- Sam Hunt: Hard to wrap head around 2 Grammy nominations Updated: Feb-09-16 11:52 am
SANTA CLARA, California - It's hard for rising singer Sam Hunt to wrap his head around earning two Grammy nominations - mainly because music started as a hobby for the 31-year-old.
- Producer Dave Cobb goes from outsiders to influencers Updated: Feb-08-16 2:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Producer Dave Cobb sits on a couch in the cavernous RCA Studio A, a 50-year-old studio on Music Row that was due to be razed to the ground less than two years ago to make room for luxury condos.
- Sam Hunt: Playing Super Bowl blends love for music, sports Updated: Feb-07-16 8:16 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - As a kid, Sam Hunt dreamt of playing in the Super Bowl. And he was on the right path as a quarterback for both Middle Tennessee State University and the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Soul diva Rihanna to perform at Grammy Awards Updated: Feb-05-16 4:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Rihanna is joining the list of performers at the Grammy Awards later this month.
- John Scofield goes back to the future on Grammy-nominated CD Updated: Feb-05-16 12:56 pm
NEW YORK - Jazz guitarist John Scofield went back to the future on his Grammy-nominated CD "Past Present," reuniting members of his acclaimed quartet from the early 1990s to play his new compositions.
- Band Perry on Denver Broncos, Lady Gaga and Grammys Updated: Feb-05-16 1:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Returning to perform ahead of the Super Bowl is good and (sort of) bad for country trio The Band Perry, who last performed around the 2014 game.
- Singer Andra Day rises as soul songstress Updated: Feb-04-16 12:54 pm
ATLANTA - A phone call from Stevie Wonder changed Andra Day's life. He called Day and asked if he could work with her.
- Chris Stapleton to lead B.B. King tribute at Grammys Updated: Feb-04-16 10:20 am
NEW YORK - Country singer Chris Stapleton will join Gary Clark Jr. and Bonnie Raitt at the Grammy Awards later this month for a tribute to the late blues master B.B. King.
- Cast of Broadway's 'Hamilton' to perform at Grammy show Updated: Feb-03-16 1:01 pm
NEW YORK - The Grammy Awards this year will have a little Broadway sparkle: The cast of "Hamilton" will perform live via satellite from the Richard Rodgers Theatre.
- The 10-time Grammy winner you don't know about but should Updated: Feb-03-16 11:38 am
NEW YORK - His role is at the finish line of an album - helping it sound as perfect as possible before it's available to the masses. He's won 10 Grammys, including three consecutive wins for album of the year from 2013-2015. And he's collaborated with contemporary leaders like Pharrell and Daft Punk to iconic acts like Led Zeppelin and Bruce Springsteen.
- 20 years later, metal band Sevendust relishes Grammy nod Updated: Feb-03-16 9:52 am
NEW YORK - If Grammys were handed out for sheer persistence, the metal band Sevendust would have a bunch by now.
- Lady Gaga to perform tribute to Bowie at Grammys Updated: Feb-02-16 12:28 pm
NEW YORK - Lady Gaga will pay tribute to the late David Bowie during the Grammy Awards later this month.
- Cam's dreamy 'Burning House' ignites her career Updated: Feb-01-16 9:38 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Northern California-born country singer Cam turned a bad dream about an ex-boyfriend into a song that made her musical dream come true.
- Women, youngsters dominate in rock field at Grammy Awards Updated: Jan-28-16 1:55 pm
NEW YORK - For years, men - and legacy acts - have dominated in the rock category at the Grammy Awards, leaving little room for female stars who rock as loud and hard as the guys and young bands hoping to breakthrough on the music scene.
- Rihanna, Dave Grohl added to Grammy event for Lionel Richie Updated: Jan-28-16 10:30 am
NEW YORK - Rihanna, Dave Grohl and Chris Stapleton have been added to the list of performers honoring Lionel Richie at a pre-Grammy event next month.
- Newcomer James Bay is ready to rock at the Grammy Awards Updated: Jan-27-16 3:46 pm
NEW YORK - For rock singer James Bay, receiving not one or two - but three - Grammy nominations for his debut album is "insane." That's because Bay, 25, remembers how scary it was to finally record music after performing around Europe for more than 10 years.
- Jazmine Sullivan: Grammy nods and getting her groove back Updated: Jan-26-16 10:39 am
Search the name Jazmine Sullivan online, and you're likely to find the name of another powerful vocalist-slash-songwriter: Adele. There are Twitter pleas for collaborations between the two, year-end lists including them both, and perhaps, more often, think pieces that end in questions about why Sullivan doesn't get as much appreciation as her peer from across the pond.
- Songwriting sets Grammy nominee Courtney Barnett apart Updated: Jan-25-16 1:09 pm
NEW YORK - Even with rock 'n' roll on the outskirts of popular music today, you can still pass by thousands of garages pulsing with the sharp, guitar-based sound favored by Courtney Barnett and her band.
- Kansas State professor's performance nominated for Grammys Updated: Jan-24-16 12:53 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - A Kansas State University professor has been nominated for two Grammy awards for his solo performance on an album with the Kansas City Chorale.
- Macklemore explores his 'White Privilege' in new rap song Updated: Jan-23-16 3:48 pm
NEW YORK - Macklemore explores racism and hip-hop in a new song called "White Privilege II," rapping about a white person's position in society with black people fighting injustice and even namechecking Iggy Azalea for appropriating black culture, along with himself.
- John Legend, Colombian star Juanes perform outside jail Updated: Jan-21-16 1:49 am
ELOY, Arizona - Colombian musician Juanes and singer John Legend met immigrants at a jail in Arizona on Wednesday before performing for a small crowd outside the facility to draw attention to immigration and mass incarceration.
- Country musicians mourn loss of Eagles bandleader Glenn Frey Updated: Jan-19-16 7:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Country musicians in Nashville mourned the loss of Eagles' bandleader Glenn Frey as they remembered the band's timeless impact with their smooth harmonies and memorable lyrics that embodied the cool California country rock sound.
- Looking ahead with John Legend: Grammys, Gosling and a baby Updated: Jan-19-16 1:02 pm
NEW YORK - John Legend is his own worst enemy at next month's Grammy Awards.
- Original song nominees at Oscars is battle of the pop stars Updated: Jan-14-16 12:50 pm
NEW YORK - The race for best original song at the Academy Awards is a full-blown battle of the 20-something pop stars, with Lady Gaga, Sam Smith and the Weeknd up for the honor this year.
- The Latest: Elton John remembers Bowie as 'an amazing life' Updated: Jan-11-16 7:23 pm
LONDON - The latest on the death of singer David Bowie. All times local.