- Slate of new Arizona laws involve ride-hailing, abortions Updated: Jul-02-15 4:58 pm
PHOENIX - A slew of Arizona laws that take affect Friday include new rules for ride-hailing companies like Uber, access to vouchers for all children living on Indian reservations, and a ban on abortion coverage in insurance policies bought through the federal exchange.
- Wednesday ends long wait for medical marijuana patients Updated: Jul-01-15 4:57 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's medical marijuana program kicked off in the dead of night Wednesday, as the first three patients filed into a Minneapolis clinic at midnight and emerged with medicine the state's law had long kept out of reach.
- Thousands gather in Portland as Oregon eases into legal weed Updated: Jul-01-15 4:05 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon began easing into an era of legal marijuana Wednesday after an early morning pot celebration at the center of Portland.
- Illinois medical marijuana patients now number 2,600 Updated: Jul-01-15 12:08 pm
CHICAGO - The number of patients approved to use medical marijuana has been climbing, but slowly. Illinois sent about 100 approval letters in June to patients who qualify for the program.
- Indiana's religious freedom bill among host of new laws Updated: Jul-01-15 5:13 am
ATLANTA - Just days after a historic U.S. Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage, Indiana's religious freedom law took effect Wednesday amid an ongoing national debate over gay rights and religious objections.
- Gov. Inslee signs recreational marijuana reform bill Updated: Jun-30-15 9:11 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state's recreational marijuana law has a new tax structure under a measure signed into law Tuesday by Gov. Jay Inslee.
- Gov. Matt Mead creates panel to assess marijuana in Wyoming Updated: Jun-30-15 8:31 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming Gov. Matt Mead is creating a council to gauge the effects of marijuana usage in the state ahead of a push for a legalization initiative that could put the issue before voters next year.
- Illinois to take new suggestions for marijuana disease list Updated: Jun-30-15 4:06 am
CHICAGO - Illinois residents who want to add specific diseases to the state's medical marijuana pilot program have another chance to submit their suggestions during July.
- Jindal agrees to medical marijuana, lessened pot penalties Updated: Jun-29-15 6:32 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's penalties for having small amounts of marijuana have been lowered.
- 5th New Jersey facility can start growing medical marijuana Updated: Jun-29-15 3:11 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A fifth facility has been given permission to start growing medical marijuana in New Jersey.
- AP News Guide: Oregon weed legal soon, but not legally sold Updated: Jun-28-15 1:05 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Come Wednesday, the pot stashes in Oregon are legal - up to 8 ounces. So is the homegrown, up to four plants a household.
- Medical pot sales to begin in Minnesota, but fight not over Updated: Jun-28-15 12:07 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - There will be no baggies of pot awaiting patients next week when Minnesota joins 21 other states in offering medical marijuana. No glass pipes, no plants to tend at home. Instead, the nation's latest medical marijuana program is a world of pill bottles and vials of marijuana-infused oil.
- Deadline looms for Governor Ige to announce bill vetoes Updated: Jun-26-15 5:50 pm
HONOLULU - The deadline is approaching for Hawaii Gov. David Ige to tell lawmakers which bills he plans to veto.
- Medical marijuana may be likely, but patients still to wait Updated: Jun-26-15 3:40 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal has said he will sign a medical marijuana bill into law. But state officials say patients in Louisiana with cancer, glaucoma and a severe form of cerebral palsy will still have to wait at least two years to use it.
- Carson City medical marijuana grow site approved Updated: Jun-25-15 2:01 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A medical marijuana cultivation facility is coming to Carson City.
- 1st medical marijuana dispensary in Massachusetts opens Updated: Jun-24-15 3:55 pm
SALEM, Massachusetts - The first medical marijuana dispensary in Massachusetts opened Wednesday - by appointment only - nearly three years after voters overwhelmingly approved the drug's therapeutic use.
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: Jun-23-15 12:09 pm
Hutchinson News, June 18
- Study: Scant evidence that medical pot helps many illnesses Updated: Jun-23-15 12:04 pm
CHICAGO - Medical marijuana has not been proven to work for many illnesses that state laws have approved it for, according to the first comprehensive analysis of research on its potential benefits.
- Bill helps medical marijuana users access organ transplants Updated: Jun-22-15 8:11 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers have passed a bill that prevents medical marijuana users from being denied organ transplants just because they use pot.
- Oregon pharmacy loses license over marijuana prescriptions Updated: Jun-22-15 6:18 am
TUMALO, Oregon - A Tumalo pharmacy is closing after a state licensing board says it manufactured marijuana products, dispensed controlled substances without prescriptions and filled clients' prescriptions at other pharmacies without their knowledge, among other things.
- Equal pay, marijuana bills test Gov. Rauner's social agenda Updated: Jun-21-15 10:44 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Throughout his campaign for governor, Bruce Rauner asserted he didn't have a social agenda and was focused solely on Illinois' deepening financial crisis.
- Bridgeport may extend delay on medical marijuana businesses Updated: Jun-21-15 10:16 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Businesses considering applying for new medical marijuana permits in Connecticut's largest city may have to wait a while.
- Gov. Baker OKs waiver for Massachusetts' 1st pot dispensary Updated: Jun-19-15 2:39 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker on Friday issued a one-time, temporary waiver aimed at helping the state's first marijuana dispensary begin selling pot for medicinal purposes.
- Billings man proposes medical marijuana ban Updated: Jun-19-15 2:16 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings car dealer is once again proposing a ballot measure to ban medical marijuana in Montana.
- Planner OKs Easton medical marijuana growing facility Updated: Jun-19-15 11:25 am
EASTON, Maryland - The town planner in Easton has approved a medical marijuana growing facility planned in the Eastern Shore town.