- US court agrees Apple violated antitrust law in e-book entry Updated: Jun-30-15 10:58 am
NEW YORK - Apple violated antitrust laws by colluding with publishers to raise electronic book prices when it entered a market in 2010 that had been dominated by Amazon.com, a federal appeals court said Tuesday.
- Greek clubs yet to ask UEFA for help over financial crisis Updated: Jun-30-15 9:12 am
PRAGUE - UEFA says it will look at adapting its regulations to help clubs should the financial crisis in Greece turn "really bad."
- Will latest inflammatory comments tarnish Trump's brand? Updated: Jun-30-15 3:10 am
NEW YORK - Is Donald Trump's business empire as Teflon-coated as his hair appears to be?
- NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired; Televisa drops pageant Updated: Jun-29-15 10:49 pm
NEW YORK - NBC said Monday that it is ending its business relationship with mogul and GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump because of comments he made about Mexican immigrants during the announcement of his campaign.
- LA Kings terminate Mike Richards' contract for "breach" Updated: Jun-29-15 8:28 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - The Los Angeles Kings terminated Mike Richards' contract Monday, claiming the underachieving forward committed a "material breach" of its terms.
- Microsoft sheds some of its ad business, mapping service Updated: Jun-29-15 7:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft is handing off some its digital advertising business to AOL and selling its street-image mapping operation to Uber, as the giant software company tries to focus on activities more relevant to its core business.
- Puerto Rico to seek debt moratorium from bondholders Updated: Jun-29-15 6:32 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico's governor says he will create a financial team that will meet with bondholders and seek a moratorium on debt payments.
- 'Gravity' author drops lawsuit against Warner Bros. Updated: Jun-29-15 6:08 pm
LOS ANGELES - Author Tess Gerritsen has dropped her lawsuit against Warner Bros. over similarities between the 2013 film "Gravity" and her 1999 book, she wrote in a statement Monday, citing brutal emotional and financial costs.
- Boston 2024 Olympics organizers update $4.6B bid Updated: Jun-29-15 5:51 pm
BOSTON - The group trying to bring the 2024 Olympics to Boston released the most detailed look yet at its bid for the Summer Games on Monday, unveiling a $4.6 billion plan it says would create thousands of jobs and housing units, expand the city's tax base and leave behind a vastly-improved regional transit system - all with a $210 million surplus.
- Wade elects to become free agent, may leave Heat Updated: Jun-29-15 5:47 pm
MIAMI - The relationship between Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat is about to be tested like never before, and the most accomplished player in franchise history may soon have a new home.
- Political opposition groups gain money for 2016 race Updated: Jun-29-15 5:15 pm
WASHINGTON - It was the perfect loop: The Republican opposition research group America Rising finds footage of Democratic Senate candidate Bruce Braley in agriculture-loving Iowa, seeming to put down the intelligence of farmers. That footage becomes part of a 30-second TV ad, by the super PAC American Crossroads, boosting the Republican candidate, Joni Ernst.
- Coyotes must increase bond; City must make quarterly payment Updated: Jun-29-15 5:12 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - A judge has ordered the Arizona Coyotes' ownership to increase its bond payment to Glendale by $750,000 while ordering the city to make its $3.75 million quarterly payment to the team.
- MacPhail joins Phillies, will be president after season Updated: Jun-29-15 4:30 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Andy MacPhail is the new man in charge of the Philadelphia Phillies.
- UEFA eases restrictions on club spending Updated: Jun-29-15 4:14 pm
PRAGUE - European football is lifting some of the restrictions on club spending in an attempt to make more teams competitive and ensure clubs are more attractive for new investors.
- Gannett completes split of print, broadcasting divisions Updated: Jun-29-15 8:26 am
MCLEAN, Virginia - Gannett has completed the split of its print and broadcasting divisions into separate companies.
- AP Source: LeBron James bypasses option, becomes free agent Updated: Jun-28-15 6:30 pm
For the third time in six seasons, LeBron James is an unrestricted free agent.
- Financing plan for stadium called a lousy deal for Raiders Updated: Jun-28-15 1:47 pm
OAKLAND, California - Finance experts say a long-awaited plan for a new Raiders stadium is a lousy deal for the team and will make a potential return to Los Angeles even more attractive.
- New Jersey museum highlights early music industry Updated: Jun-27-15 10:31 am
MORRISTOWN, New Jersey - Since the 19th century, music lovers have been putting coins in the jukebox to hear their favorite tunes.
- Teed off at Univision, Trump drives dispute off course Updated: Jun-26-15 5:31 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump to Univision: Get off my lawn.
- MLB plans to open 2nd replay center in San Francisco Updated: Jun-26-15 11:24 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Major League Baseball plans to open a second replay center in San Francisco.
- Audio overkill? Some question benefits of 'high-res' music Updated: Jun-26-15 11:00 am
LOS ANGELES - Its backers say it does for music lovers what ultra high-definition television has done for couch potatoes.
- Cavaliers make draft deal, learn J.R. Smith now a free agent Updated: Jun-26-15 1:38 am
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Not only did the Cavaliers not pick first in the NBA draft, they traded their only first-rounder this year.
- Joy in Minnesota after Timberwolves take Towns, Tyus Updated: Jun-26-15 1:27 am
MINNEAPOLIS - More than 8,000 Minnesota Timberwolves fans filed into Target Center on Thursday night, knowing that Karl-Anthony Towns was coming. They hoped Tyus Jones might be sticking around, too.
- Hawks acquire Hardaway Jr. in draft-night trade with Knicks Updated: Jun-26-15 1:26 am
ATLANTA - As names started coming off his draft board, Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer didn't see a player who excited him at the 15th or the 19th spot.
- FIFA issues warning to Wambach after officiating remarks Updated: Jun-25-15 10:33 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - FIFA has issued a warning to U.S. forward Abby Wambach for comments she made about the officiating in a match against Colombia at the Women's World Cup.