- 4th patient infected during mold outbreak at hospital dies Updated: Feb-07-16 2:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - A fourth transplant patient who contracted a fungal infection during a mold outbreak at a western Pennsylvania hospital has died, officials said Sunday.
- 1 dead, 2 injured after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Feb-07-16 10:19 am
HIGHSPIRE, Pennsylvania - Authorities say one person died and two others were injured by apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a northeastern Pennsylvania home.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Feb-06-16 1:17 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Woman dies following home fire in Adams County Updated: Feb-05-16 10:11 pm
DENVER - Investigators say it appears that a 55-year-old woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a fire at a home in Adams County.
- As fix nears for gas leak, residents worry about return home Updated: Feb-05-16 7:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - With a possible end in sight to a massive 15-week gas leak, anxious residents displaced from a Los Angeles neighborhood are skeptical a fix is near and worry they may be forced to return too soon to unhealthy homes.
- Carbon monoxide probed as possible cause of man's death Updated: Feb-05-16 1:25 pm
JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 43-year-old man has died -- possibly from carbon monoxide poisoning -- in southwestern Michigan.
- Family of 8 taken to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Feb-04-16 11:33 am
NEWELL, Iowa - A northwest Iowa family of eight was taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Public health critique offered of California pot measure Updated: Feb-02-16 8:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A marijuana legalization measure likely to end up on the California ballot this year does not do enough to prioritize public health over business interests with the financial incentive and political clout to downplay any adverse effects of allowing people to use pot recreationally, two researchers with expertise in curbing tobacco use said Tuesday.
- Advocates: Maine needs to act faster on lead standards Updated: Feb-02-16 11:45 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Public health advocates and lawmakers say Maine needs to move quicker to implement stricter lead poisoning standards that became law last year.
- 6 people treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Orlando Updated: Jan-28-16 6:48 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Police say six people were taken to an Orlando hospital after being exposed to carbon monoxide from a generator that was running at a condominium complex that was being renovated.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: Jan-27-16 10:17 am
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
- Pennsylvania man dies after overcome by car fumes in storm Updated: Jan-27-16 8:00 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a northeastern Pennsylvania man has died of carbon monoxide poisoning, two days after he was overcome by exhaust fumes from his car during the weekend snowstorm.
- Blocked vents cause carbon monoxide poisoning at apartments Updated: Jan-25-16 5:29 pm
HERNDON, Virginia - Seven residents of a Herndon apartment complex were hospitalized after the weekend blizzard contributed to a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- More search northern Minnesota forests for chaga fungus Updated: Jan-25-16 5:27 pm
REMER, Minnesota - People are roaming northern Minnesota forests in search of chaga, a black and crusty fungus that has become an alternative health sensation.
- Coroner: South Carolina couple dies of carbon monoxide Updated: Jan-24-16 3:02 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Authorities say an elderly couple in Greenville, South Carolina, has died of carbon monoxide poisoning during the massive winter snow storm.
- Man apparently trapped in running car by plow deluge dies Updated: Jan-24-16 1:53 pm
READING, Pennsylvania - Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a man apparently trapped in his running car by a snowplow deluge died of carbon monoxide poisoning during the storm.
- Truck driver poisoned by carbon monoxide files lawsuit Updated: Jan-22-16 2:25 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A Jackson law firm has filed a lawsuit on behalf of a truck driver who was poisoned by carbon monoxide that leaked into his cab.
- Schumer says bill would hurt asbestos-poisoned veterans Updated: Jan-21-16 5:49 am
ALBANY, New York - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer says legislation passed in the House would expose health records of asbestos-poisoned military veterans and others suffering from it.
- Apparent carbon monoxide victim identified Updated: Jan-19-16 11:47 am
WALKER, Minnesota - Cass County authorities have identified the man who died after apparently suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in an ice fishing house on Leech Lake.
- Records: Homes cited for lead poisoning still pose threat Updated: Jan-17-16 12:07 pm
CLEVELAND - More than 500 Cleveland homes previously cited by health officials for causing lead poisoning in children over the past six years still pose a threat, according to city and county records.
- Woman pleads guilty to concealing Mississippi Queen asbestos Updated: Jan-16-16 6:20 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A San Francisco woman faces up to two years in prison and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines after pleading guilty to a federal charge that she didn't tell Louisiana regulators about asbestos in the Mississippi Queen steamboat before it was demolished.
- Md. lawmakers looking to improve structured settlement law Updated: Jan-14-16 6:45 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's attorney general and lawmakers are looking at ways to protect the public from bad deals offered by businesses that have bought legal settlements from lead poisoning victims, such as Baltimore's Freddie Gray, at a steep discount.
- Appeals court revives Arizona lawsuit over lead ammunition Updated: Jan-12-16 8:12 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal appeals court has revived a lawsuit challenging the use of lead hunting ammunition in Arizona's Kaibab National Forest.
- Coroner: 2 Lake City men killed by carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Jan-12-16 10:29 am
LAKE CITY, South Carolina - Two Lake City men have died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning from using a gas generator indoors.
- Secondhand smoke hits almost half of teens who don't smoke Updated: Jan-11-16 12:47 am
CHICAGO - Even though fewer U.S. teens are smoking, secondhand smoke remains a big problem for them, a government study found.