- US stocks edge higher as investors wait for earnings Updated: Oct-12-15 4:51 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks edged higher Monday on a quiet day for the market ahead of a busy weak for corporate earnings.
- Eli Lilly to stop study of heart disease drug evacetrapib Updated: Oct-12-15 11:29 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Shares of Eli Lilly plunged Monday after the drugmaker said it would stop developing a heart disease treatment that had advanced deep into clinical testing.
- Phillips 66 2016 capital budget lower than previous year Updated: Oct-12-15 10:29 am
HOUSTON - Phillips 66 has set its 2016 capital budget at $3.6 billion, which is $1 billion below the prior-year's budget. But its board has approved raising its stock buyback program by $2 billion.
- Fiat Chrysler kick-starts sale of Ferrari stake Updated: Oct-12-15 5:01 am
MILAN - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV has begun the process of selling a near 10-percent stake in luxury sports car brand Ferrari to Wall Street investors.
- Prosecutors play back ex-coal CEO's phone calls at trial Updated: Oct-09-15 7:00 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship lamented a push by his board to cap his salary at $12 million, called the group "so unappreciative," and said at least a quarter of his wealth was tied up in his company's stock, according to phone calls he secretly recorded in his office.
- Gap shares fall on disappointing sales at Banana Republic Updated: Oct-08-15 7:48 pm
NEW YORK - The creative director for Gap's Banana Republic brand is stepping down after 18 months in that role.
- Deutsche Bank shares slip on dividend warning Updated: Oct-08-15 1:22 pm
BERLIN - Shares in Deutsche Bank dropped Thursday after the company said it would post a multibillion-euro loss in the third quarter and may scrap this year's dividend payment.
- Freeport-McMoRan adds 2 board members from Carl Icahn's firm Updated: Oct-07-15 11:56 am
NEW YORK - Shares of Freeport-McMoRan rose sharply Wednesday after the copper miner added two board members chosen by Carl Icahn.
- Yum's stock plunges after KFC parent's slow China recovery Updated: Oct-06-15 4:57 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Shares of Yum Brand plunged in late trading Tuesday after the owner of KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell cut its profit outlook for the year, citing a slower-than-expected comeback for its key China division.
- DuPont CEO Kullman steps down, company lowers guidance Updated: Oct-05-15 8:48 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The DuPont Co. on Monday announced that CEO and Chairwoman Ellen Kullman, who earlier this year fought off a bruising challenge from a major activist investor, will retire at the end of next week.
- Twitter gives co-founder Jack Dorsey a 2nd chance as CEO Updated: Oct-05-15 4:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter is embracing Jack Dorsey as its CEO in hopes that its once-spurned co-founder can hatch a plan to expand the short messaging service's audience and end nearly a decade of financial losses.
- Spark Therapeutics up after detailing eye treatment study Updated: Oct-05-15 2:01 pm
Shares of Spark Therapeutics soared after the drug developer reported positive, early results from a late-stage study of its potential gene-therapy treatment for a rare, inherited condition that can lead to blindness.
- US auto sales show big gains, except at Volkswagen Updated: Oct-01-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - September was a blockbuster sales month for the U.S. auto industry - except at Volkswagen, where an emissions scandal forced the company to halt sales of most of its diesel-powered vehicles.
- Dunkin' expects sales at stores open at least a year to slow Updated: Oct-01-15 5:23 pm
NEW YORK - Shares of Dunkin' Brands fell more than 12 percent Thursday after the company said it expects sales to slow from the previous quarter at its doughnut shops.
- Hewlett-Packard board approves plan to split in 2 companies Updated: Oct-01-15 1:51 pm
NEW YORK - Hewlett-Packard said Thursday that its board approved its plan to split into two separate companies.
- Starboard buys minority stake in Advance Auto Parts Updated: Sep-30-15 1:30 pm
NEW YORK - Starboard Value LP has purchased a minority interest in Advance Auto Parts and says the auto parts retailer is undervalued.
- Ralph Lauren shares continue rally after co. names new CEO Updated: Sep-30-15 1:07 pm
NEW YORK - Ralph Lauren Corp.'s shares extended their rally Wednesday, a day after the fashion company announced it was hiring Old Navy's top talent to take over the CEO job.
- Ralph Lauren hands off CEO role to Old Navy executive Updated: Sep-29-15 6:08 pm
NEW YORK - Ralph Lauren is handing off his title as CEO of the fashion and home decor empire that he founded nearly 50 years ago.
- Republic Airways soars after airline announces labor deal Updated: Sep-29-15 10:46 am
Shares of Republic Airways extended a rally into a second day Tuesday after the regional airline operator said it had reached a tentative agreement on a new contract with a pilots' union.
- Congressional Democrats push for Valeant Pharma subpoena Updated: Sep-28-15 2:38 pm
Congressional Democrats are pressing a Republican committee chairman to force a pharmaceutical company to turn over documents tied to price hikes imposed earlier this year.
- Whole Foods to cut about 1,500 jobs over next 8 weeks Updated: Sep-28-15 11:13 am
NEW YORK - Grocery chain Whole Foods is cutting about 1,500 jobs over the next eight weeks as it looks to lower prices and keep up with competition.
- Nasdaq center aims to build relationships with startups Updated: Sep-24-15 5:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Nasdaq has long been known as the "tech-heavy" stock exchange, where some of Silicon Valley's best-known companies have gone to sell shares. Now, as it faces stiff competition from rival exchanges to lure the next hot IPO, it's reaching out to business startups before they go public.
- Target adds executive for new role in operations Updated: Sep-24-15 3:14 pm
NEW YORK - Target continues to reshape its management under its CEO Brian Cornell who came on board a little over a year ago.
- Post Holdings to spend $90M on Northwest egg supplier Updated: Sep-23-15 2:29 pm
ST. LOUIS - Post Holdings plans to spend $90 million to buy an egg producer that serves the Northwest in a deal announced a few months after the cereal maker's egg supply took a hit from a deadly bird flu outbreak.
- Darden 1Q results top Street, key sales metric improves Updated: Sep-22-15 8:03 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Darden's fiscal first-quarter results topped Wall Street's view as a key sales metric improved. The company also boosted its full-year earnings forecast.