- Wyoming Downs struggles with new horse race machines Updated: Apr-29-16 10:34 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - One of two companies licensed to operate historic horse racing machines in Wyoming has closed half of its locations and reduced hours at the others in recent months.
- Effort brings yoga demonstrations to Flint amid water crisis Updated: Apr-26-16 8:46 am
FLINT, Michigan - An effort is bringing yoga demonstrations to students, parents and teachers in Flint amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted water.
- Tourist in yoga airplane altercation allowed to fly to Korea Updated: Apr-25-16 10:10 pm
HONOLULU - A tourist whose desire to do yoga on a plane led to his arrest is being allowed to leave Hawaii and return home to South Korea.
- Video of Army airborne drop shows Humvees falling from sky Updated: Apr-22-16 10:28 am
BERLIN - A U.S. Army airborne exercise in Germany is attracting more than a million viewers on social media after a video surfaced showing a Humvee breaking free of its rigging and plummeting to the ground, followed by another - and another.
- Affidavit: Head wound killed woman in North Texas church Updated: Apr-21-16 5:58 pm
MIDLOTHIAN, Texas - Investigators say a fitness instructor found dead at a North Texas church died of a head wound, and they suspect a person seen on surveillance video clad in a police jacket and helmet used an unknown object to cause the wound.
- Virgin Galactic returns to Spaceport America for exercises Updated: Apr-20-16 9:55 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - It was nothing but clear, blue skies as the sleek, jet-powered plane approached the runway at Spaceport America in southern New Mexico, only to briefly touch down and then thrust off again.
- NYPD seeks suspect after park jogger resists armed attacker Updated: Apr-20-16 10:52 am
NEW YORK - Police are looking for a suspect after a jogger reported she that fought off an armed attacker in Brooklyn's Prospect Park.
- Broward sheriff injured after hit by vehicle while jogging Updated: Apr-20-16 6:07 am
DAVIE, Florida - Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel has been released from the hospital after deputies say he was hit by a vehicle while jogging in Davie.
- Police seek suspect after woman slain in North Texas church Updated: Apr-19-16 10:30 pm
MIDLOTHIAN, Texas - A fitness instructor has been slain at a North Texas church and investigators are seeking a man dressed as a police officer who was seen on security video.
- 30-day suspension upheld for Denver officer who shoved man Updated: Apr-13-16 11:00 am
DENVER - The Denver Civil Service Commission has upheld a 30-day suspension for a police officer who shoved a man while working security at a bar in 2014.
- Boot Camp helps Greensburg firefighters stay fit Updated: Apr-11-16 10:32 am
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Tom Bell knew something had to give.
- Cops get fit with new gym thanks to pastor's generosity Updated: Apr-11-16 9:12 am
FALL RIVER, Massachusetts - The city's police officers have a new gym to work out in, thanks to the generosity of the Rev. Robert Lawrence.
- Tewksbury installs monuments honoring Revolutionary War past Updated: Apr-11-16 6:48 am
TEWKSBURY, Massachusetts - The Tewksbury Historical Society has begun installing monuments to honor Revolutionary War veterans along a historic walking trail in the northeast Massachusetts town.
- Riverdale to track users of its Mississippi River Trail Updated: Apr-09-16 1:59 pm
RIVERDALE, Iowa - The city of Riverdale says it plans to track the number of walkers, joggers and cyclists on its stretch of the Mississippi River Trail this June.
- Nebraska yoga classes pair sessions with beer, art and more Updated: Apr-09-16 11:14 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Keith May says he's so NOT a yogi.
- 90-year-old fitness fanatic finds community at Miramont Updated: Apr-09-16 10:45 am
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - Head up to the second floor of Miramont Lifestyle Fitness' airy northern location, head straight and you'll likely see him every day starting around 7 a.m.
- Coroner: Crash victim who drowned in pond had schizophrenia Updated: Apr-08-16 10:28 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A New York woman who walked to a pond and drowned after suffering only minor injuries in a Pennsylvania traffic accident had schizophrenia and may have been suffering from a mental health episode.
- Judge finds ex-A&M player incompetent in slaying case Updated: Apr-05-16 7:52 pm
DALLAS - A former Texas A&M wide receiver has been found mentally incompetent to stand trial in the slaying of a man on a Dallas jogging trail.
- Cardiac rehab helps West Virginians get heart healthy Updated: Apr-03-16 11:13 am
BRIDGEPORT, West Virginia - Nick Duryea worked out at a fitness club and swam 2 1/2 miles three times a week in spite of spinal injuries he received as a combat veteran who fought in Iraq.
- Anti-STD group riffs Sanders slogan with 'Feel the Burn' ads Updated: Apr-01-16 1:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - Several billboards scattered around Los Angeles look at first glance like ads for Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign, but they actually ask, "Feel the Burn?"
- Last day for hikers at popular Los Angeles trail for months Updated: Mar-31-16 8:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles fitness fanatics whose daily routine includes a hike or a run along the Runyon Canyon trail are bracing themselves for a four-month closure of the popular route.