- Mom who poisons daughters sentenced to 6 years in prison Updated: Jul-03-15 1:06 pm
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colorado - A Carbondale mom who tried to poison herself and her two daughters has been sentenced to six years in prison.
- More than 1,300 claims filed in Akron asbestos suit Updated: Jun-27-15 10:40 am
AKRON, Ohio - More than 1,300 damage claims were filed in a northeast Ohio court on behalf of the heirs of Akron-area rubber and auto workers who died or developed serious illnesses from exposure to asbestos.
- Schumer pushes legislation for carbon monoxide detectors Updated: Jun-24-15 3:08 am
ALBANY, New York - Sen. Charles Schumer has introduced legislation aimed at protecting people from carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Illinois couple found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Jun-18-15 10:44 am
HIGHLAND PARK, Illinois - Authorities believe a Highland Park couple found dead in their home were poisoned by carbon monoxide from a car with keyless ignition after it was accidentally left running in the garage.
- Belgrade man found in car died of carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Jun-17-15 1:33 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Authorities say a Belgrade man whose body was found in a burning car earlier this month died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- India, China need cleaner air just to keep death rate steady Updated: Jun-16-15 10:31 am
NEW DELHI - Never mind lowering the rate of death from air pollution in India and China. Just keeping those rates steady will demand urgent action to clear the skies, according to a report published Tuesday.
- 'Black mold' found in some Curry County jail cells Updated: Jun-12-15 5:11 am
CLOVIS, New Mexico - Officials have confirmed that black mold has been found in some Curry County Detention Center jail cells and high levels of carbon dioxide were located in its medical office.
- EPA fines Clearwater Paper over alleged pollution violations Updated: Jun-10-15 11:22 am
LEWISTON, Idaho - Clearwater Paper Company has agreed to pay a civil penalty and upgrade pollution control equipment at its Lewiston pulp and paper mill to address alleged violations of the Clean Air Act.
- 4 dead, 4 hurt in carbon monoxide poisoning in rural ND home Updated: Jun-09-15 12:14 pm
BLANCHARD, North Dakota - Four people are dead in what authorities believe is a case of carbon monoxide poisoning in a rural home in Traill County.
- WVU to offer public health degree Updated: Jun-08-15 4:01 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia University will offer a new undergraduate program in public health next spring.
- Father saves himself, son after carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Jun-05-15 2:50 am
MIAMI - Authorities say a Miami father saved himself and his son after being poisoned by carbon monoxide from a generator he left on overnight.
- 3 ex-railway workers file asbestos suit against BNSF Updated: Jun-03-15 7:42 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Three former employees have sued BNSF Railway, claiming they suffer from lung disease caused by job-related exposure to asbestos.