- Analysis: GOP is party desperately in search of a leader Updated: Oct-09-15 2:12 pm
WASHINGTON - The GOP is a party in chaos, desperately in search of a leader.
- The state Senate races to watch on Election Day Updated: Oct-08-15 3:53 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Partisan control for Virginia's state Senate is up for grabs this November.
- Super PAC backing Democrats spends $1M in 3 Assembly races Updated: Oct-08-15 2:02 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A super political action committee focused on electing Democratic lawmakers has spent more than $1 million in three contested New Jersey Assembly districts ahead of Election Day.
- Rubio's presidential bid boosted by secret-money commercials Updated: Oct-08-15 12:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Voters are beginning to learn about Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio.
- Bill would expand Right to Try Act to include marijuana Updated: Oct-07-15 4:44 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A pair of Republican lawmakers who helped author a bill to make a certain strain of marijuana permissible for treatment is seeking to go one step further.
- N. Idaho lawmaker navigates Kootenai County politics Updated: Oct-05-15 11:51 am
BOISE, Idaho - Luke Malek is a young lawyer, a North Idaho resident since the second grade with deep ties in the community, and the son of two local physicians. A Republican, he worked for former Sen. Larry Craig and Sen. Mike Crapo, and was recruited by former Gov. Jim Risch to be the state's first governor's representative to North Idaho. He comes from a religious family; his brothers are Matthew, Marc and John.
- Voter registration deadline is Saturday in Mississippi Updated: Oct-02-15 4:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi has a voter registration deadline Saturday.
- Voter registration deadline for Ohio's election is Monday Updated: Oct-02-15 3:31 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohioans who want to cast a ballot in the fall election have until Monday to register to vote or update their voter information.
- Absentee voting under way for Nov. 3 Va. general election Updated: Oct-02-15 2:46 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia's general election a full month away, but absentee voting is already under way.
- Political stakes high for McAuliffe in November elections Updated: Sep-27-15 9:03 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's name won't be on the ballot in November's legislative elections in his state, but he'll have a lot riding on its outcome.
- GOP religious conservatives channeling anger toward victory Updated: Sep-27-15 5:11 am
WASHINGTON - Religious activists in the Republican Party, bolstered by House Speaker John Boehner's sudden exit, say the next GOP presidential nominee must share their uncompromising stance on abortion rights, gay marriage and other priorities to get to the White House.
- Boehner's decision to leave the House surprises constituents Updated: Sep-26-15 2:54 am
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - People in the Ohio district that House Speaker John Boehner has represented for decades are stunned by his decision to step down, nearly 35 years after he first won election there as township trustee.
- 10 Utah cities are looking at canceling no-contest elections Updated: Sep-25-15 2:17 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Election Day is a staple of American life, but in at least 10 Utah cities the polls likely will be closed this year because of a lack of people stepping up to challenge incumbents.
- Las Vegas to host final presidential debate next year Updated: Sep-23-15 4:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - Presidential candidates will try their luck in Las Vegas next year as Sin City hosts the last of three debates ahead of the November election.
- Ohio college to host first 2016 presidential debate Updated: Sep-23-15 3:29 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - The 2016 general election presidential debates will take off at Ohio's Wright State University.
- Ex-convict a step closer to regaining Bridgeport mayor post Updated: Sep-17-15 5:45 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Former Mayor and ex-convict Joe Ganim says the people of Bridgeport have spoken in nominating him as the city's Democratic mayoral candidate. But incumbent Bill Finch is vowing a fight all the way to the November general election.
- U of Illinois emails highlight medical school struggle Updated: Sep-13-15 9:33 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Before the University of Illinois decided to create a new engineering-based medical school at the Urbana-Champaign campus, the power players behind the idea maneuvered to line up political support while they fought off attempts to kill the idea from within.
- Education board accepts Forward Arkansas recommendations Updated: Sep-12-15 6:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Board of Education has accepted recommendations from the Forward Arkansas initiative that are intended to improve education so students in the state are successful in college and their careers.
- The Latest: Special elections set to replace 2 lawmakers Updated: Sep-11-15 4:46 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - The latest on Michigan lawmakers embroiled in an extramarital affair cover-up (all times local):