- Sears to spin off Lands' End business Updated: Dec-06-13 1:29 pm
- CONSOL completes sale of 5 W.Va. mines to Murray Updated: Dec-05-13 12:53 pm
- Cyprus to start privatizing companies in 2 years Updated: Dec-05-13 7:44 am
- China approves $1.3B Renault auto joint venture Updated: Dec-05-13 12:07 am
- Digital music service Beats Music to launch in Jan Updated: Dec-04-13 5:49 pm
- MFA Oil to buy site of failed sweetener factory Updated: Dec-04-13 10:13 am
- SPX selling stake in EGS Electric for $571 million Updated: Dec-04-13 9:53 am
- Medicines Company buys infection drug developer Updated: Dec-04-13 8:08 am
- Philip Morris buying stake in Megapolis for $750M Updated: Dec-04-13 7:49 am
- Quiksilver plans to sell some non-core businesses Updated: Dec-03-13 8:55 am
- Ohio military base looking to privatize utilities Updated: Dec-03-13 8:55 am
- NRG Yield buying Energy Systems for $120 million Updated: Dec-03-13 8:01 am
- Portugal raises $784M from sale of postal service Updated: Dec-03-13 6:47 am
- Apple buys Topsy in pursuit of more Twitter tips Updated: Dec-02-13 7:02 pm
- Roundy's to acquire 11 Chicago-area Dominick's Updated: Dec-02-13 5:13 pm
- NCR agrees to buy Digital Insight for $1.65B Updated: Dec-02-13 4:40 pm
- Ameren, Dynegy close deal on 5 Ill. coal plants Updated: Dec-02-13 3:30 pm
- Dow Chemical looking to spin off, sell 40 plants Updated: Dec-02-13 9:25 am
- Hess selling Indonesia assets for $1.3 billion Updated: Dec-02-13 7:49 am
- Public hearing set for cat, dog sales in Conn. Updated: Dec-02-13 3:59 am
- ThyssenKrupp sells US steel plant for $1.55B Updated: Nov-29-13 5:50 pm
- Portuguese postal workers protest privatization Updated: Nov-29-13 6:08 am
- Australia blocks $3.1 billion US bid for GrainCorp Updated: Nov-29-13 2:43 am
- Australia rejects ADM's proposed GrainCorp buyout Updated: Nov-28-13 5:44 pm
- Developer buys Washington Post building for $159M Updated: Nov-27-13 7:22 pm
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois - Sears Holdings Corp. said Friday that it will spin off its Lands' End clothing business as a separate company by distributing stock to the retailer's shareholders.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - CONSOL Energy Inc. says it has completed the sale of subsidiary Consolidation Coal Company to Murray Energy.
NICOSIA, Cyprus - The Cypriot government says the privatization of state-owned companies will start in two years, when the bailed-out country's economy is projected to start growing again.
BEIJING - China has given Renault and a local partner approval to launch a $1.3 billion auto manufacturing joint venture, the French brand's first in the world's biggest vehicle market.
LOS ANGELES - Beats Music, the digital music spinoff from the maker of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, is set to launch in January.
MOBERLY, Missouri - MFA Oil Co. plans to buy the 33-acre site in Moberly where Mamtek U.S. had planned to build an artificial sweetener plant before that company collapsed, MFA officials said.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - SPX is selling its minority interest in the joint venture EGS Electric Group LLC to its partner Emerson Electric Co. for $571 million.
PARSIPPANY, New Jersey - Medicines Co. has acquired a privately held drugmaker that has developed several potential treatments for serious infections in a deal that could be worth more than $400 million.
NEW YORK - Philip Morris is buying a 20 percent stake in Megapolis Distribution BV, the holding company for its Russian cigarette distributor, for $750 million.
HUNTINGTON BEACH, California - Quiksilver has sold its snowboard subsidiary Mervin Manufacturing for $58 million and plans to sell some other non-core businesses.
DAYTON, Ohio - Ohio's largest military base is expected to privatize more energy and utility operations as it tries to offset steep cuts in the federal defense budget.
PRINCETON, New Jersey - NRG Yield is buying privately-held energy supplier Energy Systems Co. for $120 million.
LISBON, Portugal - The Portuguese government is getting more than 578 million euros ($784 million) from the privatization of a 70 percent stake in national mail company CTT - Correios de Portugal.
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple has bought Topsy Labs in a deal that will provide the iPhone maker with more insights about the chatter on Twitter.
CHICAGO - Milwaukee-based Roundy's Inc. says it will acquire 11 Dominick's stores in the Chicago area.
NEW YORK - NCR Corp. says it is paying $1.65 billion to buy Digital Insight Corp., a provider of online and mobile banking services.
CHICAGO - Houston-based Dynegy Inc. took ownership of five Illinois coal-fired power plants, as Ameren Corp. exited the merchant generation business to concentrate on its rate-regulated operations in Illinois and Missouri, the companies announced Monday.
MIDLAND, Michigan - Dow Chemical is looking to spin off or sell about 40 manufacturing plants from its business as it continues to move away from cyclical commodity products.
NEW YORK - Energy company Hess is selling its Indonesia assets to a joint venture between PT Pertamina and PTT Exploration and Production Co. Ltd. for $1.3 billion.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A task force established by the legislature to study the sale of cats and dogs in Connecticut has scheduled its second and final public hearing.
German steel company ThyssenKrupp has agreed to sell its U.S. steel plant business to two competitors for $1.55 billion.
LISBON, Portugal - Striking Portuguese postal workers have scuffled with police during a protest against the national mail company's privatization.
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia on Friday blocked the 3.4 billion Australian dollar ($3.1 billion) takeover bid by U.S. food giant Archer Daniels Midland Co. for GrainCorp Ltd.
The Australian government has rejected Archer Daniels Midland Co.'s bid to acquire grain handler GrainCorp Ltd, saying the proposed buyout would be contrary to the national interest.
WASHINGTON - The longtime headquarters building of The Washington Post is being sold to a real estate development company for $159 million.