- Man pleads guilty to make more than 40 bomb threats Updated: May-06-15 5:19 am
NEW ORLEANS - A man accused of making more than 40 bomb threat calls in a one-week timespan in August 2013 pleaded guilty to the charges.
- Latest on Boston trial: Prosecutor cross-examines historian Updated: May-05-15 4:35 pm
- Hamas launches crackdown on Salafist groups in Gaza Strip Updated: May-05-15 11:49 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The ruling Hamas militant group launched a crackdown Tuesday on radical Salafi groups following a series of unclaimed bombings in the Gaza Strip, arresting dozens of people and setting up military-type checkpoints.
- Flight to UAE diverted to air base after bomb threat Updated: May-04-15 2:26 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A commercial plane was diverted to a military air base in Dubai after a passenger said the plane would explode, the United Arab Emirates' state news agency said early Monday.
- Bomb threat prompts southeastern Michigan school to close Updated: Apr-30-15 4:37 pm
GROSSE POINTE WOODS, Michigan - A bomb threat prompted officials at a southeastern Michigan high school to cancel morning classes.
- Cycling race around Frankfurt cancelled due to terror threat Updated: Apr-30-15 2:13 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Local authorities have canceled a traditional May Day international cycling race around Frankfurt following the arrest of a couple and the discovery of bomb-making material in their home near the route.
- Old grenade found at Iowa City residence, authorities say Updated: Apr-29-15 3:13 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Police say an old grenade has been taken away for destruction after it was found at a private residence in Iowa City.
- Probation for Quinnipiac student who made false bomb threat Updated: Apr-28-15 5:32 pm
MERIDEN, Connecticut - A former Quinnipiac University student has been sentenced to three years of probation for a making a false bomb threat last year on graduation day.
- Florida man jailed on IRS bomb threat charge Updated: Apr-26-15 3:04 am
MIAMI - A South Florida man who told the FBI his name is "Squirrel" is charged with threatening to blow up the Internal Revenue Service building in Miami.
- Thorough sweep of Statue of Liberty turns up no explosives Updated: Apr-24-15 4:52 pm
NEW YORK - A bomb threat made by an anonymous 911 caller forced the evacuation of hundreds of tourists Friday from the Statue of Liberty, but a thorough sweep of the landmark by investigators turned up no explosives.
- Former spy master flees Argentina amid threats Updated: Apr-23-15 12:31 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's most famous spy master has fled the country due to threats on his life and is not complying with a summons ordering him to testify Thursday in connection with the investigation into a 1994 terror bombing, his lawyer said.
- Seattle nursing student held after bomb threats Updated: Apr-22-15 10:37 am
SEATTLE - A 26-year-old Seattle University nursing student accused of leaving notes threatening to bomb campus buildings has been ordered held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
- MU issues all clear after report of bomb threat Updated: Apr-21-15 11:28 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri has issued an all clear after an earlier reported bomb threat prompted the evacuation of two buildings.
- 12-year-old charged with making bomb threat at 2 schools Updated: Apr-21-15 4:19 am
CENTER POINT, Alabama - A 12-year-old Alabama boy is headed to court after police say he videotaped himself making terrorist threats at two schools.
- NC police: Man made threat calls to college after killing Updated: Apr-17-15 4:11 pm
GOLDSBORO, North Carolina - A North Carolina community college closed Friday and will stay closed through Monday after receiving threatening telephone calls that followed a shooting death involving a self-avowed neo-Nazi.
- Superintendent defends not calling police after threat Updated: Apr-17-15 7:28 am
PALMER, Massachusetts - The superintendent of a western Massachusetts school district is under fire for choosing not to call police after a middle school received a bomb threat earlier this month.
- Convicted man tries to flee from court during bomb threat Updated: Apr-16-15 5:46 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Authorities say a man just convicted of a felony firearm violation tried to run out of court as the verdict was being read and as a bomb-threat alarm sounded.
- Germanwings plane evacuated after bomb threat received Updated: Apr-12-15 4:01 pm
BERLIN - A Germanwings plane headed for Milan was evacuated at Cologne-Bonn airport on Sunday after a bomb threat against the flight was received, the airline said.
- 2 arrested after bus bomb threat shuts down I-90 in Ohio Updated: Apr-11-15 2:05 pm
PAINESVILLE, Ohio - State troopers in Ohio say two Greyhound passengers have been arrested after making a bomb threat against the bus they were onboard.
- Nebraskan convicted of university threats gets jail time Updated: Apr-10-15 7:04 am
KEARNEY, Nebraska - A 19-year-old student convicted of making bomb threats to the University of Nebraska at Kearney has been given probation and jail time.
- Vegas man who threatened to blow up judges sent to prison Updated: Apr-09-15 8:04 am
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a 60-year-old Las Vegas man who threatened to blow up two federal district court judges in Nevada has been sentenced to six years and three months in federal prison.
- Bong, not bomb, causes scare at Boulder bus station Updated: Apr-07-15 11:01 am
BOULDER, Colorado - Police say a suspicious device that led to the evacuation of Boulder's downtown bus station turned out to be a bong.
- Park City police arrest 2 but don't link to bomb threat Updated: Apr-06-15 11:40 am
PARK CITY, Utah - Park City police say they have two people in custody but haven't linked them to a Sunday night bomb threat that caused evacuations in the city's downtown.