- The Latest: Lavrov says all sides in Syria are guilty Updated: Feb-13-16 8:10 am
MUNICH - The Latest on the security conference in Munich (all times local):
- FBI investigates bomb threats at Mississippi schools Updated: Feb-10-16 6:39 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Authorities say the FBI and the Office of Homeland Security are investigating bomb threats at seven Mississippi school districts.
- Man angry about missing birth pleads guilty to bomb threat Updated: Feb-10-16 3:02 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah man accused of calling in a hospital bomb threat because he was upset he couldn't attend his child's birth has pleaded guilty to a federal charge.
- School evacuated after note on van threatens explosion Updated: Feb-10-16 1:41 am
CORONA, California - Police in Southern California evacuated about 1,000 people from homes and an elementary school for much of the day after finding a parked van with a man unconscious inside and a note on the windshield saying the vehicle would explode if it was moved.
- Intelligence officials: IS determined to strike US this year Updated: Feb-09-16 3:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Leaders of the Islamic State are determined to strike targets in the United States this year, senior U.S. intelligence officials said Tuesday, telling lawmakers that a small group of violent extremists will attempt to overcome the logistical challenges of mounting such an attack.
- New Elko protocols allow quick dismissal of fake bomb threat Updated: Feb-09-16 2:47 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Another bomb threat at the Elko County courthouse turned out to be fake, but local authorities say they're pleased with law officers' quick response under a new cooperative agreement adopted after a series of similar threats last year.
- Rhode Island police trace 'robocall' bomb threats to Russia Updated: Feb-08-16 4:20 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State police say a string of bomb threats that targeted schools in three Rhode Island communities left an electronic trail leading to Russia.
- Explosives threat one of many due to 'Making a Murderer' Updated: Feb-04-16 1:14 pm
MANITOWOC, Wisconsin - Bomb threats to a Wisconsin county sheriff's office that made an apparent reference to "getting justice" for the convict profiled in the popular Netflix series "Making a Murderer" are the latest in a long string of threats made to the department and its officers since the series went online, officials said Thursday.
- Butte courthouse increases security for murder trial Updated: Feb-04-16 12:40 pm
BUTTE, Montana - In the wake of bomb threats that have forced evacuations six times since mid-January, the Butte courthouse is increasing security for a murder trial next week.
- Columbus Police: Child behind Wal-Mart bomb threat Updated: Feb-03-16 9:57 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Police have found their suspect in a bomb threat that was called into the Columbus Wal-Mart.
- Police: Australian school bomb threats coming from overseas Updated: Feb-03-16 3:35 am
SYDNEY - Dozens of schools around Australia have received threats over the past week in what police believe is a hoax being orchestrated overseas.
- Hoaxers increasingly going online to threaten schools Updated: Feb-02-16 12:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - On a spring day at Mount Elden Middle School in Flagstaff, Arizona, the phone rang and a receptionist answered. A computerized female voice was on the line with a disturbing message: "I can see children. I'm going to kill children!"
- Park City police field 3 false bomb threats Updated: Feb-01-16 12:50 pm
PARK CITY, Utah - Park City police are investigating after they received bomb threats at three locations in one night, though all three were found to be false.
- Scientists: "Doomsday Clock" reflects grave threat to world Updated: Jan-26-16 10:26 pm
STANFORD, California - Rising tension between Russia and the U.S., North Korea's recent nuclear test and a lack of aggressive steps to address climate change are putting the world under grave threat, scientists behind a "Doomsday Clock" that measures the likelihood of a global cataclysm said Tuesday.
- Saudi Arabia Mission evacuated; requests bomb squad Updated: Jan-26-16 3:49 pm
NEW YORK - The Permanent Mission of Saudi Arabia to the United Nations has been evacuated after a report of a suspicious package received in the mail.
- Kansas man pleads guilty to bomb hoax at Kansas City airport Updated: Jan-22-16 4:44 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City, Kansas, man has pleaded guilty to a bomb hoax that caused the disruption at the Kansas City International Airport.
- Girl, 15, arrested for bomb threats called to Keys schools Updated: Jan-22-16 9:37 am
MARATHON, Florida - A 15-year-old girl faces several charges after authorities say she called in a bomb threat to her two schools in the Florida Keys.
- Flight attendant accused in North Dakota, Virginia threats Updated: Jan-21-16 12:28 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A flight attendant accused of making a phony bomb threat that forced a flight he was working to make an emergency landing in North Dakota is accused in a similar incident in Virginia.
- Police: Prescott Valley man arrested in a bomb threat case Updated: Jan-20-16 7:17 pm
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Arizona - A suspect has been arrested in a bomb threat case last year at a Home Depot store in Prescott Valley.
- Police: Fugitive wanted in Virginia arrested in St. Albans Updated: Jan-20-16 9:54 am
ST. ALBANS, West Virginia - A Cross Lanes man who was wanted on a felony bomb threat charge in Virginia has been arrested in St. Albans.
- Several Phoenix metro area schools reportedly threatened Updated: Jan-19-16 7:22 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a series of school threats across the Phoenix metropolitan area prompted evacuations and lockdowns.
- School receives bomb threat following threats to courthouses Updated: Jan-19-16 5:35 pm
HELENA, Montana - The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are investigating after several courthouses and a high school in Montana received phoned-in bomb threats.
- Chicago man sentenced to 2 years for SIU bomb threats Updated: Jan-19-16 4:28 pm
BENTON, Illinois - A Chicago man who said he was seeking attention on a campus where he was bullied and harassed has been sentenced to two years in prison after pleading guilty to making bomb threats in a self-declared "war" on Southern Illinois University in Carbondale.
- Bomb threats reported at 2 schools, 1 evacuated Updated: Jan-19-16 3:33 pm
FARMINGTON, New Hampshire - Police have reported two bomb threats to New Hampshire high schools, one scrawled on a boys' bathroom wall and the other in the form of an automated phone call.
- Germany: 3 ex-Red Army Faction suspects linked to robberies Updated: Jan-19-16 3:29 pm
BERLIN - Three former members of the disbanded leftist militant group Red Army Faction have been linked to two botched armored car robberies after spending years in hiding, in what German authorities said Tuesday may have been attempts to continue financing their life underground.