- Lawrence County OKs placing tax issue on November ballot Updated: Sep-01-15 12:59 pm
WALNUT RIDGE, Arkansas - Voters in a northeast Arkansas county will be asked this fall to approve a sales tax increase to help build and maintain a new jail.
- Judge rejects Libertarian Party's ballot access challenge Updated: Aug-27-15 6:01 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A federal judge on Thursday upheld a New Hampshire law the Libertarian Party argued could prevent its candidates from getting on the ballot.
- Fate of Nebraska's death penalty likely to rest with voters Updated: Aug-26-15 7:28 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's death penalty won a last-minute reprieve on Wednesday when a group fighting to keep the punishment announced that it has collected more than enough signatures to stop its repeal and place the issue before voters in 2016.
- The Latest: 3 House primary runoffs too close to call Updated: Aug-26-15 12:11 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest on Mississippi primary runoff elections (all times local):
- Coleman, Britton win party primary runoffs for commissions Updated: Aug-25-15 11:11 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Democratic and Republican party slates are now set for statewide and regional offices in Mississippi, with voters on Tuesday deciding one primary runoff for each party for a seat on a state commission.
- Kansas City minimum wage petition approved for ballot Updated: Aug-21-15 10:17 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Council has agreed to put a citizen group's minimum wage petition on the November ballot.
- Poll: Walker leads GOP foes, trails Clinton in Wisconsin Updated: Aug-20-15 2:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker leads other Republican presidential candidates in his home state of Wisconsin but trails Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton there in a potential general election matchup, according to the first statewide poll since Walker announced his candidacy.
- Judge rules to allow Envision Spokane to appear on ballot Updated: Aug-14-15 6:18 am
SPOKANE, Washington - A Superior Court judge has denied Spokane Mayor David Condon's request to stop a community group's ballot measure from appearing in the November election.
- Trump bombast overshadows GOP challenges with women Updated: Aug-11-15 5:21 pm
WASHINGTON - When Jeb Bush said he wasn't sure the country needs to spend "a half billion dollars for women's health issues," many viewed the remark as a gaffe and the Republican candidate for president rushed to clean it up.
- Maine's November ballot finalized; low turnout expected Updated: Aug-11-15 4:11 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The order of the questions on November's ballot has been finalized, but officials aren't expecting that many residents will show up to the polls.
- Charlie Sims gets GOP nod for Forrest County sheriff Updated: Aug-05-15 5:46 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Charlie Sims spent the past eight months campaigning on the need for a change in the Forrest County Sheriff's Department.
- Truck driver wins Dem nomination for Mississippi governor Updated: Aug-05-15 5:35 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Republican Gov. Phil Bryant has $2.8 million in his campaign fund, and his Democratic challenger in the November election is a truck driver who reported spending no money so far and who said he didn't even vote in Tuesday's primary.