- Exxon sees smallest profit in 16 years, Chevron posts loss Updated: Apr-29-16 5:23 pm
DALLAS - Motorists are saving billions on cheaper gasoline, but the long slump in oil prices is taking a heavy toll on companies that find and produce crude.
- US stocks hit by health care woes but avoid bigger losses Updated: Apr-29-16 4:50 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks fell Friday as health care and technology companies continued to report weak first-quarter results, but thanks to some late buying, they managed to avoid major losses.
- 'Damn Daniel' viral video helps boost Vans sales Updated: Apr-29-16 3:50 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - "Damn Daniel," a viral video made by two teenage boys, helped boost sales of Vans shoes.
- Exxon's 1Q profit plunges 63 percent on lower oil prices Updated: Apr-29-16 1:02 pm
DALLAS - Exxon Mobil produced its weakest quarter in more than 16 years as lower oil prices pushed its profit down by 63 percent.
- Newell Brands beats Street 1Q forecasts Updated: Apr-29-16 11:03 am
ATLANTA - Newell Brands Inc. (NWL) on Friday reported first-quarter net income of $40.5 million.
- Chevron reports 1Q loss on pressure from low oil prices Updated: Apr-29-16 9:58 am
NEW YORK - Chevron Corp. on Friday reported a first-quarter loss as slumping oil prices continued to drag down revenue.
- Royal Caribbean profit more than doubles on more passengers Updated: Apr-29-16 9:37 am
MIAMI - Royal Caribbean Cruises said Friday that its first-quarter profit more than doubled from the same period a year before as more people cruised on its ships and spent more money while onboard.
- Moody's misses Street 1Q forecasts Updated: Apr-29-16 7:29 am
NEW YORK - Moody's Corp. (MCO) on Friday reported first-quarter earnings of $184.4 million.
- Indicated businessman filed for bankruptcy protection Updated: Apr-29-16 7:15 am
MILWAUKEE - A Wisconsin businessman indicted in an alleged scheme to fraudulently obtain bank loans has filed for bankruptcy protection.
- Nationalized Royal Bank of Scotland sees loss widen Updated: Apr-29-16 5:39 am
LONDON - Royal Bank of Scotland says its net loss widened in the first quarter as the taxpayer-owned bank made its final 1.2 billion-pound ($1.7 billion) payment to the U.K. Treasury as part of a deal to give the government first crack at any profits.
- AstraZeneca says it will cut costs Updated: Apr-29-16 3:33 am
LONDON - Anglo-Swedish drugmaker AstraZeneca says first-quarter earnings fell 12 percent as it announced plans to cut costs so it can devote more resources to cancer drugs.
- Italian oil giant Eni swings to 1Q loss Updated: Apr-29-16 3:04 am
MILAN - Italian gas and oil giant Eni says it lost 792 million euros ($901 million) in the first quarter on sharply weaker commodity prices.
- Sanofi profits stable, strong sales in emerging markets Updated: Apr-29-16 2:13 am
PARIS - Sanofi says drugs sales in emerging markets helped keep its profits stable in the first quarter despite losses caused by Venezuela's collapsing currency.
- Amgen posts 1Q sales, profit jumps, raises profit forecasts Updated: Apr-28-16 8:16 pm
Amgen beat and then raised profit expectations after surging sales of its medicines, tight cost controls and other factors lifted the biologic drugmaker's first-quarter profit by 17 percent.
- Correction: Earns-Dr Pepper Snapple Group story Updated: Apr-28-16 8:01 pm
PLANO, Texas - In a story April 27 about Dr Pepper Snapple Group's first-quarter earnings, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the company makes Fiji Water. Dr Pepper distributes Fiji Water.
- Gilead 1Q profit tumbles on slower hepatitis C drug sales Updated: Apr-28-16 6:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Gilead Science Inc.'s earnings tumbled more than 17 percent in the first quarter as steeper discounts and rebates on its blockbuster hepatitis C drugs cut into sales.
- LinkedIn posts higher-than-expected 1Q results Updated: Apr-28-16 5:20 pm
NEW YORK - LinkedIn posted stronger-than-expected results for the first quarter on Thursday, redeeming itself after a disappointing outlook a few months ago clobbered shares of the professional networking service.
- LinkedIn reports 1Q loss Updated: Apr-28-16 5:09 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California _ LinkedIn Corp. (LNKD) on Thursday reported a loss of $45.8 million in its first quarter.
- Shares of Amazon jump on 1Q earnings beat Updated: Apr-28-16 4:49 pm
SEATTLE - Shares of Amazon.com Inc. surged Thursday after the e-commerce powerhouse reported better-than-expected first-quarter results fueled by a 28 percent jump in revenue.
- Amgen beats Street 1Q forecasts Updated: Apr-28-16 4:21 pm
THOUSAND OAKS, California _ Amgen Inc. (AMGN) on Thursday reported first-quarter profit of $1.9 billion.
- Investors arriving in Omaha for Berkshire Hathaway meeting Updated: Apr-28-16 3:26 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Thousands of shareholders are starting to arrive in Omaha for the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting.
- Symantec cuts 4Q outlook, CEO leaving Updated: Apr-28-16 2:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Shares of software security firm Symantec fell about 6 percent after the company cut its fourth quarter revenue outlook due to lower sales of traditional security products and an increase in subscription-based security products which result in deferred revenue.
- Aetna tops Street 1Q forecasts, hikes 2016 forecast Updated: Apr-28-16 2:14 pm
Aetna's first-quarter earnings slid nearly 7 percent as enrollment dipped, but the nation's third-largest health insurer topped Wall Street expectations and hiked its 2016 profit forecast.
- Johnson & Johnson hikes dividend at shareholders meeting Updated: Apr-28-16 1:48 pm
Health care giant Johnson & Johnson is increasing its dividend for the 54th consecutive year, news that cheered shareholders at a low-key annual meeting Thursday.
- More layoffs announced at Wyoming coal mines Updated: Apr-28-16 1:40 pm
GILLETTE, Wyoming - Alpha Natural Resources is laying off 37 workers at its Belle Ayr and Eagle Butte mines in northeast Wyoming.