- Lawmaker urging tougher law for heroin dealing Updated: Dec-07-13 11:36 am
- Dropped passes an epidemic for stumbling Chiefs Updated: Dec-04-13 5:42 pm
- Weld reports first Colo. flu death Updated: Dec-04-13 5:28 pm
- Fertility doctors aim to lower rate of twin births Updated: Dec-02-13 4:56 pm
- Eastern Ky. drug epidemic has reshaped communities Updated: Dec-01-13 5:01 pm
- Pa. researchers publish century of disease data Updated: Nov-28-13 11:55 am
- Zimbabwe's capital at risk from poor water Updated: Nov-19-13 9:34 am
- Ohio attorney general: Heroin a statewide epidemic Updated: Nov-18-13 4:07 pm
- Ohio doctors, prosecutors host heroin summit Updated: Nov-17-13 5:10 am
- Bird flu strain infects human for 1st time Updated: Nov-14-13 5:22 am
- In rare move, Uganda leader publicly tests for HIV Updated: Nov-08-13 9:40 am
- Native Medical Center patient death not from flu Updated: Nov-07-13 11:14 pm
- How heroin abuse has become epidemic Updated: Nov-07-13 5:09 pm
BURLINGTON, Kentucky - A northern Kentucky legislator is calling for tougher jail penalties for heroin dealing, but treatment advocates argued that harsher criminal punishments don't help with the problem of addiction.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - It was almost like adding injury to insult when Chiefs tight end Anthony Fasano banged his head off the turf so hard that he sustained a concussion a split-second after dropping a pass.
GREELEY, Colorado - Weld County is reporting the first death of the Colorado flu season - a young adult who died of the H1N1 strain.
BOSTON - In the five years since the "Octomom" case, big multiple births have gone way down but the twin rate has barely budged. Now fertility experts are pushing a new goal: One.
HARLAN, Kentucky - Kateena Haynes has seen how prescription drug abuse has reshaped Eastern Kentucky.
PITTSBURGH - Researchers at the University of Pittsburgh have published more than a century's worth of data on scores of infectious diseases they compiled while putting together computer models and simulations for research.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's capital is at risk of a new cholera outbreak caused by collapsed water treatment and sanitation facilities, according to a Human Rights Watch report issued Tuesday.
CINCINNATI - Just as Ohio is making progress in the battle against prescription drug abuse, it's getting overrun by heroin, the attorney general said Monday.
CLEVELAND - More than 600 people have signed up for a daylong conference on a growing heroin epidemic in northeastern Ohio.
LONDON - A strain of bird flu that scientists thought could not infect people has shown up in a Taiwanese woman, a nasty surprise that shows scientists must do more to spot worrisome flu strains before they ignite a global outbreak, doctors say.
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's president tested for HIV in public on Friday to encourage millions of untested people to check their status, a critical step to stemming the spread of the virus in the East African country.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Tests conducted at an Alaska state lab show that a patient who died this week at the Alaska Native Medical Center did not have the flu although an earlier hospital test had indicated type A influenza.
PHILADELPHIA - Heroin-related overdoses jumped nearly 250 percent between 2010 and 2012 in Philadelphia and, depending on how they are measured, slightly more in Montgomery County. In Kentucky, they quadrupled in just one year.