- South Africa: 4 top sports banned from hosting tournaments Updated: Apr-25-16 11:31 am
Four of South Africa's leading sports federations were on Monday banned by the sports minister from bidding for or hosting major international events for at least a year over their failures to create enough opportunities for black players.
- Sunwolves claim 1st win in Super Rugby, Chiefs still top Updated: Apr-24-16 4:34 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Super Rugby snapped out of its mid-season torpor Saturday with a thrilling match between the first-placed Chiefs and third-placed Hurricanes that showcased the quality of the New Zealand conference.
- Allister Coetzee named new Springboks coach Updated: Apr-12-16 7:58 am
Allister Coetzee was named South Africa's national rugby team coach Tuesday on a four-year contract to take the Springboks past the 2019 World Cup in Japan.
- Sunwolves lock Bond suspended 4 weeks for shoulder charge Updated: Apr-10-16 2:21 pm
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Sunwolves lock Tim Bond has been suspended for four weeks in Super Rugby for a dangerous tackle in the loss at the Stormers.
- Britain could choose 15-a-side stars for Olympic rugby team Updated: Apr-08-16 8:40 am
LONDON - Britain's team for the men's Olympic rugby sevens tournament could include players from the 15-a-side teams of England, Wales and Scotland.
- Hopoate's Mormon faith comes first: no Sunday NRL matches Updated: Apr-06-16 10:35 pm
Like many Mormon athletes before him, Australian rugby league star Will Hopoate felt he had to choose between playing matches on a Sunday, or make himself unavailable.