- Sioux Falls councilwoman says cellphones, driving don't mix Updated: Oct-13-15 8:05 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls City Councilwoman Michelle Erpenbach wants to ban motorists from using hand-held electronic devices including cellphones, but her proposal might face a bumpy road.
- Massachusetts could ban talking on cellphones while driving Updated: Oct-06-15 7:49 pm
BOSTON - Families of those killed in distracted driving accidents are asking state lawmakers to back legislation that would require drivers to use hand-free phones in Massachusetts.
- Rhode Island official urges teens to not text while driving Updated: Sep-25-15 5:27 pm
WEST GREENWICH, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Attorney General Peter Kilmartin is urging teenage drivers to not use their cell phones while driving as part of the fourth annual "It Can Wait" campaign in the state.
- How not to panic about possibly meeting Pope Francis Updated: Sep-25-15 3:05 am
NEW YORK - The pope has arrived. What do we do? Hugs? Selfies? Curtsies? How formal should we be with a man who telephones average people out of the blue and accepts pizza deliveries in the popemobile? Should we follow the advice of House and Senate leaders, who told lawmakers to avoid handshakes or conversations with Pope Francis as he entered the chamber for his speech in Congress on Thursday? Here's some etiquette advice from a few experts skilled at being "in the wallpaper" of such VIP visits, the protocol officers who spend weeks or months planning every detail and know the taboos:
- Springfield father campaigns against texting while driving Updated: Sep-14-15 7:49 am
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - A Springfield father is campaigning to keep teenagers off their phones while they are behind the wheel with a series of billboards around the city.