- ESPN reporter Holly Rowe undergoing surgery to remove tumor Updated: Feb-02-16 2:28 pm
BRISTOL, Connecticut - ESPN reporter Holly Rowe says she is undergoing surgery to remove a tumor.
- Rookie docs can work longer flex hours safely, study finds Updated: Feb-02-16 12:17 pm
CHICAGO - Surgery patients fared just as well when junior doctors worked longer than mandated hours in the first major rigorous test of regulations many physicians say hurt medical education.
- Woman gets married at hospital after open-heart surgery Updated: Feb-02-16 2:14 am
PETOSKEY, Michigan - A woman has gotten married at a northern Michigan hospital just two days after undergoing open-heart surgery.
- Rep. Holland back at Capitol less than 2 weeks after surgery Updated: Feb-01-16 6:30 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - State Rep. Steve Holland is back at the Mississippi Capitol, less than two weeks after having surgery to repair an abdominal hernia.
- Nathan Chen to miss worlds after injuring hip in exhibition Updated: Jan-28-16 12:33 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - American teen Nathan Chen will miss the world championships after injuring his hip in an exhibition hours after winning the bronze medal at nationals.
- Sheriff in northwestern Ohio dies following surgery Updated: Jan-28-16 3:06 am
OTTAWA, Ohio - A first-term sheriff in northwestern Ohio has died following complications from surgery.
- Country singer Tyler Farr cancels shows after vocal surgery Updated: Jan-27-16 11:07 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Country singer Tyler Farr is canceling upcoming shows to rest his voice after having surgery to remove a polyp on his vocal chords.
- Family sues hospitals, doctors in Cedar Falls boy's death Updated: Jan-26-16 6:59 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - The family of a Cedar Falls toddler who died after having his tonsils removed is suing two hospitals and doctors.
- Lincoln surgeon 1 of few doing customized knee replacement Updated: Jan-23-16 10:43 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Ivan Hildreth's knees had gotten so bad he couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without a lot of pain and effort.
- UK finalizes deal to resume some pediatric heart surgeries Updated: Jan-22-16 7:00 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - UK HealthCare and the Cincinnati Children's Hospital finalized an agreement that will bring some pediatric heart surgeries back to the University of Kentucky after a nearly four-year absence.
- Lawmaker missing legislative session after recent surgery Updated: Jan-21-16 3:43 am
GREENFIELD, Indiana - A lawmaker from central Indiana is missing the opening weeks of the state legislative session after undergoing surgery.
- Latvian president in stable condition after heart surgery Updated: Jan-20-16 11:36 am
HELSINKI - The office of Latvia's president says that the leader has undergone heart surgery and is in stable condition.
- New surgical system aids in accuracy, recovery Updated: Jan-18-16 10:01 am
DOTHAN, Alabama - One of the newest surgical aids at Flowers Hospital is known as the Stealth. But, it doesn't obscure things. It makes them much clearer.
- Brazil's Pele recovering from corrective hip surgery Updated: Jan-15-16 1:47 pm
SAO PAULO - A spokesman for Pele says the Brazilian football legend is recovering well from a corrective hip surgery he recently underwent in New York City.
- Zimbabwe: Doctors to perform first heart surgery since 2003 Updated: Jan-15-16 8:17 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - A surgeon says doctors will perform open heart surgery in Zimbabwe for the first time in over a decade.
- State high court agrees to hear case about medical laws Updated: Jan-11-16 1:54 pm
ALBUEQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Supreme Court has agreed to hear a lawsuit examining if either Texas of New Mexico laws apply to a woman's lawsuit alleging medical malpractice.