- Reus, Liverpool top AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 1:21 pm
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 11:23 am
- Barcelona faces Ronaldo-less Madrid in Copa final Updated: Apr-15-14 8:54 am
- Champions semis: Madrid-Bayern, Atletico-Chelsea Updated: Apr-11-14 2:05 pm
- United losing luster on Europe's biggest stage Updated: Apr-10-14 9:20 am
- Barca's Champs League exit adds to post-Pep slide Updated: Apr-10-14 7:27 am
- 5 things to know about Bundesliga weekend Updated: Apr-10-14 6:32 am
- Atletico beats Barcelona to reach Champions semis Updated: Apr-09-14 6:36 pm
- Bayern beats United 3-1 to reach Champions semis Updated: Apr-09-14 6:26 pm
- Atletico's Costa out of Champions League match Updated: Apr-09-14 2:07 pm
- Juventus, Basel, Porto, Benfica eye Europa semis Updated: Apr-09-14 1:47 am
- Ba helps Chelsea eliminate PSG to reach CL semis Updated: Apr-08-14 8:18 pm
- Real Madrid reaches Champs League semifinals Updated: Apr-08-14 7:11 pm
- 5 Dutch players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-08-14 5:21 am
- Chelsea, Man United face uphill task in CL Updated: Apr-06-14 4:30 pm
- Everton thrashes Arsenal 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Apr-06-14 11:18 am
- Pastore scores solo goal as PSG beats Chelsea 3-1 Updated: Apr-02-14 6:42 pm
- Madrid beats Dortmund 3-0 in Champions League Updated: Apr-02-14 5:48 pm
- Bayern held 1-1 by Man United in Champions League Updated: Apr-01-14 6:37 pm
- Guardiola proves a safer pair of hands than Moyes Updated: Mar-31-14 2:00 pm
- Barcelona faces Atletico in Champions League Updated: Mar-31-14 1:44 pm
- Eto'o doubtful for Champs quarterfinal at PSG Updated: Mar-28-14 12:10 pm
- Column: Rebuilding United make or break for Moyes Updated: Mar-26-14 2:03 pm
- Van Persie out for 4-6 weeks with sprained knee Updated: Mar-21-14 2:33 pm
- United beats Olympiakos, through in Champs League Updated: Mar-19-14 8:01 pm
LONDON - Liverpool took team of the week honors for the fourth time this season in The Associated Press weekly football poll following its 3-2 victory over English Premier League title rival Manchester City.
LONDON - Mark Rodden, Eurosport, France
BARCELONA, Spain - Out of the Champions League and stumbling in Spain, Barcelona faces Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey final in likely its best chance to win some silverware this season.
MANCHESTER, England - As Manchester United waved goodbye to the Champions League for almost certainly 18 months at least, the reality is dawning on England's biggest club of the last 20 years that it has now sunk to second-tier status in European football.
MADRID - While it may be too soon to call Barcelona's Champions League exit the end of an era, the Spanish champion doesn't seem to have recovered from former coach Pep Guardiola's departure two seasons ago.
MUNICH - Normally, a Bayern Munich vs. Borussia Dortmund showdown in mid-April could be decisive for the Bundesliga title. There is little more at stake in Saturday's match in Munich, however, than pride.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid finally got the better of Spanish rival Barcelona on Wednesday as Koke's early goal guided his team to a 1-0 win and into the Champions League semifinals with a 2-1 aggregate victory.
MUNICH - Bayern Munich needed a bit of a wake-up call against a surprisingly resilient Manchester United team. Once it came, there was no stopping the defending champions from reaching a third straight Champions League semifinal.
MADRID - The Iberian peninsula's grip on the Europa League will loosen if Juventus and Basel can make good on first-leg victories and reach the semifinals of Europe's second-tier tournament.
LONDON - Growing up, Demba Ba dreamed about scoring big goals for Paris Saint-Germain. With the team he supported as a child on the verge of reaching the Champions League semifinals for the first time in 19 years, Ba instead scored the goal that knocked them out.
DORTMUND, Germany - Real Madrid failed to score without the injured Cristiano Ronaldo and only just hung on to advance to its fourth straight Champions League semifinal after losing 2-0 at Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday.
AMSTERDAM - Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal's greatest triumph came when he led Ajax to the Champions League title in 1995 by blending a nucleus of experienced veterans with highly talented youngsters like Patrick Kluivert, Clarence Seedorf and Edgar Davids.
LONDON - Once again, English clubs look set for a premature exit in the Champions League. On Wednesday, Manchester United must beat Bayern Munich or earn a high-scoring draw following their 1-1 result at Old Trafford, and Chelsea must overcome a 3-1 deficit from the first leg to reach the semifinals at the expense of Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday.
LIVERPOOL, England - Everton continued its superb attacking form to thrash a poor Arsenal side 3-0 in the Premier League and cut its deficit to the Gunners to one point in the race for the final Champions League spot.
PARIS - Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho called his team's defending "a joke" after Paris Saint-Germain scored deep into injury time Wednesday to take a commanding 3-1 lead into their Champions League quarterfinal return leg next week.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo scored a record equaling goal before exiting to injury as Real Madrid beat Borussia Dortmund 3-0 on Wednesday to take a big step toward the Champions League semifinals.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United confounded grim pre-game predictions by drawing 1-1 with Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal on Tuesday, with Bastian Schweinsteiger equalizing for the holders before being sent off.
MANCHESTER, England - As David Moyes lurches from one setback to another in his troubled first season at Old Trafford, Manchester United's hierarchy may well be casting envious glances at Bayern Munich to discover just how smooth managerial transition can be.
BARCELONA, Spain - The Champions League will offer either Barcelona or Atletico Madrid a spot in the semifinals and a boost in the racee to win the Spanish league.
LONDON - Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o is unlikely to recover in time from a hamstring injury to face Paris Saint-Germain next week in the first leg of the Champions League quarterfinals.
When David Moyes strode into Old Trafford for the first time as Manchester United's new manager, with its long red tunnel leading to the pitch where so much sporting history has been made, he knew the job of replacing Alex Ferguson would be, as he now says, "tough." Few imagined it would be this tough.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United striker Robin van Persie will miss up to six weeks with a left knee injury, ruling the Netherlands striker out of both legs of a Champions League quarterfinal against Bayern Munich and potentially six Premier League games.
MANCHESTER, England - Robin van Persie ushered Manchester United into the Champions League quarterfinals - and potentially saved his manager's job - with a hat trick in a 3-0 victory over Olympiakos that completed one of the competition's greatest comebacks on Wednesday.