- Public transit systems with big ridership gains Updated: Mar-09-14 11:46 pm
- Americans riding public transit in record numbers Updated: Mar-09-14 11:41 pm
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet Updated: Mar-09-14 11:33 pm
- Libya says its forces now near oil tanker Updated: Mar-09-14 9:38 pm
- 10-year Michigan gravel mining battle continues Updated: Mar-09-14 7:37 pm
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 Updated: Mar-09-14 7:06 pm
- Worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident Updated: Mar-09-14 7:01 pm
- Lack of passport checks expose air security flaw Updated: Mar-09-14 6:18 pm
- Cops uncover marijuana-growing operation at home Updated: Mar-09-14 5:10 pm
- Ohio woman killed after train hits car Updated: Mar-09-14 5:01 pm
- Eastern Indiana man OK after grain bin rescue Updated: Mar-09-14 4:47 pm
- Demand high for Minnesota solar energy program Updated: Mar-09-14 4:26 pm
- A's considering temporary home if lease expires Updated: Mar-09-14 4:15 pm
- Comcast challenging Disney's hold on tourism trade Updated: Mar-09-14 3:57 pm
- Water main breaks take toll on repair crews Updated: Mar-09-14 3:45 pm
- US-based firm's workers on plane headed to meeting Updated: Mar-09-14 3:41 pm
- Survey: US average gas price up 10 cents a gallon Updated: Mar-09-14 3:29 pm
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs Updated: Mar-09-14 3:02 pm
- US commerce secretary in Gulf ahead of Obama visit Updated: Mar-09-14 3:01 pm
- Tap water taste weird? Thank road salt, snowstorms Updated: Mar-09-14 2:56 pm
- Liquor, pot debate moves from Capitol to ballot Updated: Mar-09-14 1:23 pm
- School will teach culinary, life skills Updated: Mar-09-14 1:06 pm
- Mexican border city hopes to lure spring breakers Updated: Mar-09-14 12:43 pm
- Hope bakery accused of unfair labor practices Updated: Mar-09-14 12:17 pm
- Tahoe casino to close April 1 for renovations Updated: Mar-09-14 12:17 pm
Americans are boarding public buses, trains and subways in greater numbers than any time since the suburbs began booming, according to new ridership numbers.
LOS ANGELES - Americans are boarding public buses, trains and subways in greater numbers than any time since the suburbs began booming.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Vietnamese searchers on ships worked throughout the night but could not find a rectangle object spotted Sunday afternoon that was thought to be one of the doors of a Malaysia Airlines passenger jet that went missing more than two days ago.
TRIPOLI, Libya - Libyan government forces and loyal militia fighters besieged a North Korea-flagged tanker Sunday that a rival militia hoped to use to export oil in defiance of central authorities, officials said.
KASSON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A decade-long legal fight that has eaten up hundreds of thousands of tax dollars has continued with a judge denying a northern Michigan woman's request to mine gravel on her property.
DETROIT - William Clay Ford was born into a fortune and spent much of his life staying away from fame as he steered the family business and owned an NFL franchise.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A worker at a pretzel factor in Wilmington has been injured after her had got stuck in a machine.
PARIS - When you travel, airport security agents may pat you down, inspect your deodorant and scan your body from head to toe. But there's a good chance that no one's checking whether you're using someone's lost or stolen passport.
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Authorities allegedly found an "elaborate" marijuana-growing operation at a southern New Jersey home after they went there as part of a credit-card fraud investigation.
CANTON, Ohio - An Ohio woman who was a passenger in a car when a train hit it on Sunday has been killed, and the driver was seriously injured.
CENTERVILLE, Indiana - An eastern Indiana man is alive after corn buried him to his shoulders in a grain bin.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - More people have signed up for Minnesota's solar energy incentive program than it can support, according to a state official.
OAKLAND, California - Oakland A's owner Lew Wolff is considering moving the team to a temporary location if he can't extend a two-year lease with the Oakland Coliseum.
PHILADELPHIA - Comcast Corp. will invest hundreds of millions of dollars in California and Florida theme parks, stepping outside its core business of telecommunications in an effort to boost revenue and profits.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - The winter season has been rough on Evansville and other cities with antiquated water infrastructure, and for those whose job it is to keep clean water flowing to local homes and businesses, it has taken a physical and mental toll.
AUSTIN, Texas - Twenty employees of an Austin-based technology company on board the missing Malaysia Airlines flight were en route to a business meeting in China, a spokeswoman for the tech firm said Sunday.
CAMARILLO, California - The average U.S. price of a gallon of gasoline has jumped 10 cents over the past two weeks.
TUCSON, Arizona - City officials confirmed Sunday that they have made a bid for electric-car maker Tesla Motors to consider Tucson for the site of a massive battery factory that would employ 6,500 people.
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - The U.S. Secretary of Commerce is in the Middle East where she said Sunday she will tell officials from the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Qatar that closer economic cooperation with Washington is a way to build deeper security ties with the United States.
NEWARK, New Jersey - To contend with one of the snowiest winters on record - with storm after storm pelting the state - New Jersey has caked its freeways, local streets and country roads in thick, powdery layers of salt.
SALEM, Oregon - Now that key liquor and pot bills failed to gain traction in the Oregon Legislature, the venue shifts to the ballot box.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Some people might question Chris and Sommer Wadsworth's definition of slowing down.
MATAMOROS, Mexico - The sidewalks are empty on Alvaro Obregon Avenue. Restaurants and souvenir shops lining the once popular thoroughfare are gutted and shuttered. The sign in front of an abandoned karaoke bar is now ripped and dilapidated, riddled underneath with three spray-painted tombstones.
HOPE, Arkansas - The National Labor Relations Board accuses Southern Bakeries in Hope of unfair labor practices in regard to union membership of its employees.
STATELINE, Nevada - The Horizon Casino Resort at Stateline will close April 1 for multi-million-dollar renovations.