- Indiana lawmakers OK needle exchange programs Updated: Apr-29-15 11:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Lawmakers looking to prevent a repeat of an HIV outbreak that has rocked a southern Indiana county sent Republican Gov. Mike Pence a measure Wednesday that would allow communities to implement needle-exchange programs if they can prove they're in the midst of an epidemic tied to intravenous drug use.
- Cuomo details NY plan to end AIDS epidemic by 2020 Updated: Apr-29-15 5:35 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York state will end its AIDS epidemic by 2020, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday, vowing to add the virus to the list of largely vanquished killers such as polio and smallpox.
- Indiana needle-exchange bill would require proof of epidemic Updated: Apr-28-15 2:04 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers are nearing final decisions on a proposal to legalize needle-exchange programs following an HIV outbreak in southern Indiana.
- UN says it will try to identify all Ebola cases by June Updated: Apr-28-15 9:40 am
LONDON - The World Health Organization says it aims to identify and isolate all new Ebola cases in West Africa by the end of May to stop the spread of the lethal virus before the rainy season.
- HIV patients today 'can live long, healthy lives' Updated: Apr-26-15 4:06 pm
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Treatment of HIV positive patients has come a long way since the early 1980s, when it was considered a death sentence.
- Dog flu outbreak gained foothold at urban doggie day cares Updated: Apr-17-15 7:34 am
CHICAGO - Many urbanites use doggie day cares while they work long hours. Paying others to exercise their pets, owners can forgo long walks and enjoy guilt-free pooch snuggling in the evenings. While usually a healthy experience for the dogs, the day care environment, with dozens of pets mingling, contributed to an epidemic of dog flu in Chicago that is spreading in the Midwest, experts say.
- Gov. Cuomo: obesity has reached 'epidemic' levels in NY Updated: Apr-07-15 3:04 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's top health official is leading an effort to raise awareness about the dangers of the state's obesity problem.