- Idaho fined after demolishing building containing asbestos Updated: Jul-23-15 7:38 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Transportation Department has agreed to pay a $52,000 fine after demolishing an asbestos-containing building in northern Idaho and potentially exposing the public to the cancer-causing fibers.
- 9 treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Melrose Park Updated: Jul-22-15 2:44 pm
MELROSE PARK, Illinois - Police in the western Chicago suburb of Melrose Park say nine people were being treated at local hospitals after they were overcome by carbon monoxide.
- Rhode Island capital considering ban on smoking downtown Updated: Jul-21-15 5:41 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A new law being mulled in Providence would tell smokers to butt out.
- Sheriff: 4 marking milestones likely died of carbon monoxide Updated: Jul-18-15 3:49 pm
BYRON, Maine - Four young people celebrating a birthday and a graduation at a cabin in Maine likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning hours after their arrival earlier this week, a sheriff said Saturday.
- 11 ex-Pirelli managers convicted in Italian asbestos trial Updated: Jul-15-15 9:23 am
MILAN - A Milan court has convicted 11 former Pirelli managers, including two former CEOs, on charges of manslaughter and gave them prison sentences for the deaths of about 20 workers who developed tumors or lung disease after being exposed to asbestos.
- Diseases a danger to Greene County tobacco, tomato farmers Updated: Jul-09-15 11:02 am
GREENEVILLE, Tennessee - Blue mold, a proven destroyer of commercial tobacco, has been found in Greene County for the second time this year.
- Asbestos concerns lead to closure of Iowa school building Updated: Jul-09-15 6:46 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - The main building at Washington High School in Cedar Rapids has been closed as officials deal with the presence of asbestos.
- Death of loon at Lake Winnipesaukee linked to lead poisoning Updated: Jul-08-15 11:23 am
MOULTONBOROUGH, New Hampshire - New Hampshire authorities say a loon found dead at Lake Winnipesaukee has been linked to lead poisoning.
- Man died at sea of carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Jul-06-15 11:34 am
YORK, Maine - Maine authorities say a 59-year-old Vermont man died at sea of carbon monoxide poisoning last month about 13 miles off of York Harbor.
- Mom who poisons daughters sentenced to 6 years in prison Updated: Jul-03-15 1:06 pm
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colorado - A Carbondale mom who tried to poison herself and her two daughters has been sentenced to six years in prison.