- Fla. House race could be warning for Democrats Updated: Mar-12-14 4:35 am
- 2014 election takes shape after filing deadline Updated: Mar-11-14 10:11 pm
- Ex-legislators file to return to New Mexico House Updated: Mar-11-14 8:43 pm
- Gary King staying in race for New Mexico governor Updated: Mar-10-14 8:50 pm
- UT House OKs Election Day voter registration bill Updated: Mar-10-14 2:28 pm
- Political writers to talk about NH Legislature Updated: Mar-10-14 4:05 am
- Small slice of voters could decide DC mayoral race Updated: Mar-09-14 10:56 am
- Missed votes prompt new accountability system Updated: Mar-08-14 4:20 am
- Hilderbran concedes GOP comptroller race to Hegar Updated: Mar-07-14 6:21 pm
- Judge blocks rule canceling voter's registration Updated: Mar-05-14 7:43 pm
- After primary victory, Texas' Davis faces big odds Updated: Mar-05-14 6:46 pm
- Attorney submits US Senate vacancy initiative Updated: Mar-04-14 8:17 pm
- Mail-in ballots key in special congressional race Updated: Mar-04-14 7:02 pm
- Former NJ judge faces voter fraud charges Updated: Mar-04-14 4:51 pm
- Nevada congressional hopeful has lax voting record Updated: Mar-04-14 2:28 pm
- Slow start to early voting across Illinois Updated: Mar-03-14 7:17 pm
- Illinois governor says he'll vote on Election Day Updated: Mar-03-14 12:16 pm
- GOP candidates hoping to boost early voting Updated: Mar-01-14 5:47 pm
- Pa. Democrats vying for Lt. Gov. clash on drilling Updated: Mar-01-14 3:46 pm
- Lawmakers OK bill keeping Ark. lt. gov office open Updated: Feb-27-14 3:01 pm
- Ark. House committee set to consider lt. gov. bill Updated: Feb-26-14 3:19 am
- Branstad files petition signatures for campaign Updated: Feb-25-14 12:47 pm
- Senators hit rivals hard and fast in GOP primaries Updated: Feb-25-14 3:28 am
- GOP treasurer hopefuls tout contrasting skills Updated: Feb-23-14 1:37 pm
- Filing period opens Monday for 2014 Arkansas races Updated: Feb-23-14 12:54 pm
CLEARWATER BEACH, Florida - After months of railing against President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, Republicans scored a key victory in a hard-fought congressional race that had been closely watched as a bellwether of midterm elections in November.
SALEM, Oregon - Sixteen members of the Oregon Legislature aren't seeking re-election. Two will face primary challengers. And 24 won't have any opponent at all in the primary or general election.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Six former legislators filed Tuesday as candidates for the New Mexico House, setting up rematches from the 2012 primary and general elections.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Attorney General Gary King is committed to staying in the race for governor despite his last-place finish at a Democratic pre-primary nominating convention, his campaign manager said Monday.
SALT LAKE CITY - A measure allowing Utah counties and cities to register their residents to vote on Election Day has advanced in the state Legislature.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Business and Industry Association is planning to hold its annual legislative "halftime" show on March 28.
WASHINGTON - In 2010, Vincent Gray received 72,648 votes in the District of Columbia's Democratic mayoral primary. That was good enough for a nearly 10-percentage point victory over incumbent Adrian Fenty, but it meant that just 22 percent of the city's registered Democrats cast ballots for Gray.
BOONVILLE, Indiana - A southwestern Indiana county is turning to old-fashioned methods to ensure that every vote counts this year after an error kept nearly 3,800 ballots from being tallied in 2012.
AUSTIN, Texas - Katy Sen. Glenn Hegar captured the GOP nomination for Texas comptroller on Friday when state Rep. Harvey Hilderbran conceded the race, ending the need for a runoff.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz did not have the authority to create a new rule aimed at ridding voter registration rolls of voters who didn't appear to be U.S. citizens, a judge said Wednesday.
AUSTIN, Texas - After her easy victory in the Texas Democratic primary, Wendy Davis, one of the brightest stars of the 2014 campaign, is now embarking on her mission to win the governor's office and revive her party's fortunes in the heart of conservative America. Already, Texas politics has never seen anyone like her: a dynamo with a trailer park-to-Harvard Law story who makes nationwide donors swoon.
HELENA, Montana - A Helena attorney submitted a ballot initiative proposal Tuesday that would change Montana law to take away the governor's power to fill U.S. Senate vacancies and instead require special elections.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - In the 2012 general election, more people voted by mail in Pinellas County than in any other Florida county and that could have a major impact on next week's special election to replace the late Congressman C.W. Bill Young.
WOODBRIDGE, New Jersey - A municipal judge in New Jersey is facing voter fraud charges for allegedly casting ballots in a town he does not live in.
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Republican congressional candidate Niger Innis said he regrets not voting more often in the past 14 years.
CHICAGO - Voters trickled into the polls Monday, the first day of early voting for primary contests that'll help determine Illinois' next governor, a U.S. senator and numerous local offices.
CHICAGO - It's the first day of early voting in Illinois, but Gov. Pat Quinn isn't going to the polls.
CHICAGO - With early voting starting Monday, the four Republican candidates for Illinois governor were campaigning throughout the state Saturday, encouraging their supporters to cast a ballot before the March 18 primary.
HARRISUBURG, Pennsylvania - Six Democrats running for lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania clashed during a debate Saturday in front of the party's liberal activists over whether the state should stop, at least temporarily, drilling in the Marcellus Shale natural gas formation.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas House has approved a measure that keeps the lieutenant governor's office vacant until the general election in November.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas House committee is scheduled to consider a Senate bill that would keep the lieutenant governor's office vacant until the November election.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad on Tuesday submitted nearly three times the nomination petition signatures he needed to put his name on the ballot for re-election this year.
WASHINGTON - Republican senators are attacking GOP challengers earlier and more aggressively than in past elections, including using opposition research to try to knock out upstart rivals before they become serious threats.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Both candidates seeking the Republican nomination to be Illinois treasurer say they want to help right the state's financial ship - one bringing years of legislative experience to the job, the other promoting his technical expertise as a certified public accountant.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The filing period for Arkansas' political offices opens Monday with races for the U.S. Senate and governor at the top of the ticket.