- Holland has surgery on collarbone Updated: Dec-08-13 4:00 pm
- Wash. victim of botched laser surgery to get $30M Updated: Dec-07-13 9:40 pm
- Columbia VA halts surgeries again because of dust Updated: Dec-07-13 2:27 pm
- Pelicans' Davis won't need surgery on hand injury Updated: Dec-04-13 2:05 pm
- French president admits to past prostate surgery Updated: Dec-04-13 5:21 am
- Ark. doctors to perform 26 surgeries - for free Updated: Dec-01-13 1:26 pm
- Missoula brothers undergo lung transplants Updated: Nov-30-13 2:07 pm
- Crackers are mainstay after Winona woman's surgery Updated: Nov-28-13 3:17 pm
- Children's surgery unit calms with cartoons Updated: Nov-25-13 6:40 pm
- Liverpool defender Enrique undergoes knee surgery Updated: Nov-25-13 4:50 am
- Pa. woman stole parents' IDs to pay for surgery Updated: Nov-20-13 9:43 am
- J&J to pay $2.5B to settle hip replacement suits Updated: Nov-19-13 5:20 pm
- Argentine president back at work, shuffles Cabinet Updated: Nov-18-13 9:41 pm
- Seattle trauma surgeon tests Google Glass Updated: Nov-18-13 4:35 pm
- Afghan boy aided by Army recovers from surgery Updated: Nov-16-13 5:47 pm
- Jury awards $100,000 in Ore. malpractice suit Updated: Nov-16-13 4:16 pm
- Lotus says Raikkonen back surgery successful Updated: Nov-15-13 12:17 pm
- Surgery Friday for bald eagle with broken wing Updated: Nov-15-13 6:40 am
- Identical twins share breast cancer, rare surgery Updated: Nov-15-13 2:11 am
- LR surgeon, ob-gyn operate on orangutan Updated: Nov-14-13 8:40 am
- Woman disfigured by radiation to undergo surgery Updated: Nov-14-13 3:43 am
- MU study finds abuse knowledge gap among surgeons Updated: Nov-12-13 8:11 am
- Pa. hospitals report fewer heart-surgery deaths Updated: Nov-11-13 12:22 pm
- Hutson named new director at southern Illinois VA Updated: Nov-10-13 12:37 pm
VAIL, Colorado - Two-time Olympian and six-time Winter X Games snowboardcross champion Nate Holland had successful surgery for a fractured collarbone over the weekend and is expected to return to action in time to try to qualify for the Sochi Games.
WENATCHEE, Washington - A jury has recently awarded an additional $18 million to a woman whose botched surgery at a Wenatchee hospital left her unable to speak.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The operating rooms at the Department of Veterans Affairs hospital in Columbia have closed again after dust was found in the operating room.
NEW ORLEANS - Anthony Davis says he won't need surgery on his broken left hand and expects to remain as involved as possible with team activities while he heals.
PARIS - French President Francois Hollande has acknowledged having prostate surgery a year before he was elected, but his office says his health is now fine.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Next weekend, a small group of doctors will perform a marathon day of surgery at a Little Rock hospital, replacing hips and knees for more than two dozen patients who have no insurance and can't afford the procedures.
MISSOULA, Montana - For the first time since he was about 7 years old, J.D. Cross walked more than 20 feet on a recent Sunday without having to take a break or rely on an oxygen tank.
WINONA, Minnesota - Sherri Dick used to love hearty food.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A colorful mural peppered with Disney characters is helping calm young patients at an outpatient surgery center in Fairbanks.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool says defender Jose Enrique has undergone surgery on his right knee and isn't expected to be back until February.
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania woman has been sentenced to prison for stealing her parents' identities so she could fraudulently obtain $729,000 in student loans - much of which she used to pay for plastic surgery.
WASHINGTON - Johnson & Johnson says it will pay $2.5 billion to settle thousands of lawsuits brought by hip replacement patients who accuse the company of selling faulty implants that led to injuries and additional surgeries.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - President Cristina Fernandez returned to work Monday after six weeks of rest from skull surgery, and quickly remade her Cabinet with appointments suggesting she may tighten her grip on the economy and take an even harder line in Argentine debt negotiations.
SEATTLE - When Dr. Heather Evans, a trauma surgeon at Harborview Medical Center, stepped into the operating room wearing an eyeglasses-like, Internet-connected device known as Google Glass, she quickly realized its potential and its pitfalls.
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A 7-year-old Afghan boy born with his bladder outside of his body awoke from corrective surgery just in time to say goodbye to the U.S. Army officer who helped make it possible.
MEDFORD, Oregon - An Oregon gynecologist who removed a patient's healthy ovary and left a piece of plastic in her body after a 2007 robotic surgery has been ordered to pay more than $100,000.
AUSTIN, Texas - Formula One team Lotus says driver Kimi Raikkonen had successful back surgery and is recovering.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Veterinarians don't know how a bald eagle found in a Sabine Parish ditch wound up with a broken wing. But there's no evidence of a bullet wound, says Ginger Guttner, spokeswoman for the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine.
CHICAGO - Identical twins Kelly McCarthy and Kristen Maurer have shared a lot in their lives so when one was diagnosed with breast cancer, she urged the other to get tested, too.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Chiquita the orangutan is on the mend at the Little Rock Zoo after undergoing abdominal surgery.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A woman left disfigured by radiation treatments for a cancer she never had will undergo surgery in Louisville as doctors start reconstructing her face.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A University of Missouri researcher says orthopedic surgeons are not often identifying domestic violence as a possible cause of the injuries they treat.
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Patients undergoing heart surgery are faring better at Pennsylvania hospitals than they did seven years ago, according to a new report.
MARION, Illinois - A southern Illinois Veterans Affairs medical center where surgeries once were halted after a series of questioned patient deaths has a new director.