- Iran lures foreign investors with new oil contracts Updated: Nov-28-15 2:26 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran unveiled a new model of oil contracts Saturday aimed at attracting foreign investment once sanctions are lifted under a landmark nuclear deal reached earlier this year, and said U.S. companies would be welcome to participate.
- Super Bowl of shopping is more like a scrimmage Updated: Nov-27-15 10:14 pm
NEW YORK - The annual ritual of Black Friday, as we know it, is over.
- Ferrari hometown overwhelmed by roar of test-driving fans Updated: Nov-27-15 7:00 am
MARANELLO, Italy - In the streets of Maranello, the hometown of Ferrari, the roar of the famed sports car is no longer the occasional bragging right of a proud new owner, but a constant backdrop as a number of test-drive businesses give would-be Schumachers the chance to rev up and peel out.
- Company will turn old school into distillery in Muhlenberg Updated: Nov-27-15 4:05 am
GREENVILLE, Kentucky - A western Kentucky company is planning to invest nearly $1.3 million to turn an old school into a distillery, creating 31 jobs.
- Japan plans extra budget, handouts, to pump up recovery Updated: Nov-27-15 2:25 am
TOKYO - Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has ordered Cabinet ministers to prepare an extra spending package, including cash handouts for the poorest pensioners, seeking to breathe fresh life into Japan's stalling recovery.
- Farm recalls produce used in Costco salad linked to E. coli Updated: Nov-26-15 9:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A California farm is recalling a vegetable mix believed to be the source of E.coli in Costco chicken salad that has been linked to an outbreak that has sickened 19 people in seven states, the Food and Drug Administration said Thursday.
- Russia strikes back at Turkey with economic sanctions Updated: Nov-26-15 11:59 am
MOSCOW - Russia plans to retaliate against Turkey for the downing of a warplane by imposing sanctions, cutting economic ties and scrapping major investment projects.
- 'Food Freedom' bill would free some farms from safety rules Updated: Nov-26-15 11:36 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Supporters of a measure that would exempt some small-time farmers and ranchers from food safety rules are pointing to a small Utah farm blocked by state regulators from selling turkeys this Thanksgiving as an example of regulations they see as burdensome.
- South Korea: VW rigged emissions in 125,000 diesel vehicles Updated: Nov-26-15 7:34 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea said Thursday it fined Volkswagen $12.3 million and ordered recalls of 125,522 diesel vehicles after the government found their emissions tests were rigged.
- Costco: FDA tests point toward E. coli in salad vegetables Updated: Nov-25-15 7:47 pm
SEATTLE - Costco officials say testing has pointed toward a vegetable mix from a California food wholesaler as the source of E. coli in the company's chicken salad that has been linked to an outbreak that has sickened 19 people in seven states.
- Court revives Oregon suit over 'phantom recall' of Motrin Updated: Nov-25-15 5:57 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A lawsuit over Johnson & Johnson's buyback of defective Motrin pills has been given new life by the Oregon Court of Appeals.
- New federal rule for catfish inspection process finalized Updated: Nov-25-15 4:36 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service released its final rule Wednesday on a new inspection process for catfish and other ray-finned fish species that's scheduled to start in March.
- EPA moves to withdraw approval of controversial weed killer Updated: Nov-25-15 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency is taking steps to withdraw approval of a controversial new weed killer to be used on genetically modified corn and soybeans.
- FDA approves booster-enhanced flu vaccine for seniors Updated: Nov-25-15 3:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health officials have approved a first-of-a-kind flu vaccine that contains a booster to help protect seniors vulnerable to the virus.
- Burton bringing Playboy centerfolds back to snowboards Updated: Nov-25-15 3:06 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont snowboard company is bringing back images of Playboy bunnies on its boards, seven years after similar depictions sparked a protest outside its headquarters.
- Patrol reminds Ohio motorists to wear vehicle safety belts Updated: Nov-25-15 6:57 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The State Highway Patrol is reminding Ohioans that safety belts provide the single most effective way for motorists to protect themselves as large numbers of people are expected to take to the roads over the Thanksgiving holiday period.
- Toyota recalls vehicles in Japan, Europe for air bag defect Updated: Nov-25-15 2:24 am
TOKYO - Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling 1.6 million vehicles for defective air bags supplied by embattled Japanese manufacturer Takata Corp.
- IndyCar adds additional tethers to improve safety in 2016 Updated: Nov-24-15 6:07 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Three months after Justin Wilson's death at Pocono Raceway, IndyCar is taking steps to reduce crash debris and improve safety.
- Since '01, Clintons collected $35M from financial businesses Updated: Nov-24-15 4:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton wants voters to know she is no friend of Wall Street. But Wall Street has frequently been a friend to her.
- Tesla plans to resume push to open stores in Connecticut Updated: Nov-24-15 3:27 pm
MILFORD, Connecticut - Electric car-maker Tesla Motors plans to resume efforts to pass state legislation allowing them to open showrooms in Connecticut and sell its vehicles directly to consumers.
- Blue Bell resuming ice cream sales in Louisiana, Mississippi Updated: Nov-24-15 12:41 pm
BRENHAM, Texas - Blue Bell ice cream will be available in Louisiana and Jackson, Mississippi, on Dec. 21 after listeria contamination halted sales and prompted cleanup of production plants.
- Company to conduct clinical trial based on Ole Miss research Updated: Nov-24-15 7:42 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - A privately held biotechnology company will conduct a clinical trial of a compound based on research conducted at the University of Mississippi and ElSohly Laboratories.
- Illinois AG Madigan releases annual safe shopping guide Updated: Nov-23-15 7:20 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has released a list of toys and children's products that have been recalled.
- Everyone loves same-day delivery, until they have to pay Updated: Nov-23-15 6:50 pm
NEW YORK - Everyone likes the idea of same-day delivery. But who wants to pay for it?
- FDA approves Bristol-Myers drug for new use in kidney cancer Updated: Nov-23-15 4:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health regulators have expanded approval of a cancer drug from Bristol-Myers Squibb to treat an advanced form of kidney cancer.