- Sausage patties recalled after complaints of metal pieces Updated: Sep-03-15 4:47 am
KENOSHA, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin company is recalling roughly 89,000 pounds of pork sausage patties after officials say consumers complained of finding small pieces of metal.
- Medical marijuana company delays 2 clinic openings Updated: Sep-02-15 6:16 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Citing a need to keep costs down amid low patient enrollment, one of Minnesota's medical marijuana manufacturers announced Wednesday it's delaying its plans to open two more dispensaries this fall.
- Hulu launches $12 ad-free streaming service Updated: Sep-02-15 4:34 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - Video-streaming company Hulu is introducing an ad-free version of its subscription service for $4 extra a month as competition for streaming customers heats up.
- Average FPL bill could drop $2.50 a month in 2016 Updated: Sep-02-15 2:43 pm
MIAMI - Florida Power & Light officials say the company is planning to reduce electric rates next year.
- Apple wants to guide your news consumption with News app Updated: Sep-02-15 1:10 pm
NEW YORK - Apple wants to be a central part of how you consume news.
- Vera Bradley shares soar as it boosts outlook Updated: Sep-02-15 10:43 am
ROANOKE, Indiana - Vera Bradley, the seller of handbags with colorful patterns, surprised Wall Street with better-than-expected financial results for its fiscal second-quarter and boosted its earnings outlook for the year. Its shares soared about 20 percent Wednesday morning trading.
- Amazon adds more Dash buttons after rollout Updated: Sep-02-15 9:46 am
NEW YORK - Amazon's futuristic "Dash" buttons appear here to stay.
- Blue Bell resumes production at Oklahoma facility Updated: Sep-02-15 9:40 am
BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma - Blue Bell Creameries has resumed operations at a northwestern Oklahoma facility a day after the company's products returned to the shelves at select locations in Texas and Alabama.
- Sacramento improves small-business friendliness ranking Updated: Sep-02-15 8:49 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Sacramento gets a D-plus for small-business friendliness, improving from three past years of F grades.
- Novartis, Amgen partner on Alzheimer's, migraine treatment Updated: Sep-02-15 4:46 am
GENEVA - Swiss drug maker Novartis says it will cooperate with California-based biotech giant Amgen to develop and sell neuroscience treatments for illnesses and ailments like Alzheimer's disease and migraine headaches.
- Comcast teeing up new services targeted at millennials Updated: Sep-01-15 5:06 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast, which became a TV powerhouse by signing up Generation Xers, baby boomers and their parents, now is fighting for millennial eyeballs.
- 5 things to watch at the IFA gadget show in Berlin Updated: Sep-01-15 11:56 am
BERLIN - Some 1,500 companies and over 250,000 people are expected to visit Europe's flagship technology show, the IFA in Berlin, when it opens to the public on Friday.
- Welch police begin carrying body cameras Updated: Sep-01-15 10:00 am
WELCH, West Virginia - Welch police officers have begun carrying body cameras to record all contact with the public.
- Agency OKs abandonment of Bullitt Utilities sewer system Updated: Sep-01-15 4:06 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Public Service Commission has authorized abandonment of Bullitt Utilities sewer system, which serves about 700 customers in the Hunters Hollow and Hillview areas of Bullitt County.
- NYC deputy mayor for human services to leave post Updated: Aug-31-15 9:17 pm
NEW YORK - One of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's deputy mayors is leaving her post after 20 months.
- California doctor faces murder trial in 3 drug deaths Updated: Aug-31-15 8:26 pm
LOS ANGELES - Even after several patients died of overdoses, a California doctor charged in their deaths kept passing out prescriptions for powerful painkillers in appointments that lasted as little as three minutes, often without physical exams and despite red flags that she could be feeding addictions, a prosecutor told jurors Monday.
- US fines Triumph Motorcycles up to $2.9 million Updated: Aug-31-15 6:37 pm
DETROIT - The U.S. government has fined Triumph Motorcycles up to $2.9 million for violating safety reporting requirements.
- Apple aims to boost mobile device sales with Cisco's help Updated: Aug-31-15 6:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple is leaning on Cisco Systems' Internet networking expertise in its latest attempt to sell more iPhones and iPads to corporate customers.
- Blue Bell resumes selling ice cream after listeria recall Updated: Aug-31-15 3:32 pm
BRENHAM, Texas - Blue Bell ice cream is back.
- Jeep recalling 206,668 Cherokee SUVs for wiper defect Updated: Aug-31-15 1:50 pm
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler is recalling 206,668 Jeep Cherokee SUVs because the windshield wipers can stop working unexpectedly.
- Google tries to woo iPhone owners with Android watch app Updated: Aug-31-15 12:55 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google is introducing an application that will connect Android smartwatches with Apple's iPhone, escalating the rivals' battle to strap their technology on people's wrists.
- Correction: The Month Ahead story Updated: Aug-31-15 12:35 pm
In a story Aug. 28, about upcoming events, The Associated Press reported erroneously the dates of business events expected in the first week in September.
- Animal health effort in Kansas and Missouri notes 10 years Updated: Aug-31-15 12:32 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Animal Health Corridor that stretches 300 miles in Kansas and Missouri has attracted more than 300 companies in 10 years to do research and develop animal health products, supporters said.
- Study: Tiny, wireless pacemaker could be surgery-free option Updated: Aug-30-15 7:47 am
LONDON - A tiny, wireless pacemaker could offer some heart patients a surgery-free alternative to the traditional devices, a new study says. Some doctors, however, say there are lingering safety questions and warned patients not to rush to get the new technology.
- AP National News Calendar Updated: Aug-28-15 4:47 pm
Eds: Major scheduled events for the week of August 30 - September 5. Note that many events are subject to change at the last minute.