- Medical pot ad limits await governor's pen in Colorado Updated: May-04-16 1:09 pm
DENVER - An expanded limit on marijuana advertising awaits the governor's signature in Colorado.
- Oakland expands medical marijuana dispensaries in the city Updated: May-04-16 10:19 am
OAKLAND, California - City leaders have unanimously approved a new law expanding the number of medical marijuana operating in the city of Oakland.
- Germany to allow medical cannabis consumption in some cases Updated: May-04-16 6:53 am
BERLIN - Germany's Cabinet has approved a bill that will allow patients to get cannabis as a prescription-only medication.
- The Latest: Hawaii OKs bills on mental health, prison, guns Updated: May-03-16 11:06 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the Hawaii Legislature passing dozens of bills ahead of a legislative deadline (all times local):
- Attorney: Prosecutors dropping marijuana dispensary case Updated: May-03-16 4:07 pm
OAKLAND, California - Federal prosecutors have agreed to drop a nearly four-year effort to seize the property of a California medical marijuana dispensary billed as the nation's largest, the dispensary's attorney said Tuesday.
- Illinois retail medical marijuana sales top $2M in April Updated: May-03-16 3:58 pm
CHICAGO - The Illinois medical marijuana industry saw $2.2 million in retail sales during April, the largest one-month figure yet.
- Medical marijuana expansion effort edges ahead in House Updated: May-03-16 2:17 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A year after lawmakers created the framework for a medical marijuana program in Louisiana, medicinal-grade pot hasn't reached the hands of a single patient amid regulatory hurdles built into the law.
- Fighting opioid addiction with marijuana moving forward Updated: May-03-16 12:09 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A proposal to use marijuana to battle opioid addiction is being processed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- The Latest: House delays action on marijuana bill Updated: May-02-16 9:01 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Latest on Vermont marijuana legalization bill (all times local):
- Illinois panel again urges medical marijuana expansion Updated: May-02-16 5:17 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois advisory board is once again recommending that Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration add new health conditions to a list of what can be treated legally with medical marijuana.
- Colorado pot-in-schools bill nearing governor's desk Updated: May-02-16 4:44 pm
DENVER - Colorado schools would be required to allow medical marijuana use under a bill nearing its final vote in the state Legislature.
- Bill allowing medical marijuana for kids clears Senate Updated: Apr-29-16 11:52 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bill that that would allow minors with certain debilitating conditions to use Connecticut's medical marijuana program has cleared its final legislative hurdle.
- Hawaii selects businesses for medical pot but excludes actor Updated: Apr-29-16 9:57 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii selected eight businesses Friday to open medical marijuana dispensaries - but not one owned by Woody Harrelson.
- New Hampshire's first medical marijuana dispensary to open Updated: Apr-29-16 5:34 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's first medical marijuana dispensary is set to open after receiving its registration certificate.
- 5 indicted in Phoenix for marijuana growing scheme Updated: Apr-29-16 5:52 am
PHOENIX - Five people are accused of falsely gaining medical marijuana grower status to illegally sell cannabis in Phoenix.
- Alabama legislature passes medical marijuana oil bill Updated: Apr-27-16 9:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama legislature on Wednesday voted to decriminalize medicinal marijuana oil possession.
- Attempt to revive talks on medical marijuana fails in House Updated: Apr-27-16 5:03 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - An attempt to revive talks on legislation that would expand medical marijuana access in Iowa has failed in the state House.
- Ohio patients push ballot over bill for medical marijuana Updated: Apr-27-16 3:47 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Patients and their families who are backing a medical marijuana ballot issue in Ohio said Wednesday that the proposed constitutional amendment offers a quicker and more effective way for them to get relief than legislation.
- Foundation, journalist dismiss suit over records now public Updated: Apr-27-16 12:28 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Foundation for Open Government and a journalist have dismissed their lawsuit against the state Department of Health now releasing public records with names of licensed medical marijuana producers.
- Michigan House votes to study marijuana limit for drivers Updated: Apr-26-16 7:34 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan House moved Tuesday to get a recommendation on setting a legal limit for driving under the influence of marijuana.
- Could marijuana help treat painkiller and heroin addiction? Updated: Apr-26-16 3:44 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The growing number of patients who claim marijuana helped them drop their painkiller habit has intrigued lawmakers and emboldened advocates, who are pushing for cannabis as a treatment for the abuse of opioids and illegal narcotics like heroin, as well as an alternative to painkillers.
- State Supreme Court delays enforcement of medical pot ruling Updated: Apr-25-16 9:51 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court said Monday it will delay enforcement of the severe medical marijuana restrictions it has upheld until Aug. 31.
- Hawaii lawmakers mull bill to clarify medical cannabis rules Updated: Apr-25-16 9:07 pm
HONOLULU - With less than a week to go before Hawaii is scheduled to announce the names of the state's first medical marijuana dispensary owners, lawmakers are considering a bill to clarify gaps in the dispensary law passed last year.
- Arkansas AG approves wording of marijuana proposal Updated: Apr-25-16 6:47 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge has approved the wording of a proposal to legalize recreational and medical marijuana, allowing supporters to begin gathering signatures to put the measure on the November ballot.
- Analysis: Can't do taxes? Lawmakers weigh fees to fill gaps Updated: Apr-24-16 8:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Prohibitions against considering taxes in the current legislative session haven't slowed all efforts to raise revenue to patch together next year's budget.