- Uber, blind riders reach settlement over service animals Updated: Apr-30-16 9:03 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Uber and advocates for the blind have reached a lawsuit settlement in which the ride-hailing company agrees to require that existing and new drivers confirm they understand their legal obligations to transport riders with guide dogs or other service animals, an advocacy group announced Saturday.
- Nissan recalls nearly 4 million cars with air bag problems Updated: Apr-30-16 11:14 am
NEW YORK - Nearly 4 million Nissan cars are being recalled due to major safety problems where passenger air bags or seat belts could fail in a crash, leading to serious injuries or fatalities.
- The Latest: Hawaii advances bills on hot classrooms, ferries Updated: Apr-29-16 11:04 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the Hawaii Legislature negotiating dozens of bills before a deadline (all times local):
- First drug for delusions in Parkinson's patients approved Updated: Apr-29-16 5:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health officials have approved an experimental drug to treat psychotic delusions and behaviors that often afflict patients with Parkinson's disease, the debilitating movement disorder.
- Boeing publicly discloses 2015 savings from state tax breaks Updated: Apr-29-16 5:39 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Boeing announced Friday that it saved $305 million through state tax breaks last year, marking the first time the company has been required by law to publicly disclose such information.
- The Latest: Deal between solar firm, utility ends fight Updated: Apr-28-16 9:22 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on voter referrals dealing with rooftop solar power (all times local):
- Amgen posts 1Q sales, profit jumps, raises profit forecasts Updated: Apr-28-16 8:16 pm
Amgen beat and then raised profit expectations after surging sales of its medicines, tight cost controls and other factors lifted the biologic drugmaker's first-quarter profit by 17 percent.
- Next for Hastert: prison, polygraph, sex-offender treatment Updated: Apr-28-16 6:15 pm
CHICAGO - Now that a judge branded him "a serial child molester," Dennis Hastert must prepare to serve his 15-month prison sentence. Once he's out, the former House speaker must participate in a sex-offender program that could include lie-detector and other tests to determine how many children he's molested in his lifetime.
- Health aide, elderly woman escape just before train hits car Updated: Apr-28-16 9:14 am
BEDFORD HILLS, New York - Authorities say a health aide and her 87-year-old passenger fled to safety seconds before a train smashed into their car.
- Lawmakers blast Valeant for price-gouging tactics Updated: Apr-27-16 7:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers accused Valeant Pharmaceuticals of gouging patients to reward Wall Street investors during a hearing Wednesday scrutinizing the embattled drugmaker's pricing tactics.
- Ohio prison food costs down, complaints up, report says Updated: Apr-27-16 7:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state is saving more than $10 million a year by using a private company to feed inmates, but food complaints have increased sharply, according to a report by an Ohio prison watchdog group.
- Utah essential oil company announces third-party data breach Updated: Apr-27-16 6:55 pm
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah - Utah-based essential oil company doTERRA is warning customers and distributors that their personal information may have been compromised in a data breach in March.
- 2016 Subura Forester delivers affordable all-wheel drive Updated: Apr-27-16 2:56 pm
It's not flashy, but the Subaru Forester has the second-lowest price for a compact SUV with traction-improving all-wheel drive. This year, it adds new safety and entertainment features that connect drivers with emergency services and link more easily to mobile apps.
- Ford recalls 202K pickups, SUVs, cars to fix transmissions Updated: Apr-27-16 10:11 am
DETROIT - Ford is recalling nearly 202,000 pickup trucks, SUVs and cars in North America because the automatic transmissions can suddenly downshift to first gear.
- GSK sees rise in sales of vaccines, healthcare products Updated: Apr-27-16 9:21 am
LONDON - Pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline says higher sales of vaccines and consumer healthcare products pushed up its earnings from core business by 19 percent in the first quarter.
- NASA astronauts prepare for flight on commercial spacecraft Updated: Apr-27-16 9:10 am
ST. LOUIS - Five years after the last NASA astronauts flew from Cape Canaveral, Florida, to the International Space Station, a new group is preparing for a trip, this time on a private spacecraft.
- McAuliffe visits Germany, announces new trade deal Updated: Apr-27-16 5:09 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe has announced a new forest products trade deal between companies in Virginia and Germany.
- Ford, UAW renew relationship with state job safety agency Updated: Apr-26-16 9:02 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Ford Motor Co. and the United Auto Workers say they have renewed a relationship with a state workplace safety agency that's helped cut on-the-job injuries and absences.
- Apple reports iPhone sales down, 1st revenue drop since 2003 Updated: Apr-26-16 7:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple sold more than 51 million iPhones in the first three months of this year - and that's the problem.
- Foreign-matter contamination prompts Pilgrim's Pride recall Updated: Apr-26-16 6:57 pm
WACO, Texas - Pilgrim's Pride has ordered a massive recall of cooked chicken products after consumers and federal meat inspectors found contamination by such foreign material as wood, plastic, rubber and metal.
- 2 kids injured after car collides with school bus in Peoria Updated: Apr-26-16 6:04 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - An infant and another child have been taken to a hospital after the car they were riding in collided with a school bus in Peoria.
- New York bakery recalls some 7-Eleven cookies over peanuts Updated: Apr-26-16 4:54 pm
BOHEMIA, New York - A suburban New York bakery has recalled several lots of cookies sold at 7-Eleven stores across the state because they may contain undeclared peanuts.
- Chinese company to build $1 billion mill in south Arkansas Updated: Apr-26-16 3:34 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Chinese company Sun Paper announced plans Tuesday for a $1 billion mill in southern Arkansas, the paper company's first facility in North America.
- Turner, Criterion Collection launch movie-streaming service Updated: Apr-26-16 2:11 pm
NEW YORK - Turner and the Criterion Collection are teaming up to launch a movie-streaming TV service to cater to art house aficionados.
- Gov. Walker signs drunken driving sobriety proposal Updated: Apr-26-16 1:16 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill allowing judges to place offenders in a sobriety testing program rather than force them to drive with ignition interlock devices.