- Residents displaced by gas leak get more time to return Updated: Feb-08-16 10:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles residents displaced by a massive, 15-week natural gas leak will have more time to return to their homes once the well is plugged, under an agreement announced Monday between city officials and Southern California Gas Co.
- Koster reaches deal to restore $50M from tobacco settlement Updated: Feb-08-16 9:28 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Attorney General Chris Koster said Monday he's reached a deal with major tobacco manufacturers to restore $50 million in lost tobacco settlement proceeds to Missouri, but it is contingent on action from the Legislature.
- Company commits to creating 100 new jobs at Ada location Updated: Feb-06-16 4:33 pm
ADA, Oklahoma - A Florida-based technical support business says it's committed to creating 100 new jobs and preserving more than 150 positions held by employees at the company's Ada location.
- Idaho contract given to Texas-based Fluor Corp. Updated: Feb-05-16 9:49 am
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - A Texas-based company has been awarded a five-year nuclear cleanup contract for a U.S. Department of Energy site in the Idaho desert.
- Iowa Democrats propose bill to end Medicaid privatization Updated: Feb-04-16 5:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa Senate Democrats said Thursday that they plan to pass a bill next week that would halt Republican Gov. Terry Branstad's plan to turn over management of the state's Medicaid program to three companies, even though there is little chance that the GOP-led House would support it.
- Wells Fargo to pay $1.2 billion to settle home loan case Updated: Feb-03-16 1:24 pm
NEW YORK - Wells Fargo said it has agreed to pay $1.2 billion to settle a government lawsuit related to its Federal Housing Administration home mortgage program.
- City Council approves contract to demolish Omaha Auditorium Updated: Feb-03-16 7:53 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Omaha City Council has voted to approve a $3.1 million contract to demolish the Omaha Auditorium.
- Government contractor gets year in prison for tax fraud Updated: Feb-03-16 3:01 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A South Florida-based government contractor has been sentenced to a year and a day in prison for filing a false income tax return.
- Honda agrees to new deal with IndyCar as engine supplier Updated: Feb-02-16 2:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A rough 2015 season couldn't chase Honda out of IndyCar racing.
- BBC secures rights to 2022, 2024 Olympics from Discovery Updated: Feb-02-16 9:57 am
LONDON - The BBC will continue to broadcast the Olympics through 2024 after reaching a deal Tuesday to sub-license the exclusive British television rights from Discovery Communications.
- Iran signs deal to buy 20 more airplanes Updated: Feb-02-16 9:51 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's national carrier has signed an agreement to buy 20 new passenger airplanes with an option for 20 more from French-Italian aircraft manufacturer ATR, Iranian media reported Tuesday.
- Most workers retained in Michoud, Stennis Updated: Feb-02-16 7:46 am
NEW ORLEANS - A new vendor handling work for NASA at its Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans East and its John C. Stennis Space Center in Mississippi has retained nearly all of the workers whose jobs were thrown into flux ahead of the contract changeover.
- US education official apologizes for poor judgment, behavior Updated: Feb-01-16 8:03 pm
WASHINGTON - A senior Education Department official apologized ahead of a congressional oversight hearing for what he acknowledged was poor judgment and "unacceptable" behavior related to working on his side businesses with subordinates, failing to pay taxes on his profits and awarding a government contract to a friend's company.
- 'Thursday Night Football' to air on both CBS and NBC Updated: Feb-01-16 6:40 pm
"Thursday Night Football" will bounce around among CBS, NBC and NFL Network next season, and league executives are confident fans will find the games just fine.
- Correction: Northrop Grumman Contract story Updated: Feb-01-16 4:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - In a story Jan. 29 about Northrop Grumman Corp's new contract with the U.S. Air Force, The Associated Press erroneously reported that the company announced that it would develop a fleet of new long-range bombers in Salt Lake City. According to a Grumman spokesman, Grumman and the Air Force have not disclosed where the work will be done.
- Car-making deals, protests greet Iranian president in Paris Updated: Jan-28-16 3:09 pm
PARIS - France's government welcomed Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Thursday with promises of a new beginning in an old relationship, starting with investments to boost Iran's flagging economy that has been crippled by decades of sanctions.
- The Latest: France, Iran sign trade deals Updated: Jan-28-16 1:46 pm
PARIS - The Latest on Iranian President Hassan Rouhani's visit to Europe (all times local):
- Puerto Rico power company reaches new deal with creditors Updated: Jan-28-16 9:49 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico's power company said Thursday that it reached a new deal with bondholders as it seeks to restructure roughly $9 billion in debt.
- Losses, regrets and questions at companies Trump endorsed Updated: Jan-28-16 12:55 am
NEW YORK - Six years ago, Donald Trump stood before 5,000 people in a hotel theater in downtown Miami and informed them he had a rescue and recovery plan for the recession-battered nation.
- The Latest: State auditor also probing MLK State Commission Updated: Jan-26-16 7:43 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The latest on New Mexico Attorney General's Office's investigation into the Martin Luther King Jr. State Commission (all times local):
- Sentencing delayed to April or later in prison bribery case Updated: Jan-26-16 7:26 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Former Mississippi Corrections Commissioner Christopher Epps and two men who admitted to bribing him won't be sentenced until at least April under delays granted by a judge.
- Stennis employees face layoffs as new contractor takes over Updated: Jan-26-16 12:13 pm
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - Hundreds of employees at Stennis Space Center are hoping to keep their jobs after the contract to support the operations and maintenance of Stennis Space Center changes Feb. 1.
- Iran signs flurry of business deals as leader visits Europe Updated: Jan-26-16 11:55 am
MILAN - Iran is signing business deals across Europe as its president embarks on a tour of the region to restore contacts after years of economic sanctions and international isolation.
- Credits, grants approved for construction and research in RI Updated: Jan-26-16 11:39 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo and the Rhode Island Commerce Corporation have approved agreements for more than $9 million in tax credits and grants to spur new construction and support research and development.
- Last stretch of gravel highway in Arkansas to be paved Updated: Jan-25-16 4:03 pm
WINSLOW, Arkansas - Work to pave the last stretch of gravel highway in Arkansas will begin next month.