- Correction: Weight Loss-Balloon story Updated: Jul-29-15 1:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story July 28 about an inflatable medical balloon approved to treat obesity, The Associated Press reported erroneously the amount of weight patients regained after having the device removed. Patients actually regained about one-third of their lost weight.
- Jets coach Bowles had offseason knee replacement surgery Updated: Jul-28-15 3:42 pm
NEW YORK - Todd Bowles is heading into training camp with his new team - and a new knee.
- Cowboys owner Jones has hip replacement, planning another Updated: Jul-28-15 1:48 pm
IRVING, Texas - Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has undergone left hip replacement surgery. He plans to be with the team as usual when training camp starts in California this week.
- Former Indiana first lady Susan Bayh has brain tumor removed Updated: Jul-27-15 7:28 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Indiana first lady Susan Bayh underwent brain surgery Monday for removal of a benign tumor, and her husband said her prognosis for recovery is good.
- Denver VA halts some surgeries over sterilization concerns Updated: Jul-21-15 9:08 am
DENVER - Denver's Veterans Affairs hospital is holding off on complicated surgeries and shipping reusable equipment like forceps to Cheyenne for sterilization.
- Former surgery center employee convicted of computer fraud Updated: Jul-21-15 3:44 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 54-year-old former employee of a Wichita surgery center has been found guilty of computer fraud for a mass transfer of emails that included information of 317 patients.
- Pele leaves Sao Paulo hospital after back surgery Updated: Jul-20-15 4:42 pm
SAO PAULO - Pele has been released from a Brazilian hospital after successfully undergoing back surgery.
- Pele has back surgery, leaving Sao Paulo hospital next week Updated: Jul-18-15 5:03 pm
SAO PAULO - Pele has successfully undergone back surgery for nerve root decompression and his postoperative recovery is satisfactory, the Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo said on Saturday.
- Beloved walrus at Washington state zoo dies after surgery Updated: Jul-17-15 9:43 am
TACOMA, Washington - Officials at a Washington state zoo say a much-loved 33-year-old walrus has died after surgery.
- The Latest: Injuries like Bush's take 3-4 months to heal Updated: Jul-16-15 5:30 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The latest on former President George H.W. Bush, who fell at his summer home Wednesday and broke a bone in his neck (all times local):
- Indiana's Blackmon to miss rest of summer after knee surgery Updated: Jul-14-15 11:35 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana sophomore James Blackmon Jr. will miss the rest of summer workouts because of a torn meniscus in his knee.
- Correction: El Paso Hospital-Surgeries story Updated: Jul-14-15 1:13 pm
EL PASO, Texas - In a story July 12 about an El Paso hospital cancelling some surgeries, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the accreditation for University Medical Center of El Paso had been denied. The hospital instead received a notice of preliminary denial of accreditation. It could lose its accreditation if violations cited by inspectors are not corrected within 23 days.
- Sen. Bill Nelson's office says cancer surgery was successful Updated: Jul-13-15 5:50 pm
U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson's office says his surgery for prostate cancer has been a "complete success."
- Doctor helps create device used in shoulder surgeries Updated: Jul-13-15 5:42 pm
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A new medical invention that's helping shoulder surgery patients has roots in Nebraska, thanks to an orthopedic surgeon from Columbus.
- Laser eye surgery called success for New Hampshire falcon Updated: Jul-13-15 8:55 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A second round of eye surgery means a falcon in New Hampshire that had cataracts might fly again someday.
- Nepal hospital, CNN differ on reported surgery after quake Updated: Jul-10-15 5:38 pm
KATHMANDU, Nepal - A Nepal hospital said Friday that CNN medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta incorrectly reported that he operated on an 8-year-old girl after the country's devastating earthquake in April. A CNN spokeswoman said Gupta did perform surgery, and the news channel was trying to verify the patient's identity.
- Joey, of country duo Joey and Rory, undergoes surgery Updated: Jul-10-15 2:40 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Joey Feek, of the husband-and-wife country duo Joey and Rory, is recovering after surgery to treat a recurrence of cervical cancer.