- Boston Globe wins Pulitzer for bombing coverage Updated: Apr-15-14 6:44 am
- Kevin Siers of Charlotte Observer wins Pulitzer Updated: Apr-14-14 7:59 pm
- The New York Times sweeps photography Pulitzers Updated: Apr-14-14 7:47 pm
- Gazette's Philipps wins Pulitzer for vets' stories Updated: Apr-14-14 6:58 pm
- NY lawmaker calls Pulitzer decision 'disgraceful' Updated: Apr-14-14 6:05 pm
- Snowden says Pulitzer Prize is a 'vindication' Updated: Apr-14-14 6:05 pm
- Philly Inquirer architecture critic wins Pulitzer Updated: Apr-14-14 6:01 pm
- Donna Tartt wins fiction Pulitzer for 'Goldfinch' Updated: Apr-14-14 5:53 pm
- Oregonian wins Pulitzer Prize in editorial writing Updated: Apr-14-14 5:28 pm
- Boston Globe wins Pulitzer for marathon coverage Updated: Apr-14-14 4:23 pm
- Free Press columnist wins Pulitzer for commentary Updated: Apr-14-14 3:58 pm
- Pulitzer-winning Pollock biographer Smith dies Updated: Apr-10-14 8:50 pm
NEW YORK - An award that usually is met with cheers and jubilation instead came with a moment of silence, as The Boston Globe won the Pulitzer Prize for breaking news for its "exhaustive and empathetic" coverage of the Boston Marathon bombing and the manhunt that followed.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Kevin Siers has continued a tradition of Pulitzer Prizes for cartoonists at The Charlotte Observer.
NEW YORK - The New York Times' assistant managing editor for photography says the paper's sweep of the photo categories in this year's Pulitzer Prizes shows "the breadth and scope" of their work.
DENVER - A Gazette journalist who won the Pulitzer Prize for national reporting Monday said he hopes the honor will bring even more attention to traumatized combat veterans across the country who are struggling like the men he wrote about in Colorado Springs.
MINEOLA, New York - The head of the House Homeland Security subcommittee on counterterrorism and intelligence calls the decision to award a Pulitzer Prize in the NSA leaking case "disgraceful."
NEW YORK - National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden says giving the Pulitzer Prize in public service to those who reported on the U.S. government's sweeping surveillance efforts is "vindication."
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Inquirer's architecture writer, Inga Saffron, won the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for criticism on Monday for work the awards committee said blended "expertise, civic passion and sheer readability into arguments that consistently stimulate and surprise."
NEW YORK - Donna Tartt's "The Goldfinch," already among the most popular and celebrated novels of the past year, has won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction. One of the country's top colonial historians, Alan Taylor, has won his second Pulitzer, for "The Internal Enemy: Slavery and War In Virginia."
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregonian won a Pulitzer Prize on Monday for editorial writing for work that focused on reforms to the Public Employees Retirement System.
BOSTON - The Boston Globe has won a Pulitzer Prize for breaking news for its coverage of the Boston Marathon bombing.
DETROIT - Detroit Free Press columnist Stephen Henderson has been awarded a Pulitzer Prize for his commentary on the city's financial crisis, it was announced Monday.
AIKEN, South Carolina - The co-author of a Pulitzer Prize winning biography of the artist Jackson Pollock has died.