- Astros call up prized prospect George Springer Updated: Apr-16-14 2:08 am
- Cole loses, Pirates beaten by Reds 7-5 for split Updated: Apr-15-14 11:53 pm
- Leake's HR leads Reds over Pirates 7-5 for split Updated: Apr-15-14 11:41 pm
- Panthers jump Sabres to win NHL draft lottery Updated: Apr-15-14 9:59 pm
- Sabres looking to rebuild quickly Updated: Apr-15-14 9:29 pm
- Chad Johnson takes steps toward CFL comeback Updated: Apr-15-14 8:03 pm
- Ex-Minnesota State, Mankato coach returning to job Updated: Apr-15-14 7:57 pm
- Injured Anthony will sit out Knicks' last 2 games Updated: Apr-15-14 7:50 pm
- Atletico Mineiro backs off deal to sign Anelka Updated: Apr-15-14 7:48 pm
- Titans LB Phillips likes move to 3-4 defense Updated: Apr-15-14 7:47 pm
- Reds lose to Pirates 8-7 in suspended game Updated: Apr-15-14 7:26 pm
- Vikings praise Zimmer's passion, intensity Updated: Apr-15-14 6:54 pm
- Hoisting the Cup without a hot goalie hard to do Updated: Apr-15-14 6:21 pm
- Flyers goalie Steve Mason iffy for playoffs Updated: Apr-15-14 6:12 pm
- Steelers sign P Adam Podlesh Updated: Apr-15-14 6:03 pm
- Oshie, Morrow practice for Blues Updated: Apr-15-14 5:24 pm
- Wizards' coach Wittman finally makes the playoffs Updated: Apr-15-14 5:24 pm
- Blue Jackets don't mind all those who doubt them Updated: Apr-15-14 5:13 pm
- Western Illinois hires Wright as basketball coach Updated: Apr-15-14 4:13 pm
- Charles back home to play for New York Liberty Updated: Apr-15-14 4:05 pm
- No Drew: Steinbrenner: 'I'm pretty content' Updated: Apr-15-14 3:59 pm
- 49ers sign WR Brandon Lloyd to 1-year deal Updated: Apr-15-14 2:03 pm
- Hockey team, circus, battle over arena time slot Updated: Apr-15-14 9:08 am
- Young scores 41 to lead Lakers past Jazz, 119-104 Updated: Apr-15-14 12:29 am
- Noah leads Bulls to 108-95 win over Magic Updated: Apr-14-14 11:59 pm
HOUSTON - Prized prospect George Springer says he will join the Houston Astros from Triple-A Oklahoma City on Wednesday.
CINCINNATI - Gerrit Cole wasn't at all surprised that his winning streak was broken by another pitcher swinging the bat.
CINCINNATI - Mike Leake still thinks of himself as a hitter. He's even holding a bat on one of his 2014 baseball cards.
NHL draft lottery losers last year, the Florida Panthers had their number come up this year.
BUFFALO, New York - Tim Murray's vision of rebuilding the Buffalo Sabres involves several things.
VERO BEACH, Florida - Chad Johnson made a sharp cut to free himself from a defender, and then hauled in a pass at the 53-yard line.
MINNEAPOLIS - The football coach fired from Minnesota State, Mankato announced Tuesday that he will return to the job after an arbitrator ruled he was wrongfully terminated, saying the decision wasn't easy but that it would help him and his family heal.
NEW YORK - Carmelo Anthony's will miss the final two games with a torn labrum in his right shoulder, ending his first playoff-less season and potentially his New York Knicks career.
SAO PAULO - Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro said Tuesday that it will not sign former France striker Nicolas Anelka because the player took too long to report to the club.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Shaun Phillips has seen a lot of change in his 10 years in the NFL. The linebacker believes that Tennessee's switch to a hybrid 3-4 defensive scheme helps the Titans keep up with the rest of the league.
CINCINNATI - No homers, no two-out hits. The Reds were all out of them once the game resumed.
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings clearly have the energy, excitement and enthusiasm of a team with a new coaching staff.
The NHL playoffs have arrived, which means it's time for the goalies to get going.
VOORHEES, New Jersey - Steve Mason kept the Philadelphia Flyers afloat when they struggled early in the season. Now they may have to start the playoffs without their No. 1 goalie.
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues are getting closer to the lineup that set a franchise record for victories and challenged for first place overall, instead of the patchwork roster that lost six in a row to finish the regular season.
WASHINGTON - No one in NBA history has coached more games with less success than Randy Wittman.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets don't mind all the doubters.
MACOMB, Illinois - Western Illinois has named Billy Wright as its new men's basketball coach.
NEW YORK - Tina Charles just wanted to come home and play alongside Cappie Pondexter at Madison Square Garden.
NEW YORK - Despite a string of infield injuries, Yankees fans shouldn't expect New York to add free-agent Stephen Drew.
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco 49ers have signed wide receiver Brandon Lloyd to a one-year contract.
LEWISTON, Maine - There will either be a hockey game or a circus at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in Lewiston on Saturday night, but exactly which has yet to be determined.
SALT LAKE CITY - Nick Young gave the Lakers a reason to smile near the end of this gloomy season.
CHICAGO - There's just one game remaining in the regular season and the NBA playoffs begin on Saturday.