- Analysis: Legislative candidates prep for August primaries Updated: May-24-15 5:18 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi politicians are gearing up for a busy summer campaign season. One legislative race worth watching is a Democratic primary that pits two incumbent state senators against each other up north. Another is a Gulf Coast Republican primary in which a senator with statewide ambitions is challenged by a former emergency director who handled local operations during Hurricane Katrina.
- Kentucky's general election filled with political 'firsts' Updated: May-24-15 10:32 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Ryan Quarles has some streaks of gray in his hair, which can seem odd when he tells people why they should vote for him.
- Parties pick 5 endorsed candidates for state's highest court Updated: May-19-15 11:25 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Democrats and Republicans demonstrated Tuesday that party endorsements count as they nominated five party-backed candidates for the state Supreme Court.
- Latest in Pennsylvania primary: Wojcik is appellate nominee Updated: May-19-15 11:24 pm
- Kentucky voters weigh hotly contested GOP governor's primary Updated: May-19-15 7:03 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - As a bitterly contested Republican primary for governor wound to a close, Kentucky voters headed to the polls Tuesday to sort through the contenders in both parties - and weigh in on some of the allegations that have surfaced on the Republican side.
- Chickasaw Nation general election filing period opens June 1 Updated: May-11-15 5:23 pm
ADA, Oklahoma - The filing period for the Chickasaw Nation's general election opens next month.
- City Council president, sheriff to vie for Columbus mayor Updated: May-05-15 11:45 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus City Council President Andrew Ginther and Franklin County Sheriff Zach Scott will face off in a November election to determine who becomes mayor of Ohio's biggest city.
- Brainard wins in Carmel, Hogsett, Brewer win in Indianapolis Updated: May-05-15 10:20 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A five-term mayor of an affluent Indianapolis suburb known for its sustained building boom defeated a challenger in the Republican primary who said the city was spending too much and would eventually need to raise taxes.
- Fairbanks borough to consider mail-in municipal ballots Updated: May-03-15 6:59 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Looking to boost voter turnout, the Fairbanks North Star Borough Assembly will consider an ordinance creating a system to vote by mail in borough elections.
- Court to weigh law barring false statements in campaigns Updated: May-02-15 9:57 am
BOSTON - When state Rep. Brian Mannal noticed flyers accusing him of putting the interests of sex offenders over families last year, the Barnstable Democrat saw more than just the rough and tumble of Massachusetts politics.
- Advocates working to propose new term limit amendment Updated: May-01-15 6:58 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A key term-limit advocate says he will propose a constitutional amendment limiting state lawmakers to a maximum of 10 years in the Arkansas Legislature.
- GOP candidates court conservative advocacy group in debate Updated: Apr-28-15 10:12 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Kentucky's leading Republican candidates for governor jockeyed to position themselves on the right side of key conservative issues during a debate Tuesday night before one of the country's major conservative advocacy groups.