- All Blacks captain McCaw confirms his retirement from rugby Updated: Nov-19-15 6:08 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - All Blacks captain Richie McCaw made it official: He's retiring from all rugby after a record 148 test matches across a 15-year international career capped with back-to-back World Cup titles.
- AP's composite team of the Rugby World Cup Updated: Nov-01-15 5:58 pm
LONDON - Imagine having Rugby World Cup stars Dan Carter, David Pocock, Fourie du Preez and Mamuka Gorgodze in the same side.
- Richie McCaw earns a rest after 2nd Rugby World Cup title Updated: Oct-31-15 6:31 pm
New Zealand has done its best to lavish honors on Richie McCaw in recognition of one of the greatest All Blacks careers, a contribution which likely ended with New Zealand's victory over Australia in the Rugby World Cup final on Saturday.
- Australia goes down fighting in Rugby World Cup final Updated: Oct-31-15 5:52 pm
LONDON - In a Rugby World Cup final few expected them to reach, the Wallabies produced a comeback that seemed improbable at halftime.
- After an early start, Kiwis celebrate a Rugby World Cup win Updated: Oct-31-15 4:43 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Bleary-eyed New Zealanders launched into raucous celebration on Sunday after watching the All Blacks beat Australia 34-17 to win back-to-back Rugby World Cups, dubbing their defeated rivals "Losstralia."
- New Zealand beats Australia 34-17, retains Rugby World Cup Updated: Oct-31-15 4:36 pm
LONDON - New Zealand capped one of the most dominant eras in rugby history by becoming the first team to retain the World Cup, repelling Australia's second-half resurgence in a 34-17 win sealed by the boot of unflappable Dan Carter on Saturday.
- The Latest: Dan Carter yelled at ball for drop goal Updated: Oct-31-15 2:19 pm
LONDON - The latest at the Rugby World Cup final between New Zealand and Australia (all times local):
- Springboks finish 3rd at Rugby World Cup Updated: Oct-30-15 7:51 pm
LONDON - South Africa finished third in the Rugby World Cup after subduing Argentina 24-13 on Friday in a consolation playoff that only the players will remember.
- Dan Carter, the All Blacks superhero to the end Updated: Oct-30-15 12:24 pm
LONDON - Dan Carter used to have a wardrobe full of superhero costumes. He and former All Black Ali Williams loved dressing up in them. "Sounds weird, I know," Carter said sheepishly on Friday.
- Mitchell reaping rewards of 'fat club' ahead of RWC final Updated: Oct-30-15 12:12 pm
LONDON - Two intense weeks of "fat club" at Australia's pre-tournament training camp in the United States have been the making of Drew Mitchell as the winger eyes a place in the records book in Saturday's Rugby World Cup final.
- The quips and put-downs of Welsh rugby referee Nigel Owens Updated: Oct-30-15 11:54 am
LONDON - They've racked up thousands of views on YouTube. They're emblazoned on the front of T-shirts. They've put some of the world's burliest sportsmen in their place.