- Mayflower oil spill consent decree put up for court approval Updated: Jul-07-15 5:53 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The federal government has asked a U.S. District Court judge to approve a final version of a consent decree with the state of Arkansas and Exxon Mobil over a 2013 oil spill in Mayflower in central Arkansas.
- CVS leaving US Chamber of Commerce in tobacco tiff Updated: Jul-07-15 5:50 pm
NEW YORK - CVS Health is leaving the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, saying the trade group's position on tobacco products is incompatible with CVS' focus on health.
- Family sues after amphibious tour boat hits, kills woman Updated: Jul-07-15 5:48 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The family of a woman struck and killed by an amphibious tourist boat on a street last spring has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit.
- Greece gets until Sunday for proposals to stave off collapse Updated: Jul-07-15 5:41 pm
BRUSSELS - Frustrated and angered eurozone leaders gave Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras a last-minute chance Tuesday to finally come up with a viable proposal on how to save his country from financial ruin.
- USDA prepares for possible return of bird flu this fall Updated: Jul-07-15 5:40 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A top veterinary official with the U.S. Department of Agriculture says more money, surveillance and farm security is needed to fight off a possible return of bird flu this fall.
- As renewable energy debate heated up, firms doubled lobbying Updated: Jul-07-15 5:40 pm
BOSTON - As Massachusetts has increased its reliance on solar, wind and other sources of renewable power over the past decade, companies specializing in alternative energy have begun flexing their political muscles on Beacon Hill.
- Judge refuses to toss lawsuit over decade-old Gulf oil leak Updated: Jul-07-15 5:38 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge has refused to dismiss a lawsuit that environmental groups filed against a New Orleans-based company responsible for a decade-old oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico.
- PGA Grand Slam to move from Trump Course in Los Angeles Updated: Jul-07-15 5:23 pm
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Florida - The PGA of America is moving its Grand Slam of Golf from Donald Trump's course in Los Angeles, the first significant fallout for golf from the Republican presidential candidate's comments on Mexican immigrants.
- Facebook to add more computing power with Texas data center Updated: Jul-07-15 5:11 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Facebook is building a massive data center in Texas to provide more computing capacity for the online social network's 1.4 billion users to share tidbits of their lives with friends and family.
- AP source: Warriors trade David Lee to Celts for Wallace Updated: Jul-07-15 4:57 pm
OAKLAND, California - David Lee wanted to help turn around the Golden State Warriors when he came to the struggling franchise as a high-priced free agent in 2010.
- Record rainfall drowns crops across Indiana Updated: Jul-07-15 4:43 pm
SHELBYVILLE, Indiana - Record rainfall continues to take a toll on Indiana's crops, with experts at the Purdue University Agriculture Extension estimating that farmers statewide have lost $486 million in corn and soybean production.
- Freeport-McMoran, Pinnacle are big market movers Updated: Jul-07-15 4:43 pm
NEW YORK - Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market:
- Atlanta train stations reopened after smoke prompts closures Updated: Jul-07-15 4:20 pm
ATLANTA - Authorities say two Atlanta train stations have been reopened after smoke wafted into them, prompting evacuations in downtown Atlanta.
- Blumenthal seeks new safety requirements for cruise lines Updated: Jul-07-15 4:19 pm
GREENWICH, Connecticut - The family of a Greenwich man who disappeared during a honeymoon cruise 10 years ago joined U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut on Tuesday to call for new safety requirements for cruise lines.
- Second body found in river 3 days after boat capsized Updated: Jul-07-15 4:19 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A woman's body was pulled from the Ohio River Tuesday, three days after a pontoon boat capsized nine miles upstream, killing at least three and leaving two more missing.
- Virtua explores options to fight Cooper's Camden EMS deal Updated: Jul-07-15 4:11 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Camden's longtime paramedic services provider is exploring options to fight legislation signed by Gov. Chris Christie that will allow Cooper University Hospital to take over emergency medical services in the city.
- Train passenger killed on Metro was punched, stabbed Updated: Jul-07-15 4:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Witnesses told police that a passenger killed aboard a Metro train on Independence Day was repeatedly punched and stabbed during a struggle with his attacker, according to documents made public Tuesday.
- The battle for control of the growing breast milk industry Updated: Jul-07-15 4:03 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - It could trade for 400 times more than the price of crude oil and 2,000 times more than iron ore. If sold off the shelf, it could cost more than 150 times the price of a gallon of cow's milk and 15 times more than coffee.
- SpaceX close to figuring out rocket failure during launch Updated: Jul-07-15 3:53 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - SpaceX still is trying to figure out what caused its rocket to break apart during liftoff nine days ago, but is getting close to an answer, the company's chief executive said Tuesday.
- Federal funding fight could stall Vermont road projects Updated: Jul-07-15 3:46 pm
EAST MONTPELIER, Vermont - U.S. Rep. Peter Welch stood with state and local officials next to a deteriorating state highway bridge on Tuesday to highlight frustration with congressional inaction on funding a new multiyear transportation program.
- Brazil auditors say Rio subway may not be ready for Olympics Updated: Jul-07-15 3:39 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The extension of a subway line to the Olympic Park may not be ready before the games start August 2016, Brazilian auditors said Tuesday.
- Court upholds ban on contractor political contributions Updated: Jul-07-15 3:29 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld a ban on government contractors donating money to federal candidates or political parties, a prohibition that has been on the books for 70 years.
- 'Indiana Grown' campaign to market state-sourced products Updated: Jul-07-15 3:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana agriculture officials hope to tap into the local food movement with a new campaign to market the state's produce, meat, dairy products, beer and wine and other products.
- Ohio casinos bring in $63.5M for June, $409M so far in 2015 Updated: Jul-07-15 3:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Revenue dropped from May to June at Ohio's four casinos, though three brought in more than they did a year earlier.
- Ground broken for Facebook data center in Fort Worth Updated: Jul-07-15 3:03 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Ground has been broken on a $500 million Facebook data center in North Texas.