- Mich. court examines one of Granholm's last acts Updated: Dec-11-13 4:58 pm
- Neb. convict in torture-murder case wants reprieve Updated: Nov-28-13 12:17 pm
- Obama pardons turkeys as part of annual rite Updated: Nov-27-13 5:28 pm
- Mason City man's life sentence modified Updated: Nov-27-13 7:52 am
- Governor Herbert to pardon turkey Updated: Nov-26-13 5:04 am
- Unlucky sibling of pardoned turkeys meets governor Updated: Nov-25-13 7:35 pm
- Ala governor pardons turkey, minus longtime grower Updated: Nov-20-13 1:18 pm
- Obama asked to commute Utah producer's sentence Updated: Nov-17-13 4:37 pm
- SLC NAACP asks Missouri governor to halt execution Updated: Nov-15-13 4:56 pm
- Myanmar's president pardons 69 political prisoners Updated: Nov-15-13 12:38 pm
- Heisman winner Rodgers seeks pardon for '70 holdup Updated: Nov-12-13 1:44 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A decision to grant but then scratch a parole opportunity for a prisoner hit the docket of the Michigan Supreme Court on Wednesday as justices sparred with lawyers in an unprecedented case about a governor's constitutional power.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Nebraska man convicted for his role in two grisly cult-related murders in 1985 is asking the state to end his lifetime parole supervision.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama spared two turkeys from the brine and the oven Wednesday, fulfilling the annual tradition of a presidential pardon for a couple of lucky birds ahead of Thanksgiving Day.
MASON CITY, Iowa - A judge has ruled that the governor's commutation order will modify the life sentence given a Mason City man convicted of murder when he was a juvenile.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah governor Gary Herbert is scheduled to pardon one lucky turkey this week.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - With two other turkeys ticketed for a presidential pardon at the White House, their brother met Minnesota's governor Monday at a state Capitol ceremony featuring much of the same upbeat pageantry ahead of a far gloomier fate for the bird.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An important cast member was missing Wednesday as Gov. Robert Bentley continued an Alabama tradition by sparing the life of a Thanksgiving turkey named Clyde.
SALT LAKE CITY - A group of prominent officials and activists are petitioning President Barack Obama to commute the 55-year prison term of a Utah music producer convicted of selling $350 worth of marijuana while keeping guns in his house.
SALT LAKE CITY - The head of the NAACP's Salt Lake City branch is asking Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon to commute a death sentence for a white serial killer who authorities say was driven by racial hatred when he murdered two black Salt Lake City joggers in 1980.
YANGON, Myanmar - Myanmar's president on Friday pardoned 69 political prisoners, including two grandsons of a former dictator, as part of a promise to free all such detainees by the end of the year.
OMAHA, Nebraska - More than 40 years after he won the Heisman Trophy, Johnny Rodgers remains one of the most celebrated figures in Nebraska.