- MGM Resorts hires former Nevada congressman to brand casino Updated: Jul-31-15 6:19 am
LAS VEGAS - Former Nevada Congressman Steven Horsford is helping MGM Resorts International make sure the casino company keeps its word to Prince George's County officials and hires at least half its workforce for MGM National Harbor in Maryland from the county and contracts with minority-owned businesses.
- Wisconsin asks US Supreme Court to take Ho Chunk casino case Updated: Jul-28-15 10:56 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to hear his appeal of a federal court ruling that allows the Ho-Chunk Nation to offer video poker at its Madison casino.
- State tells tribe: Prepare to end blackjack games at casinos Updated: Jul-27-15 5:31 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida and the Seminole Tribe of Florida seem headed for a showdown about the operation of the tribe's successful casinos.
- Biloxi man hits the jackpot for $638K at Palace Casino Updated: Jul-27-15 5:49 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Playing the penny slots can payoff big time.
- Waterpark, offices approved for Atlantic City casino area Updated: Jul-21-15 6:35 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Plans for a family entertainment complex that will include an 81,000 square-foot waterpark have been approved for a former Atlantic City casino.
- State lottery sales increase slightly despite fewer jackpots Updated: Jul-17-15 11:34 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Lottery ticket sales increased slightly in North Dakota over the last fiscal year despite fewer multimillion dollar jackpots, the state's lottery director said.
- Siblings testify, defense rests in Iowa man's lottery trial Updated: Jul-16-15 8:46 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Three siblings of a former lottery worker accused of rigging a Hot Lotto game testified on his behalf Thursday before his defense rested its case.
- Pete Rose still beloved in hometown despite scandals Updated: Jul-11-15 3:52 am
CINCINNATI - A photograph of the bat and ball from Pete Rose's record-setting 4,192nd hit has adorned the back of the enormous video board at Great American Ball Park for a dozen years, reminding everyone of one of the city's biggest sports moments.
- French handball star Karabatic fined over illegal betting Updated: Jul-10-15 10:29 am
PARIS - France's biggest handball star Nikola Karabatic and his brother have been ordered to pay thousands of euros in fines for involvement in illegal betting.
- 10-year casino restriction OK'd on shuttered Trump Plaza Updated: Jul-09-15 4:32 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's former Trump Plaza casino is likely to remain closed for at least 10 years following a judge's approval Thursday of a deed restriction prohibiting anyone from re-opening it as a casino.
- The case of a casino's stolen 'blarney stone' is solved Updated: Jul-09-15 4:22 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas casino says its burgled "blarney stone" is back after a down-on-his-luck gambler took it from its perch at 2:31 a.m. Wednesday and remorsefully returned it around 1:30 a.m. Thursday. That's after the casino's owner took to social media to shame the rock robber into returning it.
- Hacker attacks gambling websites, demands Bitcoin ransom Updated: Jul-07-15 9:25 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A hacker shut down four New Jersey Internet gambling sites for half an hour last week and threatened more cyberattacks over the holiday weekend unless a ransom was paid using the online currency Bitcoin, authorities said Tuesday.
- MGM to sell Reno casino-hotels for $72.5 million Updated: Jul-07-15 8:19 pm
RENO, Nevada - MGM Resorts International says it's selling Circus Circus Reno and its stake in the Silver Legacy Resort Casino Reno to Eldorado Resorts Inc. for $72.5 million.
- VictoryLand seeks return of cash, machines Updated: Jul-07-15 3:31 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - VictoryLand is asking the state to return seized gambling machines and cash as the Macon County casino looks to reopen.
- Plans emerge for new casino-hotel on site of New Frontier Updated: Jul-06-15 4:37 pm
LAS VEGAS - Initial plans for a casino-hotel that may rise from the Las Vegas Strip site where the New Frontier once stood show two hotel towers with 1,100 rooms and a 126,000-square-foot space for a water feature inside.
- Atlantic City betting big on non-gambling attractions Updated: Jul-06-15 2:25 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's efforts to recapture some of the tourism dollars it has lost to casino competition in recent years finally appear to be working.
- Friends trying to hand off rice cooker cause scare at casino Updated: Jul-04-15 5:19 pm
LINCOLN, Rhode Island - Police say two friends trying to hand off a rice cooker at a Rhode Island casino caused a brief security scare.
- In Massachusetts, lottery and casinos vie for gambling cash Updated: Jul-02-15 5:42 pm
BOSTON - Call it a clash of the state's gambling titans.