- Oregon food safety sleuth praised as pioneer Updated: Dec-03-13 7:02 pm
- Wis. residents treated for gas poisoning Updated: Dec-03-13 10:52 am
- Conn. university to test pot for contaminants Updated: Dec-01-13 1:05 pm
- 2 KC children suffer lead poisoning Updated: Nov-27-13 7:53 am
- Pa. mayor nixes smoking ban, citing own 'research' Updated: Nov-21-13 1:48 pm
- Feds: Miners entered area where blast occurred Updated: Nov-18-13 7:13 pm
- 2 men treated for carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Nov-14-13 6:32 pm
- Ailing NY lawmaker sues over asbestos exposure Updated: Nov-14-13 3:45 pm
- House votes to increase asbestos claim disclosures Updated: Nov-13-13 6:05 pm
- UT man dies of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Nov-07-13 10:23 am
- Byproduct of Bogalusa blight fight: asbestos Updated: Nov-07-13 9:11 am
- 4 suffer carbon monoxide exposure in NE Kansas Updated: Nov-06-13 3:47 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The first reports of illness trickled in, just as they always do, to the offices of William "Bill" Keene, Oregon's top food safety sleuth. The outbreak involved a potentially deadly strain of E. coli. Keene and his colleagues sprang into action, interviewing victims on the phone. What had they eaten? Where? When?
JANESVILLE, Wisconsin - Eight people in Janesville have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning since Saturday, according to firefighters.
WEST HAVEN, Connecticut - The microscope at the University of New Haven, set at 10-times magnification, shows a marijuana leaf covered with dozens of tiny bumps. It's mold, and someone, somewhere could be smoking similarly contaminated pot and not have a clue.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City health officials say at least two area children have lead poisoning from a contaminated cosmetic product commonly used in Myanmar.
PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania mayor has vetoed a measure to ban outdoor smoking in public places because he believes outdoor smoking is a civil liberty, and that his own "research" suggests the cancer risk from exposure to secondhand smoke outdoors is exaggerated.
DENVER - Two Colorado miners who died of carbon monoxide poisoning apparently entered an area of the mine where an explosive had been previously detonated, federal investigators said Monday.
BOSSIER CITY, Louisiana - Bossier City spokesman Mark Natale (nuh-TAH-lee) says two men had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning, apparently from a natural gas heater in their house. The incident occurred during a night cold enough to burst a water main in neighboring Shreveport.
MINEOLA, New York - A New York congresswoman being treated for lung cancer has filed a lawsuit claiming exposure to asbestos as a young woman may have contributed to her disease.
WASHINGTON - The House on Wednesday voted to tighten disclosure requirements from asbestos trusts set up more than 20 years ago to help pay billions of dollars in injury claims.
TOOELE, Utah - Police say a 54-year-old Tooele man has died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning after working on his truck most of the day.
BOGALUSA, Louisiana - Vacant, overgrown lots all around Bogalusa have been roped off with red tape that reads "Danger Asbestos Hazard."
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Four people are hospitalized in northeast Kansas for carbon monoxide poisoning that authorities blame on a car left running inside a closed garage.