- Alliant project at Madison headquarters studies solar energy Updated: Aug-26-15 6:49 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Alliant Energy is studying solar-energy technology in a project outside its Madison headquarters.
- UCSD receives $5 million to study, combat climate change Updated: Aug-25-15 5:44 am
SAN DIEGO - A Del Mar energy executive has donated $5 million to UC San Diego to help combat climate change.
- Pregnant TV meteorologist fights foes of her appearance Updated: Aug-21-15 5:44 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia meteorologist pregnant with twins is fighting back against "haters" critical of her appearance.
- Study sees dying wildlife, bigger fires if drought lasts Updated: Aug-20-15 5:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The carcasses of salmon, trout and more than a dozen other newly extinct native species lie in dry streambeds around California.
- Feeling the heat: Earth in July was hottest month on record Updated: Aug-20-15 3:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Earth just keeps getting hotter. July was the planet's warmest month on record, smashing old marks, U.S. weather officials said.
- NAU researchers look at fungi and climate change Updated: Aug-15-15 1:52 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - News may not be so gloomy for certain types of trees predicted to go extinct because of climate change.
- Gov. Raimondo picks leader for new climate change board Updated: Aug-14-15 4:08 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo has picked a leader for a new board that's working to address climate change in Rhode Island.
- Rhode Island researchers study link between heat and health Updated: Aug-14-15 12:23 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Researchers in Rhode Island are working with health departments in other states to figure out if the number of emergency room visits and heat-related deaths will increase in New England if temperatures rise due to climate change.
- Oklahoma schools share $6M award to develop weather drones Updated: Aug-07-15 5:53 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - The University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University and two other schools have been awarded $6 million from the National Science Foundation for developing unmanned aircraft systems that improve weather forecasting.
- Michigan officials say they'll study Obama climate plan Updated: Aug-03-15 5:43 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Michigan officials say they'll review the Obama administration's plan for reducing power plant emissions before deciding whether to comply.