- UnitedHealth's 1Q profit tumbles 8 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 11:19 am
- Colorado economic indicators seen as positive Updated: Apr-17-14 11:17 am
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 11:14 am
- 2 Anglo Irish Bank executives convicted of fraud Updated: Apr-17-14 10:58 am
- Stocks drift after Google, IBM earnings disappoint Updated: Apr-17-14 10:56 am
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 10:55 am
- Report: State gains more than 8K jobs in March Updated: Apr-17-14 10:44 am
- Italy again pushes back balanced budget goal Updated: Apr-17-14 10:37 am
- China factories face new challenge as growth slows Updated: Apr-17-14 9:52 am
- Sandoval leads trade mission to Canada Updated: Apr-17-14 6:13 am
- Georgia jobless rate drops to 7 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 5:35 am
- World stocks subdued, Nikkei flat on profit taking Updated: Apr-17-14 5:16 am
- UMSL, Normandy look to revitalize neighborhood Updated: Apr-17-14 5:05 am
- State to report on Arizona jobless rate for March Updated: Apr-17-14 4:09 am
- Home sales of $10 million rise in Connecticut town Updated: Apr-16-14 8:00 pm
- US readies sanctions on Russia, aid for Ukraine Updated: Apr-16-14 7:08 pm
- Governor calls special session on rainy-day fund Updated: Apr-16-14 6:45 pm
- Cuba publishes text of foreign investment law Updated: Apr-16-14 6:17 pm
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall Updated: Apr-16-14 6:11 pm
- Obama, Biden announce $600M for job grants Updated: Apr-16-14 5:54 pm
- US stocks rise, extending gains into third day Updated: Apr-16-14 4:28 pm
- Fed survey: Growth picks up across most of US Updated: Apr-16-14 3:31 pm
- Some exempted from minimum wage, increased or not Updated: Apr-16-14 3:07 pm
- Algerian election faces disaffected populace Updated: Apr-16-14 2:15 pm
- Unemployment rate steady; state adds 6,700 jobs Updated: Apr-16-14 2:14 pm
UnitedHealth Group's first-quarter net income slid 8 percent as funding cuts to a key product and costs imposed by the health care overhaul dented the health insurer's performance.
DENVER - A review of Colorado's economy in the first quarter of this year shows unemployment down and wages and personal income up.
St. Cloud Times, April 16
DUBLIN - Two former executives of Anglo Irish Bank, the reckless lender that brought Ireland to the brink of bankruptcy, have been convicted of committing fraud in a loans-for-shares scandal.
Major U.S. stock indexes drifted between gains and losses in morning trading Thursday amid a crop of disappointing corporate earnings. Google, IBM and insurers UnitedHealth and WellPoint were among the big market decliners.
Wisconsin State Journal, April 16
BOSTON - Preliminary estimates show Massachusetts gained more than 8,000 jobs in March while the state's unemployment rate dropped to 6.3 percent from 6.5 percent the previous month, the state office of Labor and Workforce Development said Thursday.
ROME - Italy has again pushed back its balanced-budget goal, now aiming for 2016.
HONG KONG - As China's growth inexorably slows, manufacturers such as Linan Meite Cable are discovering that being an efficient low-cost producer is no longer enough to prosper.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Gov. Brian Sandoval is heading a delegation of Nevada business and education leaders on a trade mission to Canada.
ATLANTA - State labor officials say Georgia's unemployment rate has dropped to 7 percent, the lowest rate since September 2008.
HONG KONG - World stocks were subdued Thursday ahead of a long weekend for many markets, with Japan's Nikkei faltering as investors locked in profits after a strong rally.
ST. LOUIS - The University of Missouri-St. Louis is joining some of its neighbors in an effort to promote economic development in a nearby community.
PHOENIX - Stat Department of Administrations economists on Thursday will report Arizona's unemployment rate for March.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Connecticut's Gold Coast is living up to its name, with a record $120 million sale of a waterfront estate in Greenwich leading an increase in sales of homes for more than $10 million.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is preparing to ratchet up sanctions on Russia and boost assistance for the Ukrainian military in the coming days, U.S. officials said Wednesday, as Ukraine struggles to contain a pro-Russian uprising in its eastern cities.
SACRAMENTO, California - Saying the state's budget surplus should be used to pay down debt, Gov. Jerry Brown on Wednesday called a special session of the Legislature to make changes to a rainy-day fund measure on the November ballot.
HAVANA - Cuba on Wednesday published the full language of a new law that seeks to make it more attractive for foreign investors to bring badly needed capital to the island, but provides less advantage for projects that are 100 percent foreign-financed.
SAN DIEGO - California home prices surged to a six-year high in March amid lackluster sales at the start of the traditional buying season, a research firm said Wednesday.
OAKDALE, Pennsylvania - Emphasizing skills training as key to a growing middle class, President Barack Obama on Wednesday announced $600 million in competitive grants to spur creation of targeted training and apprenticeship programs to help people land good-paying jobs.
Stocks are higher for a third day in a row after more U.S. companies report solid earnings and on encouraging news about China's economy.
WASHINGTON - A Federal Reserve survey shows economic growth picking up across most of the United States over the past two months as bitter winter weather subsided.
WASHINGTON - Some low-paid workers won't benefit even if a long-shot Democratic proposal to raise the federal minimum wage becomes law.
ALGIERS, Algeria - The college students playing pick-up soccer along the faded grandeur of Algiers' sweeping waterfront say they won't be voting in Thursday's presidential elections, echoing the sentiments of many young Algerians.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state added an estimated 6,700 jobs in March and the unemployment rate is holding steady at 6.3 percent, according to a report released Wednesday by the state Employment Security Department.