- Chinese using carpooling apps to get ride home for holidays Updated: Feb-05-16 3:10 am
SHANGHAI - The hundreds of millions of Chinese heading home for Lunar New Year have a relatively new travel option this year: mobile apps to find carpool partners to share costs in what is a novel concept for most Chinese.
- Making sure Facebook works at the Super Bowl Updated: Feb-04-16 4:17 pm
NEW YORK - It's the pain of crowds: Texts, photos and video streams take forever or just can't get through.
- Clallam, Jefferson counties accepting texts to 911 Updated: Feb-04-16 12:11 pm
PORT HADLOCK, Washington - People in distress in Clallam and Jefferson counties can now contact emergency services by text message.
- Review: Going offline with Google Maps Updated: Jan-28-16 2:50 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - I knew I wouldn't get real-time traffic information and other features when I opted to rely solely on Google's offline mapping capabilities for a week in and around Disney World near Orlando, Florida. In fact, Google Maps gave me trouble the moment I tried to leave the airport parking lot.
- Man charged with using cellphone before fatal US 52 crash Updated: Jan-25-16 3:11 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A central Indiana man has been charged with a traffic infraction for allegedly texting on his cellphone before a crash that killed a driving instructor.
- Children's Miracle Network names Mobile girl 'Champion' Updated: Jan-17-16 8:01 am
Delaney Zimlich must have known something was up when her parents wheeled her into the lobby of University of South Alabama Children's & Women's Hospital on Friday afternoon, only to find the lobby full of people who seemed to be waiting for her.
- NYC school forced to boot cellphone-happy students off Wi-Fi Updated: Jan-14-16 12:45 pm
NEW YORK - Administrators at one of New York City's most selective public high schools say students are overloading the school's Wi-Fi by accessing YouTube and Snapchat on their phones.
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store Updated: Jan-12-16 4:28 pm
App Store Official Charts for the week ending Jan. 10, 2016:
- Downtown Phoenix mobile parking app causes ticket problems Updated: Jan-12-16 12:39 pm
PHOENIX - Some people who visit downtown have been receiving parking tickets despite paying for their spaces through a mobile parking application.
- App-y holidays: Apple says Jan. 1 biggest day for app store Updated: Jan-06-16 10:56 am
NEW YORK - Apple had an app-y holiday season.