- Indians sign free agent reliever Joba Chamberlain Updated: Dec-01-15 11:10 am
CLEVELAND - The Indians have signed free agent reliever Joba Chamberlain to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.
- Southern Illinois fires head football coach Dale Lennon Updated: Dec-01-15 9:43 am
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Southern Illinois has fired head football coach Dale Lennon.
- Panthers add veteran CB Finnegan to the mix on defense Updated: Dec-01-15 9:22 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Panthers say they have signed veteran cornerback Cortland Finnegan and released long snapper Danny Aiken.
- USD hires consultant to help search for new football coach Updated: Dec-01-15 8:41 am
VERMILLION, South Dakota - The University of South Dakota has hired Atlanta-based consulting company College Sports Solutions to help in the search for a new head football coach.
- Royals and reliever Tim Collins agree to 1-year deal Updated: Dec-01-15 1:23 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Relief pitcher Tim Collins and the Kansas City Royals have agreed to a one-year contract for $1,475,000.
- RHP Jim Johnson returning to Braves for $2.5M, 1-year deal Updated: Nov-30-15 10:00 pm
ATLANTA - Reliever Jim Johnson is returning to the Atlanta Braves, agreeing to a $2.5 million, one-year contract.
- Rutgers AD Hobbs starts search for next football coach Updated: Nov-30-15 9:23 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers newly appointed athletic director Patrick Hobbs is determined to hire a football coach quickly.
- Zimmermann's arrival signals Tigers' willingness to spend Updated: Nov-30-15 8:24 pm
DETROIT - Jordan Zimmermann's arrival in Detroit is encouraging news for Tigers fans because of what he can bring to the starting rotation - and what his contract signals about the team's willingness to spend.
- Hawaii introduces new head football coach Nick Rolovich Updated: Nov-30-15 8:14 pm
HONOLULU - New Hawaii head coach Nick Rolovich said Monday he plans to focus on the bonds his players develop with one another, not on any specific offense or defense, as he tries to bring the Rainbow Warriors back from a losing record.
- Pena agrees to $5M, 2-year deal as Molina's backup on Cards Updated: Nov-30-15 7:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - Free agent catcher Brayan Pena has agreed to a $5 million, two-year contract with the St. Louis Cardinals, where he will be the backup for All-Star Yadier Molina.
- Bills place defensive lineman Carrington on season-ending IR Updated: Nov-30-15 6:06 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Add lineman Alex Carrington and linebacker Nigel Bradham to the Buffalo Bills defense's growing list of injured players.
- Fresno State fires offensive coordinator Dave Schramm Updated: Nov-30-15 4:22 pm
FRESNO, California - Fresno State has fired offensive coordinator Dave Schramm following a three-win season.
- Dolphins fire offensive coordinator Lazor after loss at Jets Updated: Nov-30-15 2:27 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Miami Dolphins interim coach Dan Campbell is running out of time to make a good impression, so he's going with a new play caller to jump-start his feeble offense.
- Indianapolis loses RB Bradshaw with season-ending injury Updated: Nov-30-15 1:42 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Colts running back Ahmad Bradshaw will miss the rest of this season after injuring his wrist in Sunday's 25-12 victory over Tampa Bay.
- Happ's $36M, 3-year deal with Jays is back-loaded Updated: Nov-30-15 1:37 pm
TORONTO - J.A. Happ's deal with the Toronto Blue Jays is slightly back-loaded.
- Rutgers fires coach Flood and AD Hermann after 4-8 failure Updated: Nov-29-15 8:25 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers fired football coach Kyle Flood and athletic director Julie Hermann on Sunday, stripping the athletic department of its most prominent employees after a season that was a failure on and off the field.
- Memphis begins search, names Dickey interim head coach Updated: Nov-29-15 8:02 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis has named offensive coordinator Darrell Dickey interim head coach while it begins seeking a permanent replacement for Justin Fuente, who left Sunday to take over Virginia Tech's program.
- Toledo's Matt Campbell named Iowa State coach Updated: Nov-29-15 3:46 pm
Toledo coach Matt Campbell left Ames in October 2014 with a 37-30 loss and a deep appreciation of Iowa State football.
- Penn State fires offensive coordinator Donovan Updated: Nov-29-15 2:01 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Penn State has fired offensive coordinator John Donovan and will begin a national search to find his replacement, the athletic department announced Sunday.
- Warriors run NBA-record start to 18-0, beat Kings 120-101 Updated: Nov-29-15 2:16 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry scored 19 points in Golden State's NBA-record 18th straight win at the start of a season, but what he didn't do against the Sacramento Kings was just as important to the defending champion Warriors.
- Toledo offers to make Campbell highest paid coach in MAC Updated: Nov-28-15 10:14 pm
Toledo's athletic director says the school has offered coach Matt Campbell a contract that would make him the highest paid coach in the Mid-American Conference.
- Titans activate Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil from practice squad Updated: Nov-28-15 2:41 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans have signed outside linebacker Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil from their practice squad and have waived wide receiver Rico Richardson.
- Tippett gets the title belt after 500th career win Updated: Nov-28-15 12:49 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Dave Tippett walked out of his postgame news conference to a hallway inside Gila River Arena, where a security guard tried to hand him the gaudy championship belt.
- Tulane fires Johnson after 3 losing seasons in 4 years Updated: Nov-28-15 12:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Tulane has fired coach Curtis Johnson after the Green Wave finished their third losing season in four years under the New Orleans native.
- Pelicans lose Davis to injury, Clippers win 111-90 Updated: Nov-28-15 2:09 am
LOS ANGELES - Doc Rivers rested all of his starters throughout the fourth quarter against New Orleans on Friday night, a rarity for the Clippers coach this season.