1:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - A lawsuit filed against a St. Louis-area neurosurgeon accuses him of operating on wrong part of a patient's brain, causing permanent injuries.
- Kerry released from Boston hospital after broken-leg surgery Updated: Jun-12-15 10:13 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry was discharged from a Boston hospital on Friday, 10 days after undergoing surgery on a broken leg he sustained in a bicycle accident in France, and he declared he had not missed a tick on key foreign policy issues during his recovery.
- Rare panther struck by car dies after surgery for broken leg Updated: Jun-12-15 2:33 pm
NAPLES, Florida - An endangered Florida panther struck by a car has died after surgery to repair a broken leg.
- Madam gets 10 years after buttocks-enhancement death Updated: Jun-11-15 3:40 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A former madam who performed illegal "body sculpting" was sentenced Thursday to 10 to 20 years in prison after the death of a dancer whose heart stopped after nearly half a gallon of silicone was injected into her buttocks.
- Transgender woman files complaint over breast surgery denial Updated: Jun-11-15 6:24 am
WASHINGTON - A transgender woman has filed a complaint against Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, saying she was denied breast implant surgery because of her gender identity.
- A's RHP Jarrod Parker moves ahead from latest elbow surgery Updated: Jun-10-15 10:52 pm
OAKLAND, California - Jarrod Parker is uncertain about the protocol for his recovery from a fractured elbow following two Tommy John surgeries, and that's probably because he might just be the new case study for a pitcher who has undergone all of those operations.
- Doctors perform novel procedure to replace heart valve Updated: Jun-08-15 8:23 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Cardiologists with the Providence Heart and Vascular Institute have successfully used a novel procedure to replace a woman's damaged heart valve while she was pregnant, minimizing the risk to her and her baby.
- Transplant surgeons save children's lives in Venezuela Updated: Jun-04-15 12:19 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - Clutching a tiny Bible, Gilda Velasquez leans over her son as he falls asleep with the help of a powerful sedative and a catchy cartoon jingle playing on a hand-held TV.
- Kerry starts physical therapy after surgery on broken leg Updated: Jun-03-15 2:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry has begun physical therapy as he recovers from surgery to his broken leg but his return to work in Washington remains unclear.