- Google unveils Android's latest technological tricks Updated: May-28-15 11:05 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google's next version of its Android operating system will boast new ways to fetch information, pay merchants and protect privacy on mobile devices as the Internet company duels with Apple in the quest to make their technology indispensable.
- Natchez debuts new app for phone Updated: May-28-15 8:11 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - The city of Natchez has debuted its new mobile phone app - putting a plethora of city information just a click, or swipe, away.
- DNR, university researchers working on fishing app Updated: May-28-15 7:49 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is working with University of Minnesota researchers to come up with a smartphone application for anglers.
- Slice of Silicon Valley: Strictly Business Computer Systems Updated: May-25-15 9:59 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - It was a Wednesday at 1 p.m., and there was tension in the offices at Strictly Business Computer Systems in Huntington.
- Troopers issue 230 texting-while driving tickets in 5 months Updated: May-24-15 12:25 pm
FLORENCE, South Carolina - State troopers have issued 230 texting-while-driving tickets in the first five months of South Carolina's new law.
- What to watch: Crunch time calm; texting while driving bill Updated: May-24-15 9:07 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The closing days of Texas' legislative session usually mean political chaos, with some lawmakers scrambling to finalize pet proposed legislation and others working just as hard to block bills they despise.
- National Spelling Bee launches fantasy-style mobile app Updated: May-20-15 4:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Fans of the Scripps National Spelling Bee will have a new way to follow the tongue-twisting action this year.
- Police: Driver texting before collision Updated: May-15-15 9:11 am
JOHNSON, Vermont - Police have accused a driver of negligent operation, saying she was texting on her hand-held cellphone when she collided with a milk truck that resulted in a fire in Johnson, Vermont.
- Texting driver crashes into police car Updated: May-14-15 12:10 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Laurel police officer searching for a suspected drunken driver ended up being hit head-on by a car whose driver was texting.
- Internet group opposes regulation on taxi smartphone apps Updated: May-14-15 10:24 am
NEW YORK - Some of the nation's leading Internet companies are lobbying against a proposed change to New York City taxi policy.
- Peoria launching mobile parking app Updated: May-14-15 5:43 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Peoria is launching a mobile payment program for downtown, city-operated parking.
- Verizon Wireless, Sprint settle allegations of bogus charges Updated: May-12-15 8:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Verizon Wireless will pay $90 million and Sprint $68 million to settle charges that the mobile giants allowed phony charges on their customers' monthly bills so they could keep a cut of the profit, federal regulators announced Tuesday.
- In Tech: Mobile app, mobile phone, online TV Updated: May-08-15 4:11 am
NEW YORK - The iconic designer behind the simulation video games "Sim City" and "The Sims" wants people to tell stories visually on their mobile phones.
- Gov. Mary Fallin signs bill banning texting while driving Updated: May-05-15 6:14 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin added her signature Tuesday to legislation that makes it illegal to text message while driving in Oklahoma and then issued a challenge to the state's motorists.
- Lost hikers found near Multnomah Falls by texting for help Updated: May-03-15 3:01 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Two lost hikers were found Saturday night near Multnomah Falls after texting searchers a photo of their location.
- New site, app, links celebrities, charities and donors Updated: May-01-15 5:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - Chatting on the red carpet with Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence; recording a country song with Clint Black; working a relief mission with Patricia Arquette; receiving a serenade from Michael Bolton on a Caribbean island. These are just some of the WOW! moments possible for everyday donors through a new online charity service that combines star power with digital marketing savvy to contribute millions to celebrity causes worldwide.
- Police: Driver charged was in mid-text when he killed biker Updated: May-01-15 9:17 am
UNIONTOWN, Pennsylvania - State police say a western Pennsylvania man was in the middle of a text message when he crashed into a motorcycle, killing its driver.
- Smartphone app aims to preserve videos of police encounters Updated: Apr-30-15 5:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - A new smartphone app allows Californians who record encounters with police to automatically submit the video to their local chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union.
- DNR debuts revised app for outdoors-loving smartphone users Updated: Apr-30-15 3:36 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Outdoor enthusiasts looking for a new fishing hole or nature preserve to visit can now find it with a revised free application for their iPhones or Androids.
- Microsoft opens Windows 10 to Apple, Android apps Updated: Apr-29-15 7:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft hopes to get more people using the next version of its Windows software on all kinds of devices by giving them access to many of the same apps they're already using on Apple or Android phones.
- Ban on texting and driving awaits Gov. Fallin's signature Updated: Apr-29-15 5:59 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma is in line to become the 46th in the nation to pass a ban on texting and driving after the state House passed a bill on Wednesday.