- Seoul: North Korea fires rocket seen as covert missile test Updated: Feb-06-16 7:47 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea on Sunday defied international warnings and launched a long-range rocket that the United Nations and others call a cover for a banned test of technology for a missile that could strike the U.S. mainland.
- Genworth Financial Inc. to cut 400 positions Updated: Feb-06-16 4:49 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Henrico County-based insurance company Genworth Financial Inc. has announced it would "eliminate approximately 400 positions" in a cost-cutting move.
- Cause of deadly New York crane collapse under investigation Updated: Feb-06-16 4:14 pm
NEW YORK - It may take weeks to determine why a huge construction crane that was being lowered during strong winds came crashing down onto a street, killing a pedestrian and crushing a row of parked cars, city officials said Saturday.
- Portland's TryEco to move headquarters to Albany Updated: Feb-06-16 1:53 pm
ALBANY, Oregon - The maker of a product that could reduce water demand in farming is establishing its headquarters in Albany.
- GOP-led Congress unlikely to OK Obama's new clean energy bid Updated: Feb-06-16 7:52 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama said Saturday that he will ask the Republican-led Congress to double spending on research and development into clean energy by 2020. But the request is unlikely to be fulfilled.
- Lawmakers pass bill to end ban on meatpacker-owned hogs Updated: Feb-05-16 5:06 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The nation's only ban on hogs owned by meatpackers was expected to end after Nebraska lawmakers voted Friday to repeal a state law designed to keep large processors from exerting too much leverage over small farms.
- Recalls this week: power cords, vacuum cleaners Updated: Feb-05-16 4:25 pm
More than 2 million Microsoft power cords that can overheat and emit flames are among this week's recalled consumer products. Others include vacuum cleaners with cord plug problems and dive computers that can short-circuit.
- Bridgestone-Firestone recalls over 36,000 truck tires Updated: Feb-05-16 2:58 pm
DETROIT - Bridgestone-Firestone North America is recalling more than 36,000 heavy truck tires in the U.S. and Canada because the tread can separate from the body and cause the tires to fail.
- DraftKings makes long delayed push into UK Updated: Feb-05-16 2:10 pm
BOSTON - As its industry continues to tangle with U.S. policymakers, daily fantasy sports giant DraftKings is making its long-anticipated international push with a launch Friday in the United Kingdom.
- Chinese-led investors plan to buy Chicago Stock Exchange Updated: Feb-05-16 1:44 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago Stock Exchange, founded more than a century ago, said it has agreed to be acquired by a Chinese-led investor group.
- Honda's latest air bag recall to total 5.7 million cars Updated: Feb-05-16 3:24 am
TOKYO - Honda Motor Co. said Friday that it would recall 5.7 million cars worldwide in the latest round of recalls involving Takata Corp. air bag inflators that can explode and hurl shrapnel into the vehicle.
- Chinese using carpooling apps to get ride home for holidays Updated: Feb-05-16 3:10 am
SHANGHAI - The hundreds of millions of Chinese heading home for Lunar New Year have a relatively new travel option this year: mobile apps to find carpool partners to share costs in what is a novel concept for most Chinese.
- Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly has book deal Updated: Feb-04-16 10:42 pm
NEW YORK - Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly has a book deal.
- Possible wood slivers prompt H-E-B ice cream recall Updated: Feb-04-16 10:12 pm
SAN ANTONIO - H-E-B supermarkets have issued a voluntary recall for its Creamy Creations Caramel Pecan Turtle ice cream over possible wood pieces in the product.
- Utah sues federal government over sage grouse plan Updated: Feb-04-16 6:59 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah has decided to sue the federal government over its new set of rules intended to protect the greater sage grouse - following similar lawsuits lodged by Idaho and nine Nevada counties, ranchers and two mining companies.
- LinkedIn shares tumble on weak forecast for 2016 Updated: Feb-04-16 6:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - LinkedIn shares plunged as much as 28 percent in after-hours trading Thursday after the company reported better-than-expected results for the fourth quarter but provided a weak forecast for 2016.
- Iowa Democrats propose bill to end Medicaid privatization Updated: Feb-04-16 5:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa Senate Democrats said Thursday that they plan to pass a bill next week that would halt Republican Gov. Terry Branstad's plan to turn over management of the state's Medicaid program to three companies, even though there is little chance that the GOP-led House would support it.
- Navy ship eyed for Maine-to-Nova Scotia ferry service Updated: Feb-04-16 4:35 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The new operator of a ferry service between Maine and Nova Scotia is having such a hard time finding a vessel that it's asking the U.S. Navy for help.
- Food industry looks to Congress as GMO labeling law nears Updated: Feb-04-16 4:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The food industry is pressuring Congress to act before the state of Vermont requires food labels for genetically modified ingredients.
- Automakers to recall 5M vehicles for another air bag problem Updated: Feb-04-16 3:43 pm
DETROIT - Another problem has developed with automotive air bags, and this one will bring recalls of up to 5 million vehicles worldwide.
- 12th annual Local Foods Conference set in West Fargo Updated: Feb-04-16 2:25 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A two-day conference focusing on local foods is being held in West Fargo this weekend.
- Honda to recall 2.2M vehicles for Takata air bag trouble Updated: Feb-03-16 9:37 pm
DETROIT - Honda is recalling an additional 2.2 million Honda and Acura vehicles because the driver's air bag inflators made by Takata can explode and hurl shrapnel into the passenger compartment.
- Scion brand taught Toyota what young buyers really want Updated: Feb-03-16 4:51 pm
DETROIT - Toyota is killing its youth-oriented Scion brand after learning an important lesson: Young buyers simply want Toyotas.
- OSHA investigates death of worker at GM plant in Ohio Updated: Feb-03-16 3:36 pm
DEFIANCE, Ohio - The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the death of a worker at a General Motors plant in northwestern Ohio.
- Comcast loses fewest TV customers in 8 years Updated: Feb-03-16 2:23 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast is trumpeting its best year for traditional TV services in nearly a decade, even though it continues to lose TV subscribers.