- US auto market remains bright spot as China pulls back Updated: Sep-01-15 12:04 pm
DETROIT - U.S. auto sales remain a bright spot in a global car market encountering turbulence in important countries such as China.
- Judge says he'll sign off on Patriot Coal asset sale Updated: Sep-01-15 11:56 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A bankruptcy judge has told Patriot Coal that it can sell its remaining assets at auction.
- Dollar Tree reports 2Q loss after buying Family Dollar Updated: Sep-01-15 10:29 am
CHESAPEAKE, Virginia - Dollar Tree reported a loss in its fiscal second quarter due to higher costs from buying rival Family Dollar. The discount retailer also posted revenue guidance for the current quarter that was below expectations and Dollar Tree's shares fell in morning trading Tuesday.
- Alpha Natural Resources executive resigns amid restructuring Updated: Aug-31-15 6:58 am
BRISTOL, Virginia - An Alpha Natural Resources executive has left the coal producer amid a financial restructuring.
- Big Lots 2Q results top Street, lifts full-year guidance Updated: Aug-28-15 1:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Big Lots' fiscal second-quarter results beat analysts' estimates and the discount retailer boosted its full-year earnings outlook.
- Regis shares fall on weak 4th quarter earnings report Updated: Aug-28-15 11:25 am
EDINA, Minnesota - Shares of Regis Corp. dropped 10 percent in morning trading on Friday after the hair salon owner reported a continued decline in quarterly revenue.
- San Bernardino County mine to close, take 500 jobs Updated: Aug-28-15 5:17 am
MOUNTAIN PASS, California - A San Bernardino County mine and mineral processing facility is closing, and nearly 500 people are expected to be let go.
- Caesars gets momentary reprieve in New York lawsuit ruling Updated: Aug-27-15 9:58 pm
LAS VEGAS - Caesars Entertainment Corp. can breathe a bit easier after a New York federal judge denied the company's bondholders a quick judgment in their pursuit for nearly $7 billion they say they're owed.
- Patterson Cos. reports 1Q profit of $29.7 million Updated: Aug-27-15 8:50 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Patterson Cos. on Thursday reported fiscal first-quarter profit of $29.7 million.
- Movado rebounds as 2Q results top analyst estimates Updated: Aug-27-15 6:31 pm
PARAMUS, New Jersey - Shares of Movado Group surged 21 percent Thursday after the luxury watchmaker's second-quarter results surpassed Wall Street expectations.
- Burlington shares jump as it raises full-year outlook Updated: Aug-27-15 12:40 pm
BURLINGTON, New Jersey - Higher sales at Burlington helped the discount retailer post strong fiscal second-quarter results Thursday. It also boosted its full-year earnings expectations, and shares jumped nearly 15 percent in afternoon trading.
- Michaels tops 2Q profit forecasts, bumps 2015 expectation Updated: Aug-27-15 12:35 pm
IRVING, Texas - Shares of Michaels Cos. Jumped Thursday after the arts and crafts store operator topped analyst expectations in its fiscal second quarter and bumped up its forecast for the year.
- Coffee pods, pet food boost Smucker's 1Q results Updated: Aug-27-15 11:04 am
ORRVILLE, Ohio - J.M. Smucker Co. posted strong fiscal first-quarter results Thursday, thanks to its new Dunkin' Donuts coffee pods and its recently-acquired pet food business.
- Port operator DP World half-yearly profits up 22 percent Updated: Aug-27-15 10:34 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Dubai-based international port operator DP World says its net profits for the first half of the year reached $405 million, up 22 percent compared to the same period last year.
- Tiffany 2Q results miss Street, stung by strong dollar Updated: Aug-27-15 9:56 am
NEW YORK - The strong dollar pressured Tiffany's fiscal second-quarter sales, and its performance missed analysts' expectations. The luxury jeweler also lowered its full-year earnings forecast.
- Dollar General beats 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Aug-27-15 9:47 am
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tennessee - Dollar General Corp. on Thursday reported a boost in second-quarter profit, topping Wall Street expectations on higher sales.
- Wal-Mart to stop selling AR-15s and similar weapons Updated: Aug-26-15 6:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Wal-Mart will stop selling the AR-15 rifle and other semi-automatic weapons at its stores because fewer people are buying them, a spokesman said Wednesday.
- Brown-Forman posts higher 1st-quarter profit Updated: Aug-26-15 1:55 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Brown-Forman Corp., the producer of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, said Wednesday that its first-quarter net income rose 4 percent, driven by sales growth across much of its spirits lineup to overcome a negative impact from foreign exchange.
- Evine Live reports 2Q loss Updated: Aug-26-15 12:40 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Evine Live Inc. (EVLV) on Wednesday reported a loss of $3 million in its fiscal second quarter.
- Express tops Street 2Q forecasts, hikes 2015 outlook Updated: Aug-26-15 11:37 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Shares of Express soared Wednesday after the clothing and accessories chain hiked its 2015 forecast while also reporting net income that nearly tripled in its fiscal second quarter.
- Abercrombie & Fitch 2Q results beat Street's expectations Updated: Aug-26-15 10:07 am
NEW ALBANY, Ohio - Abercrombie & Fitch's fiscal second-quarter results topped analysts' estimates as a key sales metric improved.
- Air New Zealand's annual profit up 24 percent as it expands Updated: Aug-25-15 8:02 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand's national airline on Wednesday posted a 24 percent jump in annual profit after benefiting from lower fuel costs and continuing its expansion in Asia and North America.
- DSW drops to annual low on disappointing 2Q sales Updated: Aug-25-15 11:55 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Shares of DSW skidded in midday trading Tuesday after the footwear and accessories retailer's second-quarter sales disappointed Wall Street.
- Best Buy 2Q performance beats analysts' expectations Updated: Aug-25-15 11:40 am
NEW YORK - Best Buy's turnaround is charging ahead.
- Leverkusen to repay sponsor's liquidator Updated: Aug-25-15 10:41 am
LEVERKUSEN, Germany - Bayer Leverkusen is repaying 10.9 million euros ($12.6 million) plus interest in a settlement with a former sponsor's liquidator after the company declared bankruptcy in 2011.