- Major Black Hills jewelers announce purchase deal Updated: Mar-07-14 10:02 am
- Miss. bank makes Alabama acquisition for $6.6M Updated: Mar-06-14 8:11 pm
- US companies spend heavily on big mergers in 2014 Updated: Mar-05-14 7:08 pm
- NC appeals court upholds Duke-Progress deal Updated: Mar-04-14 2:43 pm
- Cyprus privatization bill backed in second vote Updated: Mar-04-14 9:16 am
- 2 Indiana packaging companies to merge Updated: Mar-04-14 7:31 am
- Philadelphia mayor strikes deal to sell utility Updated: Mar-03-14 2:43 pm
- Cal-Maine completes purchase of egg farms Updated: Mar-03-14 2:20 pm
- Caesars Acquisition JV plans $1.8B in acquisitions Updated: Mar-03-14 1:19 pm
- Men's Wearhouse, Jos. Bank signal they're talking Updated: Mar-03-14 11:28 am
- UIL Holdings to buy Philadelphia Gas Works Updated: Mar-03-14 7:10 am
- Tyco selling South Korean security arm for $1.93B Updated: Mar-03-14 7:04 am
- Kinzua Dam sold by FirstEnergy to NY power firm Updated: Mar-02-14 4:35 pm
- State looks into privatizing services at parks Updated: Mar-01-14 1:11 pm
- Manda sells Baker meat plant Updated: Mar-01-14 12:56 pm
- Operator of proposed SD uranium mine to merge Updated: Feb-28-14 7:29 pm
- Pa. lawmakers mull emergency responder shortage Updated: Feb-28-14 11:58 am
- Mattel cobbles together a deal for Mega Blocks Updated: Feb-28-14 7:29 am
- Greece gets 1 bid for former Athens airport site Updated: Feb-27-14 2:03 pm
- Bill would gradually lower liquor taxes Updated: Feb-26-14 3:10 pm
- GE pays $1.7 billion to Shinsei, reducing exposure Updated: Feb-26-14 10:31 am
- New Zealand will sell stake in 3rd power company Updated: Feb-25-14 8:58 pm
- Indiana Limestone Co. closing shop, idling 166 Updated: Feb-25-14 3:34 pm
- Men's Wearhouse lifts takeover bid for Jos A Bank Updated: Feb-24-14 4:31 pm
- EBay responds to Icahn, says sticking with PayPal Updated: Feb-24-14 3:25 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City-based jeweler with dozens of stores in the Midwest is buying a company that has been making Black Hills gold jewelry for 136 years.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Mississippi's First Bancshares is expanding further into Alabama, announcing Thursday that it will buy BCB Holding Co. of Mobile, Alabama for about $6.6 million in cash and stock.
NEW YORK - So far, 2014 is looking like the year of the big deal.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A North Carolina appeals court upheld Tuesday the state's regulatory approval of the deal that made Duke Energy Corp. the country's largest electric company when it purchased Progress Energy.
NICOSIA, Cyprus - At the second time of asking, lawmakers in Cyprus approved a bill to privatize a host of state-owned companies, a move that will enable the country to receive its next batch of rescue money.
ELKHART, Indiana - An Elkhart-based packaging company says it has acquired a similar business based in Marion.
PHILADELPHIA - The city's distressed pension fund would get an injection of $424 million under a proposal for UIL Holdings Corp. to buy the city-owned gas utility for $1.86 billion, the mayor announced Monday.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Cal-Maine Foods Inc. says it has completed its purchase of the remaining half of Delta Egg Farm LLC.
Caesars Entertainment Corp. is selling four properties to a separate unit that it controls for about $1.8 billion as it restructures its debt.
NEW YORK - Men's Wearhouse and Jos. A. Bank Clothiers Inc. are moving a bit closer to a possible combination, announcing they are exchanging certain confidential information with each other.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - UIL Holdings says it will expand its natural gas business by spending $1.86 billion in cash to buy the operations of Philadelphia Gas Works, which serves about 500,000 customers.
NEW YORK - Fire protection and security company Tyco is selling its South Korean security business to asset manager The Carlyle Group for about $1.93 billion.
WARREN, Pennsylvania - FirstEnergy Corp. has sold the Kinzua Dam system in northwestern Pennsylvania along with 10 other hydroelectric power stations to a subsidiary of a New York-based power company.
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Officials say Gov. Bill Haslam's administration is looking into the possibility of privatizing the operation of services at some state parks.
BAKER, Louisiana - Manda Fine Meats says it has sold its idle Baker facility for $200,000 to a pair of investors who plan to develop an industrial manufacturing incubator in the building.
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The company that would operate a proposed uranium mine in southwest South Dakota has agreed to merge with a Hong Kong-based firm.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - In 1977, there were 300,000 volunteer firefighters. Today, the number is closer to 50,000.
EL SEGUNDO, California - Looking to build on its toymaking success, Mattel said Friday that it will buy Mega Bloks owner Mega Brands for about $460 million.
ATHENS, Greece - Greece says it has received a single binding bid for the former Athens airport, a prime seaside property and key part of the recession-mired country's limping privatization drive.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Lawmakers introduced on Wednesday a measure that would gradually lower liquor sales taxes from 20.5 percent to 6.5 percent over eight years.
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - General Electric will pay $1.7 billion to Shinsei Bank to end its obligation to cover interest refund claims.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand's government on Wednesday announced plans to sell a slice of a third state-owned power company as the final step in a contentious program of asset sales.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - A southern Indiana company that supplied limestone to the Empire State Building, the Pentagon and other iconic buildings is going out of business and laying off its 166 workers.
NEW YORK - Men's Wearhouse said Monday that it was boosting its takeover offer for Jos. A. Bank yet again, spurring hopes that the months-long saga might finally be coming to an end.
NEW YORK - EBay and activist shareholder Carl Icahn are continuing their war of words over PayPal.