- Charges dropped against Chinese woman in trade secrets case Updated: Jul-29-15 2:40 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A judge has dismissed charges against the wife of a Chinese billionaire who was accused of conspiring to steal trade secrets from U.S. seed companies.
- Pence picks prominent Democrat as development agency chief Updated: Jul-29-15 2:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican Gov. Mike Pence has picked a prominent Democrat as the new leader of Indiana's business-recruitment agency.
- Northrop Grumman rises on 2Q profit and stronger outlook Updated: Jul-29-15 2:34 pm
FALLS CHURCH, Virginia - Shares of Northrop Grumman climbed Wednesday after the defense contractor posted a stronger-than-expected profit in the second quarter and raised its outlook for the year.
- Lawmakers poised to leave town with lots of work left undone Updated: Jul-29-15 2:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress is on track to shore up federal highway aid and veterans' health care before heading out of town this week for its August recess, leaving an array of sticky issues unresolved that are sure to complicate an autumn agenda already groaning under the weight of indecision.
- Stocks stay higher after Fed keeps interest rates unchanged Updated: Jul-29-15 2:20 pm
NEW YORK - Stocks are staying higher after the Federal Reserve said it was keeping its benchmark rate unchanged after its two-day policy meeting ended.
- Correction: Weight Loss-Balloon story Updated: Jul-29-15 1:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story July 28 about an inflatable medical balloon approved to treat obesity, The Associated Press reported erroneously the amount of weight patients regained after having the device removed. Patients actually regained about one-third of their lost weight.
- Yahoo plays catch-up in messaging with video texting app Updated: Jul-29-15 1:26 pm
NEW YORK - Imagine making a video call without other people being able to listen in.
- Cost-cutting, gambling rise boost Mohegan Sun 3Q profit Updated: Jul-29-15 1:16 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - A spike in slot machine and table game use and cost-cutting helped significantly boost third-quarter profit at the Mohegan Sun casinos in Connecticut and Pennsylvania, the parent company reported Wednesday.
- Better economy has smokers buying more Marlboros Updated: Jul-29-15 12:31 pm
NEW YORK - A better economy is helping sell more Marlboros and Camels, even as prices climb. That brought higher profits for their makers in the second quarter.
- Humana beats 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Jul-29-15 12:04 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Humana's second-quarter earnings jumped about 25 percent in a better-than-expected performance, as a business sale gain and premium growth helped the Medicare Advantage coverage provider.
- Former party finance director named to Democrats' post Updated: Jul-29-15 10:52 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The former finance director of the Nebraska Democratic Party has been named the party's new executive director.
- Insurer Anthem hikes 2015 forecast, 2Q earnings climb Updated: Jul-29-15 10:17 am
Anthem has pumped up its 2015 forecast again after earnings jumped more than 17 percent in its most recent quarter, helped by a surge in government money.
- Amedisys easily beats Wall Street forecast Updated: Jul-29-15 10:08 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Amedisys Inc., a Baton Rouge-based home health and hospice company, increased its second-quarter earnings to $10.6 million, or 32 cents per share, from $7.6 million, or 24 cents a share, a year earlier.
- Mylan gets European clearance in proposed Perrigo takeover Updated: Jul-29-15 10:08 am
NEW YORK - Mylan NV said Wednesday that it received European regulatory approval to move forward with its proposed buyout of Perrigo Co., which has resisted repeated overtures.
- Nokia launches virtual reality camera for 3D video Updated: Jul-29-15 10:07 am
HELSINKI - Nokia says it's launching a virtual reality camera that will be able to capture three-dimensional video designed for professional content creators.
- MasterCard 2Q profit slips and revenue falls short Updated: Jul-29-15 9:40 am
PURCHASE, New York - MasterCard Inc. on Wednesday said that its second-quarter profit edged down 1 percent as a strong dollar weighed on the company's results.
- Mini recalls about 35K cars to bolster side crash resistance Updated: Jul-29-15 8:58 am
DETROIT - Mini is recalling about 35,000 cars in the U.S. and Canada because they don't meet side-impact crash-test requirements.
- US strength helps Goodyear top expectations Updated: Jul-29-15 8:55 am
AKRON, Ohio - The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. on Wednesday reported a drop in second-quarter profit as a strong U.S. dollar cut into international sales, but the results beat Wall Street expectations.
- Ahold USA joins initiative on farmworker pay Updated: Jul-29-15 8:49 am
IMMOKALEE, Florida - A major U.S. grocery company joined an initiative Wednesday that requires its Florida tomato suppliers to increase farmworker pay and protect workers from forced labor and sexual assault.
- Continental plans $49M expansion of Culpeper County facility Updated: Jul-29-15 8:32 am
CULPEPER, Virginia - Automotive supplier Continental plans a $49 million expansion of its manufacturing facility in Culpeper County.
- Drugmaker GSK sees earnings growth returning in 2016 Updated: Jul-29-15 8:32 am
LONDON - Britain-based drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline has reported a drop in earnings in the first full quarter since its deal to swap some assets with Swiss rival Novartis.
- Exelon beats 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Jul-29-15 8:31 am
CHICAGO - Exelon Corp. (EXC) on Wednesday reported second-quarter net income of $638 million.
- PG&E beats 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Jul-29-15 8:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG) on Wednesday reported second-quarter earnings of $406 million.
- Revlon posts 2Q profit Updated: Jul-29-15 8:19 am
NEW YORK - Revlon Inc. (REV) on Wednesday reported second-quarter earnings of $26 million.
- CNH Industrial profits down 55 percent in second quarter Updated: Jul-29-15 8:10 am
MILAN - CNH Industrial, the Italian maker of construction and agriculture machinery, says second-quarter earnings dropped by more than half on lower sales of combines and larger tractors in North and South America.