- Ford adding 2,000 jobs to make 2017 aluminum-body Super Duty Updated: Dec-01-15 12:06 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Ford Motor Co. says it's adding 2,000 jobs and investing $1.3 billion at the Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville to build the new aluminum-body Super Duty truck.
- China factory index at 3-year low, services improve Updated: Nov-30-15 11:49 pm
HONG KONG - Chinese manufacturing was at its weakest in more than three years in November despite stimulus measures to bolster the world's No. 2 economy while service industries improved, according to an official survey released Tuesday.
- Samsung replaces mobile chief as smartphone lead dwindles Updated: Nov-30-15 11:34 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Samsung appointed a new mobile president at Samsung Electronics for the first time in six years after growth stalled at the world's largest smartphone maker.
- Bakk says Iron Range food shelves need help Updated: Nov-30-15 7:25 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A tide of mine closures and layoffs sweeping across Minnesota's Iron Range gave extra weight Monday to Senate Majority Leader Tom Bakk's annual drive to help stock northeastern Minnesota food shelves.
- Chemours to cut about 400 positions Updated: Nov-30-15 7:19 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The Chemours Co., a chemicals business spun off from the Dupont Co. earlier this year, says it is laying off about 5 percent of its global workforce.
- Private company canceling prison health care contract Updated: Nov-30-15 6:37 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The private company responsible for providing health care to most of Florida's prisons says it is terminating its contract.
- Judge gives Wyoming Lottery Corp. 15 days to amend lawsuit Updated: Nov-30-15 6:28 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A state judge is giving the Wyoming Lottery Corporation 15 days to amend its lawsuit that seeks to block a local man from criticizing the corporation.
- Audit: Millions in equipment missing from LSU hospitals Updated: Nov-30-15 6:13 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Nearly $6 million in state-owned hospital equipment can't be located, and millions more bought for the recently opened New Orleans public hospital hasn't been tracked properly, according to an audit released Monday.
- Report: More Northeast casinos, more Atlantic City closures Updated: Nov-30-15 5:57 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A Wall Street firm predicts a new wave of casino expansion in the Northeastern U.S. will lead to more casino closings in Atlantic City.
- Jurors still without verdict in ex-coal CEO's federal trial Updated: Nov-30-15 5:33 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Jurors have deliberated another day without reaching a verdict in ex-Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship's trial.
- Gastonia woman gets prison sentence on fraud charges Updated: Nov-30-15 5:03 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Federal prosecutors say a Gastonia woman has been sentenced to more than three years in prison for stealing nearly $600,000 from a Charlotte-based company that builds and repairs tennis courts and running tracks.
- San Francisco Bay weighs tougher air rules for refineries Updated: Nov-30-15 4:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco Bay officials are considering what they say are the toughest emission rules in the nation for oil refineries.
- Taxpayers pay more than $6M for PR services to state Updated: Nov-30-15 2:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island taxpayers have paid more than $6 million last year to private companies that provided communication and marketing services for state government agencies.
- Apple Music adds streaming for wireless Sonos speakers Updated: Nov-30-15 1:55 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple is adding a missing element to its streaming music service by making it possible for home listeners to send tunes from Apple Music to WiFi-enabled speakers made by Sonos.
- UNM announces major marketing campaign aimed at new students Updated: Nov-30-15 1:45 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The University of New Mexico is launching a major marketing campaign in hopes of attracting more students.
- Branstad says no delay needed for Medicaid privatization Updated: Nov-30-15 12:35 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - There is no reason to delay plans to shift Iowa's Medicaid operation to private management, even though a judge has recommended that the state throw out one of four contracts awarded to companies to run the program, Gov. Terry Branstad said Monday.
- Head of Brazilian federation subject of senate investigation Updated: Nov-30-15 12:19 pm
SAO PAULO - The embattled president of the Brazilian soccer confederation is under investigation for marketing deals with a major carmaker.
- Fermi 2 restarts after shutdown for refueling, maintenance Updated: Nov-30-15 11:19 am
FRENCHTOWN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - DTE Energy Co. says the reactor at the Fermi 2 nuclear power plant in southeastern Michigan has been restarted after being shut down for refueling and maintenance.
- Whitehall gold mine lays off 135 employees Updated: Nov-30-15 10:21 am
WHITEHALL, Montana - With 135 workers losing their jobs Monday, the last open-pit gold mine in Whitehall is ceasing operations.
- Deere lays off 220 employees, citing sales drop Updated: Nov-30-15 10:12 am
MOLINE, Illinois - Deere & Co. is laying off about 220 workers from its Seeding and Cylinder operation in its hometown as agricultural machinery sales slump.
- Shell Chemical to spend $717 million to expand Geismar plant Updated: Nov-30-15 9:48 am
GEISMAR, Louisiana - Shell Chemical LP will develop a new linear alpha olefins manufacturing unit at the company's Ascension Parish complex.
- For some people, the older the smartphone, the better Updated: Nov-30-15 9:31 am
NEW YORK - Between splashy launches, lavish new-phone offers (get a free HDTV on activation!) and frequent software updates that slow down your old handset, it sometimes feels like the entire technology industry is pushing you to buy the latest smartphone. Yet some holdouts resist.
- City to receive incentives request for Menard Inc. facility Updated: Nov-30-15 8:02 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The Lawrence City Commission will soon receive a home improvement retailer's request for public incentives to construct a production plant and warehouse in the city.
- Bobby Valentine's planned off-track betting facility delayed Updated: Nov-30-15 7:09 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - The proposal for Stamford's first off-track betting facility has been approved by the city's Board of Representatives, but the project remains in limbo thanks to a pending corporate takeover.
- State agency approves acquisition of Public Gas Co. Updated: Nov-30-15 4:00 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Frontier Gas LLC is expanding again with the purchase of Public Gas Co.