- Newark holds '24 Hours of Peace' amid surge in violence Updated: Aug-29-15 5:43 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Yoga devotees and hip-hop music fans were among the thousands who flooded several blocks of New Jersey's largest city on Saturday with the hopes of creating a cease-fire against the city's spike in gun violence.
- Officials look to move betting machines back to race track Updated: Aug-23-15 3:47 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - An eastern Idaho horse racing track has folded on trying to keep its lucrative betting machines off-site after months of defending the legality of the machines' location.
- Jogger who sued Lincoln after sidewalk fall loses Updated: Aug-18-15 9:25 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A jogger who blamed Lincoln officials after falling on an uneven sidewalk has lost her lawsuit against the city.
- Yoga classes offered on lawn of Illinois' Old State Capitol Updated: Aug-17-15 5:53 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Old State Capitol in Springfield is starting regular yoga classes on its south lawn.
- 2016 hopefuls hit the gym, try to skip pie on campaign trail Updated: Aug-17-15 3:44 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Scott Walker is counting steps on his FitBit. Jeb Bush swears by the Paleo diet. Bobby Jindal is a "gym rat."
- Exercise classes in Salina benefit people with arthritis Updated: Aug-16-15 2:04 pm
SALINA, Kansas - When Larry Plaggerman was 59, he ran the Boston Marathon.
- Ohio mermaid gives joy to curious children Updated: Aug-15-15 9:29 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The children swarmed the mermaid in the shallow water, poking her scales and touching her silver-and-orange tail.
- Cape Cod race lets runners compete virtually from treadmills Updated: Aug-14-15 8:43 pm
FALMOUTH, Massachusetts - While thousands of runners descend upon Cape Cod for the New Balance Falmouth Road Race this weekend, an additional 100 are planning to compete from the comfort of their home or gym.
- Wisconsin fitness equipment maker fined $3M over defects Updated: Aug-14-15 7:49 pm
COTTAGE GROVE, Wisconsin - The Consumer Product Safety Commission has fined a Wisconsin fitness equipment maker $3 million for failing to report defects in its machines.
- Kentucky teenager killed moving heavy football equipment Updated: Aug-13-15 8:29 pm
HOPKINSVILLE, Kentucky - A western Kentucky teenager has died after being hit in the head by a piece of football equipment on a practice field where he was helping move it.
- Marietta man pleads guilty to stabbing ex's trainer Updated: Aug-10-15 3:36 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - A Marietta man has pleaded guilty to stabbing his ex-girlfriend's personal trainer at least six times.
- DeMatha football preps for tough schedule with Bikram yoga Updated: Aug-09-15 9:05 am
RIVERDALE, Maryland - With their heads tilted back and clasped hands pressed under their chins, DeMatha football players let their rhythmic exhalations fall over them in the steamy studio. As the 17 Stags were frozen in meditated form, sweat drizzled down their faces, none finding relief from the five skinny ceiling fans and loud vent recycling the room's 104-degree air.
- Getting fit for free with summer activities at Inner Harbor Updated: Aug-08-15 9:11 am
BALTIMORE - Steven Bruneau figured a kayak could not be much different from a canoe, which he had paddled many times - until he toppled into the Inner Harbor, his boat upside down next to him.
- Jogger to pay $300K for making U-turn in front of cyclist Updated: Aug-06-15 4:34 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - A jogger who abruptly turned around in front of a cyclist on the Roanoke River Greenway has been ordered to pay $300,000.
- Review: Stand-alone gadgets trump all-in-one devices Updated: Aug-05-15 7:49 am
NEW YORK - When Apple announced new iPod music players a few weeks ago, many people asked why anyone would need iPods when smartphones can play music and more. I had that question myself - until I remembered I've been carrying an iPod almost every day, mostly for my runs.
- Local actress lands spot on 'Hawaii Five-O' Updated: Jul-31-15 9:04 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - A local actress and owner of a popular yoga studio in Kapaa has landed a guest spot on the CBS police drama "Hawaii Five-O."