- Maine Democrats continue Medicaid expansion push Updated: Apr-16-14 4:06 am
- Leaders await decision on Indiana Plan expansion Updated: Apr-15-14 7:59 pm
- Fiscal impact of Medicaid initiative questioned Updated: Apr-15-14 5:02 pm
- $32 million budget fix sent to Maine governor Updated: Apr-15-14 2:43 pm
- Praeger, Kansas groups urge health compact veto Updated: Apr-15-14 1:47 pm
- Walker kicks off re-election campaign with rallies Updated: Apr-15-14 1:07 pm
- Va. House Republicans reaffirm Medicaid opposition Updated: Apr-15-14 11:52 am
- Salem doctor bills Medicare the most in Oregon Updated: Apr-15-14 10:03 am
- Democrats to remove Bethune from House 64 primary Updated: Apr-15-14 9:28 am
- 3 GOP governors blast Medicare Advantage rates Updated: Apr-15-14 3:05 am
- Woman sentenced to prison in $25M health scam Updated: Apr-14-14 11:56 pm
- ACLU seeks to oppose diocese in birth control suit Updated: Apr-14-14 8:13 pm
- Feds extend funds to Fla hospitals for 1 more year Updated: Apr-14-14 6:19 pm
- Public gets its turn to discuss Louisiana budget Updated: Apr-14-14 4:58 pm
- CBO: Deficits to drift lower on lower health costs Updated: Apr-14-14 4:58 pm
- Anti-tax group praises Va. House speaker Updated: Apr-14-14 2:22 pm
- NY gets final terms for $8B Medicaid waiver Updated: Apr-14-14 1:26 pm
- Indiana officials consider funding for adoptions Updated: Apr-14-14 11:04 am
- 6 SD doctors got $1M Medicare payments in 2012 Updated: Apr-14-14 9:10 am
- 8 Florida patients arrested in Medicare scam Updated: Apr-14-14 3:05 am
- Analysis: Questions on La. hospital deals linger Updated: Apr-13-14 7:50 pm
- Shoffner overshadows race for Arkansas treasurer Updated: Apr-13-14 4:29 pm
- 25% of Colorado foster kids on psychotropic Updated: Apr-13-14 2:58 pm
- Ala. doctors explain high Medicare reimbursements Updated: Apr-13-14 1:31 pm
- SC Medicaid pays $50,000 to monitor social media Updated: Apr-13-14 1:28 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Democrats are advancing a new bill to expand Medicaid coverage to roughly 70,000 low-income residents under the federal health care law, but its chance of getting past Republican Gov. Paul LePage is slim.
INDIANAPOLIS - Two of the state's top Republican lawmakers said Tuesday that they would like to see the federal government sign off on an expansion of Medicaid through the state's health care plan for low-income residents, but they added that they have little idea how soon that could happen.
HELENA, Montana - Attorney General Tim Fox is asking the state Supreme Court to order a new fiscal note for a ballot initiative that seeks to expand the Medicaid program in Montana.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers sent a bill to Gov. Paul LePage on Tuesday that fixes a $32 million gap in the state budget next fiscal year and moves hundreds of developmentally disabled residents off waitlists for Medicaid services like home-based care.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger and several health care organizations urged Gov. Sam Brownback on Tuesday to veto legislation that would allow Kansas to join a multistate health care compact.
DANE, Wisconsin - Republican Gov. Scott Walker, touting nearly $2 billion in tax cuts over the past three years and the addition of more than 100,000 jobs, officially launched his re-election campaign Tuesday with a series of rallies across Wisconsin.
RICHMOND, Virginia - House Republicans say they remain resolute in their opposition to using federal Medicaid funds to provide health insurance to as many as 400,000 low-income Virginians.
SALEM, Oregon - A Salem rheumatologist received more money from Medicare in 2012 than any other doctor in Oregon.
SUMTER, South Carolina - The South Carolina Democratic Party says it is taking steps to remove Willie Lee Bethune from the June House District 64 primary after his conviction for Medicaid fraud.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Three Southern Republican governors are writing President Barack Obama to complain about newly announced Medicare Advantage payments.
LOS ANGELES - The former owner of a Los Angeles medical equipment company has been sentenced to more than six years in federal prison for submitting nearly $25 million in bogus Medicare bills.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The American Civil Liberties Union is seeking to enter a pending federal lawsuit to argue against Roman Catholic organizations in Wyoming that are trying to block the birth-control coverage requirement in the federal health care overhaul.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Federal health officials have agreed to funnel $2 billion to Florida hospitals and providers that serve uninsured patients for another year.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Two women whose daughters were killed in traffic accidents pleaded with lawmakers Monday to spend more on cable median barriers that could have prevented the fatal collisions.
WASHINGTON - A congressional report released Monday predicts slightly smaller deficits both this year and over the coming decade, with lower spending on federal health care spending being the main reason.
RICHMOND, Virginia - An anti-tax group Americans for Tax Reform is applauding House Speaker William J. Howell for his opposition to Medicaid expansion, praise that comes a year after the group advocated for new leadership in the House of Delegates.
ALBANY, New York - New York and federal officials report final agreement allowing the state to reinvest $8 billion in Medicaid savings to support hospital overhauls and expand primary medical care over the next five years.
INDIANAPOLIS - After about a year of fostering toddler Antoinette, Jackie Townsend adopted the 5-year-old she describes as the "prettiest little thing."
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Six doctors in South Dakota each received more than $1 million in payments from Medicare in 2012, according to new data from the federal government.
MIAMI - Eight Florida seniors have been indicted for their alleged roles in a $12.5 million Medicare home health scam.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A year after Gov. Bobby Jindal started turning over the operations of Louisiana's university-run hospital system to outside companies, lawmakers are complaining that they have unanswered questions about the deals.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Despite it being a relatively little-known post, the Republican primary for Arkansas treasurer has hardly been a low-key affair. Overshadowed by a former state treasurer's conviction on bribery and extortion charges, the race is pitting two GOP rivals who each insist they're the best candidate to overhaul a troubled office.
DENVER - A University of Colorado analysis found that more than 25 percent of Colorado's foster children in 2012 were prescribed psychotropic drugs and that about half of the children who were taking antipsychotics drugs were for "off-label" reasons not approved by the federal Food and Drug Administration.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Medicare reimbursed several Alabama doctors more than $4 million in 2012, according to data released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services last week.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - South Carolina's Medicaid agency is paying an institute at Clemson University $50,000 to monitor Facebook, Twitter, bloggers and other social media.