- A month in, medical marijuana yields mixed results Updated: Aug-02-15 11:09 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Patrick McClellan's first batch of medical marijuana, via vaporizer, worked like a charm, curbing the pain and muscle spasms that come with his muscular dystrophy and supplanting a combination of prescription medications that doctors say could kill him.
- NY's medical pot distributors reflect industry's evolution Updated: Aug-01-15 1:19 pm
ALBANY, New York - Tie-dyed they're not.
- 1st legal medical pot sold in Nevada 15 years after approval Updated: Jul-31-15 10:46 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Fifteen years after Nevadans voted to legalize it, medical marijuana was sold legally in the state for the first time Friday at a dispensary in a strip mall about 5 miles east of downtown Reno.
- Michigan panel recommends allowing marijuana for autism Updated: Jul-31-15 4:11 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan would become the first state to allow medical marijuana for children with severe autism if a senior official follows the recommendation made Friday by an advisory panel.
- New York state picks 5 to grow, dispense medical marijuana Updated: Jul-31-15 2:16 pm
ALBANY, New York - The five companies picked to grow and dispense medical marijuana in New York include one run by a Minnesota physician, three with dispensaries in other states and another with a personal connection to those the state's new program aims to help.
- Medical pot dispensaries vying for space outside Medford Updated: Jul-31-15 1:45 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Medical marijuana dispensaries already are dueling for space in the first week that Jackson County has begun accepting permit applications to operate.
- Price hike adds to sticker shock for medical marijuana Updated: Jul-30-15 6:30 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - One of Minnesota's medical marijuana manufacturers has raised its prices substantially after less than a month in business, adding to a cost that many patients are already struggling to cover.
- Pot legalization group files new signatures in ballot effort Updated: Jul-30-15 6:23 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A campaign to legalize marijuana for medicinal and recreational use in Ohio submitted more signatures Thursday as it tries to get the issue before fall voters.
- Judge denies appeal of condition for using pot for PTSD Updated: Jul-30-15 1:50 pm
PHOENIX - Medical marijuana advocates have lost a court challenge to conditions set by Arizona health officials for post-traumatic stress sufferers seeking to qualify for treatment.
- Nevada's first medical marijuana dispensary to open Updated: Jul-30-15 12:26 pm
RENO, Nevada - The first medical marijuana dispensary in Nevada is finally set to open in Sparks.
- Nevada medical marijuana patient acquitted of drug charges Updated: Jul-30-15 6:16 am
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas medical marijuana patient who was accused of preparing to sell drugs has been acquitted of two felony drug charges.
- As petition looms, Wyoming panel begins look at legal pot Updated: Jul-29-15 7:16 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming's anti-pot governor has a warning for a task force he's named to study the effects of legal marijuana: It CAN happen here.
- Daugaard unsupportive of medical, decriminalized marijuana Updated: Jul-29-15 7:11 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard says he needs to review proposed ballot measures that would decriminalize marijuana possession and legalize medicinal cannabis, but the governor says he generally hasn't supported such proposals.
- Court details rules for immunity in medical marijuana cases Updated: Jul-28-15 7:13 am
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court says judges should follow a four-part test before trial to determine whether defendants in cases involving medical marijuana are immune from prosecution.
- Man sentenced in widely-watched medical marijuana case Updated: Jul-24-15 5:31 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The only member of the so-called "Kettle Falls Five" marijuana-growing family to plead guilty has received a 16-month sentence, but will remain out of custody pending an appeal.
- Police: DEA joining probe in Santa Fe pot dispensary blast Updated: Jul-24-15 5:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is joining an investigation into an explosion and fire at a Santa Fe medical marijuana dispensary that injured two people, police said Friday.
- Oregon TV anchor fired after testing positive for marijuana Updated: Jul-24-15 4:52 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon television anchor has turned into a marijuana activist after being fired for testing positive for the drug.
- Lack of inspector could delay medical marijuana in Las Vegas Updated: Jul-24-15 4:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Dozens of medical marijuana businesses in Las Vegas may be forced to delay their openings while the state tries to fill regulatory positions designed to ensure dispensaries are complying with the law.
- Arrest affidavit offers look into case against Kansas mom Updated: Jul-23-15 5:31 pm
GARDEN CITY, Kansas - An arrest affidavit for a west Kansas woman accused of endangering her 11-year-old son by keeping marijuana around the house states the boy was able to draw a picture of the vaporizer she used to turn pot into cannabis oil.
- Advent of medical marijuana has Arizona courts at odds Updated: Jul-23-15 5:17 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona courts appear at odds over the possible impact of legalized medical marijuana on the ability of police to conduct searches prompted solely by officers smelling the drug.
- Iowa, federal rules differ over marijuana oil extract Updated: Jul-23-15 3:40 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A Dubuque mother whose state cannabis card allows her to give oil extracted from marijuana to her epileptic son said she administers it in the parking lot of the boy's care center because the facility doesn't allow the treatment inside.
- Number of marijuana patients in RI doubles since 2013 Updated: Jul-23-15 7:46 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state Department of Health reports the number of patients enrolled in the state's medical marijuana program has more than doubled since 2013.
- Coalition to give voice to medical marijuana patients Updated: Jul-23-15 4:16 am
CHICAGO - More than a dozen groups have formed a statewide coalition to make sure patients can get access to medical marijuana under Illinois' new pilot program.
- Medical dispensary files lawsuit over Medford pot sale ban Updated: Jul-22-15 1:41 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Medford's ban on pot sales is facing a lawsuit from a medical marijuana dispensary.
- Wyoming begins offering hemp registration cards Updated: Jul-22-15 5:07 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming epilepsy patients can now apply for hemp extract registration cards through the Wyoming Department of Health.