- Judge urges president to commute harsh sentence he imposed Updated: Feb-09-16 5:42 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A former federal judge who gave a Utah music producer 55 years in prison for bringing guns to marijuana deals asked the president to commute the sentence Tuesday, the latest appeal in a case held up as an example of problems with mandatory minimum sentencing laws.
- Malloy appoints 4 to state Board of Pardons and Paroles Updated: Feb-06-16 12:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is appointing four Connecticut residents to fill vacancies on the Board of Pardons and Paroles.
- The Latest: Parole board denies clemency for Georgia inmate Updated: Feb-01-16 7:59 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on legal challenges filed by a Georgia death row inmate who's scheduled to die this week. All times local:
- Israel displays Eichmann's recently discovered pardon plea Updated: Jan-27-16 7:50 am
JERUSALEM - Israel's president is displaying a recently discovered pardon plea submitted by Nazi mastermind Adolf Eichmann shortly before his execution.
- Gov. Mary Fallin commutes sentences for 2 state inmates Updated: Jan-18-16 4:45 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin has approved shortening the prison sentences of two state inmates - the first commutations she's authorized since 2012.
- Broncos star Demaryius Thomas ready for reunion with mom Updated: Jan-16-16 7:24 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Demaryius Thomas will celebrate his mother's freedom and treat her to her first NFL game Sunday when the Denver Broncos play the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Death row inmates in Zimbabwe ask for life sentences instead Updated: Jan-14-16 11:36 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Inmates who have spent years on death row in Zimbabwe's prisons approached the country's highest court on Wednesday in a bid to have their sentences commuted to life imprisonment.