- YMCA new fitness center now under construction Updated: Jul-02-15 6:58 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The YMCA has started construction on its Red River Fitness and Natural Sciences campus in Shreveport.
- Competitive eating is more than just chowing down Updated: Jul-02-15 6:13 am
LAS VEGAS - Miki Sudo is downing oysters at the Orleans.
- Olive Branch reviews ambitious plans for City Park Updated: Jun-25-15 4:04 am
OLIVE BRANCH, Mississippi - Olive Branch's 135-acre premier park is undergoing work on its lake and walking trails, but city officials may spend millions of dollars more to broaden the park system's appeal.
- Trim gym trend turning fitness fans into business owners Updated: Jun-24-15 6:31 am
NEW YORK - Slim one-room gyms are in, and the low cost of starting them is turning gym rats and workout instructors into entrepreneurs.
- Free fitness park to open near Detroit's east riverfront Updated: Jun-24-15 4:05 am
DETROIT - A ribbon-cutting is scheduled for a free outdoor workout space near Detroit's riverfront.
- Editor selections from the Middle East Updated: Jun-22-15 8:33 am
Across the Middle East last week, Muslims marked the start of Ramadan, a month of intense prayer, dawn-to-dusk fasting and nightly feasts.
- Millions of people bend and twist their bodies for Yoga Day Updated: Jun-22-15 12:07 am
NEW DELHI - Millions of yoga enthusiasts across the world bent and twisted their bodies in complex postures Sunday to mark the first International Yoga Day.
- The Latest: Warriors' Iguodala voted MVP of NBA Finals Updated: Jun-17-15 12:18 am
CLEVELAND - The Latest from Game 6 of the NBA Finals (all times local):
- Weightlifting helps man get healthy after retirement Updated: Jun-16-15 3:09 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - LeRoy Burton felt a lot older than 67 when he walked into Joe Orengia's gym 13 years ago.
- March for babies: Hundreds walk for healthy babies Updated: Jun-13-15 9:41 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - On June 6, descendants of the original March of Dimes generation proved that they haven't lost a step when it comes to helping children born prematurely or with birth defects.
- Bounce it out: Students on exercise balls concentrate more Updated: Jun-13-15 9:16 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Brady Stafford sits quietly, his feet flat on the floor with pencil in hand, as he pours over the math problems before him trying to solve for the mean, median and mode.
- Lawyer: Legal fight against yoga in schools is finished Updated: Jun-12-15 9:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - The lawyer who led an unsuccessful fight to block a San Diego County school system from teaching yoga says no appeal is planned.
- Louisiana congressman dodges gators on daily jogs on farm Updated: Jun-07-15 4:32 pm
ALTO, Louisiana - Louisiana Congressman Ralph Abraham dodges alligators, 100-pound snapping turtles and snakes during his daily jogs on the freshman Republican's Alto farm.
- Post-cancer fitness brings new life for survivors Updated: Jun-07-15 11:23 am
LONGPORT, New Jersey - Two years ago, Allison Kashon tried to hit the gym three times a week. She rode her bike regularly and got her cardio in on treadmills and ellipticals.
- Partial packing list for rowboat crossing the Pacific Updated: Jun-07-15 6:33 am
CHOSHI, Japan - Most of us have enough trouble remembering our train passes and car keys when we set out each day. Florida-born Sonya Baumstein had to pack everything she needed for an up-to-six-month solo journey across the Pacific by rowboat that she began Sunday. Some highlights of her provisions and equipment:
- Richmond doctor pens book with cycling legend Greg LeMond Updated: Jun-06-15 9:50 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - About two years ago, Richmond doctor Mark Hom decided he wanted to write about the science behind proper fitness.