- Dortmund, Milan advance in Champions League Updated: Dec-11-13 6:27 pm
- Arsenal advances despite 2-0 loss at Napoli in CL Updated: Dec-11-13 5:54 pm
- Champions League: Olympiakos beats Anderlecht 3-1 Updated: Dec-10-13 5:50 pm
- Dortmund needs win to be secure in Group F Updated: Dec-10-13 9:51 am
- 5 things to know about Group E in Champions League Updated: Dec-10-13 8:06 am
- Milan, Ajax battle it out for spot in next round Updated: Dec-10-13 7:14 am
- City beats Plzen 4-2 in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 6:17 pm
- UEFA charges Celtic for fans' political banners Updated: Nov-27-13 2:09 pm
- Barca's first loss of season brings up questions Updated: Nov-27-13 1:48 pm
- Quotes from voters in AP football poll Updated: Nov-26-13 11:26 am
- 5 things to know about Group B of Champions League Updated: Nov-26-13 9:23 am
- 5 things to know about Group A of Champions League Updated: Nov-26-13 7:45 am
- 5 things to know in Group G of Champions League Updated: Nov-25-13 11:57 am
- Man United's revenue rises at start of Moyes era Updated: Nov-14-13 9:24 am
- Ajax fined for fans' religious insult vs Celtic Updated: Nov-12-13 11:57 am
- FIFA assures Ghana officials over Cairo security Updated: Nov-11-13 11:11 am
- Soccer fans, police clash in Cairo before game Updated: Nov-10-13 5:09 pm
- Heavy security as Al Ahly wins African club title Updated: Nov-10-13 4:07 pm
- Clashes in Cairo ahead of African Champs Lge final Updated: Nov-10-13 11:45 am
GENEVA - In a dramatic climax to one of the tightest groups in Champions League history, Borussia Dortmund needed an 87th-minute goal at Marseille to advance at the expense of Napoli which beat Arsenal.
NAPLES, Italy - Ten-man Arsenal advanced to the Champions League knockout phase for the 14th consecutive year despite a 2-0 loss on Wednesday at Napoli, which was eliminated from the competition.
PIRAEUS, Greece - Javier Saviola netted two stylish goals as Olympiakos advanced to the last 16 of the Champions League on Tuesday with a pulsating 3-1 win over an Anderlecht side that finished with eight men.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Borussia Dortmund needs to beat Marseille to be sure of advancing from Group F of the Champions League.
LONDON - It's between Basel and Schalke for the final spot in the last 16 of the Champions League from Group E. The teams meet on Wednesday with third-placed Schalke having to win to prevent Basel from joining Chelsea in qualifying from the group.
MILAN - AC Milan and Ajax will play for a spot in the knockout stage of the Champions League on Wednesday.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City's prolific strike force bailed out its vulnerable defense in a 4-2 win over Viktoria Plzen on Wednesday that kept alive the English team's hopes of topping Group D in the Champions League.
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA charged Celtic on Wednesday with a breach of its rules on political messages after fans displayed a series of banners before a Champions League game against AC Milan.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's first defeat of the season has raised doubts about the team's hunger for victory, with the lackluster performance against Ajax prompting criticism by players and coach Gerardo Martino.
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's AP global football poll:
Qualification for the knockout stage of the Champions League is in sight for Bayer Leverkusen and Manchester United.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid has already won Group G, leaving Zenit St. Petersburg to tussle with FC Porto for seocnd.
LONDON - Manchester United's revenue rose almost 30 percent as the Premier League champions benefit from their global appeal and the soaring value of television rights.
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA says it has fined Ajax 25,000 euros ($33,500) after fans displayed an "offensive banner" aimed at Celtic during a Champions League match.
FIFA assured Ghana officials Monday that security "guarantees" are in place for next week's World Cup playoff in Egypt. The assurance comes a day after police and fans clashed in Cairo at the African Champions League final.
CAIRO - Police used tear gas to disperse rock-throwing fans outside the stadium before the African Champions League final Sunday, an outburst that has heightened fears for an upcoming World Cup playoff between Egypt and Ghana.
CAIRO - Egypt's Al Ahly retained its African Champions League title in a highly-charged atmosphere on Sunday as fans clashed with police, flares and fireworks lit up the heavily-secured Cairo stadium and a goal-scorer celebrated with a hand gesture linked to supporters of ousted President Mohammed Morsi.
CAIRO - Hundreds of supporters of Egyptian club Al Ahly briefly clashed with police outside a stadium in Cairo ahead of the African Champions League final on Sunday, raising more fears of violence at a World Cup playoff that FIFA has insisted should go ahead in the troubled capital.