- Hearing set on adding autism to medical marijuana list Updated: May-22-15 4:13 am
VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Lisa Smith says her son's behavior was dangerous: hair pulling, kicks, punches, all related to a severe form of autism. But it began to change more than a year ago when he was given daily oral doses of oil extracted from marijuana.
- Lawmakers approve extension in medical marijuana program Updated: May-21-15 5:51 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' medical marijuana program would be extended by two or more years under legislation heading to Gov. Bruce Rauner.
- Nebraska senators pass cannabis study for seizure sufferers Updated: May-21-15 4:51 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska residents suffering from intractable seizures could have one more treatment option under a medical cannabis study headed to Gov. Pete Ricketts' desk.
- MBTA rejects Natick school's medical marijuana industry ads Updated: May-21-15 7:07 am
BOSTON - The MBTA has rejected ads from a school that teaches people how to cultivate medical marijuana.
- Medical board may reinstate physician's license Updated: May-20-15 5:41 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A southwestern Montana doctor who lost his license for excessive prescription of pain medication has agreed to acknowledge some wrongdoing in order to practice medicine again, the Department of Labor and Industry said.
- Arpaio: 500 pot plants seized in illegal growing operation Updated: May-20-15 1:39 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say 500 marijuana plants were found in an illegal growing operation run out of a storage building in south Phoenix.
- Cannabis therapy bill heading to Texas Gov. Abbott Updated: May-19-15 4:47 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas House gave final approval Tuesday to a limited medical marijuana bill that would give epilepsy patients access to trace amounts of cannabis oil. The next stop is Gov. Greg Abbott's desk, marking a milestone that marijuana-reform advocates say is nothing short of historic in Texas.
- Lawsuit: Denver man monopolizing Illinois marijuana industry Updated: May-19-15 3:29 pm
CHICAGO - A colorful Denver businessman and unsuccessful city council candidate schemed to monopolize the new medical marijuana industry in Illinois, according to a lawsuit that has joined a parade of legal challenges from competing marijuana business applicants in the state.
- City allows Auburn medical marijuana facility expansion Updated: May-19-15 6:10 am
AUBURN, Maine - The city of Auburn has given the go-ahead for a major expansion of a medical marijuana growing facility that would increase the size of the building four-fold.
- Pot panel approves new restrictions for medical marijuana Updated: May-18-15 10:35 pm
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon Senate special committee unanimously passed legislation on Monday imposing a variety of new restrictions on medical marijuana, a week after a joint committee overseeing the state's marijuana rules stalled on a similar measure.
- Senators back study of cannabis extract for seizures Updated: May-18-15 8:20 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers gave initial approval Monday to a measure that would allow certain patients who suffer from severe seizures to use a form of marijuana as part of a medical study.
- House OKs cannabis oil in victory for marijuana advocates Updated: May-18-15 7:47 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Marijuana supporters are on the brink of a small victory they say is nonetheless significant in the conservative Texas Legislature.
- Colorado governor signs rules that limit medical pot growers Updated: May-18-15 7:17 pm
DENVER - Colorado's governor signed into law a crackdown on medical marijuana Monday, one of two measures designed to ferret out people improperly using and selling untaxed marijuana.
- Lawmakers working on medical pot, daylight saving for 2016 Updated: May-18-15 3:11 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The next legislative session is eight months away, but Utah lawmakers are already working on bills to set up medical marijuana programs, halt a move to relocate the state prison and overhaul the state liquor department in 2016.
- Judge rejects Rastafarian defense seeking reduced charge Updated: May-17-15 7:46 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A northern Indiana judge rejected an argument by a man who asked that his marijuana possession charge be reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor because he follows the Rastafarian faith.
- Lawmakers OK bill reallocating unused medical pot licenses Updated: May-15-15 9:38 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada senators have approved a plan to reallocate medical marijuana licenses that were never claimed.
- State health officials unveil new marijuana dispensary rules Updated: May-15-15 8:50 pm
BOSTON - The Department of Public Health is unveiling changes to the way it issues licenses under the state's medical marijuana dispensary program.
- 3 medical pot dispensaries cleared to do business in Flint Updated: May-15-15 7:31 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Flint officials have given three medical marijuana dispensaries clearance to open this week after an investigation and subsequent shut-down.
- Pennsylvania Senate's medical marijuana bill hits opposition Updated: May-15-15 4:47 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania state Senate's bill legalizing medical marijuana has landed in a House committee headed by a Republican who opposes the authorization of any drug without the federal government's approval first.
- High school suspends student for bringing cannabis medicine Updated: May-15-15 2:34 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A Colorado Springs mom is working with her disabled son's school district this summer to update policies after she mistakenly included his cannabis medicine in his lunch.
- Deal appoints members to medical marijuana study group Updated: May-15-15 12:51 pm
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal has appointed 11 members of a new panel charged with making recommendations about what type of medical marijuana use Georgia should allow.
- Maine students can take medical pot on campus, panel says Updated: May-15-15 10:57 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative committee says schoolchildren should be allowed to take prescribed marijuana on school grounds if a parent or guardian administers it on campus.
- Proposed medical marijuana farm near Roswell gets OK Updated: May-14-15 5:05 am
ROSWELL, New Mexico - A medical marijuana growing facility near Roswell has been given the green light.
- Nebraska lawmakers advance medical marijuana bill Updated: May-12-15 8:59 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska residents suffering from debilitating illnesses could access medical marijuana under a bill that cleared a first-round vote in the Legislature with a compromise aimed at preventing widespread use of the drug.
- Correction: Marijuana Laws-Kansas story Updated: May-12-15 12:01 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - In a story May 10 about the Kansas House's passage of a marijuana-related bill, The Associated Press erroneously omitted Washington state from the list of U.S. places that have legalized the recreational use of marijuana. Washington began allowing last summer.