- Changes coming for Powerball after slumping sales Updated: Oct-02-15 3:20 pm
HELENA, Montana - After a year of slumping sales, lottery officials are changing their popular Powerball game to improve the odds of winning smaller cash amounts while making it harder to walk away with the jackpot, the head of the Montana Lottery said Friday.
- Changes coming to Powerball beginning Sunday Updated: Oct-02-15 12:23 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Beginning Sunday, the Powerball is implementing changes to make it easier to win some prizes but harder to win the jackpot.
- As gamblers shun stingier slots, casinos shake things up Updated: Sep-28-15 3:40 pm
LAS VEGAS - Move aside one-armed bandits. The casino floor is making room for game zones with oversized popping dice, digital spinning Big Six wheels and virtual roulette, with an eye on adding arcade-style video games in the not-so-distant future.
- Off-track betting drops by 25 percent in NY amid competition Updated: Sep-25-15 3:41 pm
ALBANY, New York - A sizeable drop in off-track-betting in New York state is threatening the solvency of the industry and its contributions to local governments, a state audit released Friday says.
- Anderson takes fantasy football owners to task Updated: Sep-24-15 3:29 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - C.J. Anderson wonders if the guy running the craps table catches this much grief.
- Ferrari dealership inside Wynn Las Vegas casino to close Updated: Sep-23-15 6:03 pm
LAS VEGAS - A gambler's chance to win big and buy a luxury Ferrari or Maserati without ever leaving the Wynn Las Vegas resort-casino is speeding away.
- Shoshone Rose Casino begins $30M expansion Updated: Sep-21-15 12:07 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Officials are moving forward with a $30 million expansion to the Shoshone Rose Casino near Lander in an effort to draw in more out-of-town visitors.
- 3 Atlantic City casinos fined $14K for prohibited gamblers Updated: Sep-21-15 11:51 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Three Atlantic City casinos have been fined more than $14,000 for allowing 117 underage or self-excluded gamblers to place bets.
- Hartford officer fired after alleged racist comments Updated: Sep-17-15 12:34 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Hartford police officer has been fired after he was accused of making racist comments at Foxwoods Resort Casino.
- Recusals raise odds for review of New Jersey betting appeal Updated: Sep-16-15 2:53 pm
Two recent developments might have raised the odds that New Jersey will get another chance to argue in court in support of its law allowing legal sports betting in the state.
- Good fortune: Man wins lottery using fortune cookie numbers Updated: Sep-16-15 8:50 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Boca Raton man who claimed a $10 million Florida Lotto jackpot says he used numbers found in a fortune cookie.
- Big payout: Top-selling lottery retailer has winning ticket Updated: Sep-12-15 9:05 am
BALTIMORE - The regulars at the Soda Pop Shop Mart had heard the story before - how Bill Jenkins accidentally played the same set of Keno numbers twice in 2012, leaving him with two $10,000 winning tickets instead of one.
- Track officials 'devastated' by ban on horse racing machines Updated: Sep-11-15 5:58 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Turning off 200 machines Friday morning had already caused John Sheldon to lose 80 employees by the afternoon.
- Man famous for MIT blackjack exploits to address casinos Updated: Sep-04-15 7:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - A man who wouldn't be welcome to play blackjack in any Las Vegas casino will be the keynote speaker at the gambling industry's annual Global Gaming Expo.
- Arcade-style gambling games inch closer to Nevada casinos Updated: Sep-03-15 3:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - Arcade-style slot machines that might require skill to win could be in Nevada casinos as early as next year, according to one game maker's estimate now that a single regulatory vote remains.