- Mentors help minority companies accelerate growth Updated: Apr-16-14 11:14 am
- Prairie Sun Foods buys corn oil plant in Merrill Updated: Apr-15-14 6:37 pm
- Finmeccanica shares down on CEO change Updated: Apr-15-14 11:20 am
- Aspen Insurance rejects Endurance's $3.2B buyout Updated: Apr-14-14 3:29 pm
- Chinese pork giant plans IPO to raise up to $5.3B Updated: Apr-14-14 12:59 pm
- Altria sells idled NC cigarette plant for $68.5M Updated: Apr-14-14 10:53 am
- TIAA-CREF buying Nuveen for $6.25B Updated: Apr-14-14 8:36 am
- GlencoreXstrata selling Peruvian mine for $5.85B Updated: Apr-14-14 2:38 am
- Analysis: Questions on La. hospital deals linger Updated: Apr-13-14 7:50 pm
- GlencoreXstrata selling Peruvian mine for $5.85B Updated: Apr-13-14 3:37 pm
- Money could be delayed during review of LSU deals Updated: Apr-10-14 9:26 pm
- EBay, Icahn settle proxy fight Updated: Apr-10-14 1:19 pm
- Sallie Mae board approves Navient spinoff Updated: Apr-10-14 10:26 am
- RBS pays to end dividend agreement with UK gov't Updated: Apr-09-14 6:26 pm
- P&G selling pet food brands to Mars for $2.9B Updated: Apr-09-14 11:55 am
- Alaska's largest daily newspaper sold for $34M Updated: Apr-08-14 6:25 pm
- Comcast argues benefits of Time Warner Cable deal Updated: Apr-08-14 3:10 pm
- Nokia gets Chinese approval for Microsoft deal Updated: Apr-08-14 1:40 pm
- Quad/Graphics acquires top rival Updated: Apr-08-14 11:42 am
- Imax sells 20 percent stake in China unit for $80M Updated: Apr-08-14 7:11 am
- Lands' End starts trading as public company Updated: Apr-07-14 12:46 pm
- Cement makers Holcim, Lafarge create Swiss merger Updated: Apr-07-14 12:17 pm
- Cincinnati Bell to sell wireless unit to Verizon Updated: Apr-07-14 12:14 pm
- Mexico ends bid to revive Mexicana airline Updated: Apr-07-14 12:05 pm
- Premier completes acquisition of Bank of Gassaway Updated: Apr-07-14 11:16 am
NEW YORK - Mel Gravely says his construction company might not exist today if he didn't have mentors to guide it.
MERRILL, Iowa - A company has purchased a former corn oil plant in northwest Iowa with the intention of starting it up again.
MILAN - Investors signaled concern Tuesday at a change of leadership at the scandal-plagued Finmeccanica defense contractor as part of sweeping management changes announced by Italian Premier Matteo Renzi at four strategic state-backed firms.
Aspen Insurance Holdings Ltd. said Monday that its board has rejected a proposal from fellow insurance company Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd. to buy it for about $3.2 billion.
HONG KONG - China's WH Group, which became the world's biggest pork company after buying Smithfield Foods of the U.S. last year, said Monday it plans to raise up to $5.3 billion in an initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The owner of the nation's biggest tobacco company, Philip Morris USA, has sold a North Carolina cigarette plant it idled in 2009.
NEW YORK - Financial services provider TIAA-CREF says it's buying investment manager Nuveen Investments in a deal valued at $6.25 billion including debt.
BEIJING - A group of Chinese state-owned companies is buying a Peruvian copper mine from Glencore Xstrata Plc for $5.85 billion, adding to a wave of Chinese resource acquisitions abroad.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A year after Gov. Bobby Jindal started turning over the operations of Louisiana's university-run hospital system to outside companies, lawmakers are complaining that they have unanswered questions about the deals.
NEW YORK - Glencore Xstrata Plc has agreed to sell its copper mine project in Peru for $5.85 billion in cash.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Federal officials have warned Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration that they will withhold $307 million in Medicaid money from the state if no agreement is soon reached on whether the state's financing plans for the privatized LSU hospitals meet federal guidelines.
SAN JOSE, California - Ebay and billionaire activist investor Carl Icahn have settled their proxy fight ahead of the company's annual meeting.
NEWARK, Delaware - Sallie Mae's board has unanimously approved the spinoff of its loan management, servicing and asset recovery company from its consumer banking business.
The Royal Bank of Scotland said Wednesday that it will pay 1.5 billion pounds ($2.52 billion) to end an agreement with the British government, in a move that will help clear the way for the bank to be privatized.
MCLEAN, Virginia - Procter & Gamble is crying uncle on the edible business so it can focus on its core brands like Tide detergent and Pampers diapers.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An online competitor announced plans Tuesday to buy Alaska's largest daily newspaper.
WASHINGTON - Comcast Corp. on Tuesday presented its case to government regulators arguing that its $45 billion takeover of Time Warner Cable Inc. will benefit consumers without limiting competition.
HELSINKI - Nokia has received regulatory approval from Chinese authorities to sell its mobile phone unit to Microsoft Corp., removing one of the last major hurdles to the 5.4 billion-euro ($7.3 billion) deal.
SUSSEX, Wisconsin - Printing giant Quad/Graphics is acquiring one of its biggest competitors.
NEW YORK - The theater operator Imax said Tuesday that the Chinese investment fund CMC Capital Partners and Chinese private equity firm FountainVest Partners are buying a 20 percent stake in its operations in China for $80 million.
NEW YORK - Lands' End shares are falling in its first day as a separate public company after being spun off from Sears.
GENEVA - Two of the world's largest suppliers of building materials announced plans for a "merger of equals" Monday that would create an industry giant with a combined 32 billion euros ($44 billion) in annual revenues.
CINCINNATI - Cincinnati Bell says it has agreed to sell its wireless service to Verizon Wireless in a deal worth about $210 million.
MEXICO CITY - A Mexican judge has ordered an end to efforts to revive moribund Mexicana airlines through bankruptcy proceedings, saying no credible new investor had expressed interest in the carrier, officials announced Friday.
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Premier Bank, Inc. has completed its $20.25 million acquisition of the Bank of Gassaway.