- Cell phone ban in construction zones sought Updated: Dec-06-13 2:17 pm
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: Dec-03-13 4:28 pm
- Greenville may ban cellphones from drivers' hands Updated: Dec-03-13 11:52 am
- NY troopers in big SUVs peer in on texting drivers Updated: Nov-25-13 2:21 am
- Lawyer drops appeal in NJ texting case Updated: Nov-21-13 8:23 am
- Jackson weighs ban on cellphone use while driving Updated: Nov-20-13 9:59 am
- Court says former law ambiguous on texting Updated: Nov-08-13 1:55 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Drivers would be barred from talking on their cellphones while in a construction zone under a bill being circulated in the Wisconsin state Legislature.
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Greenville is considering a ban on any use of a cellphone in a driver's hand.
MOUNT PLEASANT, New York - Even for a state trooper, it's not easy to spot drivers who are texting. Their smartphones are down on their laps, not at their ears. And they're probably not moving their lips.
MORRSITOWN, New Jersey - The lawyer for a Florida couple has dropped an appeal of a New Jersey texting while driving ruling.
JACKSON, Wyoming - The Jackson Town Council is considering a ban on cellphone conversations while driving that could start in mid-December.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Court of Appeals has found a former law was ambiguous with regard to whether it banned text messaging while driving.