- The Latest: Hawaii advances bills on hot classrooms, ferries Updated: Apr-29-16 11:04 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the Hawaii Legislature negotiating dozens of bills before a deadline (all times local):
- Illegal camping out of bill allowing Airbnb to collect taxes Updated: Apr-29-16 9:27 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers have advanced a bill that would allow online brokers such as Airbnb to collect taxes on behalf of people advertising private rentals on the websites, but they removed part of the proposal that would have targeted illegal camping ads by requiring online brokers to verify the legality of their listings.
- USDA offers urban farmers an online toolkit Updated: Apr-29-16 2:33 pm
BALTIMORE - The U.S. Agriculture Department is offering urban farmers some help in growing and marketing their produce.
- Kasich PAC's web ads target delegates with vision of victory Updated: Apr-29-16 11:45 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A super PAC backing Ohio Gov. John Kasich took its case for his presidential nomination directly to delegates this week in an unusual web ad.
- Lawsuit claims discrimination at the New York Times Updated: Apr-29-16 1:01 am
NEW YORK - Two women who work in the advertising department at The New York Times have filed a federal discrimination lawsuit against the newspaper, its chief executive and chief revenue officer.
- Newport cigarettes help boost Reynolds American results Updated: Apr-26-16 12:15 pm
WINSTON SALEM, North Carolina - Reynolds American, the company behind Camel and Pall Mall cigarettes, said strong sales of its recently-acquired Newport brand helped boost its financial results in its first quarter.
- Coquille tribe calls 'Lewis and Clark' lottery ads offensive Updated: Apr-21-16 9:19 am
NORTH BEND, Oregon - The Coquille Indian Tribe is calling for a state lottery campaign to be changed, calling it insensitive to indigenous people.
- FDA campaign takes aim at chewing tobacco use by rural teens Updated: Apr-19-16 2:46 pm
WASHINGTON - Government health officials will team up with minor league baseball as part of a new $36 million campaign to discourage rural teenagers from using chewing tobacco.
- Harley-Davidson puts up surprisingly strong numbers in 1Q Updated: Apr-19-16 10:03 am
MILWAUKEE - Aggressive marketing and new motorcycles liked the Low Rider S limited anticipated profit declines for Harley-Davidson during the first quarter and shares moved sharply higher before the opening bell.
- Hotels woo guests to book directly online with discounts Updated: Apr-18-16 9:38 am
NEW YORK - Hotels are getting more aggressive in their fight to get travelers to book reservations directly with them instead of through online travel agencies such as Expedia and Priceline.
- State could add digital billboards to outdoor ad rules Updated: Apr-17-16 3:37 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Transportation officials will decide whether to add digital billboard restrictions to outdoor advertising rules.
- Governor puts conditions on state money at Citrus Department Updated: Apr-17-16 3:01 am
WINTER HAVEN, Florida - Florida Department of Citrus officials have learned the $7.65 million of state general revenue it will get in the new 2016-17 budget comes with strings attached.
- West Va. hospitals sued over advertising agreement Updated: Apr-16-16 5:12 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit against Charleston Area Medical Center and St. Mary's Hospital, claiming the hospitals split their marketing territories and kept area residents from getting information about competing health care services.
- State Supreme Court says DHHR case should get hearing Updated: Apr-15-16 3:17 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Supreme Court has ruled that a jury should decide whether two former Department of Health and Human Resources officials were retaliated against for raising issues about an advertising contract.
- Broadway ad agency SpotCo shows how campaigns are born Updated: Apr-14-16 9:56 am
NEW YORK - If you close your eyes and think of a really special Broadway show, there's a good chance an image born at SpotCo will pop up.
- Travel Oregon is advertising in The Onion. Seriously. Updated: Apr-13-16 3:19 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Travel Oregon's latest advertising campaign is in The Onion, but you should take it seriously.
- Las Vegas, N.M, eyes 'damn authentic' campaign for tourism Updated: Apr-12-16 11:25 am
LAS VEGAS, New Mexico - A northern New Mexico city hopes a "so damn authentic" campaign brings in new tourists.
- NYC unveils $2 million mental health advertising campaign Updated: Apr-11-16 6:56 pm
NEW YORK - New York City has launched a $2 million advertising campaign meant to get people thinking and talking about mental health problems.
- Newest Pure Michigan campaign touts Detroit's comeback Updated: Apr-10-16 5:32 pm
DETROIT - The newest installment of the Pure Michigan advertising campaign that seeks to attract tourists to the state features Detroit, describing it as a city headed up and a place that is attracting new businesses and young people.
- Hawaii agency going digital to promote islands to visitors Updated: Apr-06-16 9:11 pm
HONOLULU - The state agency promoting Hawaii is increasingly going digital, using social media and virtual reality to reach potential visitors.
- Bradley win adds another conservative vote to Supreme Court Updated: Apr-06-16 5:08 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - It might look like Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Rebecca Bradley's election victory translates to more of the same Republican-friendly rulings, but her big win could usher in a host of subtle changes on the high court.
- Correction: Tourist Yeti story Updated: Apr-04-16 1:33 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - In a story April 2 about Pinellas County tourism, The Associated Press reported erroneously the amount that the county tourism agency arm spent on a marketing campaign. The correct amount is $2.5 million dollars, not $2.5 billion.
- Soul Train brand acquired by Viacom's BET Networks Updated: Apr-04-16 11:01 am
NEW YORK - Soul Train is on track for acquisition by BET Networks, the company announced Monday.
- Indianapolis tourism group goes all-digital with ad campaign Updated: Apr-02-16 10:46 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis tourism group Visit Indy has gone all-digital with its leisure advertising campaign.
- Rhode Island marketing official resigns over Iceland video Updated: Apr-01-16 7:27 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state's top marketing official, who oversaw the disastrous rollout of a tourism campaign that included a video mistakenly featuring a scene from Iceland, resigned on Friday.