- Wild place Brodin on injured reserve with broken foot Updated: Feb-06-16 2:39 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Wild have placed defenseman Jonas Brodin on injured reserve because of a broken foot.
- Blue Jays sign RHP Gavin Floyd to 1-year, $1M contract Updated: Feb-06-16 2:29 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays have signed right-hander Gavin Floyd to a one-year, $1 million dollar contract.
- Despite troubles aplenty, NFL and Super Bowl popular as ever Updated: Feb-06-16 1:27 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The headlines hit in a persistent stream this season, and the onslaught only grew steadier as the Super Bowl approached.
- Spurs hand Mavs largest halftime deficit in 116-90 blowout Updated: Feb-06-16 1:14 am
DALLAS - A large San Antonio contingent in the Dallas crowd chanted "go, Spurs, go" during a timeout with the Mavericks on their way to the biggest halftime deficit in franchise history.
- Arrieta, Cubs agree at $10.7M, AP source says Updated: Feb-06-16 12:42 am
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta and the Chicago Cubs found a number that worked in the canyon between their arbitration proposals.
- Stars' Spezza out after going head-first into boards Updated: Feb-05-16 10:01 pm
DALLAS - Dallas Stars forward Jason Spezza has been placed on injured reserve after he went head-first into the boards and left a game against Colorado.
- SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players Updated: Feb-05-16 6:46 pm
Projected starters and key players for the Super Bowl at Santa Clara, California:
- Reds outfield prospect Duran suspended for positive test Updated: Feb-05-16 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Cincinnati Reds outfield prospect Juan Duran has been suspended for the first 80 games of the season under Major League Baseball's drug program following a positive test for three performance-enhancing substances.
- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule Updated: Feb-05-16 5:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- 15 Hall of Fame finalists, 4 connected to Polian Updated: Feb-05-16 4:56 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Bill Polian entered the Pro Football Hall of Fame last year, making one of the most dynamic speeches heard at the Canton shrine.
- Column: There's a troubling new game in town: attack the ref Updated: Feb-05-16 4:54 pm
Usually, we come to criticize referees, umpires and those who officiate the games we play.
- Kozma, Pestano, Swarzak sign minor league deals with Yanks Updated: Feb-05-16 2:57 pm
NEW YORK - While the New York Yankees have not signed any free agents to major league contracts, they announced 15 minor league deals Friday.
- Boston College adds former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni Updated: Feb-05-16 1:58 pm
BOSTON - Boston College has hired former Syracuse and Connecticut head coach Paul Pasqualoni as a defensive line coach.
- Browner's social media posts forecast departure from Saints Updated: Feb-05-16 1:13 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Saints cornerback Brandon Browner has posted messages on social media saying farewell to New Orleans and alluding to the "next chapter" in his NFL career.
- David Aardsma agrees to minor league contract with Blue Jays Updated: Feb-05-16 11:42 am
Pitcher David Aardsma has agreed to a minor league contract with the Toronto Blue Jays and will report to big league spring training.
- Big spending Chinese clubs show global ambitions Updated: Feb-05-16 10:15 am
The European transfer window is not so European any more, with Chinese clubs outspending the continent's richest clubs in January to prove that the country is now a genuine power in attracting the world's best players.
- Wennberg lifts Blue Jackets over Canucks 2-1 in shootout Updated: Feb-05-16 3:21 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Columbus coach John Tortorella wasn't looking for any special fanfare in his first visit to Vancouver since the Canucks fired him after a single season.
- Toews scores 2nd goal in OT, Blackhawks beat Coyotes 5-4 Updated: Feb-05-16 1:06 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - Players from both teams raced through the wide-open overtime, leaving players gasping for air as they finished out shifts and tried getting to the bench.
- Capitals' Ovechkin scores winner in return vs. Islanders Updated: Feb-04-16 11:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Braden Holtby began feeling like he was playing the first game after a summer off, and Alex Ovechkin needed a few shifts to get back into a rhythm. Once they got going, the Washington Capitals were back to normal.
- Manziel not charged despite claims he hit ex-girlfriend Updated: Feb-04-16 9:42 pm
CLEVELAND - Despite disturbing allegations that he struck his ex-girlfriend, troubled Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel has not been charged with a crime and two Texas police departments have closed their cases on a possible assault.
- NFL critic crashes news conference about concussions Updated: Feb-04-16 9:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - An uninvited guest at the NFL's annual pre-Super Bowl news conference about health and safety, Chris Nowinski stood nearby and listened Thursday as one of the league's chief advisers about concussions declined to acknowledge a link between football and the brain disease called CTE.
- Union: Raiders, Jaguars far under spending minimum Updated: Feb-04-16 9:28 pm
- Fernando Rodney and Padres finalize $2 million, 1-year deal Updated: Feb-04-16 9:09 pm
SAN DIEGO - Reliever Fernando Rodney and the San Diego Padres completed their $2 million, one-year contract on Thursday.
- Florida hires Virginia Tech's Gray as defensive backs coach Updated: Feb-04-16 8:24 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida has hired Virginia Tech assistant Torrian Gray as its defensive backs coach.
- Orioles, LHP Matusz agree to $3.9 million, 1-year contract Updated: Feb-04-16 8:00 pm
BALTIMORE - The Orioles have reached agreement with left-hander Brian Matusz on a $3.9 million, one-year contract, avoiding arbitration.