- Drug developer Adaptimmune wavers after IPO raises $191M Updated: May-06-15 11:43 am
NEW YORK - Shares of cancer drug developer Adaptimmune are up slightly after the British company's initial public offering raised $191.3 million.
- Early gains for US stocks after some solid company earnings Updated: May-06-15 9:43 am
NEW YORK - Stronger earnings from several U.S. companies are sending stock prices higher in early trading.
- Alexion Pharma to pay $8.4 billion for Synageva BioPharma Updated: May-06-15 9:11 am
Alexion Pharmaceuticals will pay a huge premium to buy fellow rare disease treatment maker Synageva BioPharma in an $8.4-billion deal for a company with no products on the market.
- Internet company launched by Kim Dotcom fails to list in NZ Updated: May-06-15 2:26 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Internet file-storage company Mega Ltd., launched in 2013 by indicted entrepreneur Kim Dotcom, failed Wednesday in a bid to list on New Zealand's stock market.
- Sally Beauty meets 2Q profit forecasts Updated: May-05-15 2:31 pm
DENTON, Texas - Fiscal second-quarter earnings rose more than 5 percent for Sally Beauty Holdings Inc., as improved sales growth from established stores helped the retailer's performance.
- Build-A-Bear slides after revenue slumps in 1Q Updated: May-05-15 12:13 pm
ST. LOUIS - Shares of Build-A-Bear Workshop tumbled Tuesday after the toy retailer said its sales fell in the first quarter as its business in North America struggled.
- HCA backs up early 1Q peek at quarter with strong admissions Updated: May-05-15 9:32 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - First-quarter earnings soared 70 percent for HCA, as admissions growth helped the hospital chain reaffirm a strong performance it initially outlined last month.
- Freddie Mac posts $524M profit in 1Q; paying $746M dividend Updated: May-05-15 9:17 am
WASHINGTON - Mortgage giant Freddie Mac reported net income of $524 million for the first quarter, down sharply from the same period of 2014, as it sustained losses on the investments it uses to hedge against swings in interest rates.
- Sprint's aggressive grab nets new customers, but at a cost Updated: May-05-15 8:58 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Sprint added more than a million new subscribers in the fourth quarter but at a cost as aggressive pricing and promotions widened its losses.
- Starboard Value says it bought 4M shares of Brink's Updated: May-04-15 5:58 pm
NEW YORK - Activist investment firm Starboard Value says it bought an 8.2 percent stake in armored car company Brink's, and it called the stock undervalued.
- Dow Chemical to trim about 3 pct of global workforce Updated: May-04-15 12:57 pm
Dow Chemical will cut about 3 percent of its global workforce as it prepares to break off a significant part of its chlorine operations in a deal announced earlier this year with Olin Corp.
- PartnerRe rejects Exor's offer, says it will merge with Axis Updated: May-04-15 12:55 pm
NEW YORK - PartnerRe rejected an offer from Italian investment company Exor, saying it will go ahead with its combination with competitor Axis Capital.
- Pinnacle Entertainment in talks to sell real estate assets Updated: May-04-15 11:42 am
NEW YORK - Pinnacle Entertainment, which is in process of splitting into two companies, confirmed Monday that it is in talks to sell its real estate assets to Gaming and Leisure Properties Inc.
- Vermillion High School students to help in building project Updated: May-03-15 10:38 am
VERMILLION, South Dakota - A group of Vermillion students have been hired to help move every piece of classroom furniture from Vermillion High School into another building as workers forge ahead with an improvement project in the 50-year-old school.
- CVS Health tops Street forecasts, as 1Q earnings climb 8 pct Updated: May-01-15 12:16 pm
Pricey specialty drugs are helping CVS Health thrive after kicking tobacco sales, with revenue from the treatments pushing first-quarter earnings well above Wall Street expectations for the drugstore chain and pharmacy benefits manager.
- LinkedIn joins Twitter in post-earnings tumble Updated: Apr-30-15 8:46 pm
NEW YORK - Dumping social media stocks that show any sign of weakness is trending on Wall Street.
- American International Group posts 1Q profit Updated: Apr-30-15 7:02 pm
NEW YORK - American International Group Inc. on Thursday reported better-than-expected earnings in the first quarter, partly boosted by improvement in commercial insurance underwriting.
- Blueprint Medicines climbs after IPO tops estimates at $147M Updated: Apr-30-15 4:50 pm
NEW YORK - Shares of Blueprint Medicines rose Thursday after the biotech cancer drug developer's initial public offering raised $146.6 million, above its expectations.
- Will Japan funds keep going, or just disappoint again? Updated: Apr-30-15 3:25 pm
NEW YORK - How much longer can the sun shine on Japan's stock market?
- Yahoo CEO's pay package climbs in 2014 due to stock gains Updated: Apr-29-15 7:25 pm
NEW YORK - The value of Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's pay package surged last year, mostly due to gains in the Internet company's stock price that came despite concerns about the overall health of Yahoo's business.
- FDA approves injection for melting away double-chin fat Updated: Apr-29-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - The Food and Drug Administration said Wednesday it approved an injection designed to melt away double-chin fat.
- Starwood Hotels considering strategic options Updated: Apr-29-15 4:04 pm
NEW YORK - Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide says its board of directors will explore "a full range" of strategic and financial options for the hotel company. Although the company did not cite specific actions, the possibilities could include a potential sale. Its shares jumped 8 percent in afternoon trading.
- Valeant raises outlook after completing purchase of Salix Updated: Apr-29-15 2:01 pm
LAVAL, Quebec - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. said Wednesday it turned a profit in the first quarter, and the Canadian drugmaker raised its forecasts for the year after completing more acquisitions.
- Mylan raises offer for Perrigo to $34.1B, or $232 per share Updated: Apr-29-15 1:40 pm
NEW YORK - Generic drugmaker Mylan raised its offer for over-the-counter medicines maker Perrigo Wednesday, but the Irish company again rejected Mylan's overture.
- Northrop Grumman 1Q results beat analysts' expectations Updated: Apr-29-15 12:29 pm
FALLS CHURCH, Virginia - Northrop Grumman's first-quarter profit fell as expenses climbed. But its performance topped analysts' estimates, and the defense contractor boosted its full-year earnings forecast.