- Proposed western SD uranium mine clears hurdle Updated: Apr-10-14 9:31 am
- NRC to hold public meeting on Monticello safety Updated: Mar-30-14 5:04 am
- Earthquakes lead Texas agency to hire seismologist Updated: Mar-28-14 9:44 pm
- Lessons learned from 1979 Three Mile Island crisis Updated: Mar-28-14 11:49 am
- Sen. Rupp appointed to Mo. utility commission Updated: Mar-25-14 8:32 pm
- NRC: Vermont Yankee security violated procedures Updated: Mar-22-14 3:40 pm
- Gov Patrick shares concerns about Pilgrim plant Updated: Mar-20-14 6:00 pm
- Regulators fault high pay at Indianapolis utility Updated: Mar-20-14 1:55 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission has issued an operating license for a proposed uranium mine in western South Dakota's Black Hills, though it isn't the only hurdle for the project and opponents say they'll fight the move.
MONTICELLO, Minnesota - Officials from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission will hold a public meeting Monday night to discuss its latest safety review for Xcel Energy's nuclear power plant in Monticello.
AUSTIN, Texas - A key state agency has hired a seismologist, part of an effort to tackle a sudden increase in earthquakes in areas of Texas with significant oil and gas drilling activities.
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - In 1979, Hollis Stambaugh was in her fifth year as a city planner and emergency manager in Lancaster.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Republican state senator from suburban St. Louis has been appointed to serve on Missouri's utility regulatory commission.
VERNON, Vermont - Federal regulators say security officials at the Vermont Yankee plant violated Entergy Nuclear's safety procedures last November in how they dealt with a suspected pipe bomb.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick has written the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, expressing concerns about the safety of the Pilgrim nuclear power plant in Plymouth.
INDIANAPOLIS - State regulators criticized the pay of an Indianapolis utility company's top executives while decided to scale back a requested water rate increase.