- AP source: Magic agree to new 4-year deal with Tobias Harris Updated: Jul-04-15 1:45 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A person with knowledge of the details says Tobias Harris has agreed to sign a new contract to remain with the Orlando Magic.
- LaMarcus Aldridge chooses the San Antonio Spurs Updated: Jul-04-15 1:32 pm
LaMarcus Aldridge is heading back home to Texas and the San Antonio Spurs are heading back to the top of the list of favorites in the Western Conference.
- GB Packers tight end Quarless charged with firing a gun Updated: Jul-04-15 1:24 pm
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - Green Bay Packers tight end Andrew Quarless has been arrested for allegedly firing two shots into the air during an argument outside a Miami Beach parking garage.
- Washington Capitals sign free-agent G Dan Ellis Updated: Jul-04-15 12:44 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Free-agent goalie Dan Ellis signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Washington Capitals.
- Tigers' Cabrera on DL for 1st time, out 6 weeks Updated: Jul-04-15 12:14 pm
DETROIT - Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera will be sidelined with a calf injury for at least six weeks after the Tigers placed the AL batting leader on the disabled list for the first time in his career.
- Predators sign Cody Bass to 1-year, two-way contract Updated: Jul-04-15 11:54 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators have signed free-agent forward Cody Bass to a one-year, two-way contract.
- Angels win 8-2 in 1st game vs. Texas since trading Hamilton Updated: Jul-04-15 12:32 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - The way Angels manager Mike Scioscia looked at things, there really wasn't anything unusual seeing Josh Hamilton playing for the other team.
- Rockets bringing back spark plugs Brewer, Beverley Updated: Jul-03-15 11:45 pm
Daryl Morey didn't let the market dry up while he was waiting to hear from another star free agent about coming to Houston.
- Rangers' Hamilton has no emotions facing Angels for 1st time Updated: Jul-03-15 11:23 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton insisted that he had no extra emotions playing the Angels for the first time since Los Angeles traded him back to Texas.
- Uribe's HR lifts Teheran, Braves to 2-1 win over Phillies Updated: Jul-03-15 11:17 pm
ATLANTA - Julio Teheran can't explain the dramatic gap between his home success and road struggles.
- AP source: Derrick Williams agrees to 2 years with Knicks Updated: Jul-03-15 11:00 pm
Derrick Williams is headed to New York looking for another chance to fulfill the promise he once showed.
- LA Kings re-sign D Jamie McBain to 1-year deal Updated: Jul-03-15 9:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Defenseman Jamie McBain has agreed to a one-year deal to return to the Los Angeles Kings.
- Anaheim Ducks sign Shawn Horcoff to 1-year, $1.75 mill deal Updated: Jul-03-15 9:18 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Veteran center Shawn Horcoff has agreed to a one-year, $1.75 million deal with the Anaheim Ducks.
- AP sources: Kings agree to deals with Rondo, Belinelli Updated: Jul-03-15 8:50 pm
After missing targets at the start of free agency, the Sacramento Kings finally filled out their backcourt Friday.
- Saad signs 6-year, $36 million deal with Columbus Updated: Jul-03-15 8:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Stanley Cup winner Brandon Saad signed a six-year, $36 million contract with his new team, the Columbus Blue Jackets, on Friday.
- AP source: Knicks agree to deal with center Robin Lopez Updated: Jul-03-15 8:15 pm
NEW YORK - Robin Lopez is joining the Knicks, turning New York's NBA rivalry into a family affair.
- Sharks sign veteran forward Joel Ward to 3-year deal Updated: Jul-03-15 6:39 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks signed veteran forward Joel Ward to a three-year contract Friday.
- Wizards agree to $2.1M, 1-year deal with SG Gary Neal Updated: Jul-03-15 6:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Free-agent shooting guard Gary Neal has agreed to a $2.1 million, one-year contract with the Washington Wizards.
- With Dragic and Wade back, Heat moving forward Updated: Jul-03-15 6:35 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - On the first day of free agency, Goran Dragic committed to return.
- AP sources: Mavericks, DeAndre Jordan agree to 4-year deal Updated: Jul-03-15 5:35 pm
DALLAS - DeAndre Jordan has chosen the Mavericks over the Los Angeles Clippers in what turned into a tense boom-or-bust wait for Dallas in pursuit of the free-agent center.
- O'Reilly signs $52.5 million, 7-year extension with Sabres Updated: Jul-03-15 5:20 pm
The Buffalo Sabres have made newly acquired forward Ryan O'Reilly their highest-paid player by signing him to a $52.5 million, seven-year contract extension on Friday.
- Rangers trade former 1st-round pick Jake Skole to Yankees Updated: Jul-03-15 4:43 pm
- Hurricanes hire Mark Morris as minor-league coach Updated: Jul-03-15 3:44 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Carolina Hurricanes have hired veteran coach Mark Morris to coach their AHL affiliate in Charlotte.
- Cuba confirms defection of 2 baseball players during US trip Updated: Jul-03-15 3:33 pm
HAVANA - Two Cuban baseball players have defected while in the United States for a series of games against U.S. collegians, the island's official sports media confirmed.
- Oilers sign No. 1 pick McDavid to 3-year, entry-level deal Updated: Jul-03-15 1:56 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Connor McDavid played 66 junior games for the Erie Otters this season and seven more at the world junior championship. Even when the hockey stopped, there was more to do.