- Prosecutors allege bogus tire claims by NASA contractors Updated: Sep-02-15 5:55 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Federal prosecutors say two NASA contractors in Florida committed fraud by submitting hundreds of thousands of dollars in fake claims for car tires.
- Nearly $400 million state contract protested by AT&T Updated: Sep-02-15 3:07 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The telecommunications company now responsible for providing phone and Internet service to the state of Florida is raising questions about a major new contract awarded to a rival vendor.
- Nebraska auditor's company still holds state contracts Updated: Sep-01-15 4:52 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska State Auditor Charlie Janssen said he's only involved at "arm's length" with his company that continues to receive money for contracts with the state Department of Health and Human Services.
- Coming down to earth: Pa. helicopter builders readjust Updated: Sep-01-15 12:12 pm
COATESVILLE, Pennsylvania - Lunch time is less busy at Little Anthony's Pizza in Coatesville this month than it was in June.
- Epix reaches multiyear Hulu deal, ends Netflix agreement Updated: Aug-31-15 10:20 am
The cable network Epix jumped from Netflix to Hulu, landing a multiyear, digital subscription video on demand deal with the streaming service.
- Analysis: JLTV pursuit offers lesson for future deals Updated: Aug-29-15 1:09 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' failure to land a major military vehicle contract is a disappointment for officials who hoped to tout another "superproject" in the state. But it's not the setback that other missed economic deals have been, nor will it prompt the same level of soul-searching.
- Sandoval's back from European trade mission. What's next? Updated: Aug-29-15 12:26 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Gov. Brian Sandoval and more than 60 business, government and education officials recently returned from a three-week trade mission to England, Ireland, Germany, Poland and Italy. The visit included meetings with dignitaries, tours of car factories and receptions bringing together Nevada and European tourism officials.
- Vicksburg signs agreement for airport upgrades Updated: Aug-29-15 11:04 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The city of Vicksburg is getting more than $170,000 from the Federal Aviation Administration for improvements to the Vicksburg Municipal Airport.
- Criminal probe into tribal lender includes Nevada partners Updated: Aug-28-15 6:47 pm
HELENA, Montana - A federal criminal investigation into the former leaders of the Chippewa Cree Tribe's online lending operations now includes a Nevada company the tribe partnered with in its first attempt to offer payday loans.
- First Sky View graduating class reunites Updated: Aug-28-15 5:08 am
SMITHFIELD, Utah - In celebrating Sky View High School's first graduating class, an enduring image of its 50-year history was on full display, as current students performed the school's fight song for the Class of 1965.
- Ruling could ease way for unionizing at fast-food chains Updated: Aug-27-15 6:40 pm
NEW YORK - It could be easier for unions to bargain for better pay and working conditions on behalf of millions of workers at McDonald's, Burger King and other fast-food chains after a National Labor Relations Board ruling on Thursday.
- Looking to future, more NCAA athletes seek own trademarks Updated: Aug-27-15 10:22 am
BOSTON - Like their counterparts in the pros, more college football stars are starting to snatch up trademark rights to their names, nicknames and fan slogans.
- Report: Solyndra misrepresented facts to get loan guarantee Updated: Aug-26-15 6:31 pm
WASHINGTON - A four-year investigation has concluded that officials of the solar company Solyndra misrepresented facts and omitted key information in their efforts to get a $535 million loan guarantee from the federal government.
- New tactical vehicle contract big boost for Wisconsin city Updated: Aug-26-15 5:52 pm
OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - A lucrative military contract awarded to Wisconsin-based Oshkosh Corp. to build the Humvee's replacement will provide an economic boost to the city of Oshkosh and across the state, company and local leaders said Wednesday.
- Arkansas package fails to secure military vehicle project Updated: Aug-25-15 7:17 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas officials expressed disappointment Tuesday that a military vehicle assembly contract they had hoped to lure with an $87 million incentive package is going to another state.
- Army awards tactical vehicle contract to Wisconsin firm Updated: Aug-25-15 5:16 pm
OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - Wisconsin-based Oshkosh Corp. has won a major contract to build a new combat vehicle to replace a large share of the military's Humvee troop carriers.
- Entergy picks contractor for New Orleans solar project Updated: Aug-25-15 4:32 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Entergy New Orleans has chosen Blattner Energy Inc. to build its first solar power project in the city.
- Lab manager settles lobbying claims with $4.8M payment Updated: Aug-24-15 3:32 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The managers of one of the nation's premier federal laboratories have agreed to pay nearly $4.8 million to settle allegations of improperly using taxpayer funds to influence members of Congress and others to extend the lab's $2.4 billion management contract.
- Mexico's first lady returns mansion after scandal broke out Updated: Aug-21-15 6:09 pm
MEXICO CITY - First lady Angelica Rivera has returned the $7 million mansion she bought from a firm that won lucrative contracts with the administration of President Enrique Pena Nieto, Mexico's Public Administration Department said Friday.
- Official peeved over ethics vote takes it out on charities Updated: Aug-21-15 2:32 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Frederick County councilman known for peevish behavior is protesting the tightening of local ethics rules by halting his company's charitable donations to community organizations.
- Wilmington finds out-of-state animal control contractor Updated: Aug-21-15 7:01 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The city of Wilmington has found a new animal control contractor after the current one announced it would be pre-emptively terminating all of its government contracts.
- Juvenile detention contractor opts out amid criticism Updated: Aug-21-15 3:17 am
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - A new provider is being sought for a privately run, South Florida juvenile detention facility whose conditions are under investigation by the state.
- Proposed Massachusetts natural gas rate hikes cut by $13M Updated: Aug-20-15 3:16 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey and Columbia Gas announced Thursday they have reached an agreement that cuts the natural gas company's proposed rate hike of nearly $50 million by more than $13 million and prevents another distribution rate hike for three years.
- No-bid contracts awarded by new review board in Mississippi Updated: Aug-19-15 12:00 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The new board that's supposed to block Mississippi government agencies from awarding no-bid contracts has, itself, approved millions of dollars in no-bid contracts.
- Target reaches deal to settle breach claims with Visa Updated: Aug-18-15 4:10 pm
NEW YORK - Target has reached a deal to pay up to $67 million to settle Visa claims related to a massive 2013 data breach that resulted in the theft of millions of debit and credit card numbers.