- Simulator will show effects of texting and driving Updated: Mar-12-14 3:34 am
- Proposed texting ban fails in South Dakota Updated: Mar-11-14 10:26 pm
- Iowa Senate approves texting while driving bill Updated: Mar-11-14 4:55 pm
- Utah Senate OKs bill to curb texting while driving Updated: Mar-11-14 11:37 am
- Patrol: 273 citations given under Ohio texting ban Updated: Mar-09-14 3:13 pm
- France mobile bid could extend consolidation trend Updated: Mar-06-14 9:40 am
- 16 percent of state drivers say they text, email Updated: Mar-05-14 2:28 pm
- Contest awards money for texting safety posts Updated: Mar-05-14 4:08 am
- Apple dials up effort to meld iPhone with cars Updated: Mar-03-14 4:22 pm
- Ban on texting while driving to become NM law Updated: Mar-02-14 4:58 pm
- Lawmakers continue debate on texting while driving Updated: Feb-28-14 4:11 am
- Shift to mobile Internet hits Baidu profit Updated: Feb-26-14 9:43 pm
- Oklahoma House panel OKs ban on driving, texting Updated: Feb-26-14 6:35 pm
- Incentives are coming for payments by phones Updated: Feb-26-14 10:49 am
- Spokane Valley council bans texting in meetings Updated: Feb-26-14 8:52 am
- Wisconsin touts mobile app for tax refund status Updated: Feb-25-14 5:04 am
- 4G LTE network to cover Crow Creek reservation Updated: Feb-21-14 1:13 pm
- Woman uses iPhone app to track stolen items Updated: Feb-21-14 6:11 am
- Does WhatsApp deal show Facebook knows what's up? Updated: Feb-20-14 5:27 pm
- WhatsApp deal highlights suite of similar apps Updated: Feb-20-14 5:19 am
- Criminal records to be accessed on smartphones Updated: Feb-19-14 8:16 pm
- NM lawmakers OK ban on texting while driving Updated: Feb-18-14 9:13 pm
- Iowa panel OKs stricter texting while driving bill Updated: Feb-18-14 6:15 pm
- Review: Mobile app shows where to find friends Updated: Feb-18-14 2:44 pm
- Cellphones may accelerate NJ online gambling Updated: Feb-17-14 4:28 pm
GALLATIN, Tennessee - Members of the public are invited to Volunteer State Community College in Gallatin later this month to try a special vehicle simulator that allows the operator to see the dangers in texting while driving.
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota won't join 41 other states in banning texting while driving, a special legislative committee decided Tuesday after failing to negotiate a compromise between bans passed by the House and Senate.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Lawmakers in the Iowa Senate want to crack down on texting while driving, but some legislators worry the bill doesn't do enough to address the larger issue of distracted driving.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah lawmakers have advanced a measure to curb texting while driving.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - More than 270 citations have been issued to drivers for texting or using a cellphone behind the wheel in violation of a new Ohio law, according to data from the State Highway Patrol.
PARIS - French conglomerate Bouygues offered 10.5 billion euros ($14.4 billion) for control of mobile operator SFR telecommunications, launching a bidding war Thursday that could extend the wireless industry's attempts to consolidate in Europe.
LANSING, Michigan - A poll reports a doubling in the percentage of Michigan drivers who acknowledge they text or use email while behind the wheel since the previous survey two years earlier.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana agencies will reward high school and college students for their top social media posts urging others to "Drive Now. TXT L8R."
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple is accelerating the race to make smartphone applications easier and safer to use in cars.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A proposal to ban texting while driving in New Mexico has become a state law.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers are still talking about banning drivers from sending text messages.
BEIJING - Baidu Inc., which operates China's leading search engine, said Thursday its quarterly profit edged down 0.4 percent as it spent heavily to promote mobile services amid an industrywide scramble to keep up with users who increasingly surf the Web on smartphones.
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma House committee approved legislation Wednesday that would prohibit texting, emailing and instant messaging while driving a vehicle over the objections of opponents who said the measure would be difficult to enforce.
BARCELONA, Spain - Many people use their smartphones to watch video, play games and wake them up in the morning. Some even use them to generate digital boarding passes to fly. So why not use phones to buy stuff at retail stores as well?
SPOKANE, Washington - The Spokane Valley City Council has banned texting by members during meetings.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Department of Revenue is touting its mobile app that allows taxpayers to track the status of their tax refund.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A new wireless broadband service will soon cover the Crow Creek reservation.
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - A woman helped police track down items stolen out of her car by using an app on her iPhone to track her stolen iPad.
SAN FRANCISCO - If Facebook hopes to remain the social networking leader, CEO Mark Zuckerberg knows the company must follow the people. That realization compelled Zuckerberg to pay $19 billion for WhatsApp, a mobile messaging application that is redefining the concept of texting while its audience of 450 million users expands at an even faster clip than Facebook itself.
SEOUL, South Korea - Facebook's announcement it is paying $19 billion in cash and stock to acquire WhatsApp is a milestone in the short history of mobile messaging apps. Hundreds of millions of people have downloaded such apps to their smartphones and tablets to chat and share photos and videos for free, making them potent rivals to Facebook. WhatsApp alone has 450 million active monthly users.
SACRAMENTO, California - Attorney General Kamala Harris says her office has designed a mobile application that will allow law enforcement officers to download criminal records and other information to their smartphones.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A proposal to ban texting while driving in New Mexico has won final approval in the Legislature.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa lawmakers granted initial approval Tuesday of a bill that would further crack down on texting while driving by allowing officers to pull over motorists suspected of that sole offense.
SAN FRANCISCO - SocialRadar is a new mobile application that could become a cool way to find nearby friends and discover other interesting people living or working in the same neighborhood. Or it could just end up being another creepy example of how digital devices are making it easier for our whereabouts to be tracked by just about anyone, including strangers.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Internet gambling analysts and casino executives say the increased use of cellphones to place bets could accelerate the growth of the nascent industry in the state.