- Executive cleared in Dallas slaughterhouse case Updated: Apr-16-14 7:11 am
- Goehring awards first grape and wine grants Updated: Apr-16-14 7:04 am
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster Updated: Apr-16-14 6:56 am
- Program to improve Arkansas highways to begin Updated: Apr-16-14 6:55 am
- Millstone goat farmer admits improper care Updated: Apr-16-14 6:34 am
- 3 rescued from ship taking on water in New Orleans Updated: Apr-16-14 6:16 am
- Horn Lake wants to tweak Sunday alcohol sales Updated: Apr-16-14 6:13 am
- Obama, Biden to announce $600M for job grants Updated: Apr-16-14 6:06 am
- Atlanta soccer announcement planned Wednesday Updated: Apr-16-14 5:44 am
- Mail stolen from postal boxes on Long Island Updated: Apr-16-14 5:34 am
- Development picking up in D'Iberville Updated: Apr-16-14 5:29 am
- If filed, plane lawsuits might not get heard in US Updated: Apr-16-14 5:29 am
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q Updated: Apr-16-14 5:28 am
- World shares rise, shrug off slower China growth Updated: Apr-16-14 5:07 am
- Officials gather in ND to discuss new EPA rules Updated: Apr-16-14 5:05 am
- State Land Office earns $69 million in March Updated: Apr-16-14 5:05 am
- Credit Suisse profits down 34 percent Updated: Apr-16-14 5:01 am
- Labor officials form Georgia safety partnership Updated: Apr-16-14 4:49 am
- Sub makes 2nd dive to search for Malaysian plane Updated: Apr-16-14 4:44 am
- Officials celebrate Delmarva poultry industry Updated: Apr-16-14 4:19 am
- Gambling plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing Updated: Apr-16-14 4:07 am
- Scammers using fake US Postal Service emails Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 am
- Schumer opens NY's new utility control center Updated: Apr-16-14 3:05 am
- Ag officials push Florida grapefruit overseas Updated: Apr-16-14 3:04 am
- W.Va. average per-gallon gas price up 1 cent Updated: Apr-16-14 2:49 am
DALLAS - Dallas prosecutors have dropped charges against one of two executives of a local slaughterhouse they accused of dumping pig's blood into a creek along the Trinity River.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring has awarded North Dakota's first research grants to support and promote the state's grape and wine industry.
SEOUL, South Korea - A ferry carrying 459 people, mostly high school students on an overnight trip to a tourist island, sank off South Korea's southern coast on Wednesday, leaving nearly 300 people missing despite a frantic, hours-long rescue by dozens of ships and helicopters. At least four people were confirmed dead and 55 injured.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Highway Commission and the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department will officially begin a highway construction program with a proclamation ceremony.
MILLSTONE, New Jersey - The Monmouth County man who owns a goat farm has been told to thin the herd after he admitted improperly caring for animals.
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued three crew members aboard a towing vessel taking on water and reportedly grounded in Lake Pontchartrain (PON'-chuh-train).
HORN LAKE, Mississippi - Horn Lake aldermen have voted to petition the Mississippi Alcoholic Beverage Commission to allow alcohol sales two hours earlier on Sundays.
WASHINGTON - Striving to show action on jobs, President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are hitting the road to trumpet $600 million in new competitive grants to spur creation of targeted training and apprenticeship programs that could help people land well-paying jobs.
ATLANTA - Major League Soccer and Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank and Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed plan a "major announcement" Wednesday on a proposed expansion team to play in Atlanta's new downtown stadium.
FREEPORT, New York - Authorities are investigating the theft of as many as 600 pieces of mail from two U.S. Postal boxes on Long Island.
D'IBERVILLE, Mississippi - The city of D'Iberville has issued $16.5 million in building permits since the beginning of the year, which Hank Rogers, community development director, says is four times the amount by April 15 last year.
BEIJING - Since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went missing, some lawyers have claimed they can get several millions of dollars in damages for each lost passenger by taking the cases to the United States. But past lawsuits show U.S. federal courts are more likely to throw such cases out if the crashes happened overseas.
BEIJING - China's economic growth slowed further in the latest quarter but appeared strong enough to satisfy Chinese leaders who are trying to put the country on a more sustainable path without politically dangerous job losses.
TOKYO - World stock markets rose Wednesday as China's slowdown in the first quarter was less severe than expected.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Agency and industry representatives from about two dozen states are meeting in Bismarck to discuss new federal clean air rules.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico schools, hospitals and universities received $69 million last month from the State Land Office.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Swiss bank Credit Suisse says its net profit fell 34 percent in the first quarter, more than expected, as bond-market woes hurt earnings at its investment banking business.
ATLANTA - Federal labor officials say they're launching a partnership with several Georgia organizations to try preventing construction workers from being exposed to a potentially harmful material.
PERTH, Australia - As a robotic submarine dove into the ocean to look for lost Flight 370, angry Chinese relatives stormed out of a teleconference meeting Wednesday to protest the Malaysian government for not addressing them in person.
SALISBURY, Maryland - Members of Delaware's congressional delegation are joining in an annual celebration of the Delmarva region's poultry industry.
CHICAGO - Expanding Illinois gambling only in Chicago will be a central issue during hearings on the legislation.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Consumer advocates say scammers are using bogus U.S. Postal Service emails to steal personal information.
RENSSELAER, New York - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer has formally opened the state's new high-tech utility control center near Albany that aims to improve the efficiency of the state's electrical grid.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida grapefruit will be featured on Outback Steakhouse menus in South Korea, underscoring the fruit's popularity in that country.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Gas prices in West Virginia went up a penny a gallon since last week.