- Braves lose 8-0 to Kershaw and Dodgers Updated: May-27-15 2:50 am
- Kershaw, Dodgers breeze to 8-0 win over Braves Updated: May-27-15 2:12 am
LOS ANGELES - Big leads aren't common to Clayton Kershaw, who has lost more than his share of low-scoring duels over the years despite all the hardware he has earned. So when he gets as much run support as he did Tuesday night he tries to show his appreciation to his teammates.
- LeBron, Cavaliers earn NBA Finals spot by sweeping Hawks Updated: May-27-15 12:59 am
CLEVELAND - LeBron James knew what he left behind when he bolted to Miami five years ago.
- Proposed Uribe-for-Callaspo may be back on Updated: May-26-15 10:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Alberto Callaspo has been scratched from the Atlanta Braves' starting lineup by manager Fredi Gonzalez for the second consecutive night, an indication the proposed multiplayer trade that would send the infielder to the Los Angeles Dodgers for third baseman Juan Uribe may be back on.
- Rockets' Howard won't be suspended for Game 5 vs Warriors Updated: May-26-15 8:29 pm
- QB Christian Ponder makes most of opportunity with Raiders Updated: May-26-15 7:57 pm
ALAMEDA, California - After spending last season mired on the bench in Minnesota, Christian Ponder is happy for any chance he gets to work with the first-team offense.
- Stars missing for various reasons as Seahawks open OTAs Updated: May-26-15 7:32 pm
RENTON, Washington - Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril were absent for personal reasons. Michael Bennett and Bruce Irvin were just absent.
- Managers support pitchers getting better grip on balls Updated: May-26-15 7:31 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees manager Joe Girardi thinks Major League Baseball should avoid the sticky situation of pitchers being caught using foreign substances to get better grips on the ball by providing the tacky stuff for them.
- All-Pro LB Justin Houston absent from OTAs Updated: May-26-15 6:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs kicked off the third phase of the offseason workout program Tuesday with the first set of voluntary organized team activities missing nine players.
- Blues retain Ken Hitchcock as coach for another season Updated: May-26-15 6:03 pm
ST. LOUIS - After careful deliberation, the St. Louis Blues are sticking with veteran coach Ken Hitchcock for another season.
- Steelers wide receiver Brown focused on 2015, not contract Updated: May-26-15 5:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers trickled off the field in small groups, sweaty and a little spent from the first real day of football in nearly five months, even if it was just practice in shorts.
- New investigation launched into Illinois player allegations Updated: May-26-15 5:18 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois hired a Chicago law firm Tuesday and asked it to launch a second investigation into accusations of mistreatment made by the parents of former women's basketball players.
- Ndamukong Suh takes part in 1st OTA with Dolphins Updated: May-26-15 5:18 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Miami Dolphins attendance is on the rise. Ndamukong Suh showed up for practice Tuesday.
- Cowboys add former first-round draft pick WR AJ Jenkins Updated: May-26-15 2:25 pm
- Lawmaker says goal is to announce Bucks deal Wednesday Updated: May-26-15 1:39 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Milwaukee officials, leaders of the Wisconsin state Legislature and the president of the Milwaukee Bucks all said Tuesday they're close to reaching a deal to pay for a new $500 million arena for the NBA team.
- Michael Sam: Focused on football, not making history in CFL Updated: May-26-15 1:28 pm
- Bears release Ray McDonald after arrest in California Updated: May-26-15 1:25 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The Chicago Bears released defensive end Ray McDonald following a domestic violence arrest in Northern California that police say stemmed from an assault on a woman who was holding a baby.
- Denver beats Maryland 10-5 for 1st NCAA men's lacrosse title Updated: May-25-15 8:02 pm
PHILADELPHIA - When Bill Tierney left Princeton for the University of Denver, he knew and understood he would face some criticism.
- Orioles pitcher Brian Matusz suspended 8 games, appeals Updated: May-25-15 1:49 pm
BALTIMORE - Orioles left-hander Brian Matusz was suspended for eight games by Major League Baseball on Monday for having a foreign substance on his arm during a game in Miami.
- Liverpool's decline leaves Rodgers' future in jeopardy Updated: May-25-15 8:03 am
As subscribers to the "Moneyball" approach, Liverpool's American owners like to do their business based on cold, hard statistics.
- Jacob Lindgren's Yankees arrival: 'Who are you?' Updated: May-25-15 1:17 am
NEW YORK - Jacob Lindgren took a taxi from his Manhattan hotel and arrived at Yankee Stadium about seven hours before game time Sunday.
- Jared Burton agrees to minor league contract with Rangers Updated: May-24-15 9:41 pm
- Baylor fires longtime baseball coach Steve Smith Updated: May-24-15 8:38 pm
WACO, Texas - Baylor has fired longtime baseball coach Steve Smith after the Bears had their fewest wins since 1981.
- Hamilton reunites Monday with Rangers in unlikely journey Updated: May-24-15 8:14 pm
Josh Hamilton is getting another shot at redemption in baseball with an unlikely journey that has led back to the Texas Rangers.
- Falcao returns to Monaco after disappointing spell at United Updated: May-24-15 5:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United sent Radamel Falcao back to Monaco on Sunday after a disappointing season-long loan in which the Colombia international failed to show the predatory instincts that once made him one of the world's top strikers.