- Kansas woman seeks leniency for fake goods sales Updated: Mar-08-14 2:43 pm
- Judge rules for Samsung in dispute with Apple Updated: Mar-06-14 3:22 pm
- Conservative activist fights beer's trademark bid Updated: Mar-05-14 1:38 pm
- Indiana U. prof to join Inventors Hall of Fame Updated: Mar-05-14 7:14 am
- YouTube ordered to take down anti-Muslim film Updated: Feb-26-14 9:19 pm
- Kentucky Senate seeks to stop patent trolls Updated: Feb-25-14 7:28 pm
- Apple, Samsung fail to settle before March trial Updated: Feb-22-14 12:38 pm
- Jury awards Florida company in patent case Updated: Feb-22-14 3:04 am
- Aereo blocked in some Western states after ruling Updated: Feb-19-14 6:37 pm
- Czech brewer gets Budweiser trademark in Portugal Updated: Feb-19-14 9:10 am
- Indiana man, 87, hopes rotary hay rake catches on Updated: Feb-13-14 9:47 am
- 'Dumb Starbucks' can't outsmart health inspectors Updated: Feb-11-14 3:02 am
- Nokia, HTC end litigation proceedings Updated: Feb-10-14 12:52 pm
- Govt closes antitrust probe of Samsung Updated: Feb-07-14 1:25 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita business owner has asked a federal court to spare her from serving prison time for trafficking in counterfeit luxury items, arguing publicity the case has received serves as a deterrent to future criminal conduct.
SAN JOSE, California - A federal judge in California on Thursday denied Apple's request to permanently ban Samsung from selling 23 older-model smartphones and tablets that a jury found infringed on patents held by the maker of iPhones and iPads.
ST. LOUIS - Conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly says she wants no part of a federal trademark sought by her nephew's craft beer company.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana University says one of its faculty members will be inducted into National Inventors Hall of Fame.
SAN FRANCISCO - A U.S. appeals court ordered YouTube on Wednesday to take down an anti-Muslim film that sparked violent riots in parts of the Middle East and death threats to the actors.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill that would make it harder for companies that hold large numbers of patents to sue for patent infringement when they don't produce the patented goods has been passed by the Kentucky Senate.
SAN JOSE, California - Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. have failed to settle their latest patent dispute despite a daylong meeting between top Samsung executives and Apple CEO Tim Cook hosted by a mediator earlier this month.
FORT MYERS, Florida - A federal jury has awarded a Naples company $226,000 in royalties they should have received after an "as-seen-on-TV" marketing company allegedly stole a cleavage cover idea.
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah judge on Wednesday blocked TV streaming company Aereo Inc. from operating in several Western states, at least until the U.S. Supreme Court takes up a related case in April.
PRAGUE - The Czech brewery Budvar says a Portuguese trade court has ruled that it will have the exclusive rights to the Budweiser trademark in the country, canceling the rights owned by rival Anheuser-Busch InBev.
NEW ALBANY, Indiana - Willard Collins has family photos in every room of his New Albany house. One photo, a Collins favorite, takes up an entire wall, but bears no family resemblance.
LOS ANGELES - The brains behind the "Dumb Starbucks" coffee shop generated a lot of buzz with their publicity stunt - but they couldn't outwit health inspectors, who shut the store on its fourth day for operating without a valid permit.
HELSINKI - Nokia Corp. says it has settled all pending patent litigation with HTC.
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department says it has closed an investigation of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. over alleged misuse of patents to exclude some Apple iPhone and iPad models from the U.S. market.