- Boxing match pops up on phones as TV habits change Updated: May-04-15 7:13 pm
NEW YORK - It should have been a proud moment for TV: A much-hyped sports event drawing in millions of paying viewers and showcasing the clout still held by traditional media heavyweights.
- Al-Jazeera America loses top executive Updated: May-04-15 5:44 pm
NEW YORK - The Al-Jazeera America news network, sued by a former employee who said he was fired for complaining about a colleague's anti-Semitic and sexist behavior, is losing one of its top U.S. news executives.
- The Latest on Texas attack: Abbott calls it 'heinous crime' Updated: May-04-15 2:08 pm
1 p.m. CDT
- Ads from group in Texas shooting coming off Philly buses Updated: May-04-15 1:14 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Provocative ads from a group whose Texas contest for Prophet Muhammad cartoons drew gunfire are being removed from Philadelphia transit buses after a month-long contract expired.
- State's casinos competing with themselves in new venture Updated: May-04-15 11:59 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A casino proposed in a joint venture between the Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Resort Casino will take customers away from their own Connecticut businesses, an operator of one of the tribal casinos said Monday.
- FIFA to study Israel-Palestinians dispute on election day Updated: May-04-15 10:09 am
GENEVA - A move to consider suspending Israel from world football will be put to FIFA's 209 member federations just before they elect their president this month.
- Comcast now has more Internet than cable customers Updated: May-04-15 9:15 am
NEW YORK - Just before its $45 billion deal with Time Warner Cable collapsed over regulators' fears about a giant cable company's control over the Web, Comcast was racking up more Internet customers.
- Cable, pay-per-view problems leave viewers fighting mad Updated: May-03-15 6:41 pm
NEW YORK - For some boxing fans, the big fight Saturday night turned out to be between them and their cable companies.
- Ohio AP media organization elects new board members Updated: May-03-15 2:55 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Jim Bebbington, director of cross platform reporting at Cox Media Group-Ohio, was elected president of the Ohio Associated Press Media Editors association for 2015-16 at the group's annual convention Sunday.
- FIFA's Prince Ali seeks more say for national associations Updated: May-03-15 2:32 pm
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - FIFA must give national associations a greater say in the governance of world football and adopt a more regional outlook because "you cannot run everything simply from Zurich," FIFA presidential candidate Prince Ali of Jordan said Sunday.
- Madison's first movie theater set to open by Christmas Updated: May-02-15 2:23 pm
MADISON, Alabama - Madison's first movie theater has a name and a new target opening date.
- Google moving, building new campus in Ann Arbor Updated: May-02-15 9:31 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Google Inc. is moving its Ann Arbor operation to bigger digs on the north side of the city.
- A-Rod hits 660th homer, question of $6 million looms Updated: May-02-15 2:56 am
BOSTON - No. 660 is in the book. Will $6 million get in the bank?
- Lawmakers say department shouldn't tax digital transmission Updated: May-01-15 9:11 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama legislative leaders are asking the state's revenue department to hold off on a plan to begin taxing digital streaming services.
- Warriors GM Bob Myers voted NBA's executive of the year Updated: May-01-15 8:14 pm
OAKLAND, California - His voice cracking and his eyes watering, Golden State Warriors general manager Bob Myers nearly let his emotions get the best of him on one of the biggest days of his career.
- Comcast must show what's next after collapse of deal Updated: May-01-15 6:36 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast, which reports financial results on Monday, faces some tough questions about what's next for the country's biggest cable company after its dreams of a far-reaching network collapsed with the death of its $45 billion Time Warner Cable deal.
- Manfred: Recent injuries to pitchers don't change DH view Updated: May-01-15 2:53 pm
CHICAGO - Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said Friday that the recent instances of pitchers injuring themselves while batting haven't changed his opinion that the sport benefits from the two leagues playing under different rules.
- Brazil still struggling to deal with World Cup stadiums Updated: May-01-15 12:50 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazil spent billions renovating and building World Cup stadiums that were supposed to help modernize and improve local soccer. Almost a year after the tournament ended, the nation is still trying to figure out what to do with them.
- Hollywood rolls out red carpet to 'influencer' fans Updated: May-01-15 11:37 am
LOS ANGELES - Clad in his pajamas, Reid Jones often blogs about Marvel superhero movies, with starry ambitions of one day becoming an entertainment journalist.
- Film productions spent $240M in NC during 2014 Updated: Apr-30-15 7:16 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The film industry spent just over $240 million on productions filmed in North Carolina last year.
- Shalala says she's thinking about Miami stadium options Updated: Apr-30-15 7:14 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Even though she's leaving the University of Miami president's office, Donna Shalala is keeping her Hurricane season tickets.
- Rookie of the year Wiggins on MN: 'I hope I'm here forever' Updated: Apr-30-15 7:09 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Andrew Wiggins sat down on a black leather couch, his navy blue tuxedo jacket and bow tie bunching up at the neck as his 6-foot-8 frame plopped down for a break.
- The hottest guy in New York right now? Alexander Hamilton Updated: Apr-30-15 4:29 pm
NEW YORK - Alexander Hamilton's face proudly adorns the $10 bill. But it's hard to imagine the founding father and treasury secretary, with all his famous ambition, ever anticipating just how many of those bills people would delightedly fork over one day to see a musical about his life.
- Report: Bills for proposed new St. Louis stadium total $800K Updated: Apr-30-15 10:36 am
ST. LOUIS - Contractors already have submitted roughly $800,000 in bills toward the development of a billion-dollar proposed football stadium in St. Louis, according to a newspaper report.
- Pair of sheikhs are the big winners at Asian elections Updated: Apr-30-15 10:29 am
MANAMA, Bahrain - A pair of sheikhs were the big winners Thursday at a meeting of Asian soccer leaders.