- Tyson Foods executive predicts record profits for 2016 Updated: Feb-06-16 3:56 pm
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - Executives at Tyson Foods, Inc. are predicting record profits for the year, helped along by a steep drop in feed and livestock costs.
- LinkedIn shares plunge almost 44 percent Updated: Feb-05-16 6:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Investors gave LinkedIn a poor job review Friday in the form of a dramatic sell-off that wiped out nearly $11 billion in the professional networking site's market value.
- Oregon-based SeaPort Airlines files for bankruptcy Updated: Feb-05-16 6:04 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon-based SeaPort Airlines has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection but the company says daily operations will not be interrupted.
- Tyson Foods, LinkedIn are big market movers Updated: Feb-05-16 4:38 pm
NEW YORK - Stocks that moved substantially Friday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq stock market:
- Lions Gate shares plunge on earns miss as merger hopes fade Updated: Feb-05-16 3:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - Shares of Hollywood studio Lions Gate plunged Friday after it missed earnings expectations due to the underperformance of the finale of "The Hunger Games" and investors fled as hopes diminished for the company to become an acquisition vehicle.
- Italy's Intesa bank profits shrink in fourth quarter Updated: Feb-05-16 8:33 am
MILAN - Italian bank Intesa Sanpaolo reported a 73 percent drop in fourth-quarter profits on lower net interest income and a drop in investment returns.
- Estee Lauder 2Q results top Street, hair care sales climb Updated: Feb-05-16 8:15 am
NEW YORK - Estee Lauder's fiscal second-quarter results topped analysts' estimates thanks in part to increased sales of makeup, fragrances and hair care products.
- Moody's tops Street 4Q forecasts Updated: Feb-05-16 7:16 am
NEW YORK - Moody's Corp. (MCO) on Friday reported fourth-quarter net income of $217.9 million.
- Volvo posts higher 4th quarter profit on brisk Europe sales Updated: Feb-05-16 6:34 am
HELSINKI - Swedish truck maker AB Volvo has posted a fourth quarter net profit of 2.59 billion kronor ($310 million), compared with a 2.98 billion kronor loss last year, on the back of cost cuts and brisk sales in Europe.
- Toyota posts $5.4 billion quarterly profit, raises forecast Updated: Feb-05-16 5:05 am
TOKYO - Toyota's quarterly profit rose nearly 5 percent as the weaker yen and cost reductions offset declining sales in some markets. The automaker raised its full-year earnings forecast.
- HanesBrands misses Street 4Q forecasts Updated: Feb-04-16 7:39 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - HanesBrands Inc. on Thursday posted worse-than-expected quarterly results and issued weak guidance, sending its shares down in extended trading.
- LinkedIn shares tumble on weak forecast for 2016 Updated: Feb-04-16 6:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - LinkedIn shares plunged as much as 28 percent in after-hours trading Thursday after the company reported better-than-expected results for the fourth quarter but provided a weak forecast for 2016.
- Symantec beats Street 3Q forecasts, gets $500M investment Updated: Feb-04-16 6:22 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California - Shares of Symantec Corp. rose in extended trading Thursday after the security software developer announced a $500 million investment from Silver Lake and reported better-than-expected quarterly results.
- Businessman pleads guilty to embezzling $1M from restaurants Updated: Feb-04-16 4:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Florida businessman has pleaded guilty to charges he embezzled nearly $1 million from the bankruptcy estate for a company that operated more than two dozen Popeyes fast-food restaurants in Louisiana, Alabama and Florida.
- Ralph Lauren shares down on dim earnings, outlook Updated: Feb-04-16 4:38 pm
NEW YORK - Shares in Ralph Lauren fell more than 22 percent to a multiyear low Thursday after the company cut its outlook for 2016 and reported disappointing earnings it blamed on unseasonably warm holiday weather and a drop in foreign tourist traffic in North America.
- LinkedIn misses Street 4Q forecasts Updated: Feb-04-16 4:33 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California _ LinkedIn Corp. (LNKD) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter earnings of $3 million.
- ConocoPhillips posts 4th-quarter loss, slashes dividend Updated: Feb-04-16 4:26 pm
HOUSTON - ConocoPhillips posted a wider-than-expected loss in the fourth quarter and slashed its quarterly dividend by 66 percent as oil prices continue to drop.
- Company in West Virginia chem spill receives 'symbolic' fine Updated: Feb-04-16 4:24 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A bankrupt chemical company responsible for a spill that contaminated a West Virginia river and fouled the drinking water supply of 300,000 residents was fined $900,000 on pollution charges Thursday, with a judge noting that Freedom Industries likely could never pay it.
- Dunkin's preps for a deal fight as customer visits slip Updated: Feb-04-16 3:20 pm
NEW YORK - Dunkin' Donuts, feeling sidelined by a discounting fight in the fast-food industry, is planning to jump into the game with its own deals.
- Coty reports drop in profit, but beats expectations Updated: Feb-04-16 3:16 pm
NEW YORK - Coty reported a drop in profit during its fiscal second quarter as costs related to acquisitions piled up. But the makeup and fragrance company's adjusted earnings and revenue beat Wall Street expectations and its shares soared Thursday.
- Tax gain lifts wholesaler AmerisourceBergen to 1Q profit Updated: Feb-04-16 2:29 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - AmerisourceBergen Corp. swung to a profit in its fiscal first quarter, thanks to a huge income tax benefit. The medicine wholesaler reported a loss in the same period a year earlier. Its latest results beat Wall Street profit expectations but fell short on revenue.
- Data company McGraw Hill beats 4Q profit forecasts Updated: Feb-04-16 2:16 pm
NEW YORK - McGraw Hill Financial Inc. swung to a fourth-quarter profit, countering a loss in the same period of 2014 when the financial-data company booked a raft of legal and other charges.
- Philip Morris Int'l results mixed, outlook disappoints Updated: Feb-04-16 12:37 pm
NEW YORK - Philip Morris International's fourth-quarter performance was mixed as it dealt with some higher costs and lower cigarette shipment volume. The seller of Marlboro and other cigarette brands outside the United States also gave a 2016 profit forecast below analysts' estimates.
- MDU Resources profits down in 2015; new refinery loses money Updated: Feb-04-16 12:33 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Bismarck-based MDU Resources Group Inc. has reported a decrease in profits for 2015 due to losses at its North Dakota refinery and warmer winter weather that cut natural gas and electricity sales.
- Oil price drop pushes Shell profit down 44 percent Updated: Feb-04-16 11:24 am
LONDON - Royal Dutch Shell said fourth-quarter earnings tumbled 44 percent as the collapse in oil prices took its toll on another global energy giant.