- Judge: No 'Deflategate' ruling yet, despite bogus tweet Updated: Sep-01-15 6:21 pm
NEW YORK - A New York judge has reiterated that he'll rule by Friday whether New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady must serve a four-game suspension for "Deflategate."
- Facebook post costs newly hired Neb stadium announcer job Updated: Sep-01-15 6:09 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A months-old Facebook post has cost the Nebraska football stadium announcer his job one day after his hiring was announced.
- Transfer window: Club rifts, failed moves, record spend Updated: Sep-01-15 6:06 pm
LONDON - A record $1.3 billion was spent by English Premier League clubs in the summer transfer window.
- Ex-Bills RB Fred Jackson meeting with the Seahawks Updated: Sep-01-15 6:02 pm
RENTON, Washington - After being released by the Buffalo Bills, running back Fred Jackson is looking for an opportunity to reunite with former teammate Marshawn Lynch in Seattle.
- OF Chris Heisey returns to Dodgers in deal with Toronto Updated: Sep-01-15 5:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers acquired outfielder Chris Heisey from the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations in a minor league deal.
- Browns cut tackle Phil Taylor, former first-round pick Updated: Sep-01-15 5:44 pm
BEREA, Ohio - The Browns cut big Phil Taylor and swallowed his beefy contract.
- Case Keenum wins job as Rams backup QB Updated: Sep-01-15 5:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - When the Rams pulled off their blockbuster trade of Sam Bradford to the Eagles for Nick Foles back in the offseason, they also sent a seventh-round pick to the Texans to re-acquire Case Keenum.
- Jets tight end Amaro out for season with shoulder injury Updated: Sep-01-15 4:59 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Jace Amaro's shoulder injury is worse than initially expected.
- Giants place Beatty on reserve PUP in cutting to 74 Updated: Sep-01-15 4:47 pm
EASTY RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants have put starting left tackle Will Beatty on the reserve/physically unable to perform list in reducing their roster to 74 players.
- Punter Michiael Koenen released as Bucs trim roster to 75 Updated: Sep-01-15 4:46 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers released punter Michael Koenen and placed defensive tackle Akeem Spence on the reserve/physically unable to perform list while trimming the roster to the NFL limit of 75 players for the final preseason game.
- Cowboys put Scandrick on IR, make other moves to get to 75 Updated: Sep-01-15 4:25 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Cowboys have placed cornerback Orlando Scandrick on season-ending injured reserve following surgery for torn ligaments in his right knee amid moves to get down to 75 players.
- Carolina's Staal, Ward focusing on the ice, not contracts Updated: Sep-01-15 4:08 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Eric Staal and Cam Ward aren't worrying now about their uncertain futures with the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Veteran punter Brandon Fields released by Dolphins Updated: Sep-01-15 3:56 pm
DAVIE, Florida - The Miami Dolphins' locker room has been so crowded during the exhibition season that undrafted rookie Matt Darr was forced to share a stall with another player.
- Montee Ball fighting for roster spot with Broncos Updated: Sep-01-15 3:36 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Montee Ball predicted in the spring that he'd unseat Pro Bowler C.J. Anderson as the Denver Broncos' starting running back.
- Bengals put OT Ogbuehi on injury list, out for 6 weeks Updated: Sep-01-15 3:28 pm
CINCINNATI - The Bengals placed top draft pick Cedric Ogbuehi on an injury list Tuesday, getting down to the 75-man roster limit.
- United-Madrid blame game after De Gea deadline-day debacle Updated: Sep-01-15 3:02 pm
MADRID - The deadline arrived, but the announcement never did.
- Agent: Saints trade Saunders to Patriots for draft pick Updated: Sep-01-15 1:42 pm
- Man United moves for Martial as rivals stay quiet Updated: Sep-01-15 1:36 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United took a gamble in making French forward Anthony Martial the most expensive teenager in football history as Premier League spending in the summer transfer window reached record levels on Tuesday.
- Agent says Saints placing Spencer on injured reserve Updated: Sep-01-15 1:21 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The agent for New Orleans Saints veteran Anthony Spencer says the former Pro Bowl linebacker will be placed on injured reserve, ending his season.
- Titans place 2 on injured reserve, waive 2 to reach 75 limit Updated: Sep-01-15 11:21 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans have placed wide receiver Andrew Turzilli and linebacker Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil on injured reserve and waived two others in trimming their roster to 75 players.
- Giants acquire OF De Aza in trade with Red Sox Updated: Sep-01-15 1:21 am
- Price loses for first time with Jays as Indians win 4-2 Updated: Sep-01-15 12:09 am
TORONTO - Six starts into his tenure with the Toronto Blue Jays, David Price tasted defeat for the first time.
- Salazar fans 10, Indians beat Jays 4-2 Updated: Aug-31-15 11:36 pm
TORONTO - Still recovering from an illness that forced him to miss a start last week, Cleveland's Danny Salazar had only one thing on his mind after beating the Toronto Blue Jays.
- AL Central-leading Royals make deal to get Gomes from Braves Updated: Aug-31-15 11:03 pm
ATLANTA - Now that he's officially on the move from Atlanta, Jonny Gomes is excited to be joining the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals.
- Romo's quirky eye issue pops up again, but concern doesn't Updated: Aug-31-15 9:32 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo practiced Monday, with his left eye looking better after his second bout with a sty that kept him out of practice for a day early in training camp a month ago.