- Pot clinic owner now mayor of California city Updated: Dec-06-13 12:59 pm
- Warwick firm gets OK to help marijuana patients Updated: Dec-06-13 7:31 am
- Colombian pleads not guilty on weapons charge Updated: Dec-05-13 2:55 pm
- Medical marijuana question before Supreme Court Updated: Dec-05-13 12:38 pm
- Jamaica scientist launches medical marijuana firm Updated: Dec-04-13 7:07 pm
- Pot license backlog dogs Colorado regulators Updated: Dec-04-13 9:55 am
- Iowa lawmaker still seeking medical marijuana law Updated: Dec-01-13 10:32 am
- Views differ on benefits, downfalls of marijuana Updated: Nov-30-13 2:38 pm
- Efforts to relax US marijuana laws lose benefactor Updated: Nov-29-13 1:13 pm
- Security guard shot 3 times during Updated: Nov-28-13 1:20 pm
- Mass. activists push to fully legalize marijuana Updated: Nov-28-13 9:29 am
- Court to take look at jobless pay for pot users Updated: Nov-28-13 4:13 am
- Chicago proposes tough rules on medical marijuana Updated: Nov-27-13 4:49 pm
- Judge: County now lacks zoning law for pot shops Updated: Nov-27-13 7:40 am
- List of medical pot applicants released Updated: Nov-22-13 3:52 pm
- Scottsdale says no to medical marijuana bakery Updated: Nov-21-13 5:08 am
- Details of WV medical marijuana bill emerge Updated: Nov-20-13 3:50 pm
- Colorado man fined $4,000 in Nebraska pot case Updated: Nov-20-13 9:34 am
- 2 vie for medical marijuana backing in Norwich Updated: Nov-19-13 6:28 am
- NJ's 3rd medical marijuana prepares to open Updated: Nov-19-13 5:52 am
- Panel takes no stance on city-dispensary question Updated: Nov-18-13 7:40 pm
- Pa. medical marijuana bill has bi-partisan support Updated: Nov-18-13 3:46 pm
- AP Photos: Prospectors seek fortune in legal pot Updated: Nov-18-13 1:39 pm
- NM experiencing shortage of medical marijuana Updated: Nov-16-13 3:07 pm
- Utah doctors endorse push for medical marijuana Updated: Nov-16-13 11:53 am
SEBASTOPOL, California - A medical marijuana dispensary owner has been named mayor of a small Northern California city in the heart of pot country.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Warwick business has received initial state approval to become the first Rhode Island business to help patients seeking to join the state's growing medical marijuana program.
DENVER - A Colombian national has pleaded not guilty in Denver federal court to a weapons charge after his arrest during raids on medical marijuana businesses.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Supreme Court listened to 60 minutes of arguments Thursday over 74 words that could let voters decide whether to allow marijuana use for medical reasons.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - A prominent Jamaican scientist and entrepreneur is launching a company that aims to capitalize on medical marijuana, a growing global industry that he asserted Wednesday could be a boon for the island's chronically limping economy.
DENVER - As Colorado prepares for recreational pot sales in less than a month, state marijuana regulators are still battling an enormous backlog issuing licenses for medical marijuana.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Legalizing medical marijuana will again be debated in the upcoming legislative session, though Iowa lawmakers have so far been loath to embrace a policy that is spreading in much of the country.
DENVER - There are hundreds of strains of marijuana - each containing hundreds of different chemicals - but only one molecule makes much difference, scientists say.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - With the death of Cleveland billionaire and philanthropist Peter B. Lewis, the push for relaxed U.S. marijuana laws lost its most generous supporter. That's left supporters wondering what comes next.
PALMDALE, California - A security guard at a medical marijuana dispensary in unincorporated Los Angeles County was shot while trying to prevent a robbery at the business, a sheriff's official said Thursday.
BOSTON - Pro-marijuana activists in Massachusetts have already succeeded in paving the way for dozens of medical marijuana dispensaries and decriminalizing possession of small amounts of the drug.
DETROIT - The Michigan appeals court has agreed to hear two cases to determine whether someone fired for using medical marijuana still can collect unemployment benefits from the state.
CHICAGO - Officials in Chicago have proposed strict regulations about where marijuana can be grown and dispensed in the city when it becomes legal in January.
PHOENIX - A judge has ruled that Maricopa County now doesn't have an enforceable zoning ordinance limiting where medical marijuana dispensaries can be located.
BOSTON - State health officials have released a list of the 100 applicants that are seeking licenses to open marijuana dispensaries for medical use.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - A request to open a medical marijuana bakery in the Scottsdale Airpark has been rejected by city councilors.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The first details about a proposal to legalize the use of marijuana for medical purposes in West Virginia emerged on Wednesday during a legislative committee meeting.
YORK, Nebraska - A 52-year-old Colorado man who said he was hauling medical marijuana when he was pulled over in Nebraska has been fined $4,000.
NORWICH, Connecticut - Two developers are competing for state approval to build a medical marijuana production plant in Norwich.
WOODBRIDGE, New Jersey - New Jersey's third medical marijuana dispensary is accepting patients.
PORTLAND, Oregon - The committee drafting Oregon's rules for medical marijuana dispensaries warned potential operators to check with their local government before making a big investment.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Two state senators, one a Republican and the other a Democrat, said Monday they plan to introduce a bill to legalize a certain form of marijuana for medicinal use in Pennsylvania in an effort to help children who suffer seizures and potentially many others, including patients suffering through chemotherapy.
SEATTLE - Dot-bong, Marijuana Inc., the Green Rush: Call it what you will, the burgeoning legal marijuana industry in Washington state is drawing pot prospectors of all stripes.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The demand for medical marijuana in New Mexico has outpaced production, leaving some patients to ration their supplies while others are being turned away.
SALT LAKE CITY - A University of Utah neurologist and two other Utah doctors announced their support this week for allowing a medical use of a marijuana extract for children who suffer from seizures.