- Black leaders call for Election Day voter registration Updated: Nov-25-15 4:53 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Black Leadership Council is asking the state to allow people to register to vote on Election Day.
- Rubio finesses abortion stance criticized by Democrats Updated: Nov-25-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - When Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio staked out a hard-line position on abortion in the first GOP debate, Hillary Rodham Clinton took notice.
- 20 percent of eligible voters did so in Indiana election Updated: Nov-24-15 5:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's municipal general elections drew a combined turnout of 20.5 percent of eligible voters
- Republicans' tough Senate map gets another twist Updated: Nov-23-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans' plans to defend their Senate majority in 2016 just got a bit more complicated.
- Tucson to ask appeals court for rehearing on elections Updated: Nov-18-15 2:14 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson will ask the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit for a rehearing on a ruling that the city's election system is unconstitutional.
- Manchester man accused of voting in 2 other towns in 2014 Updated: Nov-06-15 2:55 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A Manchester man has turned himself in to police after a warrant was issued accusing him of giving false addresses and voting in two other towns on Election Day in November 2014.
- Campaign to raise Maine' minimum wage tops 90K signatures Updated: Nov-05-15 4:02 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Supporters of a proposal to raise Maine's minimum wage have more than enough signatures to put the issue on the statewide ballot.
- The Latest: New Jersey Democrats pick up Assembly seats Updated: Nov-04-15 12:26 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Here is the latest on the general election in New Jersey (all times local):
- Virginia Republicans remain in control of state Senate Updated: Nov-03-15 11:21 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Republicans have maintained control of the state Senate after a bruising, expensive contest that featured heavy investment from national special interest groups.
- GOP governor win leads surge sweeping Kentucky elections Updated: Nov-03-15 10:46 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A GOP surge swept the state during Tuesday's election, winning Republicans the hard-fought race for Governor and ousting the incumbent Democratic state auditor:
- The Latest: Democrat Andy Beshear elected attorney general Updated: Nov-03-15 9:37 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The latest on Kentucky's general election, including the nation's most competitive campaign for governor.
- The Latest: GOP's Richard Black holds on to senate seat Updated: Nov-03-15 9:14 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on Election Day in Virginia as Democrats try to gain control of the Senate and Republicans battle to retain their slim edge while retaining their majority in the House of Delegates. (All times local)
- Fallin sets special election for Oklahoma County court clerk Updated: Nov-03-15 7:28 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin has set a special election date in the spring for the court clerk of Oklahoma County.
- The Latest: Cincinnati-area polls will stay open longer Updated: Nov-03-15 6:58 pm
The latest developments in Ohio's general election as voters decide issues including whether to legalize marijuana.
- Election Day meal traditions go way back, going strong Updated: Nov-03-15 11:47 am
PITTSBURGH - Dinners offered by social clubs or churches on Election Day are a western Pennsylvania tradition that may not be directly related to the celebrations that took place on voting days in New England shortly after the Revolutionary War, but they could be distant cousins.
- What's ahead in long grind of 2016 campaign for president Updated: Nov-03-15 7:45 am
WASHINGTON - Election Day 2015 is Tuesday, which means we're a year away from the big Election Day to come - the one with the next president on the ballot. Here's a look at some of the milestones ahead before the end of the 2016 presidential campaign.
- No end in sight to GOP primary drama a year from election Updated: Nov-03-15 4:17 am
WASHINGTON - After a devastating loss in the 2012 presidential election, the Republican Party entered a period of intense self-reflection and emerged with a firm promise to learn from its mistakes.
- Maine GOP learns it can collect signatures on Election Day Updated: Nov-02-15 4:05 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine Republican Party received approval Monday to circulate petitions for the governor's proposal to slash the income tax and to reform welfare, setting off a scramble to get the petitions copied and distributed so signature-gatherers can tackle an ambitious goal of collecting more than 61,000 signatures within three months.
- Q&A: What's at stake, other issues on Virginia Election Day Updated: Nov-02-15 12:42 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia voters will head to the polls Tuesday to elect all 140 members of the General Assembly. Here's a look at what's at stake and other issues on Election Day:
- Potential Virginia gubernatorial candidates staying busy Updated: Oct-28-15 3:32 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Next week's legislative elections have been a good opportunity for those vying to be Virginia's next governor to make important friends and allies, increase their name recognition and generally boost their chances for a successful 2017 run.
- Races for 2 mid-level appellate courts also on Nov. 3 ballot Updated: Oct-26-15 5:54 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A pair of statewide contests for intermediate-level appellate courts will be decided in the Nov. 3 election alongside the three open seats on the state Supreme Court that have garnered the most spotlight.