- Padres catching prospect Austin Hedges called up to majors Updated: May-05-15 12:38 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Triple-A manager Pat Murphy had quite the trick to play on Austin Hedges for the catcher's first career callup to the major leagues.
- Bullpen struggles as Yankees lose 3-1 to Blue Jays Updated: May-04-15 11:44 pm
- Craig Counsell hired as Brewers manager after poor start Updated: May-04-15 11:12 pm
MILWAUKEE - Craig Counsell enjoyed a solid but unspectacular major league career, hitting .255 over 16 seasons. He is confident he will have more success as a manager.
- Martin gets tiebreaking hit, Blue Jays beat Yankees 3-1 Updated: May-04-15 11:02 pm
TORONTO - Russell Martin delivered a timely pinch hit - and gave Toronto's R.A. Dickey his first win of the season.
- Texans sign extension with LB Mercilus Updated: May-04-15 8:29 pm
- Raiders to cut ties with James Jones, Miles Burris Updated: May-04-15 8:26 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders are planning to release two starters from last year's team, cutting ties with receiver James Jones and linebacker Miles Burris.
- Blue Jays hitting coach Jacoby suspended 14 games Updated: May-04-15 7:45 pm
TORONTO - Blue Jays hitting coach Brook Jacoby has been suspended 14 games for his postgame conduct toward the umpires following an April 29 game at Boston.
- Saints sign 13 undrafted free agents, release 3 players Updated: May-04-15 7:42 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints signed 13 undrafted free agents and released three defensive reserves Monday.
- Broncos release T Paul Cornick, WR Jeremy Kelley Updated: May-04-15 7:41 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - The Denver Broncos continued their offensive line makeover by waiving second-year tackle Paul Cornick, who started three games each at right tackle and tight end last season.
- GM McCloughan focused on big schools in 1st draft with Skins Updated: May-04-15 6:44 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - General manager Scot McCloughan's first draft with the Washington Redskins appears to reflect some basic beliefs about building a team, including the importance of size - of the players, yes, but also their schools.
- Spurs facing most uncertain future ever under Popovich Updated: May-04-15 6:30 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The Spurs are facing their most uncertain future ever under Gregg Popovich.
- Shero hired as New Jersey Devils' general manager Updated: May-04-15 5:44 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - After a 28-year run, Lou Lamoriello is stepping down as the New Jersey Devils general manager and handing the job to Ray Shero.
- Panthers sign 10 undrafted rookie free agents Updated: May-04-15 5:41 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers announced they have signed 10 undrafted rookie free agents following this past weekend's NFL draft.
- Bills sign free agent defensive lineman Alex Carrington Updated: May-04-15 4:59 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - The Buffalo Bills have signed free agent defensive lineman Alex Carrington.
- Falcons sign former Titans fullback Collin Mooney Updated: May-04-15 4:15 pm
- MLB, union say players taken in draft can be traded earlier Updated: May-04-15 4:12 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Baseball and the players' association have agreed to change the rule that has kept first-round pick Trea Turner from joining his new team after a trade, though it will affect only future drafts.
- Vikings exercise contract options on Harrison Smith, Kalil Updated: May-04-15 3:09 pm
- Cowboys not picking up 5th year of Claiborne's rookie deal Updated: May-04-15 2:32 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys are not picking up the fifth-year option of Morris Claiborne's rookie contract, making the injury-plagued cornerback eligible for free agency after the 2015 season.
- 3 athletes with Montana ties sign free agent deals Updated: May-04-15 1:39 pm
Three football players with Montana ties have free agent deals with NFL teams after the draft ended.
- Counsell replaces Roenicke with Brewers after 7-18 start Updated: May-04-15 12:33 pm
MILWAUKEE - Former Milwaukee infielder Craig Counsell was hired Monday to manage the Brewers, about 12 hours after the team fired Ron Roenicke.
- NDSU and SDSU standouts getting a shot in the NFL Updated: May-04-15 7:37 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Standout North Dakota State University defensive end Kyle Emanuel has found a home in the NFL, while two standout college running backs in the Dakotas are getting shots in the pros.
- Tigers, Royals resume respectful rivalry with split Updated: May-04-15 3:05 am
- Dodgers acquire first baseman Andy Wilkins from Blue Jays Updated: May-04-15 12:41 am
- Royals' Lorenzo Cain drops appeal, begins serving suspension Updated: May-03-15 12:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Lorenzo Cain was hoping that nobody saw him throw the punch.
- No bluffing: Cowboys stick with defense as draft closes Updated: May-02-15 10:14 pm
IRVING, Texas - Dallas owner and general manager Jerry Jones wasn't bluffing when he said getting a running back wouldn't be a top priority in the draft, even though the Cowboys lost NFL rushing champion DeMarco Murray in free agency.