- Ricketts, Foley to lead Nebraska trade missions to Japan Updated: Jul-30-15 5:26 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts and Lt. Gov. Mike Foley will travel to Japan in September for back-to-back missions to promote foreign trade and investment, the governor announced Thursday.
- Medical device manufacturer agrees to $13.5M settlement Updated: Jul-30-15 4:25 pm
BALTIMORE - Federal prosecutors say a medical device manufacturer has agreed to pay the U.S. $13.5 million over allegations of false claims for the company's devices.
- Congress passes 3-month highway, transit aid patch Updated: Jul-30-15 3:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress sent President Barack Obama a three-month bill to keep highway and transit money flowing to states on Thursday, one day before the deadline for a cutoff of funds.
- Abbott Labs makes 2 heart valve replacement deals Updated: Jul-30-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Medical device maker Abbott Laboratories said Thursday it has agreed to buy replacement heart valve maker Tendyne Holdings for $225 million, and has invested in a second company in the field.
- Hercules recalling 90,000 SUV tires Updated: Jul-30-15 1:52 pm
DETROIT - An Ohio company is recalling about 90,000 SUV tires because the tread can separate, causing a loss of air and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Senate passes 6-year highway bill, short-term patch needed Updated: Jul-30-15 12:48 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate passed a long-term transportation bill, but with House lawmakers already dispersed for their August recess, the bill will become just one more sticky issue on a jam-packed congressional agenda in the fall.
- WWE shares soar as more people pay for its streaming network Updated: Jul-30-15 12:15 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. soared Thursday as the company said more people subscribed to its online video streaming service in the second quarter.
- Alabama reaches $500,000 settlement in pharmaceutical probe Updated: Jul-30-15 5:05 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange says the state has reached a settlement in an investigation into allegations that a subsidiary of a pharmaceutical company improperly recalled over-the-counter drugs.
- Galaxy S6 fails to reverse profit decline at Samsung Updated: Jul-30-15 2:16 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Samsung Electronics suffered a fifth straight drop in quarterly earnings as the Galaxy S6 failed to reverse its declining fortunes in global smartphone sales.
- Ford F-150 gets mixed crash test results Updated: Jul-29-15 9:01 pm
DETROIT - Ford's new aluminum-sided F-150 pickup saw mixed results in new crash tests by the insurance industry, and the damaged trucks cost more to repair than steel-bodied ones.
- Court bars anti-abortion group from releasing new videos Updated: Jul-29-15 8:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - A temporary restraining order has been issued preventing an anti-abortion group from releasing any video of leaders of a California company that provides fetal tissue to researchers. The group is the same one that previously released three covertly shot videos of a Planned Parenthood leader discussing the sale of aborted fetuses for research.
- Average US vehicle age hits record 11.5 years Updated: Jul-29-15 7:04 pm
DETROIT - In the age of Apple's CarPlay, a lot of cars on the road still have tape decks.
- Boeing expands Oklahoma City facility, business presence Updated: Jul-29-15 5:38 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Boeing Co. broke ground Wednesday on a new $80 million, 290,000-square-foot building that will house about 800 new employees and be the third structure in the aerospace company's growing Oklahoma City campus.
- More than 60 cigarette-recycling bins installed in St. Louis Updated: Jul-29-15 5:04 pm
ST. LOUIS - Tired of discarded cigarette butts littering the streets and sidewalks of St. Louis, several organizations have partnered to install 62 recycling bins scattered across the city.
- Detroit art museum says 'thanks' to Michigan with programs Updated: Jul-29-15 4:38 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts is showing its gratitude to the people of Michigan for the state's help in preserving the internationally renowned collection during the city's passage through bankruptcy.
- Correction: Weight Loss-Balloon story Updated: Jul-29-15 1:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story July 28 about an inflatable medical balloon approved to treat obesity, The Associated Press reported erroneously the amount of weight patients regained after having the device removed. Patients actually regained about one-third of their lost weight.
- Yahoo plays catch-up in messaging with video texting app Updated: Jul-29-15 1:26 pm
NEW YORK - Imagine making a video call without other people being able to listen in.
- Nokia launches virtual reality camera for 3D video Updated: Jul-29-15 10:07 am
HELSINKI - Nokia says it's launching a virtual reality camera that will be able to capture three-dimensional video designed for professional content creators.
- Mini recalls about 35K cars to bolster side crash resistance Updated: Jul-29-15 8:58 am
DETROIT - Mini is recalling about 35,000 cars in the U.S. and Canada because they don't meet side-impact crash-test requirements.
- Ahold USA joins initiative on farmworker pay Updated: Jul-29-15 8:49 am
IMMOKALEE, Florida - A major U.S. grocery company joined an initiative Wednesday that requires its Florida tomato suppliers to increase farmworker pay and protect workers from forced labor and sexual assault.
- Nintendo reports profit but no word on new president Updated: Jul-29-15 4:55 am
TOKYO - Nintendo posted an 8.28 billion yen ($67 million) profit for the fiscal first quarter, helped by better sales and a cheap yen, but did not announce a new president to lead the company after the death this month of Satoru Iwata.
- LG Electronics reports 45 percent plunge in 2Q earnings Updated: Jul-29-15 3:17 am
SEOUL, South Korea - LG Electronics said Wednesday its second quarter earnings sank 45 percent over a year earlier as losses widened in its TV business and mobile phones earned little income.
- Future unsure for troubled New Mexico green chile production Updated: Jul-29-15 2:55 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Green chiles have defined New Mexico for generations, gaining fans and fame around the globe.
- Yelp's 2Q results, outlook disappoint as stock plunges Updated: Jul-28-15 7:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Yelp is getting skewered by investors after the online business review service sank to a second-quarter loss and dimmed its outlook amid a slowdown in its digital advertising sales.
- Vaccine law opponents cleared to start recall of senator Updated: Jul-28-15 5:29 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Opponents of California's new vaccine law have been cleared to begin collecting signatures to recall the legislation's author.