- Government sells remaining stake in GM Updated: Dec-09-13 6:22 pm
- Sysco to buy US Foods for about $3.5B Updated: Dec-09-13 4:37 pm
- GM stock hits new high as government exit nears Updated: Dec-09-13 3:39 pm
- Aetna raises quarterly dividend to 22.5 cents Updated: Dec-06-13 3:17 pm
- Phillips 66 plans new, $2B share buyback program Updated: Dec-06-13 2:34 pm
- Barnes & Noble shares fall on SEC probe Updated: Dec-06-13 1:58 pm
- Sears to spin off Lands' End business Updated: Dec-06-13 1:29 pm
- Microsoft slumps after Mulally repeats 'no change' Updated: Dec-05-13 2:50 pm
- L Brands key November sales figure falls 5 percent Updated: Dec-05-13 11:37 am
- Carl Icahn ups ante in crusade for Apple buyback Updated: Dec-04-13 6:21 pm
- Disney raises annual dividend to 86 cents Updated: Dec-04-13 4:43 pm
- Deere expands share buyback program by $8 billion Updated: Dec-04-13 11:41 am
- Key Walgreen metric climbs 3.2 percent in November Updated: Dec-04-13 11:10 am
- SPX selling stake in EGS Electric for $571 million Updated: Dec-04-13 9:53 am
- Investors cool on biotech IPOs as shares fall Updated: Dec-03-13 6:17 pm
- J.C. Penney says key sales measure up in November Updated: Dec-03-13 5:07 pm
- Abercrombie & Fitch shareholder calls for new CEO Updated: Dec-03-13 1:49 pm
- As IPOs return, Milan index aims to be fashion hub Updated: Dec-03-13 12:24 pm
- Xencor trades higher after IPO prices at $70M Updated: Dec-03-13 10:34 am
- Mondelez boosts stock repurchase program by $1.7B Updated: Dec-03-13 10:09 am
- AMC Entertainment may raise up to $368M in IPO Updated: Dec-03-13 6:59 am
- Hilton could raise $2.4B, 1 of year's biggest IPOs Updated: Dec-02-13 6:19 pm
- Dow Chemical and eBay are big market movers Updated: Dec-02-13 5:41 pm
- Forest Labs to cut 500 jobs in $500M restructuring Updated: Dec-02-13 4:33 pm
- CVS Caremark to buy Coram for $2.1 billion Updated: Nov-27-13 12:55 pm
DETROIT - The U.S. government ended up losing $10.5 billion on the General Motors bailout, but it says the alternative would have been far worse.
HOUSTON - One of the largest food supply companies is buying one of its key rivals, creating an even larger, global distribution company.
DETROIT - Shares of General Motors Co. hit their highest level Monday since returning to the public stock markets three years ago as investors anticipated the U.S. government selling its remaining stake in the company.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Health insurer Aetna said Friday it is raising its quarterly dividend to 22.5 cents from 20 cents.
HOUSTON - Oil refiner Phillips 66 said Friday that its board of directors has approved a new $2 billion share repurchase program, sending its shares to an all-time high.
Shares of Barnes & Noble fell on Friday after the bookseller said it was cooperating in a Securities and Exchange Commission investigation into its accounting.
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois - Sears Holdings Corp. said Friday that it will spin off its Lands' End clothing business as a separate company by distributing stock to the retailer's shareholders.
LOS ANGELES - Microsoft shares fell 3 percent Thursday after Ford CEO Alan Mulally said that there is "no change in my plan" to stay with the automaker through the end of next year, dampening some investors' hopes he would take the top job at the software giant soon.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - L Brands, the owner of Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works and other retailers, said Thursday that sales at stores open at least a year dropped 5 percent in November.
SAN FRANCISCO - Activist investor Carl Icahn is seeking the support of Apple shareholders as he tries to pressure the iPhone maker into spending more of its cash to buy back the company's stock.
NEW YORK - Disney is raising its annual dividend to 86 cents from 75 cents.
Deere & Co. said Wednesday that its board of directors approved an increase to the company's share buyback program. It also declared a quarterly dividend.
Walgreen Co.'s revenue from established stores rose 3.2 percent last month compared to November 2012, when a wave of generic drugs hurt the top-line of the nation's largest drugstore chain.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - SPX is selling its minority interest in the joint venture EGS Electric Group LLC to its partner Emerson Electric Co. for $571 million.
Biotech IPOs have gone from hot to cold.
PLANO, Texas - J. C. Penney Co. says a key sales measure jumped 10.1 percent in November, helped by a strong start to the holiday shopping season.
NEW YORK - An investment firm said Tuesday that Abercrombie & Fitch should not renew its contract with CEO Michael Jeffries when it expires in February. Shares of the teen retailer rose more than 5 percent in afternoon trading.
MILAN - Moncler, an Italian fashion house known for its down jackets, is launching an initial public offering this month in what Milan's main stock exchange hopes will boost its plan to become an international hub for luxury goods company listings.
NEW YORK - Shares of Xencor are rising after the biotechnology company's initial public offering raised $70 million, at the low end of its expectations.
DEERFIELD, Illinois - Mondelez is increasing its stock repurchase program by $1.7 billion. The maker of Oreo cookies can now buy back up to $7.7 billion shares of its common stock through 2016.
NEW YORK - AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. may raise up to $368 million from an initial public offering of approximately 18.4 million shares of its common stock.
NEW YORK - Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. said Monday that it could raise as much as $2.37 billion, making it one of the year's biggest IPOs.
NEW YORK - Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Monday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market:
NEW YORK - Forest Laboratories says it plans to cut about 500 jobs as part of a plan to trim $500 million in costs over the next two years.
NEW YORK - Drugstore chain operator CVS Caremark Corp. said Wednesday that it has agreed to buy the drug infusion business Coram LLC, a unit of Apria Healthcare Group Inc., for $2.1 billion.