- AP Interview: Union head Tony Clark pitches for more jobs Updated: Feb-11-16 1:38 pm
NEW YORK - With spring training approaching and dozens of players still seeking jobs, union leader Tony Clark concluded baseball's current system needs change.
- Giants hire former Lions general manager for front office Updated: Feb-11-16 12:11 pm
- Marshall hires Pepe Pearson as RB coach Updated: Feb-11-16 8:39 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall has hired Pepe Pearson as running backs coach.
- Lillard scores 31 as surging Blazers beat Rockets 116-103 Updated: Feb-11-16 3:00 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Houston Rockets are "broken," according to their coach and star player. The Portland Trail Blazers are in the middle of their best run of basketball all season.
- Hornets take advantage of Pacers' poor defense in 117-95 win Updated: Feb-10-16 11:12 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Kemba Walker and Jeremy Lamb got a chance to reminisce Wednesday night.
- Grizzlies rout Nets in 1st game since Gasol's broken foot Updated: Feb-10-16 10:57 pm
NEW YORK - A tough couple days gave way to an easy night for the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Correction: Super Bowl-Broncos Parade story Updated: Feb-10-16 6:57 pm
DENVER - In a story Feb. 9 about Denver celebrating the Broncos Super Bowl victory, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of a fan and several of her relatives. The fan was Dorothy Ayze, not Ayce. Her daughter is Judy Klade, not Judy Ayce. Her granddaughter is Amanda Skenadore, not Amanda Ayce.
- Beason retires, Schwartz and Beatty released by Giants Updated: Feb-10-16 6:11 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants have started to restructure their roster for their first season under coach Ben McAdoo.
- Kenyan athletes allege doping bribery Updated: Feb-10-16 5:44 pm
EMBU, Kenya - Two Kenyan athletes serving four-year bans for doping at the 2015 world championships say the chief executive of Athletics Kenya, the country's governing body for track and field, asked them each for a $24,000 bribe to reduce their suspensions.
- Browns linebacker Armonty Bryant indicted on drug charges Updated: Feb-10-16 5:14 pm
CLEVELAND - Browns linebacker Armonty Bryant has been indicted on two felony drug charges.
- Belt, Giants agree at $6.2 million just before hearing Updated: Feb-10-16 4:10 pm
PHOENIX - First baseman Brandon Belt and the San Francisco Giants have agreed to a $6.2 million, one-year contract.
- Whiteside remains an enigma, and ejection won't help Updated: Feb-10-16 12:35 pm
MIAMI - Hassan Whiteside leads the NBA in blocked shots, ranks fifth league-wide in rebounds per game and has all three of Miami's triple-doubles this season.
- Moreland's $5.7M deal with Rangers avoids arbitration Updated: Feb-10-16 9:08 am
PHOENIX - First baseman Mitch Moreland has agreed to a $5.7 million, one-year contract with the Texas Rangers, avoiding a salary arbitration hearing set for Wednesday.
- Ex-Tigers pitcher loses bid for new trial in contract case Updated: Feb-10-16 6:26 am
HOWELL, Michigan - A judge has rejected a request by ex-Detroit Tigers pitcher Denny McLain for a new trial in a breach-of-contract case.
- Panthers turn page to 2016 after deflating Super Bowl loss Updated: Feb-10-16 2:42 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Dave Gettleman has been on both ends of the spectrum when it comes to Super Bowl - winning two with the New York Giants as a front office assistant and losing on Sunday as general manager of the Carolina Panthers.
- Johansson has goal, 2 assists as Caps beat Predators 5-3 Updated: Feb-10-16 1:07 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A return to Nashville for Washington Capitals coach Barry Trotz was nice, but winning was even better.
- Scheifele's goal gives Jets 2-1 shootout win over Blues Updated: Feb-10-16 12:43 am
ST. LOUIS - Mark Scheifele looked like a player who had scored plenty of shootout goals. The Winnipeg Jets looked like a team that could play with one of the NHL's best.
- Wall, Wizards ruin Rambis' Knicks debut with 111-108 win Updated: Feb-09-16 11:59 pm
- Clippard says D-backs' potential drew him to Arizona Updated: Feb-09-16 11:55 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever Tyler Clippard says that Arizona's potential to contend for a title was a big reason he signed with the Diamondbacks.
- Hubbs, Tennessee breeze past ice-cold Auburn 71-45 Updated: Feb-09-16 10:19 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Robert Hubbs III and Devon Baulkman broke out of their personal slumps while Auburn remained as cold as ever.
- Sports costs at ESPN weigh down Disney's Force-ful quarter Updated: Feb-09-16 7:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - ESPN, the sports network that drives Disney's profit engine, has hit a soft patch. Subscribers have fallen by about 7.2 million over the last three years, according to Nielsen, and it's coming off a round of layoffs in the latest quarter. As more people cut the cord to watch programming online, its perch on top of the pay TV empire is looking unsteady at best.
- Clippers suspend Blake Griffin 4 games without pay for punch Updated: Feb-09-16 6:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin was suspended four games without pay on Tuesday for punching a team staff member, and the Los Angeles Clippers will dock the star forward's pay for an additional game because he broke his shooting hand.
- Raiders cut ties with S Nate Allen after 1 season in Oakland Updated: Feb-09-16 5:30 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have terminated the contract of safety Nate Allen.
- Colts release Ryan Lindley, hire 5 new assistant coaches Updated: Feb-09-16 5:29 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts released backup quarterback Ryan Lindley and hired new assistants to their coaching staff Tuesday.
- Browns deny lying about Johnny Manziel's concussion Updated: Feb-09-16 4:55 pm
CLEVELAND - The Browns are defending their handling of Johnny Manziel's late-season concussion.