- New York Giants sign veteran safety Stevie Brown Updated: Aug-31-15 1:38 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Safety Stevie Brown is back with the New York Giants.
- Wolfsburg snatches Germany midfielder Draxler from Schalke Updated: Aug-31-15 1:33 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Awash in cash, Wolfsburg broke its club transfer record by signing Germany midfielder Julian Draxler from Schalke on the final day of the European transfer window Monday.
- No settlement: Goodell, Brady await 'Deflategate' ruling Updated: Aug-31-15 12:29 pm
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady attended last-minute settlement talks between the NFL and its players union Monday before a judge announced he would decide the dispute over deflated footballs with a ruling in a day or two.
- Veteran running back Fred Jackson among 12 cut by Bills Updated: Aug-31-15 11:48 am
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Fred Jackson's tenure with the Buffalo Bills is over after the veteran running back, respected team leader and fan favorite was released on Monday.
- Broncos trade Clark, cut Walker, Stewart Updated: Aug-31-15 11:32 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - The Denver Broncos traded offensive tackle Chris Clark to Houston on Monday, released veteran linebacker Reggie Walker and placed rookie tight end Jeff Hauerman on injured reserved.
- Broncos trade tackle Chris Clark to Houston Updated: Aug-31-15 11:27 am
- Indians President Mark Shapiro is bound for Blue Jays Updated: Aug-31-15 11:20 am
CLEVELAND - Mark Shapiro's baseball life has been with the Indians. He rose through their front office, helped build them into winners and directed their stadium renovation. He did it all, but fell short of a World Series title.
- Morton resigns as assistant basketball coach at Seton Hall Updated: Aug-31-15 10:51 am
SOUTH ORANGE, New Jersey - Dwayne Morton has resigned as an assistant basketball coach at Seton Hall.
- Monaco puts money first with Martial expected sale Updated: Aug-31-15 9:02 am
PARIS - Not so long ago, Monaco was splashing cash to lure football's biggest stars. In a complete change of commercial strategy, it is now getting rid of Anthony Martial, one of the brightest young players in French football.
- Flores helps Mets surge in fascinating deadline postscript Updated: Aug-31-15 2:57 am
For the New York Mets, August has been like a dream, and nothing sums up their charmed life better than the saga of Wilmer Flores.
- LEADING OFF: Giants, Dodgers face off; Salazar back from bug Updated: Aug-30-15 11:35 pm
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues Monday:
- Bears terminate cornerback Tim Jennings' contract Updated: Aug-30-15 10:34 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - The Chicago Bears terminated two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Tim Jennings' contract Sunday and placed safety Ryan Mundy on season-ending injured reserve because of a hip problem.
- Indians owner Paul Dolan looking for minority investor Updated: Aug-30-15 10:04 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians owner Paul Dolan is looking for a minority investment partner for his franchise.
- Backup center JD Walton among those released by Dolphins Updated: Aug-30-15 7:59 pm
MIAMI - Backup center J.D. Walton has been released by the Miami Dolphins, an indication center Mike Pouncey's left knee injury isn't serious.
- NL East-leading Mets get reliever Addison Reed from Arizona Updated: Aug-30-15 6:48 pm
NEW YORK - The NL East-leading New York Mets acquired reliever Addison Reed from Arizona for two minor league pitchers Sunday, completing a trade they hope will bolster their late-inning bullpen.
- Santana sharp at home in Twins' win Updated: Aug-30-15 6:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Even though Ervin Santana has been going through one of the toughest stretches of his career, he hasn't lost his smile.
- Diamondbacks option reliever Chafin to minors Updated: Aug-30-15 4:47 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks optioned left-hander Andrew Chafin to Triple-A Reno on Sunday so the young reliever can rest.
- Man City breaks transfer record again to sign De Bruyne Updated: Aug-30-15 12:27 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City demonstrated its financial might by breaking the club's transfer record for the second time this summer to sign Kevin de Bruyne on Sunday, making the Belgium midfielder the second most-expensive player in English football history.
- Jets cut 12 players, including 5 wide receivers Updated: Aug-30-15 12:21 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The New York Jets have released 12 players, including five wide receivers, reducing their roster to 78 a day after defeating the Giants 28-18.
- Manning on the run in Denver's 19-12 win over 49ers Updated: Aug-30-15 1:43 am
DENVER - Sure, Peyton Manning said, he'd like to have played more this summer - and better.
- Falcons announce 5-year contract extension for Julio Jones Updated: Aug-29-15 11:15 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Falcons agreed to a $71.25 million, five-year contract extension with Julio Jones on Saturday that compares favorably with recent deals paid to other top wide receivers.
- Manuel excels in Bills' 43-19 preseason win over Steelers Updated: Aug-29-15 9:24 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Rex Ryan said it's finally time to select the Buffalo Bills starting quarterback.
- Redskins' LT Trent Williams agrees to new 5-year contract Updated: Aug-29-15 8:21 pm
BALTIMORE - Washington Redskins left tackle Trent Williams agreed to terms Saturday on a new five-year contract that comes with $32 million in guaranteed money.
- Jaguars waive WR Tandon Doss, 11 others to trim roster to 75 Updated: Aug-29-15 5:02 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars have waived veteran receiver Tandon Doss and 11 others to reduce their roster to 75 players.
- Cubit tries to focus on football amid Illinois uncertainty Updated: Aug-29-15 10:45 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Next up for Bill Cubit is Illinois' season opener against Kent State, and that's it. The interim coach is focused on what he can control at the troubled school.