- Mobile driver's license app being tested in Iowa Updated: Aug-27-15 5:34 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Department of Transportation employees have started testing a mobile driver's license app as part of a new pilot program.
- Smartphone app identifies weeds invasive to Alaska Updated: Aug-26-15 5:43 am
KENAI, Alaska - A new smartphone application is helping researchers learn where plant species invasive to Alaska are growing.
- Tech startups want to change the way you drive Updated: Aug-25-15 12:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A veteran computer scientist hates sitting in his car at stop lights, so he creates software that makes the experience less annoying. A former engineering professor wants to double the range of today's electric vehicles. And an aeronautics expert believes flying cars shouldn't be science fiction.
- Pittsburgh Parking Authority approves smartphone parking app Updated: Aug-20-15 2:45 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Parking Authority board has approved a deal that will enable motorists to pay for parking meters using an app on their smartphones.
- NYC lawmakers push for 911 texting service Updated: Aug-13-15 6:16 pm
NEW YORK - New York City lawmakers want New Yorkers to have the ability to text an emergency to 911.
- McDonald's begins rollout of mobile app Updated: Aug-11-15 2:16 pm
NEW YORK - McDonald's has started rolling out its new mobile app in the U.S., and one of the main features is a loyalty program for the chain's drinks.
- Oklahoma City councilors to consider text-and-drive ban Updated: Aug-10-15 2:55 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Council is holding a public hearing next week to consider an ordinance that would outlaw texting and driving to bring the city in line with a new state law prohibiting the same activity that takes effect Nov. 1.
- Texting drivers continue to frustrate Nebraska advocates Updated: Aug-09-15 2:32 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Five years after lawmakers approved a texting-while-driving ban, advocates say Nebraska's roads are still populated with motorists who glance down at their phones while behind the wheel.
- Connecticut police target drivers talking, texting on phones Updated: Aug-03-15 10:23 am
MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut - Police across Connecticut are launching another enforcement campaign targeting drivers who talk or text on their cellphones without using required hands-free devices.
- Police say man died after crash while texting on motorcycle Updated: Jul-31-15 3:34 pm
FRANKFORT, Indiana - State police say a 43-year-old Indianapolis man died from injuries sustained after he crashed his motorcycle while he was texting.
- Counties find most 911 texts accidental, pranks Updated: Jul-30-15 6:14 am
EVERETT, Washington - Washington counties that allow people to text 911 instead of dial are finding many messages are bogus.
- Disguised metro Atlanta police crackdown on texting drivers Updated: Jul-29-15 7:50 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - A metro Atlanta police department is using disguised officers to try catching drivers who are texting behind the wheel.
- Yahoo plays catch-up in messaging with video texting app Updated: Jul-29-15 1:26 pm
NEW YORK - Imagine making a video call without other people being able to listen in.