- Former Beazer executive gets 10 years in scheme Updated: May-01-15 9:16 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A judge in Charlotte has sentenced a former executive with Beazer Homes USA to 10 years in prison for his role in an accounting scheme at the Atlanta homebuilding company.
- Will Japan funds keep going, or just disappoint again? Updated: Apr-30-15 3:25 pm
NEW YORK - How much longer can the sun shine on Japan's stock market?
- Lawmaker calls for transparency in taxpayer-funded projects Updated: Apr-29-15 2:45 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island House member is calling for financial transparency from private companies that seek taxpayer assistance.
- Former Georgia Lottery official files whistleblower lawsuit Updated: Apr-23-15 6:49 pm
ATLANTA - A former official for the Georgia Lottery was fired after he refused to present inflated sales projections to the lottery board, he said in a whistleblower lawsuit filed this week.
- Southwest Va. farm accountant charged with bank fraud Updated: Apr-23-15 4:39 pm
ABINGDON, Virginia - An accountant and bookkeeper for a southwest Virginia farming operation has been charged with bank fraud.
- Former steel manufacturer exec pleads not guilty to fraud Updated: Apr-16-15 7:28 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A chief financial officer of a New Hampshire steel manufacturer that faced bankruptcy has pleaded not guilty in Vermont to charges of making false statements about assets, in what prosecutors said resulted in a multimillion-dollar loss to banks.