- FBI, police find no threat on EVA Air plane at LA airport Updated: May-26-15 10:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Someone called in a threat to a flight from Taiwan that landed at Los Angeles International Airport on Tuesday, but nothing dangerous was found on board, authorities said.
- Backpacks found after bomb threat at San Diego-area school Updated: May-26-15 4:01 pm
SANTEE, California - Authorities say they found four suspicious backpacks at a suburban San Diego high school after a bomb threat prompted a campus lockdown.
- Police: Report of man with bomb turns out to be a hoax Updated: May-26-15 2:52 am
FORT LEE, New Jersey - Authorities have determined that a report of a homicidal man with a bomb strapped to his body in northern New Jersey was just a hoax.
- Police: Pressure cooker from suspicious DC vehicle destroyed Updated: May-25-15 12:53 am
WASHINGTON - A bomb squad safely destroyed a pressure cooker found in a "suspicious" vehicle left unattended Sunday afternoon on the National Mall near the U.S. Capitol building and the vehicle's owner was located and arrested, a U.S. Capitol Police spokeswoman said.
- Woman arrested after bomb threat prompts LA evacuations Updated: May-20-15 7:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - Police have arrested a woman who they say made a bomb threat, prompting two buildings to be evacuated and streets to be closed in a bustling area of downtown Los Angeles.
- Surprise Police arrest teen for fake bomb threats Updated: May-16-15 11:25 am
PHOENIX - Surprise Police have arrested a local teen for calling and emailing a fake bomb threat and home invasion in February.
- German TV show featuring Heidi Klum abandoned after threat Updated: May-15-15 6:46 am
BERLIN - A live German television model casting show featuring model Heidi Klum was abandoned after a woman called in a bomb threat.
- Bomb squad called to Superior hotel for suspicious device Updated: May-12-15 6:52 am
SUPERIOR, Wisconsin - A hotel in Superior was evacuated and the bomb squad was summoned after a suspicious device was left at the front desk.
- Sheriff: Man made bomb threats to avoid jury verdict Updated: May-08-15 8:29 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Gulfport man has been charged with calling in a bomb threat at the Harrison County Courthouse in April just before a verdict was to be handed down in a gun possession case.
- Recent examples of arrests in 'homegrown terrorism' cases Updated: May-06-15 5:49 pm
This week's attempted attack on a cartoon contest in Garland, Texas, raised concerns about the threat of terrorist activity by individuals in the U.S. inspired by the propaganda of the Islamic State group and other extremist organizations. Some other recent cases:
- Man pleads guilty to make more than 40 bomb threats Updated: May-06-15 5:19 am
NEW ORLEANS - A man accused of making more than 40 bomb threat calls in a one-week timespan in August 2013 pleaded guilty to the charges.
- Hamas launches crackdown on Salafist groups in Gaza Strip Updated: May-05-15 11:49 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The ruling Hamas militant group launched a crackdown Tuesday on radical Salafi groups following a series of unclaimed bombings in the Gaza Strip, arresting dozens of people and setting up military-type checkpoints.
- Flight to UAE diverted to air base after bomb threat Updated: May-04-15 2:26 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A commercial plane was diverted to a military air base in Dubai after a passenger said the plane would explode, the United Arab Emirates' state news agency said early Monday.
- Bomb threat prompts southeastern Michigan school to close Updated: Apr-30-15 4:37 pm
GROSSE POINTE WOODS, Michigan - A bomb threat prompted officials at a southeastern Michigan high school to cancel morning classes.
- Cycling race around Frankfurt cancelled due to terror threat Updated: Apr-30-15 2:13 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Local authorities have canceled a traditional May Day international cycling race around Frankfurt following the arrest of a couple and the discovery of bomb-making material in their home near the route.
- Old grenade found at Iowa City residence, authorities say Updated: Apr-29-15 3:13 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Police say an old grenade has been taken away for destruction after it was found at a private residence in Iowa City.
- Probation for Quinnipiac student who made false bomb threat Updated: Apr-28-15 5:32 pm
MERIDEN, Connecticut - A former Quinnipiac University student has been sentenced to three years of probation for a making a false bomb threat last year on graduation day.
- Florida man jailed on IRS bomb threat charge Updated: Apr-26-15 3:04 am
MIAMI - A South Florida man who told the FBI his name is "Squirrel" is charged with threatening to blow up the Internal Revenue Service building in Miami.