- No pay raises for Guam cabinet, elected officials Updated: Mar-07-14 8:49 pm
- Kenya president and cabinet take pay cuts Updated: Mar-07-14 1:58 pm
- Goddard files to run for secretary of state Updated: Mar-06-14 3:11 pm
- Texas Democrats pick Houston for attorney general Updated: Mar-04-14 9:14 pm
- Surprises, runoffs likely in Texas primary races Updated: Mar-03-14 11:33 pm
- Australia to relax Qantas foreign ownership limits Updated: Mar-03-14 2:05 pm
- Native American cabinet position proposed in Okla. Updated: Feb-28-14 3:22 am
- Va. governor establishes cyber security commission Updated: Feb-26-14 9:56 am
- Collapse of exchange spells trouble for bitcoin Updated: Feb-25-14 10:37 pm
- Kentucky Senate OKs Cabinet change Updated: Feb-25-14 9:01 pm
- Congress signals tough fight for Pentagon plan Updated: Feb-25-14 4:49 pm
- Turkish PM's office denies corruption tapes Updated: Feb-24-14 6:25 pm
- 265 Anne Frank books vandalized in Tokyo libraries Updated: Feb-21-14 7:58 pm
- Biden meets with Cabinet to discuss job training Updated: Feb-20-14 4:05 pm
- Japan may review probe on WWII sex slavery Updated: Feb-20-14 7:46 am
- NM Senate confirms environment secretary Updated: Feb-18-14 7:02 pm
- Records: Ohio gov aides knew of pro-drilling plan Updated: Feb-18-14 5:16 pm
- Bill to make Utah AG an appointee advances Updated: Feb-17-14 3:28 pm
- Hanna Skandera nomination stalls in committee Updated: Feb-17-14 2:16 pm
- House OKs limit on legislators becoming lobbyists Updated: Feb-13-14 9:58 pm
- Kenya govt accuses US as tear gas breaks up rally Updated: Feb-13-14 11:02 am
- Senate panel OKs school governance overhaul Updated: Feb-12-14 5:53 pm
- Shirley Temple won praise in diplomatic career Updated: Feb-11-14 7:46 am
- Nepal's PM sworn in, but loses coalition partner Updated: Feb-11-14 6:52 am
- Scandal may hurt Christie's ability to push agenda Updated: Feb-09-14 2:56 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - Cabinet members and elected officials in Guam's territorial government won't get pay raises under a new law allowed to take effect this week.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya's president Friday announced that he and his entire cabinet will take pay cuts as part of austerity measures to reduce the country's rising wage bill.
PHOENIX - Former Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard officially became a candidate Thursday for the Democratic nomination for secretary of state.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Democrats have nominated Houston attorney Sam Houston for state attorney general.
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry isn't on the ballot, but a new member of the Bush dynasty is. Wendy Davis can clinch a feat no woman has achieved in Texas since Ann Richards. Heavyweight Republicans are trying to survive, and a new voter ID law gets a major test.
CANBERRA, Australia - The Australian government decided on Monday to relax foreign ownership restrictions on Qantas Airways after the national carrier posted a record half-year loss.
TAHLEQUAH, Oklahoma - Cherokee Nation Principal Chief Bill John Baker is applauding efforts to create a cabinet level position in the Oklahoma governor's office that would be dedicated to Native American affairs.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe is creating a new commission tasked with promoting cyber security economic development opportunities.
TOKYO - The sudden disappearance of one of the largest bitcoin exchanges only adds to the mystery and mistrust surrounding the virtual currency, which was just beginning to gain legitimacy beyond the technology enthusiasts and adventurous investors who created it.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State lawmakers' influence over the governor's Cabinet for Health and Family Services would increase under a bill passed by the Kentucky Senate on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers signaled a difficult battle ahead for the Obama administration's plan to dramatically overhaul the nation's military, voicing opposition Tuesday to proposed cuts in benefit packages, long-standing weapons programs and bases that mean money and jobs across America.
ANKARA, Turkey - Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's office said Monday that recordings of alleged wiretapped conversations between the Turkish leader and his son - leaked onto the Internet and suggesting corruption - were fabricated.
TOKYO - Anne Frank's "The Diary of a Young Girl" and scores of books about the young Holocaust victim have been vandalized in Tokyo public libraries since earlier this year.
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden says proper job training can remove obstacles that have narrowed the middle class for the past 20 years.
TOKYO - Japan's government said Thursday it may re-examine a 20-year-old study that led to a landmark apology over forced prostitution during World War II, in a sign it is leaning toward a denial that officials were involved in organizing sex slavery.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Senate on Tuesday endorsed Gov. Susana Martinez's environmental manager over the objections of some lawmakers and public-interest groups who questioned his role in the crafting of regulations they will allow groundwater pollution by copper mines.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Top advisers to Republican Gov. John Kasich knew the Ohio Department of Natural Resources planned to discredit environmental groups and two lawmakers while promoting drilling in state parks and forests in 2012, new records show.
SALT LAKE CITY - A proposal to change Utah's attorney general from an elected office to an appointed position is moving forward at the Legislature this session.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The nomination of Hanna Skandera as Republican Gov. Susana Martinez's secretary of education stalled on Monday, but she will continue to serve in her cabinet-level job.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The House approved a measure Thursday to prohibit former legislators, statewide elected officials and cabinet secretaries from working as paid lobbyists for two years after they leave their government positions.
NAIROBI, Kenya - A top Kenyan official on Thursday accused the United States of trying to overthrow Kenya's government by supporting activists even as baton-wielding police used tear gas to break up an anti-government protest in downtown Nairobi.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A proposal to weaken the governor's power over public education cleared a Senate panel on Wednesday with Republicans objecting that it was a slap at GOP Gov. Susana Martinez's administration.
NEW YORK - Shirley Temple got her first ambassador appointment after Secretary of State Henry Kissinger heard her discussing Namibia at a party and, in her words, was "surprised that I even knew the word."
KATMANDU, Nepal - Nepal's newly elected prime minister was sworn into office on Tuesday, but his party's main coalition partner announced it will not join the government, bringing renewed political uncertainty to the nation.
TRENTON, New Jersey - This is the year Chris Christie was planning to be more than just New Jersey's governor. Yet it turns out that high-profile investigations into his administration and campaign operation in a political payback case could make advancing his agenda a challenge.