- Endo reports 1st-quarter loss, trims full-year guidance Updated: May-05-16 6:54 pm
DUBLIN - Shares of Endo International PLC plunged in extended trading Thursday after the drugmaker slashed its full-year outlook because of increasing competition and regulatory delays.
- Medivation: No to Sanofi's renewed press to take $9.3B offer Updated: May-05-16 4:56 pm
Medivation again rejected Sanofi's bid to acquire the biologic drugmaker for $9.3 billion, saying Thursday that it "substantially undervalues" Medivation and its prospects.
- Exxon and FuelCell to study capturing carbon emissions Updated: May-05-16 2:47 pm
DALLAS - Exxon Mobil and FuelCell Energy say that they will jointly work on technology to reduce the cost of capturing carbon emissions from power plants.
- Chesapeake reports better-than-expected results Updated: May-05-16 10:52 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Chesapeake Energy, the nation's second largest natural gas driller, reported narrowed first-quarter losses Thursday and a $470 million sale of assets that could provide the company with a little more breathing room after nearly a decade of declining prices.
- Fannie Mae posts $1.1B profit in 1Q; paying $919M dividend Updated: May-05-16 9:35 am
WASHINGTON - Mortgage giant Fannie Mae posted net income of $1.1 billion for the first quarter, down from a year ago as declining interest rates reduced the value of the financial instruments it uses to hedge against rate swings.
- Tesla Motors brushes off 1Q net loss, accelerates plans Updated: May-04-16 7:35 pm
DETROIT - Electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc. brushed off a big first-quarter loss and cheered investors with news that it plans to accelerate its production plans.
- Tribune Publishing rejects Gannett's 'opportunistic' bid Updated: May-04-16 7:12 pm
Tribune Publishing Co. on Wednesday rejected Gannett's more than $388 million buyout offer, saying it's too little for the company that owns The Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune and other newspapers.
- ICE backs away from bid for London Stock Exchange Updated: May-04-16 11:01 am
ATLANTA - Intercontinental Exchange has jettisoned plans to acquire the London Stock Exchange.
- Mining company's stock dives as Brazil sues in dam tragedy Updated: May-04-16 10:20 am
LONDON - Shares in miner BHP Billiton tumbled after Brazil's federal prosecutor launched a $43 billion civil suit for a dam break that killed 19 people and caused the worst environmental disaster in the country's history.
- Kate Spade posts 1Q profit, sees strong online sales Updated: May-04-16 8:08 am
NEW YORK - Kate Spade moved to a profit in its first quarter, helped by strong online sales and solid demand in North America.
- Match Group tops Street 1Q forecasts Updated: May-03-16 5:48 pm
DALLAS - Match Group Inc. (MTCH) on Tuesday reported first-quarter profit of $7.2 million.
- IMS Health and Quintiles merging in $9 billion stock deal Updated: May-03-16 3:26 pm
NEW YORK - Health care data company IMS Health and Quintiles, which helps drug companies with clinical trial research, said Tuesday they are merging in an all-stock deal worth nearly $9 billion.
- Milwaukee manufacturer's owners give company to employees Updated: May-03-16 1:52 pm
MILWAUKEE - The owners of a Milwaukee-based paper machine manufacturer have delighted their employees by handing them the keys to the 65-year-old company through an employee stock ownership plan.
- CVS Health tops Street 1Q forecasts Updated: May-03-16 11:20 am
NEW YORK - Specialty drugs and retail expansions boosted CVS Health's first-quarter revenue by 18.9 percent, helping to offset higher costs and push results above Wall Street expectations.
- Mylan tops 1Q profit forecasts Updated: May-03-16 11:04 am
NEW YORK - Higher costs cut into Mylan NV's first-quarter profit, but generic drug sales pushed revenue higher and the earnings results still topped Wall Street expectations.
- Freddie Mac posts $354M loss in 1Q; no dividend payment Updated: May-03-16 10:11 am
WASHINGTON - Mortgage giant Freddie Mac reported a net loss of $354 million for the first quarter, mostly due to losses it sustained on the investments it uses to hedge against swings in interest rates.
- Starwood 1Q results top Street, raises full-year outlook Updated: May-03-16 7:13 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Starwood's first-quarter results beat Wall Street's view, and the lodging company boosted its full-year earnings forecast.
- Lights out: Philips to launch IPO for lighting division Updated: May-03-16 3:02 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Royal Philips NV announced Tuesday that it is spinning off its iconic lighting division in an initial public offering so it can focus on its future as a health technology provider.
- Family decides to hand over Milwaukee company to employees Updated: May-03-16 2:25 am
MILWAUKEE - A family has decided to hand over a 65-year-old Milwaukee company to employees through a stock ownership plan.
- Anadarko Petroleum reports 1Q loss Updated: May-02-16 4:53 pm
THE WOODLANDS, Texas - Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (APC) on Monday reported a loss of $1.03 billion in its first quarter.
- Halliburton, Baker Hughes eye future after merger scuttled Updated: May-02-16 4:25 pm
DALLAS - Halliburton and Baker Hughes, whose planned merger is the latest big deal to be shot down by antitrust regulators, now must pick up the pieces and shore up their companies during a severe slump in oil and gas drilling.
- Valeant files overdue financial report, ending debt default Updated: Apr-29-16 4:36 pm
Valeant Pharmaceuticals resolved its default on some of its $30 billion in debt by finally filing its long-overdue U.S. financial report for 2015 on Friday. The badly tarnished Canadian drugmaker also announced a slate of mostly new nominees for elections to its board in June.
- Weekly Summary Corporate dividends, name changes, new listings Updated: Apr-29-16 3:15 pm
NEW YORK - Changes announced in corporate dividends Apr. 25-Apr. 29.
- Correction: Abbott-St Jude Acquisition story Updated: Apr-29-16 11:12 am
In a story April 28 about an Abbott Laboratories plan to buy St. Jude Medical, The Associated Press reported erroneously the deal's value. Abbott Laboratories will spend $25 billion to buy St. Jude Medical, not $19.3 billion.
- Rovi buying TiVo in $1.1B cash-and-stock deal Updated: Apr-29-16 7:45 am
NEW YORK - Digital TV listing company Rovi is buying TiVo in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $1.1 billion.