- Town issues rabies alert after 2 raccoons test positive Updated: Apr-30-15 1:43 am
FAIRFIELD, Maine - A rabies alert has been issued in a western Maine town after two raccoons tested positive for the disease in less than two months.
- Second aggressive coyote killed by police didn't have rabies Updated: Apr-28-15 3:32 pm
NORWOOD, New Jersey - State wildlife officials say a second aggressive coyote shot and killed by police last week in a northern New Jersey town did not have rabies.
- 2 rabid animals found on Alabama homeowners' property Updated: Apr-27-15 4:49 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Officials in east Alabama are asking pet owners to make sure their companions are vaccinated after an opossum and a raccoon tested positive for rabies in Auburn and Opelika.
- Woman bitten by rabid fox in Lincoln County Updated: Apr-23-15 11:58 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A 78-year-old woman was bitten by a rabid fox in southeast New Mexico, marking the first case of rabies in the state this year.
- Coyote in York County tests positive for rabies Updated: Apr-23-15 11:49 am
YORKTOWN, Virginia - Residents of an area of York County are being notified that a coyote has tested positive for rabies.
- St. Louis County man treated after bite by rabid bat Updated: Apr-22-15 1:43 pm
CLAYTON, Missouri - A 53-year-old St. Louis County man is receiving treatments after a bite from a rabid bat.
- Officials warn Denver pet owners to watch for rabid skunks Updated: Apr-20-15 4:39 pm
DENVER - Agriculture and health officials are warning Denver-area pet owners to be on the lookout for skunks, which could create bigger problems than a foul-smelling pooch as rabies cases increase.
- Kansas State lab reports uptick in rabies cases Updated: Apr-17-15 4:49 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - A Kansas State University laboratory that conducts rabies testing is reporting a spike in positive results.
- Rockland animal control officer tests positive for rabies Updated: Apr-17-15 5:31 am
NEW CITY, New York - A suburban New York animal control officer has tested positive for rabies after being bit by a raccoon.
- Feral cat in suburban Philadelphia diagnosed with rabies Updated: Apr-14-15 6:31 pm
SELLERSVILLE, Pennsylvania - Authorities in suburban Philadelphia say a feral cat has been diagnosed with rabies, and they are renewing warnings for residents and pet owners.
- Kansas State reports increased rabies cases so far this year Updated: Apr-13-15 11:17 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - A Kansas State University laboratory says it is seeing an increase in rabies cases so far this year.