- Wyo. regulation of uranium mining would cost $4.5M Updated: Dec-04-13 6:52 pm
- Oroville Dam earthquake study recommended Updated: Nov-29-13 3:32 pm
- Disputed Pa. endangered species bill advances Updated: Nov-13-13 1:58 pm
- Ind. utility regulator criticized over job change Updated: Nov-13-13 1:56 pm
- NRC inspects WA nuclear plant for security Updated: Nov-13-13 12:38 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming would need six years and $4.5 million to take over regulation of the state's uranium industry from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, according to a new report released by the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality.
OROVILLE, California - California officials should conduct an earthquake safety assessment of a Northern California dam that is the linchpin of a major drinking water system in the state, according to a federal inspection obtained by a newspaper.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A bill that would shift final decisions on designating Pennsylvania's endangered species from the state's wildlife and fish agencies to a panel of five political appointees advanced a step in the state House of Representatives on Wednesday.
INDIANAPOLIS - Some consumer groups are criticizing an Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission member's move to a private organization that oversees the Midwestern electrical grid.
RICHLAND, Washington - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission conducted a special inspection of the Energy Northwest power plant near Richland because of a Sept. 12 incident related to security.