- Ukraine will try again for downed plane tribunal Updated: Jul-30-15 7:05 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Ukraine's foreign minister said Thursday that the five countries investigating the downing of a Malaysia Airlines plane over Ukraine a year ago will try again to get U.N. Security Council approval for an international tribunal to prosecute the alleged perpetrators.
- Russia vetoes Security Council proposal on MH17 tribunal Updated: Jul-29-15 6:53 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Russia on Wednesday vetoed a U.N. Security Council resolution that would set up an international criminal court to prosecute those responsible for shooting down a Malaysia Airlines plane over Ukraine a year ago.
- Russia considers ban on import of Dutch flowers Updated: Jul-27-15 2:58 pm
MOSCOW - Russia says it is considering banning imports of cut flowers from The Netherlands, a move that would aggravate tensions between the two countries already at odds over the downing of flight MH17.
- Dutch, Ukrainians, Australians mark year since MH17 downing Updated: Jul-17-15 11:43 am
NIEUWEGEIN, Netherlands - Her voice cracking with emotion, Asmaa Aljuned delivered a parting message Friday that her late husband never got to tell passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 a year ago.
- Australia memorializes victims of Malaysian plane shot down Updated: Jul-17-15 12:34 am
SYDNEY - Tearful relatives of several Australians who were flying on the Malaysian jetliner that was shot down over eastern Ukraine a year ago gathered for a memorial service Friday that included the unveiling of a plaque set in soil from the place where they died.
- Little certainty 1 year after airliner shot down in Ukraine Updated: Jul-16-15 12:22 pm
MOSCOW - A year since a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 was blown out of the sky over war-ravaged eastern Ukraine - killing 298 people - there has been little official word of progress in determining what brought down Flight MH17. One of the probes under way reportedly points toward a ground-to-air missile fired from a village held by Russia-backed separatist rebels, but the report isn't to be public for months. Another investigation trudges forward with painful slowness, and contradictory theories emerge from Moscow.
- A year on, Ukrainian villagers recall horrors of MH17 crash Updated: Jul-16-15 9:58 am
HRABOVE, Ukraine - The field outside Hrabove, littered a year ago with bodies and smelling of burnt flesh and plastic, now smells of wild flowers.
- A year later, MH17 relatives grieve, wait for answers Updated: Jul-15-15 2:29 am
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - On their son Bryce's birthday this year, Silene Fredriksz-Hoogzand and her husband Rob went to a Dutch air base, watched pall bearers solemnly unload seven coffins from a military cargo plane and wondered if they contained parts of the remains of Bryce or his girlfriend Daisy Oehlers.
- Dutch Safety Board has draft report into MH17 crash Updated: Jul-01-15 10:47 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The team investigating last year's crash of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 in eastern Ukraine has prepared a draft final report and given it to countries involved in the probe for their comments.