- AP NewsBreak: Marijuana 'loophole' bill unlikely Updated: Mar-11-14 8:22 pm
- Dayton says still time for medical pot deal Updated: Mar-11-14 6:43 pm
- State defends medical marijuana licensing process Updated: Mar-11-14 11:25 am
- Elko City Council takes up pot dispensaries Updated: Mar-11-14 6:14 am
- More than 100 Los Angeles pot shops closed Updated: Mar-11-14 12:07 am
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes Updated: Mar-10-14 7:41 pm
- Federal prosecutors want cash from Denver pot grow Updated: Mar-10-14 7:33 pm
- Jindal pushes worker training, as session opens Updated: Mar-10-14 5:37 pm
- Iowa Gov. Branstad warns about medical marijuana Updated: Mar-10-14 11:53 am
- Ill. medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma Updated: Mar-09-14 1:37 pm
- State oversight may tame California pot shops Updated: Mar-09-14 11:47 am
- Senate passes bill to regulate medical marijuana Updated: Mar-08-14 5:13 pm
- Caricom leaders to debate marijuana legalization Updated: Mar-08-14 2:02 pm
- Medford council moves swiftly to ban pot shops Updated: Mar-07-14 6:34 pm
- SC bill allows cannabis oil for epilepsy treatment Updated: Mar-06-14 6:37 pm
- Vegas eyes another 6-month ban on pot dispensaries Updated: Mar-06-14 6:31 pm
- Conn. agency head: decision near on marijuana firm Updated: Mar-06-14 5:28 pm
- Senate panel advances pot extract for kids bill Updated: Mar-06-14 4:05 pm
- Most doctors at forum oppose medical marijuana Updated: Mar-06-14 9:01 am
- Washington issues first legal pot business license Updated: Mar-05-14 7:47 pm
- Proposed medical pot rules introduced in Clark Co. Updated: Mar-05-14 7:14 pm
- Bill to OK medical use of low-THC pot wins support Updated: Mar-05-14 4:02 pm
- Oregon House panel OKs temporary dispensary bans Updated: Mar-04-14 10:35 pm
- 1st Washington pot license goes to guy named Green Updated: Mar-04-14 8:01 pm
- Senate OKs bill letting landlords ban medical pot Updated: Mar-04-14 7:08 pm
DENVER - A legal loophole in Colorado's marijuana law that allows people to grow hundreds of pot plants without going through background checks or paying taxes is likely staying - for now, legislators were told Tuesday.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A push to legalize medical marijuana in Minnesota was in limbo Tuesday after a key lawmaker said she had reached an impasse in negotiations with law enforcement to get their support.
BOSTON - The state is defending its heavily criticized process for selecting companies to run medical marijuana dispensaries, but it still has not provided an explanation for its failure to verify applicants' information until after approving provisional licenses.
ELKO, Nevada - The Elko City Council is poised to consider banning medical marijuana dispensaries within the city limits.
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles has shut more than 100 pot shops since it began enforcing new rules for medical marijuana dispensaries. But officials say many more continue to operate outside the law.
DENVER - Colorado made roughly $2 million in marijuana taxes in January, state revenue officials reported Monday in the world's first accounting of the recreational pot business.
DENVER - Federal prosecutors in Denver want to seize more than $850,000 from a medical marijuana business that was indicted in state court last year.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal told lawmakers opening their annual legislative session Monday that Louisiana's biggest challenge was making sure it has enough workers to fill the jobs his administration has helped attract to the state.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad says he worries drug abuse would increase if medical marijuana became legal in Iowa.
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Illinois residents who make use of the state's fledgling medical marijuana law may risk their jobs if their employers opt to maintain or adopt zero-tolerance drug policies.
SAN FRANCISCO - Law and order may soon be coming to the Wild West of weed.
OLYMPIA, Washington - A measure to overhaul the state's medical marijuana system cleared the Senate Saturday as the state moves to merge that largely unregulated market with the still-developing legal recreational market.
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Researchers with a Caribbean trade bloc have found that decriminalizing marijuana and exploring its use for medicinal purposes could help boost the region's sluggish economy.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Moving even before the Legislature completed action, the Medford City Council has voted for a moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - People suffering from severe epilepsy could legally use oil derived from marijuana under a bill advanced Thursday in the South Carolina House.
LAS VEGAS - The Las Vegas City Council is considering extending a moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries that is set to expire later this month.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's consumer protection commissioner said Thursday he remains confident in how his agency has vetted the state's newly selected medical marijuana producers, despite recently learning an employee at one firm had previously lost his license to run a marijuana facility in Colorado.
SALT LAKE CITY - A Senate committee Thursday unanimously approved a bill allowing Utah parents of children with severe epilepsy to legally obtain a marijuana-derived extract they say helps with seizures.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Most of the doctors polled at a Minnesota Medical Association forum oppose the legislation that legalizes medical marijuana.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state issued its first legal-marijuana business license Wednesday, launching a new phase in the state's ambitious effort to regulate a market that has been illegal for more than 75 years.
LAS VEGAs - Clark County commissioners have taken a first look at regulations that could allow for medical marijuana dispensaries in its unincorporated areas.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Peyton and Holley Moseley are torn between desperately wanting to help control their adopted daughter RayAnn's seizures and risking losing her if they do.
SALEM, Oregon - A state House committee has approved a compromise measure that would allow Oregon communities to ban medical marijuana facilities, but only temporarily.
SEATTLE - Washington state's first legal marijuana license is going to a guy named Green.
LANSING, Michigan - Landlords would have greater authority to ban tenants from smoking or growing medical marijuana under a bill that passed the state Senate on Tuesday.