- Detroit strikes 2nd deal with its other retirees Updated: Apr-16-14 12:28 am
- Lawmakers fail to approve bonding for Rupp project Updated: Apr-16-14 12:10 am
- Hawaii weighs expanded coverage for infertility Updated: Apr-16-14 12:05 am
- Lawmakers toughen accountability for districts Updated: Apr-15-14 11:01 pm
- Lawmakers OK expanding coalfield scholarship bill Updated: Apr-15-14 10:52 pm
- House panel advances governor's pension plan Updated: Apr-15-14 10:52 pm
- Senate votes against legislative guns in Capitol Updated: Apr-15-14 10:25 pm
- Julian Castro, Dan Patrick debate immigration Updated: Apr-15-14 10:08 pm
- La. Senate backs bill against levee board lawsuit Updated: Apr-15-14 9:22 pm
- Chicago-only casino option to face opposition Updated: Apr-15-14 9:17 pm
- Senate rejects revival of Grand Canyon U tax break Updated: Apr-15-14 9:07 pm
- Road-spending plan passes Kentucky legislature Updated: Apr-15-14 8:55 pm
- Governor signs surprise inspections abortion bill Updated: Apr-15-14 8:50 pm
- Oklahoma House passes state trooper pay raise bill Updated: Apr-15-14 8:28 pm
- No discussion on SC anti-domestic violence bills Updated: Apr-15-14 8:23 pm
- 4 pro-gun bills get initial nod in Arizona Senate Updated: Apr-15-14 8:13 pm
- House kills bill to remove La.'s anti-sodomy law Updated: Apr-15-14 8:02 pm
- Court: Man can seek office despite conviction Updated: Apr-15-14 7:59 pm
- Leaders await decision on Indiana Plan expansion Updated: Apr-15-14 7:59 pm
- Vermont Senate panel mulls police stun gun bill Updated: Apr-15-14 7:44 pm
- Cochran tops McDaniel in 2014 campaign fundraising Updated: Apr-15-14 7:35 pm
- Arizona bill would regulate health care navigators Updated: Apr-15-14 7:25 pm
- Colorado Democrats delay abortion-rights vote Updated: Apr-15-14 7:22 pm
- Hundreds pay respects to Joe Dini in Yerington Updated: Apr-15-14 7:01 pm
- Millions pumping through Minn. campaign stream Updated: Apr-15-14 6:49 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit pension fund that covers all retirees except former police officers and firefighters says it has reached a tentative agreement with the bankrupt city.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky lawmakers have gone home without voting on a proposal to provide state-backed bonding to help pay for the renovation of Rupp Arena.
HONOLULU - When Piilani Smith was diagnosed with infertility at the doctor's office and chose to pursue fertility treatment, she was shocked by what she learned.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill aimed at strengthening accountability standards for Kentucky's school districts has won final approval from state lawmakers.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Lawmakers have given final passage to a bill expanding a scholarship program for students in Kentucky's struggling coal regions.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The House Finance Committee advanced Gov. Sean Parnell's plan for addressing the state's pension obligation Tuesday, but the issue was not yet settled.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Legislators still must leave their guns at the door of the Louisiana Capitol.
SAN ANTONIO - Prominent Texas figures in the debate over the country's immigration policies took their dispute from Twitter to the airwaves on Tuesday, facing off in person for audiences on the Internet and Spanish-language television.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Senate has agreed to void a lawsuit that a south Louisiana flood board filed against more than 90 oil and gas companies for coastal damage.
SPRINGIFELD, Illinois - An Illinois lawmaker's proposal to expand gambling in Chicago, but not the rest of the state, will be the focus of a day of hearings that could get heated.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate on Tuesday narrowly rejected an effort to revive a proposal granting a private Christian university a major break on its property taxes.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky House and Senate lawmakers agreed Tuesday to a $4.1 billion road-spending plan on the Legislature's final day, avoiding an expensive special session.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's signing of bill allowing for snap inspections at abortion clinics will likely lead to another legal battle.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers could get their first pay raise in seven years under a plan given final legislative approval Tuesday, though it remains unclear whether money will be available in the overall state budget to fund the plan.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A Senate committee on Tuesday postponed discussion of legislation targeting domestic violence in South Carolina because the Senate session ran late.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate on Tuesday gave initial approval to four major pro-gun bills that Republicans said are necessary to protect 2nd Amendment rights.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana House overwhelmingly rejected a repeal of the state's unconstitutional anti-sodomy law Tuesday.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A split Iowa Supreme Court issued a ruling Tuesday that allows a Des Moines man to run for state Senate and affirms that second-offense drunken driving is not an infamous crime as defined by the Iowa Constitution.
INDIANAPOLIS - Two of the state's top Republican lawmakers said Tuesday that they would like to see the federal government sign off on an expansion of Medicaid through the state's health care plan for low-income residents, but they added that they have little idea how soon that could happen.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Some Vermont law enforcement officers told a Senate panel Tuesday that they favor legislation the House passed last month that would require new statewide standards on the use of stun guns by police.
JACKSON, Mississippi - U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran of Mississippi has raised more than three times as much campaign cash this year as Chris McDaniel, his challenger in the June 3 Republican primary.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate has given initial approval to a measure that would require extra licensing and background checks for health exchange navigators who help people buy coverage.
DENVER - Colorado Democrats launched an election-year showdown over abortion rights, then delayed their own proposal Tuesday to avoid a public defeat.
YERINGTON, Nevada - Several hundred of Joe Dini's friends, family and colleagues paid their last respects Tuesday at a funeral mass for the former, longtime Nevada Assembly speaker who was described as a quiet, humble man who became a "legislative giant" with a nose for compromise during more than three decades in the legislature.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Millions of campaign dollars already are coursing through the Minnesota campaign system, which should leave no shortage of biting commercials on television and brochures in mailboxes attempting to sway voters.