- Ex-CIA chief asks NC lawmakers to protect grid Updated: Dec-03-13 4:34 pm
- Hubble Telescope best shot at learning comet fate Updated: Dec-02-13 3:32 pm
- Did Comet ISON survive? Scientists see tiny hope Updated: Nov-29-13 4:00 pm
- Comet dances with sun, death; giving mixed signals Updated: Nov-26-13 5:53 pm
- Will icy comet survive close encounter with sun? Updated: Nov-24-13 1:17 pm
- Study: 8.8 billion Earth-size, just-right planets Updated: Nov-04-13 4:39 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Some academics and a former CIA director are urging North Carolina state lawmakers to require better protection of electricity transmission systems from solar flares and cyber and terrorist attacks.
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - It's all up to Hubble.
STOCKHOLM - A comet that gained an earthly following because of its bright tail visible from space was initially declared dead after grazing the sun. Now, there is a sliver of hope that Comet ISON may have survived.
WASHINGTON - Comet ISON is teasing the solar system as it dances with the sun and it's giving astronomers mixed signals.
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - For months, all eyes in the sky have pointed at the comet that's zooming toward a blisteringly close encounter with the sun.
WASHINGTON - Space is vast, but it may not be so lonely after all: A study finds the Milky Way is teeming with billions of planets that are about the size of Earth, orbit stars just like our sun, and exist in the Goldilocks zone - not too hot and not too cold for life.