- Life works out for Del. fitness instructor Updated: May-25-15 9:04 am
LEWES, Delaware - Cassandra Parker isn't a 55-year-old fitness instructor.
- EXCHANGE: Program for injured veterans promotes fitness Updated: May-24-15 1:26 pm
PLAINFIELD, Illinois - Keith Aguina, a veteran who is a quadriplegic, often encountered poor attitudes and physical barriers at the gym.
- Gymnastics school closes as owner fights to walk again Updated: May-23-15 10:11 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The man who taught thousands of children to fly - and to vault, to tumble and spin - is trying to teach himself how to walk again.
- Recalls this week: booster seats, gas ranges, crossbows Updated: May-22-15 4:48 pm
A line of children's booster seats with potentially faulty safety straps are among this week's recalled consumer products. Others include several types of gas ranges with defects that can cause burn or fire hazards.
- Community college wants people to get timely health tips Updated: May-22-15 9:19 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Ivy Tech Community College wants people to get hip to some timely tips.
- Wisconsin's Alvarez: Abolish so-called 20-hour rule Updated: May-20-15 5:57 pm
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez said it's time to abolish the so-called 20-hour rule designed to limit how much time students spend on athletics instead of academics per week.
- Jogger dies after being hit by car at Oakland University Updated: May-15-15 1:22 pm
ROCHESTER HILLS, Michigan - Authorities have released the identity of a 54-year-old jogger who died after being struck by a car driven by a student on the campus of Oakland University in suburban Detroit.
- YMCA asks members to leave fitness area while taking calls Updated: May-15-15 12:53 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The largest branch of the Greater Charlotte YMCA is encouraging those who use the facility to stay off their phones and exercise.
- Couple sells used outdoor gear in Grand Rapids shop Updated: May-13-15 6:10 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - After operating the Switchback Gear Exchange in Marquette for the past five years, Mike and Rachel Posthumus have moved their winning formula for buying and selling outdoor gear to their hometown.
- Longtime Belle Fourche teacher dies while jogging after work Updated: May-13-15 6:41 am
BELLE FOURCHE, South Dakota - No foul play is suspected in the death of a Belle Fourche teacher who died while jogging after work.
- Senegalese in the capital flock to the beach for workouts Updated: May-12-15 11:58 am
DAKAR, Senegal - No headphones needed. The sound of waves serves as a playlist for hundreds of fit, sport loving Senegalese who swarm to the beach daily in Dakar.
- EXCHANGE: Woman leaves corporate world to get in gym Updated: May-10-15 11:17 am
EFFINGHAM, Illinois - Trishia Heynen was at the burnout phase. Not from maxing out while weightlifting at the gym she purchased last year, The Zone, but from a prior demanding job and family tragedy.
- Review: Small life enhancements come with Apple Watch Updated: May-06-15 4:36 am
NEW YORK - Apple Watch isn't so much a lifestyle revolution as it is a collection of small enhancements that add up.
- AP source: Goldberg died after collapsing in gym Updated: May-04-15 10:14 pm
David Goldberg, the SurveyMonkey CEO who also was Facebook executive Sheryl Sandberg's husband, was exercising at a gym in a Mexican resort when he collapsed before he died Friday, a person close to the family said.
- Naples company combines helicopters and yoga Updated: May-02-15 4:38 pm
FORT MYERS, Florida - A Fort Myers company is offering yoga enthusiasts a high-flying experience.
- Everybody breathe: Yoga championship held in Binghamton, NY Updated: May-02-15 10:36 am
BINGHAMTON, New York - Has an air of calm enveloped Binghamton, New York this weekend?
- Germany: Couple suspected in attack plan had extremist video Updated: May-02-15 10:34 am
BERLIN - German authorities say they found violent Islamic extremist videos on a computer belong to a couple suspected of preparing an attack on a cycling race.
- Mental health awareness walk expects 300 participants Updated: May-01-15 8:04 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - More than 300 people are expected to take part in the National Alliance on Mental Illness' awareness walk.