- New election set in New Britain over ballot mix-up Updated: Dec-06-13 9:06 am
- Catania forms exploratory committee for DC mayor Updated: Dec-04-13 6:26 pm
- Alabama won't have husband, wife in Legislature Updated: Dec-03-13 10:47 pm
- N. Georgia key battleground in Senate GOP primary Updated: Nov-30-13 11:36 am
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Nov-26-13 1:43 pm
- More votes uncounted in Richland County Updated: Nov-22-13 9:44 am
- Hopi vice chairman elected to top leadership post Updated: Nov-21-13 12:17 pm
- Good govt. groups question NYC poll worker actions Updated: Nov-20-13 6:00 pm
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-20-13 10:39 am
- Brown remains evasive on re-election plans Updated: Nov-19-13 5:22 pm
- Texas voter ID case gets Sept. 2014 trial date Updated: Nov-15-13 5:46 pm
- Paul calls Bevin 'good, honest, Christian man' Updated: Nov-15-13 4:27 pm
- Rauner donates $500K to campaign for Illinois gov. Updated: Nov-14-13 6:33 pm
- Bloomberg rips new NYC voting machines Updated: Nov-13-13 5:19 pm
- Many House Republicans say: What GOP crisis? Updated: Nov-13-13 3:18 am
- No lessons yet from Voter ID law Updated: Nov-10-13 1:28 pm
- New London mayor removes police from polling place Updated: Nov-08-13 5:59 am
- McAuliffe elected governor of Va. over Cuccinelli Updated: Nov-06-13 1:47 am
- New faces tapped for mayor in Stamford, New Haven Updated: Nov-05-13 10:46 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - A Hartford Superior Court judge has ordered a new election in New Britain to correct an Election Day ballot mix-up.
WASHINGTON - D.C. Councilmember David Catania formed an exploratory committee for a mayoral bid Wednesday, saying he's unimpressed by the large field of candidates and wants to find out if he can do more to improve public education from the city's highest office.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama won't have a husband and wife serving in the Legislature at the same time.
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - At the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains sits one of the most Republican congressional districts in the country that is home to Georgia's governor, lieutenant governor and speaker of the House.
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A state audit has determined county election officials failed to count more than 1,100 absentee votes in city and county elections Nov. 5.
KYKOTSMOVI, Arizona - The vice chairman of the Hopi Tribe has been elected as the new chairman.
NEW YORK - Two good government groups are raising concerns about poll worker conduct at several New York City polling places during the Nov. 5 general election.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown is remaining coy about whether he will seek an unprecedented fourth term next year, despite a Hollywood fundraiser this week that could significantly pad his already large campaign war chest.
AUSTIN, Texas - A federal judge has set a September 2014 trial date for a lawsuit seeking to overturn Texas' Voter ID - just ahead of a pivotal general election.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Tea party darling Rand Paul endorsed Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell long ago, but that didn't stop him Friday from sharing kind words about McConnell's GOP primary challenger, Louisville businessman Matt Bevin.
CHICAGO - Republican Bruce Rauner has made a $500,000 donation to his campaign for Illinois governor, lifting the caps on political contributions for everyone in the 2014 race and ensuring a big-money battle for the state's top job.
NEW YORK - Outgoing New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg strongly criticized the city's new voting process, saying "the days of the secret ballot are over."
WASHINGTON - As a Republican, freshman Rep. Ted Yoho of Florida cares about the Republican Party's image and fate. But what he especially cares about is a tiny sliver of the GOP: about 22,000 primary voters who lean heavily conservative and who secured his spot in the House.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas has enforced its Voter ID law for the first time statewide, but there isn't enough data yet to claim the law was either harmless or an affront to voters' rights.
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - New London Mayor Daryl Justin Finizio and the police union are at odds over the mayor's Election Day request that a police vehicle be moved from outside a polling place.
TYSONS CORNER, Virginia - Terry McAuliffe wrested the governor's office from Republicans on Tuesday, capping an acrimonious campaign that was driven by a crush of negative advertising, non-stop accusations of dodgy dealings and a tea party-backed nominee who tested the limits of swing-voting Virginia.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Some new faces will be among many Connecticut cities' top leadership spots, including New Haven and Stamford.