- New Mexico considers standby permit for uranium mine Updated: May-01-15 7:07 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Rio Grande Resources' underground mine in western New Mexico contains one of the largest stashes of uranium ore in the U.S., but it's idle and hasn't produced anything in years.
- Herbert: Uranium shouldn't be in Utah before federal review Updated: Apr-16-15 7:01 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert said Thursday that he wants federal regulators to review how hazardous a type nuclear waste is before it's buried in Utah's western desert.
- Former UNM law professor named chair of regulatory panel Updated: Apr-16-15 5:06 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A former University of New Mexico law professor and federal prosecutor is taking over as chair of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- US nuclear regulators to review Millstone with state panel Updated: Apr-11-15 3:35 pm
WATERFORD, Connecticut - Federal energy regulators and a local oversight panel are set to meet to discuss safety issues at Connecticut's sole nuclear plant.
- NRC holding open house to discuss Catawba Nuclear Updated: Apr-08-15 4:05 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Federal regulators are scheduled to discuss their recent assessment of a nuclear power plant in South Carolina.
- Nuclear plant regulators to discuss Lynchburg review Updated: Apr-08-15 3:20 am
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission will hold a public hearing later this month to discuss the results of a safety performance review at the Babcock & Wilcox nuclear fuel fabrication plant.