- Grand jury in Kan. indicts Chinese scientists Updated: Dec-20-13 12:30 pm
- BlackBerry posts 3Q loss of $4.4B Updated: Dec-20-13 12:30 pm
- Russian oligarch Mikhail Khodorkovsky a free man Updated: Dec-20-13 12:29 pm
- US growth upgrade gives stocks another lift Updated: Dec-20-13 12:20 pm
- Report: LSU hospital deals may face financial woes Updated: Dec-20-13 12:20 pm
- Georgia company settles with feds over land use Updated: Dec-20-13 12:19 pm
- Stocks advance on strong US economic growth Updated: Dec-20-13 12:07 pm
- Used-car dealership chain CarMax 3Q profit up Updated: Dec-20-13 11:35 am
- Drugstore chain Walgreen's 1Q profit jumps 68 pct Updated: Dec-20-13 11:26 am
- Report ranks Nebraska 5th for volunteerism Updated: Dec-20-13 11:25 am
- Altria, Philip Morris Int'l partnering on products Updated: Dec-20-13 10:51 am
- Company to bring 600 jobs to KCI maintenance base Updated: Dec-20-13 10:42 am
- Whirlpool moving some production to US plant Updated: Dec-20-13 10:19 am
- CEO sentenced to 4 years in prison for fraud Updated: Dec-20-13 9:23 am
- 2 companies to invest $28.6M, add jobs in Michigan Updated: Dec-20-13 9:01 am
- Provident Financial Services buying Team Capital Updated: Dec-20-13 7:54 am
- EU watchdog investigates Telefonica's German buy Updated: Dec-20-13 7:54 am
- Financing deal set on $1B S. Ind. fertilizer plant Updated: Dec-20-13 7:43 am
- European regulator: Google offer not enough Updated: Dec-20-13 7:10 am
- China promises to promote US beef imports Updated: Dec-20-13 7:01 am
- Regional Native corporation names new CEO Updated: Dec-20-13 6:26 am
- Axiall considers La. for $3 billion ethane plant Updated: Dec-20-13 4:36 am
- Students give Calumet proposal to heat buildings Updated: Dec-20-13 4:14 am
- Ariz. Commerce Authority CEO gets bonus near $69K Updated: Dec-20-13 3:19 am
- Bluefield Area Transit opening new facility Updated: Dec-20-13 3:10 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Two scientists from China have been indicted on federal charges accusing them of stealing seeds developed by a U.S. bioscience company and giving the seeds to members of a visiting delegation from China.
TORONTO - BlackBerry reported a massive $4.4 billion loss in the third quarter and a 56 percent drop in revenue in its first quarterly report under new chairman and interim chief executive John Chen.
BERLIN - After spending 10 years in Russian jails for what many in the West believe were trumped-up offenses, Mikhail Khodorkovsky left prison a free man Friday and immediately flew to Germany.
PARIS - News that the U.S. economy grew by more than previously thought in the third quarter shored up global markets Friday and sent the main U.S. indexes up to record highs.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The current financing structure for Gov. Bobby Jindal's privatization deals for the LSU network of hospitals and clinics is risky and may run into shortfalls within five years, according to a nonpartisan report released Friday.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Prosecutors say a Georgia company will pay $55,000 to settle a federal investigation over unauthorized use of public land in Alaska.
NEW YORK - Stocks rose in midday trading Friday after the U.S. reported unexpectedly strong economic growth during the third quarter. The Dow Jones industrial average and the Standard & Poor's 500 index pushed further into record territory. The S&P 500 is up 27 percent so far this year. If the gains hold the market could have its biggest year since 1997.
RICHMOND, Virginia - CarMax Inc. said Friday that higher sales drove the used-car dealership chain's third-quarter profit up more than 12 percent.
Walgreen's fiscal first-quarter earnings soared 68 percent as investments in other companies paid off for the nation's largest drugstore chain, but a slowdown in generic drug introductions helped squeeze profitability.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A new report says Nebraska has one of the nation's highest volunteerism rates, with more than one in three residents who stepped up to serve last year.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The makers of Marlboro cigarettes sold in the U.S. and those sold overseas are sharing their technology for electronic cigarettes and other new tobacco products.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - An aviation maintenance and overhaul firm from Washington plans to bring about 600 new jobs to a maintenance base at the Kansas City International Airport, with the possibility of up to 1,000 jobs in the future.
BENTON HARBOR, Michigan - Whirlpool is moving production of its commercial front-load washing machines from Mexico to Ohio.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Federal prosecutors say a New York man has been sentenced to four years in prison for his role in a multimillion dollar fraud scheme at a debt collection company where he was chief executive officer.
LANSING, Michigan - Two companies planning to invest up to $28.6 million in Michigan will get support for expansion efforts from the state, officials announced.
ISELIN, New Jersey - Provident Financial Services is buying Team Capital Bank in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $122 million, helping to broaden its reach into Pennsylvania.
AMSTERDAM - Europe's top antitrust regulator says it has launched an in-depth investigation of Telefonica SA's proposed 8.55 billion euro ($11.7 billion) purchase of E-Plus, the German arm of Dutch telecommunications company Royal KPN NV.
ROCKPORT, Indiana - A businessman says he has reached a deal with a Chinese company to finance a proposed southern Indiana fertilizer plant that could cost nearly $1 billion to build.
AMSTERDAM - Europe's top regulator said Friday Google's recent concessions to resolve concerns it is abusing its dominant position in search are not enough.
BEIJING - China promised Friday to ease restrictions on imports of U.S. beef and to speed up work on opening its market for government purchases of software and other goods.
KODIAK, Alaska - Regional Native corporation Koniag Inc. has named a new CEO.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Axiall Corp. is considering building a $3 billion ethane cracker and chemical plant somewhere in Louisiana.
CALUMET, Michigan - Michigan Tech student researchers have spent the semester analyzing the feasibility of using mine water to heat buildings in the village of Calumet through a geothermal energy system.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Commerce Authority is awarding its CEO a nearly $69,000 bonus based on performance on top of her $250,000 salary.
BLUEFIELD, West Virginia - Transportation officials are marking the opening of the administrative and maintenance facilities for the Bluefield Area Transit program.