- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail parents Updated: Dec-09-13 5:46 am
- China withholds visas for NYT, Bloomberg reporters Updated: Dec-09-13 3:42 am
- Prater, Manning lead Broncos, 51-28 over Tennessee Updated: Dec-08-13 10:42 pm
- Winter meetings start with Hall of Fame vote Updated: Dec-08-13 9:33 pm
- MLB denied Oakland's San Jose move request Updated: Dec-08-13 6:30 pm
- Tea party battles business over Braves stadium Updated: Dec-08-13 9:59 am
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose Updated: Dec-07-13 5:56 pm
- Braves want stores, restaurants outside ballpark Updated: Dec-07-13 2:59 pm
- AP sources: Beltran, Yanks agree at $45M, 3 years Updated: Dec-07-13 3:30 am
- AP Source: Robinson Cano, Mariners reach agreement Updated: Dec-06-13 10:27 pm
- Man guilty in NY in ancient-statue smuggling case Updated: Dec-06-13 8:58 pm
- AP source: OF McLouth, Nationals reach deal Updated: Dec-06-13 8:12 pm
- Spotify to unveil free mobile streaming service Updated: Dec-05-13 7:06 pm
- Tigers busy, but will they be better? Updated: Dec-05-13 6:27 pm
- FIFA won't sell tickets for WCup final and opener Updated: Dec-05-13 4:04 pm
- Blatter: Mid-April finish for damaged WCup stadium Updated: Dec-05-13 12:59 pm
- Biden spotlights China treatment of US journalists Updated: Dec-05-13 11:25 am
- Report: Arts, culture add $500B to nation's GDP Updated: Dec-05-13 10:51 am
- NY pushes Sochi Games advertisers on gay rights Updated: Dec-05-13 9:59 am
- St. Louis Co. assessor to examine tax exemptions Updated: Dec-05-13 8:22 am
- Martin Bashir leaves MSNBC over remarks on Palin Updated: Dec-04-13 9:01 pm
- Brandon: Bills to review benefits of Toronto games Updated: Dec-04-13 4:20 pm
- Owner looks to sell Providence Journal in RI Updated: Dec-04-13 4:13 pm
- Attorney: No problems before Brazil collapse Updated: Dec-04-13 2:35 pm
- Maine man pleads guilty in NY to drug smuggling Updated: Dec-04-13 12:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - Violent dramas on the broadcast networks carry milder parental cautions than cable shows like "The Walking Dead" but can equal them in graphic gore, a failure of the TV ratings system, a new study found.
BEIJING - Chinese authorities have been withholding residence visas for reporters working for The New York Times and Bloomberg in apparent retaliation for the agencies' investigative stories on wealth accumulated by leaders' families.
DENVER - Peyton Manning and Matt Prater were more about big numbers than the little one Sunday.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida - The baseball winter meetings are starting with a look back.
SAN JOSE, California - Major League Baseball's lawyers say in a court filing that the Oakland Athletics' request to move to San Jose was turned down in June by Commissioner Bud Selig.
ATLANTA - A deal for hundreds of millions of dollars in public money to draw the Atlanta Braves north of their downtown home is pitting conservative tea party activists against the elected and civic leaders in the staunch Republican county, with opponents saying the use of public money to help a private business is not what American capitalism should be about.
SAN JOSE, California - Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig formally informed the Oakland A's this summer that the team's bid to move San Jose had been denied.
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves are looking for developers to create a $400 million mixed-use development with stores, restaurants, apartments and offices outside the proposed site of a new stadium in Cobb County.
NEW YORK - Carlos Beltran is coming back to New York, this time to the Bronx.
SEATTLE - Robinson Cano is trading pinstripes for the Pacific Northwest.
NEW YORK - A former manager of a now-closed New York art gallery has pleaded guilty for his role in an international scheme to smuggle ancient Buddhist and Hindu sculptures.
LOS ANGELES - Spotify, the Swedish music streaming service, is set to announce a new feature that will allow users to pick specific tracks and listen to them on mobile devices for free.
DETROIT - When the Detroit Tigers introduced new closer Joe Nathan this week, the news conference quickly became about a lot more than Joe Nathan.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Tickets for the final and the opening match of the 2014 World Cup will not be available to fans when a new sales phase opens after Friday's draw in Brazil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The damaged stadium in Sao Paulo won't stage its first match until less than two months before the World Cup is scheduled to open there, FIFA said Thursday.
BEIJING - Casting a spotlight on China's controls on the media, Vice President Joe Biden met with U.S. journalists working in Beijing Thursday after publicly criticizing how they're treated by China's government.
WASHINGTON - Creative industries led by Hollywood account for about $504 billion, or at least 3.2 percent of U.S. goods and services, the government said in its first official measure of how the arts and culture affect the economy.
ALBANY, New York - New York state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli (duh-NAP'-oh-lee) and New York City Comptroller John Liu (loo) are pressuring Olympic advertisers to speak out against Russia's restrictions on gay and transgender rights before the Sochi Winter Games begin in February.
CLAYTON, Missouri - St. Louis County's assessor plans to take another look at tax-exempt properties following a St. Louis Post-Dispatch investigation showed that exemptions for two nonprofits cost the county millions of dollars in tax revenue.
NEW YORK - MSNBC host Martin Bashir resigned from the network Wednesday, nearly three weeks after making graphic remarks on his show about former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Bills center Eric Wood was not at all surprised hearing team president Russ Brandon raise concerns whether Buffalo loses a competitive edge playing annual home games in Toronto.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's largest newspaper is for sale after A.H. Belo Corp. announced Wednesday that it is seeking buyers for The Providence Journal.
RIO DE JANEIRO - The crane operator involved in last week's deadly accident at the Sao Paulo stadium that's hosting the opening match of the World Cup told police Wednesday that he'd noticed nothing out of the ordinary ahead of the incident, his attorney said.
PORTLAND, Maine - The former owner of a live music venue in Portland, Maine, has pleaded guilty to his role in smuggling nearly 170 pounds of cocaine from California to Vermont.