- Reports: Zimmermann agrees to deal with Tigers Updated: Nov-29-15 10:34 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers have reportedly reached a deal with Jordan Zimmermann that would add the free agent right-hander to a starting rotation they were hoping to upgrade this offseason.
- Rutgers fires coach Flood and AD Hermann after 4-8 failure Updated: Nov-29-15 8:25 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers fired football coach Kyle Flood and athletic director Julie Hermann on Sunday, stripping the athletic department of its most prominent employees after a season that was a failure on and off the field.
- Memphis begins search, names Dickey interim head coach Updated: Nov-29-15 8:02 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis has named offensive coordinator Darrell Dickey interim head coach while it begins seeking a permanent replacement for Justin Fuente, who left Sunday to take over Virginia Tech's program.
- Virginia Tech hires Memphis' Justin Fuente to succeed Beamer Updated: Nov-29-15 4:18 pm
Virginia Tech hired Memphis' Justin Fuente as its next football coach Sunday, bringing a quick end to its search for a successor to Frank Beamer.
- Toledo's Matt Campbell named Iowa State coach Updated: Nov-29-15 3:46 pm
Toledo coach Matt Campbell left Ames in October 2014 with a 37-30 loss and a deep appreciation of Iowa State football.
- Penn State fires offensive coordinator Donovan Updated: Nov-29-15 2:01 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Penn State has fired offensive coordinator John Donovan and will begin a national search to find his replacement, the athletic department announced Sunday.
- Warriors run NBA-record start to 18-0, beat Kings 120-101 Updated: Nov-29-15 2:16 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry scored 19 points in Golden State's NBA-record 18th straight win at the start of a season, but what he didn't do against the Sacramento Kings was just as important to the defending champion Warriors.
- Toledo offers to make Campbell highest paid coach in MAC Updated: Nov-28-15 10:14 pm
Toledo's athletic director says the school has offered coach Matt Campbell a contract that would make him the highest paid coach in the Mid-American Conference.
- Titans activate Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil from practice squad Updated: Nov-28-15 2:41 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans have signed outside linebacker Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil from their practice squad and have waived wide receiver Rico Richardson.
- Tippett gets the title belt after 500th career win Updated: Nov-28-15 12:49 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Dave Tippett walked out of his postgame news conference to a hallway inside Gila River Arena, where a security guard tried to hand him the gaudy championship belt.
- Tulane fires Johnson after 3 losing seasons in 4 years Updated: Nov-28-15 12:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Tulane has fired coach Curtis Johnson after the Green Wave finished their third losing season in four years under the New Orleans native.
- Pelicans lose Davis to injury, Clippers win 111-90 Updated: Nov-28-15 2:09 am
LOS ANGELES - Doc Rivers rested all of his starters throughout the fourth quarter against New Orleans on Friday night, a rarity for the Clippers coach this season.
- Gerald Green scores 25, leads Heat to 97-78 rout of Knicks Updated: Nov-27-15 11:22 pm
NEW YORK - With the force of "The Hurricane," the Miami Heat once again blew away the Knicks.
- Payton's double-double powers Magic to 114-90 win over Bucks Updated: Nov-27-15 11:17 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Elfrid Payton has been inconsistent this season for the Orlando Magic.
- Hawaii hires Nevada offensive coordinator Rolovich as coach Updated: Nov-27-15 10:25 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii has hired Nevada offensive coordinator Nick Rolovich as its head football coach.
- Blue Jays bring back free-agent lefty Happ for $36M, 3 years Updated: Nov-27-15 10:11 pm
TORONTO - J.A. Happ is headed back to the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Amerson pushing for starting cornerback job with Raiders Updated: Nov-27-15 6:16 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Two months after wondering whether he still had a future in the NFL, cornerback David Amerson is inching closer to a starting job with the Oakland Raiders.
- Titans to start undrafted free agent at guard vs. Raiders Updated: Nov-27-15 2:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has switched up its offensive line again.
- Falcons' Freeman ruled out against Vikings with concussion Updated: Nov-27-15 2:39 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Running back Devonta Freeman, recovering from a concussion, will not play Sunday in the Atlanta Falcons' game against the Minnesota Vikings.
- Bucks' Jason Kidd suspended a game for conduct toward ref Updated: Nov-27-15 1:23 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA has suspended Milwaukee Bucks coach Jason Kidd for one game without pay for his aggressive conduct toward a referee.
- Saints place cornerback Lewis on injured reserve, add Owens Updated: Nov-26-15 8:20 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints have placed cornerback Keenan Lewis on injured reserve, ending his season.
- Stafford throws 5 TD passes, Lions beat Eagles 45-14 Updated: Nov-26-15 5:51 pm
DETROIT - Matthew Stafford dropped back and perfectly lofted the ball where only Calvin Johnson could catch it.
- Patriots sign McDonald, place Dobson on injured reserve Updated: Nov-26-15 5:14 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The New England Patriots signed defensive back Dewey McDonald to the 53-man roster Thursday and placed wide receiver Aaron Dobson on injured reserve.
- Cardinals place OLB Woodley on IR, sign DT Bryant Updated: Nov-26-15 4:53 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals have placed outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley on season-ending injured reserve with a torn pectoral muscle and signed longtime Seahawks defensive tackle Red Bryant.
- South Carolina's Shawn Elliott struggles with interim role Updated: Nov-26-15 11:46 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Interim South Carolina coach Shawn Elliott wanted his six-game tryout to end Saturday like the head coach on the other sideline - fans chanting his name and an athletic director eager to give him the job full-time.