- Governor's marijuana council establishes areas of focus Updated: Aug-29-15 3:08 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A council appointed by Gov. Matt Mead to study the potential impacts of medical marijuana legalization in Wyoming has established specific issues it will focus on.
- Wicomico County medical marijuana facility proposed Updated: Aug-28-15 9:35 am
HEBRON, Maryland - A company is hoping that its plan to build a medical marijuana growing facility in Wicomico County is one of 15 applications approved by the state of Maryland.
- Doctor fights charges he misled patients about marijuana Updated: Aug-28-15 1:57 am
CHICAGO - Supporters of an Illinois doctor who's in trouble for a marijuana recommendation say his case could have a chilling effect on other doctors' participation in the state's medical cannabis pilot program.
- Michigan rejects medical marijuana for severe autism Updated: Aug-27-15 3:11 pm
DETROIT - Michigan won't allow the use of medical marijuana to control the effects of severe autism, an official said Thursday, rejecting the recommendation of an advisory panel.
- Nearly 200 patients qualify for medical marijuana registry Updated: Aug-27-15 10:21 am
ATLANTA - Public health officials reported nearly 200 patients have now qualified for Georgia's new medical marijuana registry, with an uptick in the number of doctors now approved to recommend cannabis oil as a treatment.
- Hagerstown medical marijuana-growing facility proposed Updated: Aug-27-15 9:28 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The president of a newly formed medical marijuana company has proposed an indoor-growing facility in Hagerstown.
- Man sentenced to prison for marijuana growing operation Updated: Aug-27-15 7:23 am
PITTSFIELD, Massachusetts - A western Massachusetts man has been sentenced to prison for growing marijuana that he said was for medicinal purposes.
- Minnesota considers medical marijuana for pain patients Updated: Aug-25-15 3:59 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - State officials are weighing a question that could drastically expand Minnesota's medical marijuana program and offer hope of relief to thousands of residents: Should it allow people with intractable pain to buy the new drug?
- State to hold public hearing on medical marijuana dispensary Updated: Aug-25-15 3:04 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - State and local officials say they're hearing little negative feedback in communities that will soon be home to long-awaited medical marijuana dispensaries, although some residents are seeking reassurance about security.
- Reno's first medical marijuana shop to open Wednesday Updated: Aug-25-15 5:11 am
RENO, Nevada - After 15 years of waiting, Reno's first medical marijuana dispensary is set to open Wednesday.
- 6 companies vie for SW Florida's medical marijuana business Updated: Aug-25-15 3:02 am
FORT MYERS, Florida - The six nursery businesses that have applied to be southwest Florida's medical marijuana dispensing organization are turning to prominent professionals in the Sunshine State and cultivation experts from Colorado who have experience in the pot-growing industry.
- State says Portland's mobile medical marijuana cart illegal Updated: Aug-24-15 11:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - It didn't take long for an entrepreneur to combine two of Portland's favorite things: marijuana and food carts.
- First Las Vegas area medical marijuana dispensary opens Updated: Aug-24-15 7:16 pm
LAS VEGAS - After several months of delays, the first store to sell medical marijuana legally in the Las Vegas area has opened for business.
- Likely legalization vote prompts action on medical marijuana Updated: Aug-24-15 6:42 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The likelihood that California voters will be asked to legalize recreational marijuana next year is prompting lawmakers to make a serious run at reining in the state's vast medical marijuana industry - a job they have deferred for nearly two decades.
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case Updated: Aug-24-15 3:12 pm
GARDEN CITY, Kansas - A western Kansas woman has pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from accusations that arose after 11-year-old son said in school that his mother smokes marijuana "a lot."
- Some Illinois health systems say no to medical marijuana Updated: Aug-22-15 10:57 am
CHICAGO - Patients must have a doctor's signature to buy medical marijuana in Illinois, but some health systems are forbidding doctors from putting pen to paper because the drug is still illegal at the federal level.
- Medical marijuana advocate in Washington dies from cancer Updated: Aug-21-15 5:37 pm
COLVILLE, Washington - A northeastern Washington man at the center of a nationally watched medical marijuana case has died of pancreatic cancer, six months after the federal government dropped charges against him.
- PTSD patients sue Colorado over marijuana decision Updated: Aug-21-15 5:10 pm
DENVER - Colorado's decision not to allow marijuana to treat post-traumatic stress disorder has prompted a lawsuit by PTSD sufferers.
- Group seeking medical marijuana in Oklahoma files petition Updated: Aug-21-15 3:37 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A group seeking to legalize the use of medical marijuana in Oklahoma has taken the first step toward putting the issue to a vote of the people in 2016.
- Menominee tribal members endorse marijuana proposals Updated: Aug-21-15 3:20 pm
KESHENA, Wisconsin - Members of the Menominee Indian Tribe have endorsed the possible legalization of marijuana for medicinal and recreational use on their northeastern Wisconsin reservation, the tribe announced Friday.
- Bristol proposal takes aim at recreational marijuana stores Updated: Aug-21-15 2:50 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Bristol official wants to prevent marijuana stores from cropping up like liquor stores in his town, before they're even legal in Rhode Island.
- Illinois releases names of 7 with go-ahead to grow marijuana Updated: Aug-21-15 4:07 am
CHICAGO - Illinois businesses with state approval to grow marijuana are located as far north as Freeport near the Wisconsin state line and as far south as the Edwards County city of Albion.
- Court rejects Oakland lawsuit over marijuana dispensary Updated: Aug-20-15 8:11 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The federal government's decision to try to seize the property of a large medical marijuana dispensary cannot be second-guessed by a court, a federal appeals court ruled Thursday as it rejected a lawsuit by a California city that wants to keep the dispensary open.
- Lake County clears way for medical marijuana dispensaries Updated: Aug-20-15 2:23 pm
LAKEVIEW, Oregon - Medical marijuana dispensaries can now be established across Lake County after officials took no action by the deadline to renew a one-year moratorium on dispensaries.
- Oregon releases draft recreational marijuana rules Updated: Aug-19-15 5:49 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon public health officials have released draft rules for medical marijuana dispensaries selling legal recreational pot.