- Investment firm affiliate files for bankruptcy Updated: Apr-20-14 11:19 am
- GM boosting China production capacity to 5 million Updated: Apr-20-14 10:52 am
- Fiat and Chrysler to build 3 Jeep models in China Updated: Apr-19-14 1:38 pm
- Gilbert, Penske on Detroit bankruptcy witness list Updated: Apr-18-14 7:31 pm
- Judge says American can't end retiree benefits yet Updated: Apr-18-14 6:25 pm
- James River Coal wants to auction off business Updated: Apr-18-14 5:43 am
- AP MEMBER EXCHANGE: Vegas construction shakeup Updated: Apr-17-14 7:46 pm
- PepsiCo's profit rises on snack sales, price hikes Updated: Apr-17-14 7:13 pm
- US stock market ends higher as earnings pour in Updated: Apr-17-14 5:58 pm
- Fifth Third Bancorp 1Q earnings fall 25 pct Updated: Apr-17-14 5:25 pm
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years Updated: Apr-17-14 4:46 pm
- Goldman's income falls 11 percent, but still beats Updated: Apr-17-14 4:25 pm
- Morgan Stanley's income rose 18 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 4:22 pm
- US stock market mostly higher as earnings pour in Updated: Apr-17-14 4:13 pm
- GM 1Q global sales up 2 pct to 2.42M Updated: Apr-17-14 3:31 pm
- Honeywell 1Q earnings rise, boosts outlook Updated: Apr-17-14 3:28 pm
- GE 1Q earnings fall, outlook strong Updated: Apr-17-14 12:40 pm
- Union Pacific railroad's 1Q profit up 14 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 12:40 pm
- UnitedHealth's 1Q profit tumbles 8 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 11:19 am
- AutoNation fights off winter; profit up 15 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 10:32 am
- Mubadala posts strong profits for Abu Dhabi Updated: Apr-17-14 10:31 am
- Philip Morris Int'l 1Q profit falls nearly 12 pct Updated: Apr-17-14 10:26 am
- Weak Barbie sales weigh on Mattel 1Q Updated: Apr-17-14 7:53 am
- Union Pacific railroad reports 1Q profit Thursday Updated: Apr-17-14 7:01 am
- Heavy winter storms weigh on DuPont during 1Q Updated: Apr-17-14 6:28 am
BOISE, Idaho - A subsidiary of a Meridian company once fined by Idaho regulators for misleading investors has filed for bankruptcy.
BEIJING - The president of General Motors said Sunday that the company and local partners are boosting production capacity for GM-brand vehicles in China to 5 million.
ROME - Fiat and Chrysler announced plans Saturday to build three new Jeep models in China for that market, the biggest for the vehicles outside the United States, as they attempt to boost sales in a country where they lag behind their competitors.
DETROIT - The names of high-profile businessmen Dan Gilbert and Roger Penske are among those on a witness list for a court proceeding this summer on Detroit's plan to exit bankruptcy.
DALLAS - A federal judge has rejected an attempt by American Airlines to quickly cut off benefits for many of its retirees.
RICHMOND, Virginia - James River Coal Co. intends to sell parts or all of its business at an auction in July.
LAS VEGAS - This is what an industry shake-up looks like.
NEW YORK - PepsiCo reported a stronger-than-expected quarterly profit as the company sold more snacks around the world and hiked prices, including on its drinks.
Corporate earnings pushed U.S. stocks mostly higher on Thursday, but it wasn't an easy ride up.
CINCINNATI - Fifth Third Bancorp reported Thursday that its first-quarter net income fell 25 percent, mostly on increased legal costs and a decline in its investment in its former Vantiv payment-processing subsidiary.
NEW YORK - Chipotle is feeling confident that customers are willing to pay more for its burritos, bowls and tacos.
NEW YORK - Goldman Sachs' earnings fell in the first quarter as bond trading slumped, but the results still came in ahead of what investors expected as other parts of the bank performed well.
NEW YORK - Investment bank Morgan Stanley said Thursday that its first-quarter income rose 18 percent from a year ago, helped by higher earnings in its trading and merger and acquisitions advisory businesses.
Stocks are mostly higher on Wall Street as upbeat earnings news from several big U.S. companies encouraged investors.
DETROIT - General Motors says it sold 2.42 million cars and trucks in the first three months of the year, keeping it slightly ahead of Volkswagen in the global sales race.
MORRIS TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Honeywell International Inc. lifted the lower end of its 2014 earnings outlook Thursday, thanks to better-than-expected first quarter results and signs of an improving global economy.
NEW YORK - General Electric's new focus on oil and gas equipment helped the company to post strong first-quarter results.
OMAHA, Nebraska - The harsh winter didn't keep Union Pacific railroad from delivering 14 percent higher quarterly profit as it hauled more agricultural, industrial and coal shipments.
UnitedHealth Group's first-quarter net income slid 8 percent as funding cuts to a key product and costs imposed by the health care overhaul dented the health insurer's performance.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A late-March surge in car and truck buying helped dealership group AutoNation Inc. overcome subzero temperatures and waves of winter storms earlier in the year to post nearly a 15 percent increase in first-quarter net income.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi's Mubadala state investment company says profits last year tripled to roughly $395 million on the back of a strong performance from international investments.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Philip Morris International's first-quarter profit dropped nearly 12 percent as cigarette sales fell in the overseas markets that it serves and it was hurt by foreign exchange rates for the U.S. dollar.
EL SEGUNDO, California - Toy maker Mattel says weak sales of Barbie and markdowns to clear out excess inventory left over from a sluggish holiday season led to an unexpected first-quarter loss.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Union Pacific will report its first-quarter earnings Thursday and discuss how much the severe winter affected operations.
DOVER, Delaware - DuPont says that lost sales and increased operating costs from adverse weather conditions dragged on first-quarter earnings.