- Lawmaker urging tougher law for heroin dealing Updated: Dec-07-13 11:36 am
- Dropped passes an epidemic for stumbling Chiefs Updated: Dec-04-13 5:42 pm
- Weld reports first Colo. flu death Updated: Dec-04-13 5:28 pm
- Fertility doctors aim to lower rate of twin births Updated: Dec-02-13 4:56 pm
- Eastern Ky. drug epidemic has reshaped communities Updated: Dec-01-13 5:01 pm
- Pa. researchers publish century of disease data Updated: Nov-28-13 11:55 am
- Zimbabwe's capital at risk from poor water Updated: Nov-19-13 9:34 am
- Ohio attorney general: Heroin a statewide epidemic Updated: Nov-18-13 4:07 pm
- Ohio doctors, prosecutors host heroin summit Updated: Nov-17-13 5:10 am
- Bird flu strain infects human for 1st time Updated: Nov-14-13 5:22 am
BURLINGTON, Kentucky - A northern Kentucky legislator is calling for tougher jail penalties for heroin dealing, but treatment advocates argued that harsher criminal punishments don't help with the problem of addiction.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - It was almost like adding injury to insult when Chiefs tight end Anthony Fasano banged his head off the turf so hard that he sustained a concussion a split-second after dropping a pass.
GREELEY, Colorado - Weld County is reporting the first death of the Colorado flu season - a young adult who died of the H1N1 strain.
BOSTON - In the five years since the "Octomom" case, big multiple births have gone way down but the twin rate has barely budged. Now fertility experts are pushing a new goal: One.
HARLAN, Kentucky - Kateena Haynes has seen how prescription drug abuse has reshaped Eastern Kentucky.
PITTSBURGH - Researchers at the University of Pittsburgh have published more than a century's worth of data on scores of infectious diseases they compiled while putting together computer models and simulations for research.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's capital is at risk of a new cholera outbreak caused by collapsed water treatment and sanitation facilities, according to a Human Rights Watch report issued Tuesday.
CINCINNATI - Just as Ohio is making progress in the battle against prescription drug abuse, it's getting overrun by heroin, the attorney general said Monday.
CLEVELAND - More than 600 people have signed up for a daylong conference on a growing heroin epidemic in northeastern Ohio.
LONDON - A strain of bird flu that scientists thought could not infect people has shown up in a Taiwanese woman, a nasty surprise that shows scientists must do more to spot worrisome flu strains before they ignite a global outbreak, doctors say.