- Debate illustrates power of Fox News in GOP campaign Updated: Aug-04-15 3:40 pm
NEW YORK - Iowa and New Hampshire are still on the horizon - but first there's the Fox primary, and the buildup to this week's first Republican presidential debate shows that the influence of Fox News Channel on the GOP selection process is stronger than ever.
- Judge nixes extradition in case of painting looted by Nazis Updated: Aug-03-15 9:00 pm
NEW YORK - Poland lacks probable cause to extradite a Russian art dealer living in New York on criminal charges accusing him of knowing that an 18th-century painting taken from a Polish museum by the Nazis during World War II was stolen property when he inherited it from his father, a judge ruled Monday.
- Judge: St. Louis residents don't need vote on stadium funds Updated: Aug-03-15 8:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - The effort to build a new riverfront football stadium in St. Louis got a big boost Monday when a judge ruled that approval from city voters is not necessary to use city tax money for the project.
- AP sources: Battista stepping down as Sabres executive Updated: Aug-03-15 3:56 pm
Two people familiar with the decision say Buffalo Sabres vice president of hockey-related business Joe Battista is leaving the team.
- State fund grows as horse industry continues to languish Updated: Aug-03-15 3:50 pm
PLAINVILLE, Massachusetts - Massachusetts' horse racing industry is flush with casino cash. The only problem? There isn't much of a local industry to speak of.
- Broncos P Colquitt takes a $1.4 million pay cut Updated: Aug-03-15 3:28 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Britton Colquitt is no longer the highest-paid punter in the First Family of Fourth Downs.
- Cowboys' Mincey back at practice after ending brief holdout Updated: Aug-02-15 11:14 pm
OXNARD, California - Dallas Cowboys defensive end Jeremy Mincey didn't stay away from training camp long in his effort to get a reworked contract.
- Miller no longer in NFL's drug program Updated: Aug-02-15 8:40 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Von Miller no longer carries all those extra pounds or the weight of the world.
- PawSox spokeswoman: Lucchino role not expected to change Updated: Aug-02-15 4:54 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Larry Lucchino is stepping down as president and CEO of the Boston Red Sox, but a Pawtucket Red Sox spokeswoman says his role as principal owner of the Triple A team isn't expected to change.
- Nonprofit buys 2 historic movie theaters in Vermillion Updated: Aug-02-15 10:10 am
VERMILLION, South Dakota - A nonprofit trying to improve Vermillion's downtown cultural attractions has acquired two historic movie theaters with help from the University of South Dakota and other groups.
- 49ers deal with loose sod in Levi's Stadium on first day Updated: Aug-02-15 12:50 am
SANTA CLARA, California - It took less than 30 minutes into the San Francisco 49ers' first training camp practice for the Levi's Stadium sod to come up in pieces, also only a couple of hours after the venue hosted a high school all-star game.
- Take me out to the rooftop: Wrigley changes bring new looks Updated: Aug-01-15 9:20 pm
CHICAGO - Top of the first, one out. It's a Friday in July, the start of a holiday weekend, and the Chicago Cubs are hosting the Miami Marlins.
- Company, FAA working on Gulfstream IV jet fail-safe problem Updated: Aug-01-15 7:34 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The manufacturer of the jet that crashed on takeoff in Massachusetts last year, killing the co-owner of The Philadelphia Inquirer and six other people, has reported a problem with a fail-safe system that can allow the planes to reach high speeds on the runway even if they are prevented from taking off.
- William S. Morris IV named CEO of Morris Communications Co. Updated: Aug-01-15 5:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - William S. Morris IV on Saturday became the new CEO of Morris Communications Co., the company said in a news release.
- Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall returns from 2 Achilles operations Updated: Aug-01-15 3:53 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - No one around the Washington Redskins harbors doubt about whether DeAngelo Hall has the know-how and competitive spirit necessary to come back from two - count 'em, two! - operations on a torn Achilles tendon.
- Jets promote Davidson to director of football administration Updated: Aug-01-15 3:41 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The New York Jets have promoted long-time executive Jacqueline Davidson to director of football administration, making her one of the highest-ranking women in an NFL front office.
- Troubles haven't slowed down for NFL Updated: Aug-01-15 12:15 pm
Shattered cellphones. Fireworks accidents. Failed drug tests.
- Judge orders Goodell, Brady appear in court Aug. 12, 19 Updated: Jul-31-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - The federal judge handling Tom Brady's attempt to overturn his four-game suspension ordered the New England quarterback and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to appear in court twice in mid-August.
- Orlando City: Stadium to be completed in 12 to 14 months Updated: Jul-31-15 6:26 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Orlando City Soccer officials said Friday that their new downtown stadium is expected to be completed by the end of the 2016 season.
- Coyotes add Loiselle as hockey operations consultant Updated: Jul-31-15 5:07 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes added Claude Loiselle on Friday as a hockey operations consultant.
- Horse racing industry has declined since state got out of it Updated: Jul-31-15 3:19 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The horse racing industry's focus will be on New Jersey this weekend, as Triple Crown winner American Pharaoh runs in the $1.75 million Haskell Invitational at Monmouth Park.
- Tampa Tribune sells downtown headquarters to Miami developer Updated: Jul-31-15 2:13 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Tribune says it has sold its downtown Tampa building to a Miami developer.
- Tough week for social media stocks - no one is spared Updated: Jul-31-15 1:07 pm
NEW YORK - It hasn't been an easy week in social media, despite double-digit revenue growth from Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Investors are looking beyond headline numbers and finding reasons to sell.
- Dodgers bolster pitching in huge deal with Braves, Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 12:46 pm
- Auction set for work from ex-auto plant credited to Banksy Updated: Jul-31-15 12:45 pm
DETROIT - An auction is planned for an artwork that gallery officials say the elusive British graffiti artist Banksy created at a former Detroit auto plant.