- McAuliffe cabinet members to discuss children's issues Updated: May-02-16 3:48 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Members of Gov. Terry McAuliffe's "Children's Cabinet" are heading to Virginia Beach to discuss policies that impact the state's kids.
- Big commercial trucks banned from Route 151 after accidents Updated: Apr-30-16 12:07 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Secretary Greg Thomas has issued an order temporarily banning large commercial trucks from travelling on state Route 151 after a series of crashes there.
- South Sudan forms new coalition government of national unity Updated: Apr-29-16 12:04 pm
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan's leaders have formed a transitional coalition government bringing together politicians from the government and the armed opposition who have been at war for two and a half years.
- Officials set up temporary center to solve Benefind issues Updated: Apr-29-16 10:31 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State officials have created a "tactical operations center" meant to improve the flow of aid to Kentuckians in need.
- Senate confirms Obama's pick to be ambassador to Mexico Updated: Apr-28-16 8:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Thursday confirmed President Barack Obama's nominee to be U.S. ambassador to Mexico, clearing the way for the first woman to hold what is considered to be one of the country's most important diplomatic posts.
- Biden presses Iraq to not let political chaos upend gains Updated: Apr-28-16 5:39 pm
BAGHDAD - Vice President Joe Biden pressed Iraq on Thursday not to let its crippling political crisis upend hard-fought gains against the Islamic State group as he returned to the country that's come to symbolize America's relentless struggles in the Middle East.
- New Mexico appoints new Health Department secretary Updated: Apr-28-16 5:32 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A new Cabinet secretary has been appointed to lead the New Mexico Department of Health after the death of Sec. Retta Ward in March.
- Anderson County residents file lawsuit following crashes Updated: Apr-27-16 10:11 am
LAWRENCEBURG, Kentucky - People living along a rural Anderson County road that has been the setting for dozens of accidents in recent years are taking legal action to try to force the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet to limit the number of commercial trucks traveling on it.
- Trump, Clinton win Pennsylvania; Dems tap McGinty for Senate Updated: Apr-27-16 1:31 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton came away big winners in Pennsylvania's presidential primaries Tuesday, as Democrats backed their party establishment's choice for U.S. Senate and an indicted Philadelphia-area congressman lost his bid for a 12th term.
- Campaign trail traffic heavy ahead of Pennsylvania primary Updated: Apr-25-16 8:17 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Presidential candidates campaigned Monday from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia in a last-ditch bid for votes in Pennsylvania's first competitive Republican primary in decades.
- A look at Pennsylvania's primary races for president on down Updated: Apr-24-16 10:01 am
On Tuesday, Pennsylvania voters will cast ballots in primary elections for president, Congress, state attorney general and the state Legislature.
- Rep. Schaeffer resigns, Chaudhuri appointed in Senate Updated: Apr-22-16 4:55 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - There have been more comings and goings at the North Carolina General Assembly before this year's work session begins on Monday.
- Argentine foreign minister questioned on being next UN chief Updated: Apr-20-16 7:51 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Argentina's Foreign Minister Susanna Malcorra said Wednesday that whether she is nominated as a candidate to be the next secretary-general of the United Nations "is in the hands of my president."
- The Latest: Utility disappointed by reversal of nuclear plan Updated: Apr-20-16 4:54 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on an appeals court ruling delaying Florida utility nuclear plant proposal (all times local):
- Laos, one of last communist nations, elects new leaders Updated: Apr-20-16 7:44 am
VIENTIANE, Laos - Laos, one of the world's last communist nations, elected its top government leaders Wednesday at a meeting of its newly seated National Assembly.
- The Latest: Clinton picks up at least 135 delegates in NY Updated: Apr-20-16 12:08 am
NEW YORK - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in New York cast their ballots in the state's primary (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- GOP Kentucky governor to investigate Democratic predecessor Updated: Apr-19-16 3:26 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's Republican governor said Tuesday he is hiring a private law firm to help investigate his Democratic predecessor for what he said were potentially illegal procurement practices.
- Koster keeps fundraising edge over GOP rivals for governor Updated: Apr-15-16 9:29 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Democratic Attorney General Chris Koster's most recent fundraising has exceeded the combined total of all his Republican opponents in the race for Missouri governor, reports filed Friday with the Missouri Ethics Commission show.
- AP Explains: Why Brazilian president faces impeachment Updated: Apr-15-16 12:59 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff is facing possible impeachment by Congress, with the lower Chamber of Deputies expected to vote on the measure on Sunday. The effort comes amid an angry public mood over the South American nation's worst recession in decades and a big bribery scandal at the state oil company Petrobras, yet it is not tied to either of those. AP explains what's behind the movement to oust her, and how it could play out:
- Ukrainian president's ally is elected as new prime minister Updated: Apr-14-16 4:42 pm
MOSCOW - The speaker of the Ukrainian parliament was elected the country's new prime minister Thursday in a vote that the government hopes will end a months-long political crisis but which reformers say gives Ukraine's oligarchs a free hand in running the country.
- Dayton appoints top staffer to economic development post Updated: Apr-14-16 1:06 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton's economic development chief is stepping down.
- UK's long-delayed Iraq war report still months away Updated: Apr-14-16 11:37 am
LONDON - The British government says a long-delayed report into the U.K.'s involvement in the Iraq war won't be published before the summer, seven years after the inquiry began.
- Gov. Snyder makes staff changes in his executive office Updated: Apr-12-16 5:38 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder is filling some jobs in his executive office by promoting from within and in one case transferring an agency director to the office.
- Fujimori's accidental rival embraces 'gringo' label in Peru Updated: Apr-12-16 2:50 pm
LIMA, Peru - Comedians in Peru ridicule his American accent and his longstanding ties to Wall Street anger some in an impoverished nation increasingly hostile toward foreign mining companies.
- Former Kansas governor, Cabinet secretary to speak in Ohio Updated: Apr-12-16 12:26 am
CINCINNATI - A former Kansas governor and Cabinet secretary whose father once led Ohio will be the featured speaker at a Cincinnati-area Democratic Party gathering.