- Gov. Mead dispatches National Guard for flooding Updated: Mar-07-14 7:52 pm
- McCrory declares emergency in North Carolina Updated: Mar-07-14 4:27 pm
- Cochran: Corps adds $14M for Mississippi projects Updated: Mar-07-14 8:29 am
- Marquette County seeks state emergency declaration Updated: Mar-07-14 6:14 am
- Federal storm aid being offered to 39 GA counties Updated: Mar-06-14 8:43 pm
- Indiana flood victims hesitant to relocate Updated: Mar-06-14 11:52 am
- After FEMA denial, Ill. turns to state tornado aid Updated: Mar-05-14 8:43 pm
- Ranchers, tribes reach deal on Klamath water Updated: Mar-05-14 7:01 pm
- FEMA: Pier work not reimbursable Updated: Mar-05-14 4:39 pm
- Missouri settles with Joplin tornado fundraiser Updated: Mar-05-14 4:00 pm
- Haley seeks storm disaster declaration for SC Updated: Mar-05-14 3:03 pm
- 2 years later, Congress poised to undo flood law Updated: Mar-05-14 3:31 am
- Official who investigated attack on senator quits Updated: Mar-04-14 3:20 pm
- Agency-by-agency summary of Obama budget Updated: Mar-04-14 11:47 am
- Vigo County gets new arson, search-and-rescue dog Updated: Mar-04-14 10:01 am
- Disaster declaration for rockslide may get funding Updated: Mar-04-14 8:58 am
- Flint mayor calls for $70 million 'war on blight' Updated: Mar-04-14 8:23 am
- Winter storm brings icy roads, accidents to Tenn. Updated: Mar-03-14 4:20 pm
- FEMA approves $1 million for blizzard clean-up Updated: Mar-03-14 2:40 pm
- Winter storm bears down on much of Virginia Updated: Mar-03-14 2:28 pm
- FEMA to help fund stream projects post flooding Updated: Mar-02-14 5:43 pm
- CA governor signs off on $687 million drought plan Updated: Mar-01-14 10:53 pm
- Officials: Rebuilding slow in storm-tossed city Updated: Mar-01-14 5:17 pm
- Ohio fire department gets $8M to hire firefighters Updated: Mar-01-14 3:11 pm
- W.Va. governor lifts water emergency declaration Updated: Feb-28-14 7:07 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Gov. Matt Mead called up the Wyoming National Guard on Friday to help combat flooding that forced scores of people to evacuate their homes along the Big Horn River in Washakie County.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory has declared a state of emergency for North Carolina in the wake of a winter storm that's left hundreds of thousands without power.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi is one of only four states receiving additional funds from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for dredging and flood control along its major tributaries, according to U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran.
MARQUETTE, Michigan - Marquette County is seeking a state emergency declaration to help deal with problems from the harsh winter.
ATLANTA - President Barack Obama has signed a declaration ordering federal aid for 39 Georgia counties that were impacted by an ice storm in mid-February.
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The thought of leaving her flooded-out home on Barton Beach Road brings Carla Johnson to the point of tears, but she's ready to go if the government will make a buyout offer - almost any reasonable offer.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - After the denial of federal disaster assistance, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn announced the state will be making $45 million available to help local governments recover from November's deadly tornadoes.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A deal to share scarce water between ranchers and the Klamath Tribes has cleared another hurdle on its way toward becoming part of a bill in Congress to overcome a century of fighting over water in the Klamath Basin.
LONG BEACH, Mississippi - Harrison County officials say they spent $174,000 to repair the Jim Simpson Pier in Long Beach with the understanding the Federal Emergency Management Agency would reimburse them.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A New Orleans-based fundraiser has agreed to pay Missouri for using Joplin tornado relief donations to pay for clothes, veterinary visits, food and her children's baby sitter.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley has asked President Barack Obama to declare almost half of South Carolina a federal disaster after last month's winter storm that caused at least $430 million in damage and left hundreds of thousands in the dark.
WASHINGTON - Less than two years after Congress approved a landmark bill to overhaul the federal flood insurance program, lawmakers are poised to undo many of the changes after homeowners in flood-prone areas complained about sharp increases in premiums.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A state investigator who examined the events leading to an attack on a Virginia state senator by his son has resigned, complaining of interference by his superiors, according to a letter of resignation released Tuesday.
Agency: Health and Human Services
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - A blond bundle of energy on four legs showed off his energy Monday afternoon at the Vigo County Annex.
OURAY, Colorado - Gov. John Hickenlooper has signed an executive order declaring an emergency disaster due to a rockslide that closed U.S. Highway 550 near Ouray on Jan. 12.
FLINT, Michigan - Flint Mayor Dayne Walling said he wants $70 million in federal funding to help fight blight and tear down nearly 6,000 buildings in the financially troubled city.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A powerful winter storm pounded parts of Tennessee with snow and ice on Monday, causing hundreds of traffic accidents on slick roads and leaving thousands without power.
PIERRE, South Dakota - State officials say the Federal Emergency Management Agency will award more than $1 million to the city of Rapid City for debris clean-up from an October blizzard.
NORFOLK, Virginia - Virginia was pelted Monday with a wintry mix of snow and sleet from the mountains to the coast that prompted school closings, flight cancellations and government agency closures.
BOULDER, Colorado - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has agreed to reimburse Colorado and local governments for part of the cost of removing debris and targeting stream hazards that still threaten lives and property after September's flooding.
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown has signed legislation to provide immediate relief to drought-stricken communities.
WASHINGTON, Indiana - More than three months after a tornado caused heavy damage in southwestern Indiana, local officials fear a neighborhood ravaged by the storm could end up as a blighted area now that rebuilding efforts appear to have stalled.
WASHINGTON - Cincinnati's fire department has received more than $8 million in federal funding to hire firefighters as part of a federal program aimed at improving emergency response.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin has lifted a state of emergency related to the January chemical spill into a public water supply.