- Judge: No 'Deflategate' ruling yet, despite bogus tweet Updated: Sep-01-15 6:21 pm
NEW YORK - A New York judge has reiterated that he'll rule by Friday whether New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady must serve a four-game suspension for "Deflategate."
- Gazette Company sells KCRG-TV9 to Atlanta company for $100M Updated: Sep-01-15 5:21 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Officials of the Gazette Company in Cedar Rapids say they have agreed to sell television station KCRG to an Atlanta, Georgia company for $100 million.
- Comcast teeing up new services targeted at millennials Updated: Sep-01-15 5:06 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast, which became a TV powerhouse by signing up Generation Xers, baby boomers and their parents, now is fighting for millennial eyeballs.
- Uruguay set to rescind rights deal over bribery probe Updated: Sep-01-15 4:51 pm
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - The Uruguay football association said Tuesday it was preparing to rescind a television contract for the national team's 2018 World Cup qualifying matches, as the rights company involved has been targeted by a U.S. investigation into corruption in world football.
- Jaguars owner wants to continue playing in London until 2030 Updated: Sep-01-15 4:15 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars want to be London's team for the foreseeable future.
- MTV spreads out its awards show to get more viewers Updated: Sep-01-15 3:20 pm
NEW YORK - MTV boosted the viewership of its annual Video Music Awards, this year hosted by Miley Cyrus, with a little help from its friends.
- Milwaukee funding for new Bucks arena goes before public Updated: Aug-31-15 9:26 pm
MILWAUKEE - The public's first opportunity to formally comment on part of a $500 million funding plan to build a new Milwaukee Bucks arena attracted an overflow crowd Monday evening, with one group questioning how the city has enough money to help pay for the project but not neighborhood or school investments.
- Rihanna excited to celebrate 10 years in music industry Updated: Aug-31-15 9:08 pm
NEW YORK - Rihanna says she's thrilled to have had a decade-long career in music and she plans on celebrating the feat at some point this year.
- Divac adds title of GM of Kings Updated: Aug-31-15 8:54 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Vlade Divac has added the title of general manager of the Sacramento Kings.
- The Latest: Plan calls for tax districts for Bucks arena Updated: Aug-31-15 8:30 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee development and financial officials are giving the public its first official look at the final piece of a $500 million funding plan for a new arena for the Milwaukee Bucks. Here's the latest (all times local):
- Police looking for leads in neighborhood shooting death Updated: Aug-31-15 8:28 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Police are asking for the public's help in trying to find out how and why a woman was shot and killed as she went for her weekly walk in a Manchester neighborhood.
- Stadium opponents rally at waterfront land eyed by PawSox Updated: Aug-31-15 7:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - This land is your land. This land is my land.
- AP Newsbreak: Blue Jays would 'love' to keep general manager Updated: Aug-31-15 5:10 pm
TORONTO - The ownership of the Toronto Blue Jays said Monday it would "love" to keep general manager Alex Anthopoulos and has been in discussions about extending his contract.
- Horror movie director Wes Craven dies at 76 Updated: Aug-31-15 4:29 pm
LOS ANGELES - It's hard enough to redefine a genre once in a career, but horror virtuoso Wes Craven managed to do it twice.
- Indians owner Paul Dolan looking for minority investor Updated: Aug-30-15 10:04 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians owner Paul Dolan is looking for a minority investment partner for his franchise.
- EXCHANGE: Antique mall has 15 dealers with room for more Updated: Aug-30-15 10:28 am
WASHINGTON, Illinois - Homestead Antiques is the business that Joann Smiley always wanted.
- Pro teams push California to offer high-stakes raffles Updated: Aug-29-15 2:26 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The pitch is for charity, but the call could favor California's professional sports teams.
- UK prosecutors mull charges for News Corp. over hacking Updated: Aug-29-15 7:16 am
LONDON - British prosecutors say they are considering corporate charges against Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. over phone hacking at the now-defunct News of the World tabloid.
- Tattered Cover's future owners settle into Colorado Updated: Aug-29-15 2:08 am
DENVER - Len Vlahos and his wife, Kristen Gilligan, dreamed of having their own little bookstore.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik Updated: Aug-28-15 5:08 pm
SEATTLE - A year to the day after praising Jack Zduriencik as he was rewarded with a contract extension, Seattle Mariners President Kevin Mather found himself speaking with ownership this week on all the areas he believed the club was lacking.
- Apple's music service losing key player as exec resigns Updated: Aug-28-15 2:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple's online music subscription service is losing a key player as millions of listeners near the end of a free three-month trial period that has drawn mixed reviews.
- Former Pennsylvania newspaper publisher Edward Hourigan dies Updated: Aug-28-15 12:05 pm
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - Edward P. Hourigan, a former publisher of The Citizens' Voice in Wilkes-Barre, has died.
- Virginia shootings make for tough media decisions Updated: Aug-28-15 1:13 am
NEW YORK - In an era when anyone can go online and find video of extremist beheadings, police shootings and other carnage, major news organizations applied their own standards to coverage of this week's killing of a TV news crew in Virginia and showed only carefully selected portions of the footage.
- Fan at Phils game hurt soon after Manfred talks about safety Updated: Aug-27-15 8:57 pm
- AP sues over access to FBI records involving fake news story Updated: Aug-27-15 7:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The Associated Press sued the U.S. Department of Justice Thursday over the FBI's failure to provide public records related to the creation of a fake news story used to plant surveillance software on a suspect's computer.