- Former European champs Ajax, Celtic grouped in Europa League Updated: Aug-28-15 8:59 am
MONACO - Former European champions Ajax and Celtic were drawn together with Fenerbahce and Molde in the Europa League groups on Friday.
- Barcelona heads 32-team draw for Champions League groups Updated: Aug-26-15 5:06 pm
GENEVA - The Champions League season takes shape Thursday when UEFA draws 32 elite teams into groups in Monaco.
- Valencia eliminates Monaco in Champions League playoff Updated: Aug-25-15 4:45 pm
MONACO - Valencia lost 2-1 at Monaco but advanced from their Champions League playoff on an aggregate 4-3 score Tuesday, giving Spain five teams in the group phase of Europe's top-tier competition.
- Different pedigree, same goal for Man United, FC Astana Updated: Aug-24-15 6:44 am
MANCHESTER, England - FC Astana did not exist when Manchester United became European champion for the third time in 2008.
- Can anyone overthrow Juventus at the top of Serie A? Updated: Aug-20-15 3:03 pm
MILAN - Serie A has had a familiar look to it in the past two seasons, with Juventus winning the league title and Roma finishing second.
- Juventus keen to silence doubters after summer of change Updated: Aug-20-15 11:18 am
MILAN - Juventus kicked off last season in uncertain fashion after former AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri replaced the popular Antonio Conte, who had resigned.
- Shakhtar beats Rapid Vienna 1-0 in Champions League playoff Updated: Aug-19-15 5:37 pm
VIENNA - Shakhtar Donetsk beat Rapid Vienna 1-0 in the first leg of their Champions League playoff Wednesday, positioning itself for reaching the group stage for a sixth straight season.
- Valencia beats Monaco 3-1 in Champions League playoff Updated: Aug-19-15 4:47 pm
VALENCIA, Spain - Valencia forward Sofiane Feghouli scored after setting up the opener to lead the Spanish club to a 3-1 win over Monaco on Wednesday in the first leg of their Champions League playoff.
- Depay double rescues Man United in 3-1 win over Bruges Updated: Aug-18-15 7:09 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Memphis Depay announced his arrival at Manchester United by scoring a first-half double and providing a late assist for Marouane Fellaini in a 3-1 win over Bruges in the first leg of their Champions League playoff on Tuesday.
- Lazio beats Leverkusen 1-0 in Champions League playoff Updated: Aug-18-15 5:31 pm
ROME - Lazio beat Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 in the first leg of their Champions League playoff on Tuesday, with halftime substitute Keita scoring the only goal of an entertaining match.
- Late Slimani goal gives Sporting 2-1 win over CSKA Updated: Aug-18-15 5:18 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Islam Slimani struck a late winner as Sporting Lisbon defeated CSKA Moscow 2-1 in the first leg of their Champions League playoff on Tuesday.
- Rooney's form a concern as United back in Champions League Updated: Aug-17-15 9:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United will want more than just a first-leg lead from its Champions League playoff against Bruges on Tuesday.
- Ramos signs new contract with Real Madrid Updated: Aug-17-15 8:26 am
MADRID - Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos signed a new contract Monday that will tie him to the club for the next five seasons.
- Midfielder Angel Di Maria signs 4-year deal with PSG Updated: Aug-06-15 2:26 pm
PARIS - Moving on from his English Premier League flop, winger Angel Di Maria signed a four-year deal with Paris Saint-Germain to complete his transfer from Manchester United on Thursday.