- Analyst says GM may consider merger or big partnership Updated: May-28-15 1:51 pm
NEW YORK - General Motors may need to consider big strategic changes like a merger or partnership with a competitor, a Morgan Stanley analyst said Thursday.
- Avago looks to grow with $37B deal for chipmaker Broadcom Updated: May-28-15 11:34 am
NEW YORK - Avago Technologies is buying rival chipmaker Broadcom in a cash and stock deal worth about $37 billion, vastly expanding its lineup of products for the rapidly growing wireless device market at a time when sales growth has otherwise been tough to come by for smaller chipmakers.
- Tiffany boosts its dividend 5 percent Updated: May-28-15 11:01 am
NEW YORK - Tiffany & Co. is increasing its dividend for shareholders, the high-end jeweler said Thursday.
- GoPro gets real ... virtually real Updated: May-28-15 11:01 am
NEW YORK - Shares of GoPro jumped to a five-month high Thursday after the company's CEO said the company is getting into the drone and virtual reality business.
- Express has little in the way of retail blahs in 1Q Updated: May-28-15 8:32 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Solid sales growth at Express pushed the clothing retailer beyond Wall Street's first-quarter expectations and the company boosted its full-year earnings forecast.
- Exxon shareholders to vote on climate change, fracking Updated: May-27-15 5:42 pm
DALLAS - Shareholders of big oil companies overwhelmingly rejected several environmental resolutions including proposals to put climate-change experts on their boards and set goals for greenhouse-gas emissions.
- Planet Fitness threatens to move headquarters over tax laws Updated: May-27-15 3:38 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Planet Fitness is threatening to move its headquarters out of New Hampshire - taking hundreds of jobs with it - if the Legislature does not change a state tax law ahead of the gym's anticipated initial public offering.
- Fortinet buying Meru Networks for about $39.6 million Updated: May-27-15 11:22 am
SUNNYVALE, California - Tech security company Fortinet is buying Meru Networks Inc. for about $39.6 million in a move aimed at strengthening its position in the wireless market.
- Media heads rule ranks of best-paid CEOs Updated: May-26-15 8:47 pm
NEW YORK - They're not Hollywood stars, they're not TV personalities and they don't play in a rock band, but their pay packages are in the same league.
- Hormel buying meat producer Applegate Farms for $775M Updated: May-26-15 5:48 pm
NEW YORK - Hormel Foods is paying $775 million to add natural and organic meats producer Applegate Farms to its roster of food brands that include Spam canned ham, Dinty Moore stew and Jennie-O turkey.
- Gym operator Planet Fitness plans to go public Updated: May-26-15 4:04 pm
NEW YORK - Planet Fitness, the company known for its low-cost purple-and-yellow gyms, plans to go public.
- SFX CEO Sillerman taking dance music promoter private Updated: May-26-15 1:43 pm
NEW YORK - Electronic dance music promoter SFX Entertainment said Tuesday that it plans to go private, as Chairman and CEO Robert Sillerman will buy the company in a deal valuing SFX at around $490 million.
- Campbell Soup says 3Q profit and soup sales declined Updated: May-22-15 1:33 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Campbell Soup said Friday that its net income and revenue fell in the fiscal third quarter, with U.S. soup sales declining.
- Aeropostale drops aftermarket on weak 1Q results Updated: May-21-15 6:08 pm
NEW YORK - Shares of Aeropostale tumbled in aftermarket trading Thursday after the teen clothing retailer posted another quarterly loss, saying its first-quarter sales declined 20 percent.
- HP's 2Q earnings slip, but still top analyst views Updated: May-21-15 5:53 pm
PALO ALTO, California - Hewlett-Packard Co.'s earnings slipped in the latest quarter as the long-slumping technology company struggled to boosts its sales while preparing to split up its operations.
- Canadian e-commerce platform Shopify climbs in market debut Updated: May-21-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Shares of Shopify climbed 51 percent in its first day of trading Thursday, a day after raking in about $131 million in its initial public offering, more than the company expected.
- Hewlett-Packard sells stake in Chinese unit for $2.3B Updated: May-21-15 4:37 pm
NEW YORK - Hewlett-Packard is selling a controlling stake in its China server and storage unit, a move that comes as the Chinese government, apparently worried about U.S. cyberspying, has encouraged the use of local companies.
- Lumber Liquidators CEO quits, catching company off guard Updated: May-21-15 4:32 pm
NEW YORK - Lumber Liquidators CEO Robert Lynch has abruptly quit the company that is embroiled in an investigation over products imported from China.
- Tribune Media declares 25-cent dividend Updated: May-21-15 10:40 am
NEW YORK - Tribune Media Co. said Thursday that its board of directors declared its first quarterly dividend and set the amount at 25 cents per share.
- E-commerce retailer Etsy reports 1st-quarter loss Updated: May-19-15 5:03 pm
NEW YORK - Etsy shares sank after its first earnings report as a publicly traded company showed a hefty quarterly loss due to costs related to restructuring and a tax provision.
- Dick's meets 1Q profit forecasts, but sales measure short Updated: May-19-15 8:55 am
NEW YORK - Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. reported positive first-quarter financial results on Tuesday, but a key sales measure fell short of expectations, sending the sporting-goods company's shares lower.
- Endo buying Par for $8B in push for generics, higher profit Updated: May-18-15 2:52 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Drugmaker Endo International PLC is climbing toward the top of the steadily consolidating generic medicine business with a deal to buy Par Pharmaceutical Holdings Inc. for about $8.05 billion.
- Ascena goes shopping, buys Ann Taylor for more than $2B Updated: May-18-15 11:29 am
NEW YORK - The Ascena Retail Group is buying the owner of Ann Taylor and Loft in a deal valued at about $2.16 billion.
- Eleven Bio shares fall on failed study of eye drug Updated: May-18-15 9:29 am
NEW YORK - Shares of Eleven Biotherapeutics Inc. plunged Monday after the clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company said its key drug candidate failed to meet its goals in a late-stage study.
- The bid for Avon that apparently was not Updated: May-14-15 5:50 pm
NEW YORK - An apparently bogus offer to take over Avon Products that appeared on a regulatory website sent its stock on a wild ride Thursday and raised questions about the security of the online service, a trusted source of news for investors.