- At Asian film fest, new etiquette shows rise of mobile app Updated: Oct-05-15 8:23 am
BUSAN, South Korea - Kakao Talk, a popular mobile messaging app in South Korea, must have annoyed its share of moviegoers.
- Maryland county promotes disaster preparedness through app Updated: Oct-01-15 3:01 am
WESTMINSTER, Maryland - Carroll County officials have introduced a mobile app that sends emergency alerts to residents.
- Mobile ticket app TodayTix broadens its American reach Updated: Sep-29-15 11:02 am
NEW YORK - TodayTix, the mobile app for theater tickets, has already gotten applause in New York and London. Now it plans to open in some key U.S. cities, as part of what its founders say is a "pretty aggressive roadmap over the next couple of years."
- BlackBerry to release smartphone to run on Android OS Updated: Sep-25-15 4:55 pm
TORONTO - BlackBerry has revealed plans to release the BlackBerry Priv as its first smartphone to run on the Android operating system.
- State parks visitors help track wildlife with mobile app Updated: Sep-25-15 5:11 am
LOVELAND, Colorado - Visitors, volunteers and staff are helping Colorado Parks and Wildlife track wildlife in state parks with a mobile application.
- State launches new emergency preparedness mobile app Updated: Sep-25-15 4:10 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - MS Ready is the Mississippi State Department of Health's emergency preparedness mobile app.
- Jonesboro schools testing panic button alert system Updated: Sep-20-15 12:08 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - It was a typical dog day in Northeast Arkansas; a peaceful day at the administration building of the Jonesboro Public Schools District.
- Upper Peninsula rolling out system to respond to 911 texts Updated: Sep-17-15 8:56 am
IRON MOUNTAIN, Michigan - The Upper Peninsula is rolling out a system to allow people to text 911 in an emergency.
- Lafayette trying new smartphone app to track offenders Updated: Sep-17-15 7:59 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A new smartphone-based app will make cumbersome ankle bracelets a relic for some Lafayette Parish offenders sentenced to a GPS tracking program.
- Chicago transit system close to releasing mobile fare app Updated: Sep-17-15 5:20 am
CHICAGO - Chicago transit officials say they're making progress in developing a mobile fare app expected to launch later this year.
- Tech disruption hangs over automakers at Frankfurt show Updated: Sep-16-15 12:11 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - A sense of impending disruption hangs over all the shiny new cars at this year's edition of the Frankfurt International Motor Show.
- UAB hosts event focused on dangers of distracted pedestrians Updated: Sep-15-15 5:05 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A week of events at the University of Alabama-Birmingham will focus on the potential dangers of texting while walking and other distractions to pedestrians.
- Springfield father campaigns against texting while driving Updated: Sep-14-15 7:49 am
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - A Springfield father is campaigning to keep teenagers off their phones while they are behind the wheel with a series of billboards around the city.
- First Look: What's inside matters in new iPhones Updated: Sep-10-15 4:25 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Don't let looks deceive you.
- The Latest: A stronger frame in new iPhones Updated: Sep-09-15 2:36 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The latest news on iPhones and other products from Apple's event in San Francisco. All times are PDT.
- Commissioner will discipline texting Philly ambulance driver Updated: Sep-09-15 9:05 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia Fire Commissioner Derrick Sawyer says an ambulance driver caught texting while driving will be disciplined.
- Apple event to focus on new iPhones, Apple TV and Siri Updated: Sep-08-15 11:53 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Hey, Siri, what does Apple have in store for us this week?