- California pushes to finish driverless car rules Updated: Mar-12-14 3:46 am
- NJ OKs new car dealer rule Tesla calls 'affront' Updated: Mar-11-14 9:46 pm
- NJ MVC approves disputed new car dealer rule Updated: Mar-11-14 5:55 pm
- Judge halts Big Island GMO registration rules Updated: Mar-10-14 2:26 pm
- Hawaii modified food bills battered but alive Updated: Mar-06-14 10:29 pm
- House passes bill to block Obama climate plan Updated: Mar-06-14 6:12 pm
- Porsche's hybrid sports car arrives via Ga. port Updated: Mar-06-14 4:22 pm
- Geneva: Automakers cast wary eye toward Russia Updated: Mar-04-14 1:23 pm
- Pilots defend safety of home-built planes Updated: Mar-02-14 12:10 am
- NASA's Calif. center renamed for Neil Armstrong Updated: Mar-01-14 1:37 pm
- Car-charging station at Mount Hood ski resort Updated: Feb-28-14 10:08 am
- Computer chip center marks 1st phase of Nano Utica Updated: Feb-28-14 3:07 am
- Wyoming top in CO2 per person amid new regulations Updated: Feb-27-14 6:29 pm
- Kauai County hires Honolulu firm for defense Updated: Feb-27-14 4:50 pm
- Noting tech needs, mining companies seek graphite Updated: Feb-27-14 5:44 am
- Wind farm at Washington State University Vancouver Updated: Feb-26-14 3:29 pm
- Va. governor signs repeal of hybrid vehicle tax Updated: Feb-26-14 11:41 am
- NASA turns research to California drought Updated: Feb-25-14 7:44 pm
- Executive optimistic about coal-to-liquids loan Updated: Feb-24-14 6:18 pm
- Boulder-built instrument key to satellite mission Updated: Feb-23-14 2:11 pm
- NASA suspends space capsule recovery test in ocean Updated: Feb-21-14 3:13 pm
- Bhutan, Nissan partner on electric cars Updated: Feb-21-14 6:16 am
- New Maine energy technology discussed in forum Updated: Feb-20-14 5:04 am
- County to vote on genetically modified crops Updated: Feb-19-14 6:46 pm
- Michigan-led team of engineers gets $1.6M Updated: Feb-14-14 10:22 am
LOS ANGELES - California is trying to do something unusual in this age of rapidly evolving technology - get ahead of a big new development before it goes public.
TRENTON, New Jersey - State motor vehicle officials have approved a regulation that would require all new car dealers to obtain franchise agreements to receive state licenses, a move critics say will hurt the electric-car industry's attempts to expand.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey motor vehicle officials have approved a new regulation that would require all new car dealers to obtain a franchise agreement in order to receive a state license.
HILO, Hawaii - A judge is putting on hold Hawaii County's registration requirements for growers of genetically modified crops.
HONOLULU - The chairwoman of the Hawaii House Agriculture Committee said Thursday she intends to fight for a bill that would establish a task force to study genetically modified foods.
WASHINGTON - Aiming at the heart of President Barack Obama's strategy for fighting climate change, the Republican-controlled House voted Thursday to block the administration's plan to limit carbon pollution from new power plants.
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - Porsche's new hybrid sports cars are arriving aboard ships docking at the Port of Brunswick.
GENEVA - Growing tensions over Ukraine have raised the specter of another slowdown in the European auto market, just as carmakers were beginning to count on a modest recovery from a six-year contraction.
WELLINGTON, Florida - Leonard McGarity flew countless miles during a quarter-century as an American Airlines pilot, captaining the most sophisticated planes in commercial aviation.
EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE, California - NASA's Southern California flight research center is being renamed in honor of astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man to step on the moon during the Apollo 11 mission in 1969.
GOVERNMENT CAMP, Oregon - Mount Hood Skibowl says it's the first ski resort in the country with a fast charging station for electric cars.
ALBANY, New York - The State University of New York's College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering says construction of the $125 million Computer Chip Commercialization Center at the SUNY Institute of Technology is ahead of schedule.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Turns out the worst state for carbon dioxide emissions per person isn't smoggy California or bustling New York, but a place famous for its big, clear skies: Wyoming.
HONOLULU - Kauai County says it's hired a Honolulu law firm to defend it against a lawsuit challenging a new law regulating the use of pesticides and the growing of genetically modified crops by large agricultural businesses.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Tear apart an electric car's rechargeable battery and you'll find a mineral normally associated with No. 2 pencils.
VANCOUVER, Washington - Thirty feet above the ground, the blades of five wind turbines rotated Tuesday as a slight breeze wafted through a field on the eastern border of the Washington State University Vancouver campus.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe has added his signature to legislation to repeal the state's $64 annual fee on hybrid vehicles.
FRESNO, California - NASA scientists have begun deploying satellites and other advanced technology to help California water officials assess the state's record drought and better manage it, officials said Tuesday.
CASPER, Wyoming - An official with a company developing a $2 billion plant that would turn coal into gasoline and other liquid fuels near Medicine Bow said he's once again optimistic the project could get a federal loan.
BOULDER, Colorado - A new satellite carrying critical instrumentation developed in Boulder is scheduled to be launched from Japan on Thursday.
SAN DIEGO - A training exercise designed to showcase the government's ability to recover a space capsule at sea was scrubbed after NASA ran into trouble off the Southern California coast, the space agency said Friday.
TOKYO - The Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan has tapped Nissan Motor Co. to supply electric cars for its taxis and government fleet, hoping to reduce reliance on imported oil.
PORTLAND, Maine - New energy technologies and niche paper products are among the topics being discussed at a timber industry forum in the Maine city of Portland.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The state of Oregon has banned local measures regulating genetically modified crops, but that hasn't stopped a group in Josephine County.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A University of Michigan-led team of engineers plans to use $1.6 million in funding from NASA to help develop a better description of turbulence.