- American Airlines orders 90 regional jets Updated: Dec-12-13 11:16 pm
- Gas blast at Chinese coal mine traps 22 workers Updated: Dec-12-13 10:40 pm
- North Korea executes leader's uncle as a traitor Updated: Dec-12-13 10:10 pm
- Longshoremen win disputed jobs at Oregon port Updated: Dec-12-13 10:08 pm
- Oregon company designing small nuke power modules Updated: Dec-12-13 9:59 pm
- Feds to examine NY commuter rail line for 2 months Updated: Dec-12-13 9:44 pm
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus lines in nationwide sweep Updated: Dec-12-13 9:35 pm
- Windsor meat company expands recall Updated: Dec-12-13 9:35 pm
- 2B Robinson Cano, Mariners finalize huge contract Updated: Dec-12-13 8:50 pm
- Protesters target meeting at megaload company Updated: Dec-12-13 8:10 pm
- Fire crews investigate blaze at old Omaha plant Updated: Dec-12-13 8:07 pm
- Navy investigator to plead guilty in fraud case Updated: Dec-12-13 8:04 pm
- East Longmeadow signs casino impact deal with MGM Updated: Dec-12-13 8:01 pm
- DNR director bars surface gas drilling near river Updated: Dec-12-13 8:01 pm
- Coca-Cola shuffles exec ranks at US operations Updated: Dec-12-13 7:58 pm
- Feds try to smooth bumpy health care transition Updated: Dec-12-13 7:49 pm
- Last of rescued Nevada family leaves hospital Updated: Dec-12-13 7:28 pm
- House OKs defense bill dealing with sexual assault Updated: Dec-12-13 7:17 pm
- Boeing to shift research jobs to South, Midwest Updated: Dec-12-13 7:16 pm
- Feds adopt plans for disposing of nuclear waste Updated: Dec-12-13 7:04 pm
- Industry supports higher tax for Wyo. orphan wells Updated: Dec-12-13 6:55 pm
- Chinese company worker accused of stealing seed Updated: Dec-12-13 6:36 pm
- Gasoline prices in Arizona at $3.15 per gallon Updated: Dec-12-13 6:27 pm
- Man gets 2 to 5 years for Vegas elevator stabbing Updated: Dec-12-13 6:21 pm
- Great expectations for an investment rotation Updated: Dec-12-13 6:18 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - American Airlines, fresh out of bankruptcy and newly merged with US Airways, said Thursday that it will buy 90 new regional jets from Brazil's Embraer S.A. and Canada's Bombardier Inc. and use them to replace smaller, less fuel-efficient planes.
BEIJING - A gas explosion on Friday trapped 22 workers underground in a coal mine in western China.
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korea said Friday that it had executed Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor for trying to seize supreme power, a stunning end for the leader's former mentor, long considered the country's No. 2.
PORTLAND, Oregon - The dispute over which union workers at the Port of Portland should perform the task of plugging and unplugging refrigerated shipping containers has been resolved, but it's unknown if it will be enough to keep the port's most important container carrier from abandoning the city.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The U.S. Department of Energy said Thursday that it has awarded an Oregon company a grant to help it design and obtain federal approval for a kind of nuclear power plant - small modular units that can be built in a factory and shipped to installation sites.
NEW YORK - Federal experts will spend the next two months examining safety compliance and safety culture at a commuter railroad that operated a train that derailed and killed four people this month.
LOS ANGELES - Drivers at one passenger bus company routinely worked more than 800 miles without rest. Maintenance at another company was so shoddy that one bus drove despite glaring evidence of brake problems.
WINDSOR, Colorado - A Windsor meat company is expanding a recall of meat and poultry that was produced in unsanitary conditions.
SEATTLE - Robinson Cano seemed to be next in line as the player to wear pinstripes for his entire career, all set to follow the path laid before him by mentors named Jeter, Posada and Rivera.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Protesters in the Portland suburb of Hillsboro interrupted a meeting Thursday at the headquarters of a moving company transporting a truckload of oil refinery equipment to a tar sands project in Canada.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Fire officials are trying to determine the cause of a blaze at an old recycling plant in south Omaha.
SAN DIEGO - A senior Navy investigator will plead guilty to bribery charges for accepting prostitution services and expensive trips in exchange for providing information and advice to an Asian defense contractor at the center of a multimillion-dollar fraud probe, the Navy official's lawyer said Thursday.
EAST LONGMEADOW, Massachusetts - East Longmeadow has signed an agreement with MGM Resorts International to compensate any negative impact of a proposed casino in nearby Springfield.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A state official Thursday approved leases of oil and gas development rights on 2,800 acres of ecologically sensitive land near the Au Sable River in northern Michigan, but made the area off-limits to surface drilling.
ATLANTA - Coca-Cola is shuffling its executive ranks and organizational structure at its North America business, which has struggled with a decline in soda sales.
WASHINGTON - Anticipating more health care disruptions, the Obama administration Thursday announced a batch of measures intended to help consumers avoid lapses in their care and coverage as the president's overhaul takes effect in January.
LOVELOCK, Nevada - The last of the six family members who were rescued after two days in subzero temperatures in Nevada's wilderness left the hospital Thursday with friends and relatives who still can't believe they survived the ordeal.
WASHINGTON - The House overwhelmingly approved a comprehensive defense policy bill Thursday that aims to stem the epidemic of sexual assaults in the military, cover the cost of combat pay for the nation's war-fighters, and fund new aircraft and ships.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Boeing announced Thursday that it is shifting hundreds of jobs to Alabama, Missouri and South Carolina as part of a restructuring of its U.S. research operations over the next two years.
SPOKANE, Washington - The U.S. Department of Energy intends to retrieve nearly all the highly radioactive waste stored in underground tanks on the Hanford Nuclear Reservation and convert it into a glass-like substance for permanent disposal, according to a decision that will be published Friday.
CASPER, Wyoming - The Petroleum Association of Wyoming is willing to support raising a special tax on oil and gas production to help pay for an ambitious plan to plug and clean up potentially thousands of orphan coal-bed methane wells in the Powder River Basin of northeast Wyoming, the organization's president told state lawmakers Thursday.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Six men from China including the CEO of a seed corn subsidiary of a Chinese conglomerate have been charged with conspiring to steal patented seed corn from two of the nation's leading seed developers, prosecutors said Thursday.
PHOENIX - Gasoline prices around Arizona are only slightly higher at the pump this week.
LAS VEGAS - A 24-year-old man who was videotaped stabbing a California tourist in a Las Vegas Strip hotel elevator was sentenced Thursday to two to five years in state prison.
NEW YORK - After years of sticking with plain-vanilla bond funds, investors are starting to turn their backs on them and opt for stocks instead. The move isn't big enough to be the "great rotation" from bonds to stocks that many experts predicted -- it's more of a good rotation -- but fund managers say more is on the way.