- Foreign fund's fight with Samsung galvanizes shareholders Updated: Jun-24-15 3:17 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Thousands of South Korean investors are backing an American hedge fund's bid to thwart a business combination between Samsung companies that they argue will only enrich the country's wealthiest family.
- Hong Kong boom-to-bust stocks show challenge of China link Updated: Jun-16-15 4:42 am
HONG KONG - Wild gyrations in Hong Kong share prices are raising concerns that a new trading link with mainland China is a conduit for questionable trading practices that could undermine the city's reputation as a center of global finance.
- Head of Japan stock exchanges 'ashamed ' over Toshiba woes Updated: Jun-12-15 3:28 am
TOKYO - The longtime head of Japan's stock exchange says he is "ashamed" over a recent accounting scandal at electronics and industrial conglomerate Toshiba Corp.
- Bevin didn't disclose positions, a possible ethics violation Updated: Jun-11-15 6:02 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Republican nominee for governor Matt Bevin did not disclose his positions with two companies on his financial disclosure statement, a possible violation of state ethics laws.
- Ethics panel: Ex-lieutenant governor broke state law Updated: Jun-10-15 5:50 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida ethics panel concluded that former Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll likely broke the state's ethics law after failing to disclose money paid to a company she controlled.
- Computer Sciences paying $190M to settle SEC fraud charges Updated: Jun-05-15 12:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Computer Sciences Corp. is paying a $190 million penalty and a former CEO is returning $3.7 million in compensation to resolve federal regulators' charges of accounting fraud involving an important foreign contract.