- Parties pick 5 endorsed candidates for state's highest court Updated: May-19-15 11:25 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Democrats and Republicans demonstrated Tuesday that party endorsements count as they nominated five party-backed candidates for the state Supreme Court.
- Latest in Pennsylvania primary: Wojcik is appellate nominee Updated: May-19-15 11:24 pm
- Kentucky voters weigh hotly contested GOP governor's primary Updated: May-19-15 7:03 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - As a bitterly contested Republican primary for governor wound to a close, Kentucky voters headed to the polls Tuesday to sort through the contenders in both parties - and weigh in on some of the allegations that have surfaced on the Republican side.
- Hearings scheduled on Mississippi school funding initiatives Updated: May-19-15 1:11 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippians will get to express their opinions about this year's proposed school funding initiatives during a series of public hearings in late summer.
- Chickasaw Nation general election filing period opens June 1 Updated: May-11-15 5:23 pm
ADA, Oklahoma - The filing period for the Chickasaw Nation's general election opens next month.
- City Council president, sheriff to vie for Columbus mayor Updated: May-05-15 11:45 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus City Council President Andrew Ginther and Franklin County Sheriff Zach Scott will face off in a November election to determine who becomes mayor of Ohio's biggest city.
- Brainard wins in Carmel, Hogsett, Brewer win in Indianapolis Updated: May-05-15 10:20 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A five-term mayor of an affluent Indianapolis suburb known for its sustained building boom defeated a challenger in the Republican primary who said the city was spending too much and would eventually need to raise taxes.
- Fairbanks borough to consider mail-in municipal ballots Updated: May-03-15 6:59 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Looking to boost voter turnout, the Fairbanks North Star Borough Assembly will consider an ordinance creating a system to vote by mail in borough elections.
- Court to weigh law barring false statements in campaigns Updated: May-02-15 9:57 am
BOSTON - When state Rep. Brian Mannal noticed flyers accusing him of putting the interests of sex offenders over families last year, the Barnstable Democrat saw more than just the rough and tumble of Massachusetts politics.
- Advocates working to propose new term limit amendment Updated: May-01-15 6:58 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A key term-limit advocate says he will propose a constitutional amendment limiting state lawmakers to a maximum of 10 years in the Arkansas Legislature.
- GOP candidates court conservative advocacy group in debate Updated: Apr-28-15 10:12 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Kentucky's leading Republican candidates for governor jockeyed to position themselves on the right side of key conservative issues during a debate Tuesday night before one of the country's major conservative advocacy groups.
- Correction: National Guard story Updated: Apr-27-15 1:50 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - In a story April 25 about the release of National Guard emails, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of the Alaska assistant attorney general. She is Cori Mills, not Connie Mills.
- ND kills resolution for ballot initiatives Updated: Apr-24-15 10:20 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's Senate has killed a House proposal to put all ballot initiatives with a "major fiscal impact" on the general election ballot.
- Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP White House hopefuls Updated: Apr-23-15 11:41 am
NEW YORK - For Democratic politicians, same-sex marriage has become an easy issue: They're for it. Many Republican VIPs - notably the presidential hopefuls - face a far more complicated landscape.
- Constitutional proposal for team tickets fails in NC House Updated: Apr-22-15 6:01 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - There aren't enough state House votes to advance a proposal letting North Carolina voters decide if pairs of candidates for governor and lieutenant governor must run together in fall elections.