- Atletico changes focus to Spanish title race Updated: Apr-24-14 8:15 am
- Platini: No Champs League bans in 1st FFP cases Updated: Apr-24-14 6:53 am
- Time running out for Bundesliga's bottom 3 Updated: Apr-24-14 6:47 am
- Benzema gives Real Madrid 1-0 win over Bayern Updated: Apr-24-14 12:09 am
- Ronaldo shakes off injury fears to play Bayern Updated: Apr-23-14 6:56 pm
- Benzema guides Madrid to 1-0 win over Bayern Updated: Apr-23-14 6:15 pm
- Liverpool, Sterling top this week's AP soccer poll Updated: Apr-23-14 10:59 am
- Juventus seeks 1st European title since scandal Updated: Apr-23-14 1:25 am
- Chelsea loses Cech, Terry to long-term injuries Updated: Apr-22-14 7:08 pm
- Defensive Chelsea holds Atletico in scoreless draw Updated: Apr-22-14 6:47 pm
- Champions League: Chelsea, Atletico in 0-0 draw Updated: Apr-22-14 5:48 pm
- David Moyes out as Manchester United manager Updated: Apr-22-14 1:36 pm
- 5 potential replacements for Moyes at Man United Updated: Apr-22-14 6:17 am
- 'Happy One' Mourinho looks like 'Miserable One' Updated: Apr-21-14 4:11 pm
- Liverpool closes in on Premier League title Updated: Apr-20-14 6:56 pm
- Guardiola, Mourinho back in Madrid for CL semis Updated: Apr-20-14 6:54 pm
- Arsenal beats Hull 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Apr-20-14 3:02 pm
- Rampant Liverpool closes on Premier League title Updated: Apr-20-14 2:33 pm
- 5 things to know about the English Premier League Updated: Apr-17-14 7:14 am
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 11:23 am
- Barcelona faces Ronaldo-less Madrid in Copa final Updated: Apr-15-14 8:54 am
- Champions semis: Madrid-Bayern, Atletico-Chelsea Updated: Apr-11-14 2:05 pm
- United losing luster on Europe's biggest stage Updated: Apr-10-14 9:20 am
- Barca's Champs League exit adds to post-Pep slide Updated: Apr-10-14 7:27 am
- Atletico beats Barcelona to reach Champions semis Updated: Apr-09-14 6:36 pm
MADRID - Atletico Madrid's attention will return to domestic affairs, as it looks to defend its lead at the top of La Liga, with the club closing in on its first league title in 18 years.
PARIS - Clubs won't be excluded from next season's Champions League for breaking "Financial Fair Play" rules, according to UEFA President Michel Platini
BERLIN - Three rounds of games remain in the Bundesliga, increasing the pressure on the sides fighting to avoid the drop and those battling for European football next season. League champion Bayern Munich is preoccupied with overturning its narrow loss to Real Madrid in the Champions League semifinal, while time is running out for Eintracht Braunschweig, Nuremberg and Hamburger SV. Stuttgart, which took a big step toward survival last weekend, gets the 32nd round of games underway at Hannover on Friday. Here are five things to know:
MADRID - Real Madrid hopes a narrow home win put it in position to reach the Champions League final for the first time since 2002.
MADRID - Karim Benzema's goal gave Real Madrid a 1-0 first-leg victory over title holder Bayern Munich on Wednesday, but the nine-time champions may live to regret the missed chances in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal.
Liverpool tops the Associated Press global football poll this week for the fifth time this season and for the second consecutive week after its 3-2 win over Norwich kept it atop the English Premier League.
ROME - When Juventus visits Benfica in the first leg of the Europa League semifinals Thursday, it will mark the first appearance for the once dominant Turin club in the final four of a European competition since finishing runner-up in the 2003 Champions League.
MADRID - Chelsea will be without goalkeeper Petr Cech and captain John Terry for the rest of the Premier League season, prompting manager Jose Mourinho to make the Champions League his team's priority.
MADRID - Chelsea's defensive game plan worked perfectly as it held Atletico Madrid to a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
MADRID - Chelsea capitalized on its defensive strategy, playing to a 0-0 draw with Atletico Madrid on Tuesday in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal.
MANCHESTER, England - It's some feat to turn one of the world's most storied and valuable sports brands into a mere also-ran in the space of 10 months.
MANCHESTER, England - A look at five potential full-time replacements for David Moyes as Manchester United manager after his firing on Tuesday:
MADRID - Whether Jose Mourinho is in England or in Spain, "The Happy One" is looking a lot more like "The Miserable One" these days.
LONDON - Liverpool secured a return to the Champions League on Sunday - but there's a much bigger prize just around the corner.
HULL, England - Lukas Podolski scored two goals for the second straight match as Arsenal beat Hull 3-0 on Sunday to move a step closer to securing the final Champions League place in the Premier League.
LIVERPOOL, England - What was looking like a gripping finale to the Premier League title race is starting to turn into a procession for Liverpool.
MANCHESTER, England - A run of 10 straight victories has propelled Liverpool to the top of the Premier League and into the unfamiliar position of title favorite.
LONDON - Mark Rodden, Eurosport, France
BARCELONA, Spain - Out of the Champions League and stumbling in Spain, Barcelona faces Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey final in likely its best chance to win some silverware this season.
MANCHESTER, England - As Manchester United waved goodbye to the Champions League for almost certainly 18 months at least, the reality is dawning on England's biggest club of the last 20 years that it has now sunk to second-tier status in European football.
MADRID - While it may be too soon to call Barcelona's Champions League exit the end of an era, the Spanish champion doesn't seem to have recovered from former coach Pep Guardiola's departure two seasons ago.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid finally got the better of Spanish rival Barcelona on Wednesday as Koke's early goal guided his team to a 1-0 win and into the Champions League semifinals with a 2-1 aggregate victory.