- State-sponsored company wanted to finance pipeline Updated: Apr-20-14 3:07 pm
- Company seeks to strike state cap on jury awards Updated: Apr-20-14 2:29 pm
- Brand names in NY standardized tests vex parents Updated: Apr-20-14 1:41 pm
- Investment firm affiliate files for bankruptcy Updated: Apr-20-14 11:19 am
- Emirati firm promises to send citizen into space Updated: Apr-20-14 11:13 am
- Automakers unveil China-focused models in Beijing Updated: Apr-20-14 11:07 am
- Foundation head expects assets to grow to $150M Updated: Apr-20-14 11:01 am
- GM boosting China production capacity to 5 million Updated: Apr-20-14 10:52 am
- SC data security efforts, monitoring may cost $27M Updated: Apr-20-14 10:47 am
- Fla. tax execs get prison for fraud, ID theft Updated: Apr-20-14 2:04 am
- McEwen ammunition plant explosion ruled accidental Updated: Apr-19-14 6:01 pm
- Tillamook Cheese expands Port of Morrow facility Updated: Apr-19-14 5:38 pm
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall Updated: Apr-19-14 4:47 pm
- Anita Baker countersues home improvement company Updated: Apr-19-14 2:34 pm
- Special car, plate for veteran at NY Auto Show Updated: Apr-19-14 2:29 pm
- Fiat and Chrysler to build 3 Jeep models in China Updated: Apr-19-14 1:38 pm
- Rules leave pot test labs with little oversight Updated: Apr-19-14 1:34 pm
- 200-plus selling to expanding chemical co. Updated: Apr-19-14 11:22 am
- Offshore demand resurrects Houma's Leevac shipyard Updated: Apr-19-14 1:04 am
- NY judge upholds charges against financier's kin Updated: Apr-18-14 9:19 pm
- Whole Foods recalls croissants over undeclared egg Updated: Apr-18-14 7:43 pm
- Gilbert, Penske on Detroit bankruptcy witness list Updated: Apr-18-14 7:31 pm
- 5 features an Amazon phone might offer Updated: Apr-18-14 7:13 pm
- Judge says American can't end retiree benefits yet Updated: Apr-18-14 6:25 pm
- Former gov't informant charged with wire fraud Updated: Apr-18-14 5:25 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A state-sponsored company that directed millions of dollars from foreign investors to the idled Northern Beef Packers plant in South Dakota attempted to finance the Keystone XL oil pipeline.
BUTTE, Montana - A Butte-based office supply company is asking the Montana Supreme Court to uphold a lower judge's ruling that the state's cap on punitive damage awards is unconstitutional.
NEW YORK - "Just Do It" has been a familiar Nike slogan for years, but some parents are wondering what it was doing on some of New York's Common Core standardized English tests.
BOISE, Idaho - A subsidiary of a Meridian company once fined by Idaho regulators for misleading investors has filed for bankruptcy.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - One lucky citizen of the oil-rich United Arab Emirates could soon get the chance to be rocketed into space.
BEIJING - Ford Motor Co. on Sunday unveiled a new Escort sedan designed in China for global sale at a Beijing auto show that highlighted the growing influence of Chinese tastes on the industry.
HELENA, Montana - The chairman of a foundation funded by the sale of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana says he expects the foundation's assets to grow from $40 million to more than $150 million.
BEIJING - The president of General Motors said Sunday that the company and local partners are boosting production capacity for GM-brand vehicles in China to 5 million.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina may spend $27 million next fiscal year on continued efforts to secure taxpayers' personal data and provide another year of credit protection following the 2012 hacking at the state's tax-collection agency.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Former executives at a Broward County tax preparation firm have been sentenced to federal prison for their roles in a $2 million tax fraud and identity theft operation.
MCEWEN, Tennessee - The deadly explosion at a McEwen ammunition plant was accidental, according to a preliminary investigation by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
BOARDMAN, Oregon - Tillamook Cheese has completed a 65,000-square-foot expansion of its cheese-making facility at the Port of Morrow to process both lactose powder and a dried whey protein concentrate.
DETROIT - General Motors waited years to recall nearly 335,000 Saturn Ions for power steering failures despite getting thousands of consumer complaints and more than 30,000 warranty repair claims, according to government documents released Saturday.
DETROIT - Grammy Award-winning singer Anita Baker has countersued a company that says it hasn't been paid for work done on her Detroit-area home.
NEW YORK - A wounded Iraq war veteran has been given a specially outfitted SUV by Toyota, and he's gotten an honorary license plate for it from New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
ROME - Fiat and Chrysler announced plans Saturday to build three new Jeep models in China for that market, the biggest for the vehicles outside the United States, as they attempt to boost sales in a country where they lag behind their competitors.
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Legislature's vote last year to regulate medical marijuana shops created new business opportunities for another kind of pot enterprise - marijuana testing - but leaves it virtually unregulated.
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - More than 200 Mossville and Brentwood residents with property close to the Sasol chemical company's Westlake facility have agreed to sell their property to the company as part of a voluntary relocation plan.
HOUMA, Louisiana - With oil and gas companies thirsting for more supplies on deepwater platforms and rigs, orders for new ships to truck everything from drilling mud to macaroni and cheese have climbed. That demand has one old Houma shipyard roaring back to life.
NEW YORK - A judge has declined to toss out federal fraud charges against the brother of a one-time billionaire hedge fund founder, though she noted that two charges have flaws that the government must fix.
AUSTIN, Texas - Whole Foods Markets is recalling mini butter croissants sold in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana because they contain eggs, an undeclared allergen.
DETROIT - The names of high-profile businessmen Dan Gilbert and Roger Penske are among those on a witness list for a court proceeding this summer on Detroit's plan to exit bankruptcy.
NEW YORK - A report this week in The Wall Street Journal that Amazon is planning to release a smartphone has prompted industry analysts and technology blogs to muse about what the device might offer.
DALLAS - A federal judge has rejected an attempt by American Airlines to quickly cut off benefits for many of its retirees.
CHICAGO - A Chicago real estate developer who was a key government witness in corruption cases is facing federal charges after authorities say he stole $370,000 from a Chicago suburb.